He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

Right on time.

UNVOTE:

@Roden - stuff has happened. Things have changed. My reads are not the same and it seems I need to reevaluate completely. You can vote FG if you want. Vote me if you’d like. I don’t care I’m going to keep trucking and we will both just learn to get along
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 300, whiskey delta wrote:Right on time.

UNVOTE:

@Roden - stuff has happened. Things have changed. My reads are not the same and it seems I need to reevaluate completely. You can vote FG if you want. Vote me if you’d like. I don’t care I’m going to keep trucking and we will both just learn to get along
What did 72 do? What did Furtive do?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 292, Roden wrote:
In post 290, whiskey delta wrote:VOTE: 72offsuit
In post 266, Roden wrote: Btw why are we considering anyone other than Furtive if he was one of your top scum reads? Or were you just distancing from your partner?
You never answered this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Roden »

@Furtive:
What do you think of Whiskey wanting you dead and claiming that you're a top scum read, then changing his mind when I claimed Cop? What do you think of him wanting to vote 72 with you even though he thinks you're scum?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.11
Ducks can make a range of noises, not just quack! They also whistle, coo, scaup, grunt, and yodel.

furtiveglance (2): 72offsuit, Roden
hutmeil (1): Tidus of the X

Not Voting (6): Malakittens, hutmeil, Greeting, furtiveglance, Alianna, whiskey delta

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach an elimination.

Day one will end in (expired on 2022-06-04 10:00:00)

Mod notes:
  • quack.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 256, whiskey delta wrote:
@FG
can you go into more detail on your ?

How do you and Alianna read each other generally?

Same question to
@Alianna
as well.
Alianna is never obvtown (for me at least). I often wrongly read them.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 294, Roden wrote:Maybe I'm just a bad player who can't do anything right, but to me it looks like Furtive and Whiskey were hedging their bets on my elimination, and now that they can't have it they want to vote out a low poster slot that won't fight back and nobody wants to defend.
I townread pretty much every other active player. It's just poe.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 303, Roden wrote:
@Furtive:
What do you think of Whiskey wanting you dead and claiming that you're a top scum read, then changing his mind when I claimed Cop? What do you think of him wanting to vote 72 with you even though he thinks you're scum?
It's weird, and I never understood why I was a scumread in the first place; that is to say that I disagreed with his scumcase on me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 307, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 303, Roden wrote:
@Furtive:
It's weird, and I never understood why I was a scumread in the first place; that is to say that I disagreed with his scumcase on me.
That's it? You have no other thoughts?

Whiskey made it clear we were his two top scum reads. If he can't vote me out, it just leaves you. Yet he wants 72. You don't see any red flags there?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I said, it's weird. By weird I mean scummy.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I wish I had more to say, this is quite an important period in the game. I have a few points:

1) Roden, I can understand being forced to claim as Cop Day 1 is frustrating, and I too have scumread people for pushing me before (it's only natural and sometimes scum push town). However, your entire view of the game right now seems to be dominated by pushing the people who pushed you (me and whiskey delta). This isn't good for the game.

2) Regardless of reads at this point, the day 1 elimination should move us forward. If we can offload someone who isn't contributing as much, it makes for a healthier gamestate. I've never advocated for this kind of Darwinian thinking in a game before, but Tidus/72 just aren't providing as much as others.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 310, furtiveglance wrote:I wish I had more to say, this is quite an important period in the game. I have a few points:

1) Roden, I can understand being forced to claim as Cop Day 1 is frustrating, and I too have scumread people for pushing me before (it's only natural and sometimes scum push town). However, your entire view of the game right now seems to be dominated by pushing the people who pushed you (me and whiskey delta). This isn't good for the game.

2) Regardless of reads at this point, the day 1 elimination should move us forward. If we can offload someone who isn't contributing as much, it makes for a healthier gamestate. I've never advocated for this kind of Darwinian thinking in a game before, but Tidus/72 just aren't providing as much as others.
1) I recall pushing and voting you before you did me. I've absolutely pushed others as well, but it got shut down. Please don't try to rewrite history here.

2) Pushing scum > pushing low posters. Your flip will reveal more about the game state then flipping Tidus/72, who people don't have much of an opinion on.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 309, furtiveglance wrote:I said, it's weird. By weird I mean scummy.
Go on.

You seem to have much more to say about me, a conftown, instead of someone who isn't conftown and who you admit is scummy.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:24 pm

Post by Roden »

Actually, why are you worried about voting off a low poster now? I was posting plenty enough, but you preferred to vote me instead. You only seem to care about voting low posters when it suits your agenda.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I think I've been consistent - you were my only real scumread.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

What do you think my flip will reveal?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 314, furtiveglance wrote:I think I've been consistent - you were my only real scumread.
We all already know this is a lie.
In post 195, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 176, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 165, furtiveglance wrote:I have early townreads on Alianna, Greeting, hutmeil, whiskey delta, 72offsuit. Is that too many townreads?
Can u elaborate on these reads, even if it's just one line each?
It's probably time for me to do the old 'readslist'.

Greeting
: My biggest townread (congrats!). Something about the tone, it's wary, and guarded, but it in a towny way. As if they're constantly on the lookout for mafia.

Malakittens
: Seems town to me, is a good response with some interesting thoughts. Thanks for calling me a strong player, I'm gonna be very remorseful when you die!

hutmeil
: I kind of get newbtown vibes, as had been said by others. I'm enjoying the notes, long may they continue.

whiskey delta
: So far their reads are Alianna/72offsuit/Greeting town, and voting Roden. I understand why, and I think whiskey delta is town for now.

Alianna
: I don't think Alianna warrants a townread yet. I give townreads for analysis, not being bored by a slow game or talking mechanics.

72offsuit
: Hasn't said much, in the null range for me. I'm aware others townread them.

Tidus of the X
: Hasn't said that much, seems pretty low-key. I'd love to hear more thoughts, any posts that take his eye, or players he susses.

Roden
: Seems to be the consensus scumread early on, and I actually want to put the boot in even more (!). Roden is always banging on about what scum would do, what he's done as scum, his own scum 'meta' etc... what he said about hutmeil was suspicious in the extreme. It was just the constant 'regardless of hutmeil's alignment'.....I don't think speculation is as useful as direct opinion.

Any thoughts appreciated.
In post 315, furtiveglance wrote:What do you think my flip will reveal?
Your alignment.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Roden »

Furtive, if you're town then feel free to engage with your scum reads. 72 and Whiskey are both around.
whiskey delta
whiskey delta
He
Goon
whiskey delta
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by whiskey delta »

In post 301, Roden wrote:

UNVOTE:

Last post of the night

72 was a Hail Mary low poster elim vote - I’ll call it what it is. Timing aside the last two posts they made make me want to see what else they have to say. We are in this spot largely because of consensus so maybe more against the grain reads are warranted.

For FG I think part of it is that they aren’t scum reading me tbh but also because I was so wrong about you I am doubting my scum (and town) reads more generally.

Looking at the wagons at the time of your claim is what is really making me reconsider. My reads can suck but was everyone else just as bad? Counting myself that started your wagon there’s 5 to consider immediately.

Roden - (whiskey) hutmeil, Greeting, FG, Alianna
FG - 72, Roden, whiskey

FG still an option but one I’m way less confident about. I need to review everyone on the wagon again but 6/6 Town is not likely.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I wasn't lying - you were my only scumread. 72offsuit/Tidus are down the list due to poe, but they were basically null/scum.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 318, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 301, Roden wrote:

UNVOTE:

Last post of the night

72 was a Hail Mary low poster elim vote - I’ll call it what it is. Timing aside the last two posts they made make me want to see what else they have to say. We are in this spot largely because of consensus so maybe more against the grain reads are warranted.

For FG I think part of it is that they aren’t scum reading me tbh but also because I was so wrong about you I am doubting my scum (and town) reads more generally.

Looking at the wagons at the time of your claim is what is really making me reconsider. My reads can suck but was everyone else just as bad? Counting myself that started your wagon there’s 5 to consider immediately.

Roden - (whiskey) hutmeil, Greeting, FG, Alianna
FG - 72, Roden, whiskey

FG still an option but one I’m way less confident about. I need to review everyone on the wagon again but 6/6 Town is not likely.
Why would being wrong about me make you doubt your other top scum read? Are you saying that if you had successfully voted me our Furtive out, and once of us flipped town, then you'd think the other was town?

And you're right, 6/6 town being wrong isn't likely. the odds of town being wrong are extremely low, in fact. That's because there weren't 6/6 townies voting me or suspecting me. There were only 4.

You just seem to be admitting here that you don't want to vote out your scum reads and prefer to just push out a low poster who isn't defending themself.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:44 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 319, furtiveglance wrote:I wasn't lying - you were my only scumread. 72offsuit/Tidus are down the list due to poe, but they were basically null/scum.
So if they're null/scum, why do you not want to vote Whiskey, who you just admitted is scummy? Why vote out a low poster you don't actually scum read instead of player you do think is scummy?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 318, whiskey delta wrote:For FG I think part of it is that they aren’t scum reading me tbh but also
because I was so wrong about you
I am doubting my scum (and town) reads more generally.

Looking at the wagons at the time of your claim is what is really making me reconsider.
Wait.

Is this TMI?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 298, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 185, Roden wrote:
In post 170, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 167, Roden wrote:
In post 129, whiskey delta wrote:
In post 126, Roden wrote:I think it's safe to assume that giving scum info about town PRs was considered anti-town play even a decade ago.
Is this the part where you double down on your pressure vote and turn it into a scum case?

I’d be curious to your thoughts on the reasons hutmeil is being TR by others and where you stand on that
I'll have further things to say on Hutmeil when they respond and offer more content.

Hutmeil is getting town read because no one really wants to rock the boat in newbie games. It's easier to defend someone than attack them, it typically gets you town read and lessens attention on yourself compared to those who go on the offensive. People are going to criticize Hut's play but hesitate to vote there, since they're giving off the appearance of a clueless townie.

Regardless of Hutmeil's alignment, scum won't be pushing there and will almost certainly white knight the slot. If Hut is scum, their play is just there to obfuscate the game state and make it a slog to solve people. If they're town, they will get white knight'd extra hard, and scum will let them lead the charge on OMGUS counter wagons so that Hut will take the heat every time town gets flipped.
This is an interesting point. My initial response is that you earlier scumread Hutmeil and backed it up, but now seem to be acknowledging that they're townread. Do you now think they're town, or am I wrongly inferring that?

You say regardless of Hutmeil's alignment, but scum can only 'white knight' a town player, surely?
I don't think that they're town, I just understand why they're getting town read. No matter Hutmeil's actual alignment, I think the reason they're getting town read is a poor reason, since it comes from self-preservation rather than any attempts to actually analyze the player.

Also, scum can white knight each other, because unless the town knows who the exact scum team is, no one can tell the difference between white knighting and defending a partner.
Lunchtime post, only up to 185 sry peeps, will read further tonight, probs in about 6-8 hours
In post 250, Roden wrote:I'm a Cop.

Now kill Furtive.
72 didn't see my Cop claim yet lmao
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 321, Roden wrote:
In post 319, furtiveglance wrote:I wasn't lying - you were my only scumread. 72offsuit/Tidus are down the list due to poe, but they were basically null/scum.
So if they're null/scum, why do you not want to vote Whiskey, who you just admitted is scummy? Why vote out a low poster you don't actually scum read instead of player you do think is scummy?
Whiskey delta is a complex read for me. I'd like to keep them in for a bit.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”