He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 152, Bellaphant wrote:nathaan
In post 172, Bellaphant wrote:naarhan
I find it funny how my name is getting spelled progressively worse as the game goes on.

Also, I do want to throw potatoes at Enchant now. Cult doesn't care about your persuasive skills if you're a Governor.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Enchant »

I am dead weight for 3 days and dead weight from 5 day and later.

I literally never worth it just because of role lol.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Enchant »

Either way, you can throw potatos, but done and can't be undone. Also i don't care, i have bodyguards to catch potatos.

Let's just say i think it will pay off.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I feel like this setup is designed to be quite information heavy as the days go on. So I don't mind an early Governor claim. People will now be saying "should Vengefuls claim?". I don't think that's the best play. Reason number 1) We'll probably get more than 2 claims, and then it's "should we vote inside these today?" and that kinda derails the game in cult's favour. Reason number 2) In this setup, Vengeful townies are surely an asset IF they get voted. So I don't think it's that smart to never vote Vengeful claims. With voting, the informed minority can influence the kill - whereas a Vengekill is just one person's decision (which might be more accurate).
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Enchant »

Vengeful is not asset. Whole premise of this role is reduce swing from town failing at killing mafia.

We never make this mistake if we know Vengeful in first place. They basically never miselimmed.

If Cult decided to reveal self just to CC vengefuls, well, okay? We will know that there's cult in Vengeful claims. Way better than having random murderhobos suddenly reveal self as Vengefuls.

... You think cult will not simple claim Vengefuls at E-1, just to protect self? Foolish. It's better to solve this now.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Enchant »

Just in a case, i love guns. Really love. But getting killed on purpose as Vengeful is antitown. We don't need Vengeful abilities to shot. WE NEED CONFIRMS.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Enchant »

... really i am dissapointed.

You all really considering that hiding PR, sole useful purpose is ability to shot IF they mislimmed.

Literally bonkers. If you want miselim Vengefuls so much, why not do it at Day 1 as well then they claim, hm?
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

Vote count 1.5

Korina (2)
: Titus, Korina
Jacket (2)
: Beat, BlueBloodedToffee
RH9 (2)
: Nathann, furtiveglance
BlueBloodedToffee (1)
: Jacket
Enchant (1)
: Cat.Jpeg

Not voting (3)
: Enchant, RH9, Bellaphant

With 11 alive it takes 6 to eliminate

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-06-27 05:04:00)
Last edited by GoldfishFromTheMoon on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
Beat
Beat
She/her
Goon
Beat
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Beat »

I think BBT is town lightly but I don't think their argument is correct. It just feels like they misinterpreted the situation.
I don't think the push was from a scum intention.

I did have some stuff to say about Enchant but its a moot point now anyway.

Way too early solve: CL is in Titus, Bellaphant, furtiveglance
Has your voice been truly locked away?
Trapped in all these worn out tapes we've made?

- MegAzumarill Alt
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 181, Enchant wrote:... really i am dissapointed.

You all really considering that hiding PR, sole useful purpose is ability to shot IF they mislimmed.

Literally bonkers. If you want miselim Vengefuls so much, why not do it at Day 1 as well then they claim, hm?
Well.
Could you remind me when to watch out for Vengeful claims?
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Beat
Beat
She/her
Goon
Beat
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Beat »

Vengefuls should claim today to reduce the lim pool, although we dont need the claim yet. The claims become useless after a prime dies.

- MegAzumarill Alt
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:23 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 185, Beat wrote:Vengefuls should claim today to reduce the lim pool, although we dont need the claim yet. The claims become useless after a prime dies.
Got that.
By the way, I might be repeating things but do you think that Vengefuls should target their own SRs or a consensus SR?

v/la every weekend

Beat
Beat
She/her
Goon
Beat
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Beat »

Theres nothing stopping their own judgement. Cult will be influential if it is decided by majority but rhen again commonly scumread players will likely die amyway.
Theres value in both but I think the best course of action currently is just to not lim vengefuls as sinple as it is.

- MegAzumarill Alt
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

@furtive, did you miss this? -
Also, this stood out - where did you get the idea that Enchant was widely town read?

@beat, can you explain your reads a bit?

@nathann, sorry! It's not personal
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 187, Beat wrote:Theres nothing stopping their own judgement. Cult will be influential if it is decided by majority but rhen again commonly scumread players will likely die amyway.
Theres value in both but I think the best course of action currently is just to not lim vengefuls as sinple as it is.
OK.
Sounds like a good plan.

v/la every weekend

Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:58 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 188, Bellaphant wrote:@nathann, sorry! It's not personal
Hah, don't worry about it. As I said, I just thought it was funny.
In post 170, RH9 wrote:
In post 167, Nathann wrote: This is, what, saying that you've never seen Scum attempt to actively lurk by putting out posts that seem like content but don't actually go anywhere? That is the entirety of my Scumread on RH9, how come you didn't attack me over it?
Good catch.
Do you think that BBT should be Venged?
Why did you say Venged specifically?

Also, what are your reads looking like right now?
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 162, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm saying you seem to think Enchant is town because she is 'game solving'.
Again, outright lie. I never at any point used the words "game solving" in regard to Enchant.
I'm saying someone has suggested a completely opposite theory (meaning that Enchant's proposed theory *could* be scum motivated) but you haven't considered this apparently.
N, I have considered it, I just don't agree with that idea. I think Enchant is saying things out of town motivation, as I've already stated, which you keep trying to twist against me.
Explain the Korina read?
This is more or less repeating what Nathann said, but I really don't see the cult leader coming into the game with such an abrasive entrance
I thought your vote was pretty simple, too. It said you voted for someone who was wrapped up in game mechanics. But it turns out it wasn't for that but because their game theory posts are null? Which are two different reasons and so now I'm confused.
Am I supposed to have complicated, nuanced reasons for a vote a few pages into Day 1? I'll take simple over manufactured bullshit.

Also, I never said I thought their game theory posts are null, other people did, you're literally putting words in my mouth now.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 191, Jacket wrote:This is more or less repeating what Nathann said, but I really don't see the cult leader coming into the game with such an abrasive entrance. I think it's drawing too much negative attention to themselves and seems like they're basically trying to get voted, which makes me think prime cultist or trolling vengeful.
EBWOP.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:59 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 164, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Moving goalposts for reasoning on a vote isn't alignment indicative for you? Alright, noted.
Yes, right, I'm the one moving goalposts and not you, the person who literally keeps making shit up about what I've said.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 171, Titus wrote:
In post 145, Jacket wrote:I don't have a read on him.
Defending people without a read on them is annoying.
I can not have a read on someone and still question the reasons they're being scumread.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:45 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 172, Bellaphant wrote:Bbt, I tried this tack of discussion with enchant and didn't get massively far either. I found them vaguely scummy for it this morning but think I was possibly just getting frustrated.

P-edit I'm not voting for cat, furtives, I said she seemed town! Nathaan is...fine and I can see their scum read on rh9. I can't work out what to think about korina but think naarhan might be right in that too, which is why this bbt thing is so odd to me.

Also, this stood out - where did you get the idea that Enchant was widely town read?
Okay, so who do you feel like voting for?
Cat.Jpeg
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Cat.Jpeg
They/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/she

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Cat.Jpeg »

In post 113, Jacket wrote:VOTE: cat.jpeg

You seem a little too wrapped up in the mechanics discussion.
I just like talking about game mechanics and theoretical situations. I was town in this game and I have been town in all games on site so far.
Spoiler:
In post 541, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 535, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 514, furtiveglance wrote:Flea voting for Titus slightly dampens my townread there. I think Goldfish is the most town for me.

I would like to inform Goldfish.

VOTE: Goldfish
I'd generally agree here. There's a part of me that's slightly hesitant though because Goldfish was ultimately on a town wagon I thought was quite bad...but I get not everyone on said wagon is going to be scum and players do make mistakes. Will put my vote on Goldfish for now, but I am open to alternative ideas/suggestions if anyone has them. However, struggling to think of too many players I'm entirely confident on here to be informed.

VOTE: Goldfish
Guys lets not get hasty, the mafia probably have their NK on who they think will get informed and will be trying to get that person voted. So I reckon goldfish might be dying soon, other possibilities are malcolm and flea. I was originally going to sit back and watch anyone overly eager to get someone informed but if I wait for everyone to give their opinion goldfish will probably be voted by then. I would rather we vote furtive but ive been considering the possibility that the scumread on titus then the turnaround might have been orchestrated for town cred but avoid being acused of TMI but i will need to read some stuff again to determine if that seems likely. We could also vote me :)

Also its kinda interesting that we got inform, i was not expecting that.
In post 544, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 539, furtiveglance wrote:true. town actually have some good abilities in this setup, I'm looking forward to Track and Watch if scum are taking requests :)
I personally want imprison, sure we dont get a definite answer but i think it would be more fun if we hit something, also slightly more likely. Also track will get much more op if only one mafia is left, so will imprison but less so (because if there are 2 scum and they know we are more sus of one they will make the other do the kill.) Watch will just be really good with less people alive (mafia will expect that we watch most townread player and so they wont kill them, wifom ensues)
In post 553, Cat.Jpeg wrote:true, but honestly if that happened i would be inclined to believe them, it would be slightly worse. Also I just thought of something, what if bulletproof is actually the most scummy-looking town and mafia are banking on them getting eliminated today, but if they dont get eliminated it will be especially useful to town because we dont just get confirmation of a town read we already had. more wifom
In post 556, Cat.Jpeg wrote:I thought inform would be really OP but in order from most impactful to least the mafia can: get the BP elimmed, get one of the mafia informed, NK the informed, get the informed elimmed (highly unlikely but possible), or get the BP to be informed so they just have a townread of themselves (which if one of the mafia were informed they would probably pretend this is what had happened or give a townread of their partner), to soften the blow to them.

UNVOTE: Enchant
Meow and also meow and also I'm cold
Also don't dwell
GTKAS
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 183, Beat wrote:I think BBT is town lightly but I don't think their argument is correct. It just feels like they misinterpreted the situation.
I don't think the push was from a scum intention.

I did have some stuff to say about Enchant but its a moot point now anyway.

Way too early solve: CL is in Titus, Bellaphant, furtiveglance
Why furtive?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@jacket, I think you and bbt is probably t v t, I thought enchant was getting townier before the claim, nathaan is probably town, and then I'm not sure.

In terms of content, Titus is lacking severely, but I kind of vibe with what Nathann was saying about rh9. I feel similarly about beat as well - they are posting but I forget them
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 174, Enchant wrote:And yes, i EXPECT Vengefuls to claim as well today.
Not yet but yes
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Open Games”