Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

if you think I'm playing differently then where is your vote you scrub? I also don't think I'm different.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 488, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi is well aware that I don't play the opening of games the same all the time. I take different approaches based on my mood and what I think will be interesting. It's just a contrived thought process to me.
i am aware, yes. but any deviation from the "norm" is interesting. not sure i get much of your responses, though. i'm not even sure if you think i'm scummy for it or not.

do you have any thoughts on other people's reasons to suspect me, currently?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 499, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB is your scamper vote serious
eh, I wouldn't say it was super serious. I liked GuiltyLion's approach and felt like applying minor pressure. But I would put scamper in the null pile if I'm being intellectually honest.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 526, Datisi wrote:do you have any thoughts on other people's reasons to suspect me, currently?
I don't think the pressure on you is terrible. Your multi-step plan to reaction test ari that you then abandoned seems a bit made up and if you did, I'd rather you just admit that than insist it was REAL DEAL SCUMHUNTING.

IDK if I think you're scum here or not, but I don't hate people pressuring you.

So was it legit or are you bullshitting us a little bit here?
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Datisi »

what, you mean my "reaction test" on ari? i feel like i have made myself quite clear what my thought process was there, what part is giving you trouble?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 505, fireisredsir wrote:why would it be post hoc if he explained it in the same post that he originally made the read in
IDK if I agree that's true. Yes, Datisi noted the baltar reasoning in the first ari town read, but it was only after HEM pressure that he explained this elaborate reactions testing play that was abandoned.
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 530, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 505, fireisredsir wrote:why would it be post hoc if he explained it in the same post that he originally made the read in
IDK if I agree that's true. Yes, Datisi noted the baltar reasoning in the first ari town read, but it was only after HEM pressure that he explained this elaborate reactions testing play that was abandoned.
In post 237, Datisi wrote:ari can maybe be town if she saw something that i also saw. ok no point in being vague when i didn't out too many reads, if she noticed that baltar not voting me is weird, then yeah +town
i literally wrote in that post what i was gonna "reaction test" her on...
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:if you think I'm playing differently then where is your vote you scrub? I also don't think I'm different.
awww

i was hoping you were mellowing out for some reason
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 266, Datisi wrote:
In post 260, humaneatingmonkey wrote:you had a card you can play and didn't
halfway through writing that post, i realized that ari has enough experience with both of us in the same game, she would've been able to fabricate the reasoning. but my gut still said it's slightly townie and i wanted to put it out there.
This. Reaction testing probably is the most accurate verbiage, but you are saying you planned to town points ari if she saw what you saw in me, but then didn't actually wait to see it, but then town pointed anyway for something you abandoned because you assumed ari would have picked up on it anyway.

It just feels like contrived reasoning to justify your post after HEM pushed on you.

Am I misunderstanding something here?
YOUR AD HERE

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 532, Aristeia wrote:
In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:if you think I'm playing differently then where is your vote you scrub? I also don't think I'm different.
awww

i was hoping you were mellowing out for some reason
never. Did you actually think I was playing differently or are you claiming this was a "reaction test"? If you did think I was playing differently why didn't you vote me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 519, fireisredsir wrote:unfortunately in my experience with vp you can't really go off whether it feels like he's engaging genuinely or if his thoughts are real thoughts that a real person would think
p. sure I'm being called a bot.

reported.
YOUR AD HERE

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 487, Gamma Emerald wrote:Towny: Ausuka, Relly, Marci, Ari

Scummy: HEM, skitter, scamper
Why is Ari town? Would love a townread there but can't decide yet personally
In post 505, fireisredsir wrote:
Datisi, VP Baltar, & Ydrasse wrote:~snip~
why would it be post hoc if he explained it in the same post that he originally made the read in

every post after that hasn't been adding new info it's just reiterating the same point that was in the original post
Wait really? Feels false but I can't really remember. Going down the rabbit hole...
Spoiler: rabbit hole
In post 237, Datisi wrote:ari can maybe be town if she saw something that i also saw. ok no point in being vague when i didn't out too many reads, if she noticed that baltar not voting me is weird, then yeah +town
In post 251, Datisi wrote:
In post 247, humaneatingmonkey wrote:dats, why didn't you withhold your ari read before she can explain what her baltar read was so you can read her better
well for one, she can still explain it. for two, i think scum-her is capable of faking that read. so i don't think it's too alignment-indicative either way.
In post 279, Datisi wrote:
In post 273, Aristeia wrote:did you roll scum again my dear? <3
first of all, no

do you think it's likely i rand scum and then enter townreading you for no reason, after knowing you gave me a lot of shit for that when i was scum?
In post 308, Datisi wrote:- i had a gut townread on ari for noticing something is up with baltar
- that's good, but i don't know EXACTLY what she saw. if she saw what i did, then that's even better townpings.
- write out the first part of the post
- realize that (1) scum!ari could probably deduce what i was looking for, based on what i said and what she said in thread so far; (2) even if she couldn't, scum!ari could probably fake her reasoning on baltar ANYWAY because she has seen us in games together way too many times
- realize that there is no opportunity to actually get the stronger townread on aristeia
- decide that the weaker, gut townread is still worth mentioning as a starting point and as a way to get the game going forward

... I guess it's mostly true that he was just reiterating. My first read through I found his compulsion to repeatedly explain himself scummy, but maybe it was a necessity because of how much he was being interrogated on the same point. I still find it scummy how stressed he seemed (his protests that he was nought but "bored" notwithstanding)
In post 514, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 446, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 435, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 371, Irrelephant11 wrote:firebringer and xofelf trading compliments on page 9 maybe not s/s?
Kind of like this thought. Can you tell me more why you think that's unlikely from them specifically?
Feels unlikely anyone would fake it as scum theater, and also if they shared a scum thread I kind of think that's where they would have done this "oh hey it's you, nice!"

I guess there's a small chance they re-enacted their scum thread convo in the main thread, but overall it just feels natural. And I doubt as scum they would plan this type of casual reconnection as their way of appearing unaligned
Oh so it's more general and not about then specifically?
Right. Why?
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

are u a bot though?

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 515, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 458, Aristeia wrote:Ausuka is an angel, I am not sure VPB is worthy tbh
I am garbage for sure.

For instance, I said I would work, but I am not
ugh relatable
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Aristeia »

i think you are playing differently

this isnt a reaction test

didnt feel like voting you
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 533, VP Baltar wrote:This. Reaction testing probably is the most accurate verbiage, but you are saying you planned to
EXTRA
town points ari if she saw what you saw in me, but then didn't actually wait to see it, but then town pointed anyway for something you abandoned because you assumed ari would have picked up on it anyway.
edited an important word in there that you seem to be missing.

my gut said ari is towny, that part wasn't going to change. at first, i thought her seeing exactly what i saw was going to be *extra* towny. then i changed my mind on that, but kept on my initial gutread anyway.

if your question is "why did you keep on the initial gutread anyway then", because my brain already registered it as slightly +town so why the fuck not.
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 521, Nero Cain wrote:What do you know of my range? As far as I'm aware we've only played once and I was town there. So if you've only seen me play town how can you question Ausuka's town read on the basis of range when you don't know what it is? If you think I am playing differently than our game together why not say that?
I don't think you're playing differently than that other game though is what I'm saying.

I don't think you've done much of anything yet...which isn't that unusual for anyone at this point in a large. Hence why I found the town read weird.
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Aristeia »

dats im ready to be reaction tested!! <3
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 517, Ausuka wrote:I guess I could see why someone might like, have the thought and press me on the read. But I just don't feel like he's engaging with me genuinely here about this?
I feel the same, though I'm wishy washy on if it makes VPB scum or not
In post 520, Ausuka wrote:
In post 483, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 480, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ausuka
oh there he goes

making the first move
In post 484, humaneatingmonkey wrote:wow they tied the knot
HEM I still don't really understand what these posts are meant to say am I just being stupid or
Pretty sure those are just continued jokes about you and vpb having (implied romantic) tension
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

@scamper do you think my hot take on guiltylion is hot garbage? If so @ me I'm, ready to argue over GL's 8 posts, I've got lots of work I need to procrastinate
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 539, Aristeia wrote:i think you are playing differently

this isnt a reaction test

didnt feel like voting you
kinda weak

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 535, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 519, fireisredsir wrote:unfortunately in my experience with vp you can't really go off whether it feels like he's engaging genuinely or if his thoughts are real thoughts that a real person would think
p. sure I'm being called a bot.

reported.
all i hear is "beep boop must find nitpicky reason to have obligatory argument with datisi in early game beep boop"
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

What can you go off of?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 542, Aristeia wrote:dats im ready to be reaction tested!! <3
this made me laugh

also i get the slight feeling you did not watch the video i linked >.>
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 536, Irrelephant11 wrote:Right. Why?
I kind of liked it more as a read if it applied specifically to them.

Scum being friendly in thread doesn't seem that AI to me, but to each their own I guess.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”