Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Looking at frogster now because I have 10 more mins.

In post 1696, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1684, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1661, Frogsterking wrote:I'm guessing it's TvT
:yawn:

wasn't really my point. Like I personally think that both of them are a bit scummy but they are defending your scumread and you think they are town for it?
I think they look like they're picking a fight with you for no good reason and that's something I attribute to Town.
lol, why would I be picking a fight with nero for no reason? feels a bit like you're pocketing nero a touch here.

Or maybe nero is trying to pocket you here. he seems to be asking you a lot of friendly questions that don't seem to go anywhere substantive.
In post 1758, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1742, ConManMick wrote:What's cagey about it?
All of your reads I quoted within I would define as cagey. If you would like to expand on them and make them non-cagey then I think that's fair.
I can agree with this a bit, so good line of pointed attack from frogster.
In post 1820, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1811, scamper wrote:
In post 1794, Frogsterking wrote:Fair enough, do you have any thoughts on xo?
i had leaned them town when they had like 6 posts just on vibes, they made a post that was very waffly but it felt authentic in an indecisive townie way for someone who doesnt play mafia games that often and isnt used to the high volume. it kind of feels like they are operating at their own pace doing their own thing.

i get what ur saying about the iso posting feeling potentially performative, there was one post they had where i kind of worried it mite b writing words for the sake of writing words, but it was a minor ping and i otherwise havent been concerned. i may be biased just because they seem pleasant and its easy to townread people for being pleasant, but i think they are fine for now.
It appears to me as though there are legitimate reasons to be suspicious of the xoxelf slot, especially compared to Gamma and Conman, VOTE: xoxelf
Can I get you to bullet point this case agianst xo for me? I saw they posted a bunch more maybe, so I need to read that. curious what you're seeing there.
In post 1851, Frogsterking wrote:@Nero @marci

On principle I sheep Townhunters unless I think they're scum or biased. Via scamper I can TR Gamma and Ydrasse by proxy. Via Ydrasse (who I'm guessing is a Townhunter)
I can TR xoxelf by proxy I think.
like 5 posts later. Froggy contains multitudes. Serious read though is that is maybe less likely for scum to say so quickly potentially.
In post 1877, Frogsterking wrote:Also why do VP and Dannflor communicate with each other like aliens here?
I'm a bot. This is cannon.
In post 1954, Frogsterking wrote:I'll reassess if more than one of Ari, Dease, xoxelf, or Nero show up with Baltar, dann or conman in their town bin.
I'm semi-confused on how you go from scumreading xoelf, to town reading them by proxiy (which maybe I can believe...you're weird sometimes), to seemingly taking xo's reads as a factor into your own reads. I find that last step less believable.

-frogster binning me with the new folks is very weird. Curious where your thinking is there Frogster. If you're scum reading me, why?

-Ok, I didn't quite get through all of frog's ISO, but I have to dip. I have my phone on me and will try to check back a little bit if I can.

Overall assessment of Frog's slot is maybe town lean. Think some of the stuff he's on feels like tangents, which is normal. The xoelf read makes no fucking sense though.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hey vp. could you do gamma and the irrelevant elephant pls?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2146, GuiltyLion wrote:further, what is this thought doing in the middle of a read (& vote) on conman anyway? like do you think I'm scum making up a bad reason to suspect/bus my buddy?
I was reading his ISO, and I had to click back to see what he was responding to. Then I saw your post.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2151, Nero Cain wrote:hey vp. could you do gamma and the irrelevant elephant pls?
I can't right now, but I will try to get to them next time I have some time at a computer to play mafia. Elephant has been on my list before all the replacements, but they felt more urgent because of the wagons.
YOUR AD HERE

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2149, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2146, GuiltyLion wrote:why did you call this post an "attack"?
Because it read like you shading him over something very pedantic. If that wasn't your goal, I have no idea why you even posted it.
meh, I disagree that it's pedantic, but w/e
In post 2152, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2146, GuiltyLion wrote:further, what is this thought doing in the middle of a read (& vote) on conman anyway? like do you think I'm scum making up a bad reason to suspect/bus my buddy?
I was reading his ISO, and I had to click back to see what he was responding to. Then I saw your post.
this though, keep going. You're voting and presumably scumreading conman. You also say you don't like me shading him. So, to ask again - are you saying you think I'm just awkwardly distancing a buddy there? It's not clear to me how your read on me relates to your read on conman
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm not super feeling either the conman or dann wagons.

VOTE: guiltylion

I'd rather lim GL. There is just something very argumentative about him this game that bugs me. Felt like his whole interaction with me earlier game was weird, and I've seen a few comments when I've been skimming that feel more like shade than scumhunting. He's just got a whole "path of least resistance" vibe.

ADD IT TO MY ISOCATCHUP list.

pedit- well there you go, now you got something else to upset about. bye bye.
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Aristeia »

every time I read a GuiltyLion - VPBaltar conversation I think it's like Batman fighting the Joker.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Datisi »

looking forward to vpb isoing gl i guess?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2137, Gamma Emerald wrote:Trust: scamper, Ausuka, Aristeia, xofelf, ydrasse, fireisredsir, marcistar
Middle ground: DeasVail, Firebringer,
Nero Cain
, VP Baltar, Dannflor, GuiltyLion, Irrelephant11
Distrust: ConManMick, Datisi, humaneatingmonkey, Frogsterking, obscure
ftr I think your word choice of trust/middle ground/distrust over the traditional tow/null/scum is a little odd but

In post 2114, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’ve actually been townreading you so far but this is souring that rapidly
Why were you tow reading me before and why did I only fall to middle ground and not distrust?

Why did you not join the con wagon?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

only 113 pages to go!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2156, Aristeia wrote:every time I read a GuiltyLion - VPBaltar conversation I think it's like Batman fighting the Joker.
dibs on joker.

Batman is a capitalist pig.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think you needed to call dibs
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2157, Datisi wrote:looking forward to vpb isoing gl i guess?
what's your reason for voting dannflor tho? I don't get how that ISO is the best case made in the game.
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Datisi »

it's a tossup between dann and conman for me currently and idk. i like wagons

my readslist is on pg 78 if you're interested. i have a townlean on gl currently so i do wanna see that
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2155, VP Baltar wrote:I'd rather lim GL. There is just something very argumentative about him this game that bugs me. Felt like his whole interaction with me earlier game was weird, and I've seen a few comments when I've been skimming that feel more like shade than scumhunting. He's just got a whole "path of least resistance" vibe.
sorry for just continuing to be obtuse and pedantic I suppose, but I don't get how you can accuse me of both being argumentative and also "path of least resistance"

I also can't help but feel this is a convenient excuse to jump off of conman
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Datisi »

guilty why am i not locktown yet
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Aristeia »

if vpb doesn't start responding to guiltylion with joker gifs then I will be disappointed
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Datisi »

we live in a society
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2165, Datisi wrote:guilty why am i not locktown yet
have you tried rolling town :)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Datisi »

no
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

<3
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2165, Datisi wrote:guilty why am i not locktown yet
would it be wise for me to locktown you on D1 without any flips? you're passing up a good opportunity to foster Datisi paranoia here
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Aristeia »

I miss being able to locktown Datisi on the first page of the game.

Why did he get so good at being bad.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:46 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmm upon a little bit more reflection I think I might rescind my "VPB hopping off conman" wagon point

I think conman red flip actually sorta looks good for VPB here? namely in that I don't think he went into this latest conversation intending to vote me until I started questioning him

it's reactive but doesn't feel agenda-driven in a time where I would expect scum!VPB with scum!conman and/or scum!Dann to be playing to an agenda, like I think if his goal was to try to push me as a CW he would be more likely to just start with that instead of using my most recent posts as an excuse
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2164, GuiltyLion wrote:sorry for just continuing to be obtuse and pedantic I suppose, but I don't get how you can accuse me of both being argumentative and also "path of least resistance"

it is indeed pedantic. Arguing is the easiest thing in the world if it has no point and you're not trying to find out people's alignments.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”