Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3550 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3547, marcistar wrote:who should i iso
me
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3551 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

hey

is datisi town

who should i vote
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3552 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

datisi is town

why did you unvote me earlier
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3553 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3547, marcistar wrote:lions who do i scumread

who should i iso

zzz
I don't get why you have Smart as town

you've been scum with him before, do you see any differences in his play here from HDP
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3554 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3551, humaneatingmonkey wrote:hey

is datisi town

who should i vote
yes

SS or shea, maybe? or suggest an alternative
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3555 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm

prod dodge
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3556 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3452, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3450, marcistar wrote:
In post 3427, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3426, marcistar wrote:fire is scum clearly
why
go on
@marci
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3557 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:06 pm

i can vote you back if you want
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3558 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Datisi »

i feel like you should answer the q instead of being snarky
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3559 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:07 pm

it literally is a prod dodge
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3560 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I like from GL but I don't like Gamma being so high. Sorta think xo is town but a vig or a policy lim might be ok there b/c I don't really want someone thats barely playing and won't even vote to be around in critical times like end game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3561 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 3556, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3452, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3450, marcistar wrote:
In post 3427, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3426, marcistar wrote:fire is scum clearly
why
go on
@marci
buddy scamper zzz
ez smart vote zz
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3562 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:09 pm

can i get a rundown of what's happening i dont wanna read
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3563 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Datisi »

ah, that was actually an answer, okay whatever

fwiw i don't think xof has entered policy territory yet, they said they're a bit busy for a day or two, and from what i remember from tm2021, they do pick it up in later game
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3564 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

we are mass claiming go!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3565 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

would have been better if dats didn't get in my way.

DAMN YOU DATSI!

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

anytime bb
~M
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 3553, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3547, marcistar wrote:lions who do i scumread

who should i iso

zzz
I don't get why you have Smart as town

you've been scum with him before, do you see any differences in his play here from HDP
i dont remember sorry
i think smsrts easier to read as game goes on though!!

for why i said smarts town
im mostly just bsing most of my posts and saying things i think of asi think of them. a post smart made i liked.
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I'm rereading VPB's ISO for skitter/obscure comments and I don't see anything that makes me think unaligned

in fact it would be quite convenient (and funny) if all of FB/skitter/VPB were scum doing some good ole scum theater when FB voted skitter for a joke and VPB uses it to distance with both FB and skitter over it. like this:
In post 1040, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1038, skitter30 wrote:@vpb again i dont really know if his vote on me is indicative of 'lack of viewpoint/conviction'
(Or at least, is unusual or scum-indicative for him ...)
It's more than the vote on you. That was just an example. There doesn't seem to be much conviction from FB on anything.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3569 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 3402, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm also not sure I agree with your take that VPB/FB come off unaligned from VPB pushing FB given that VPB eventually evolved away from pushing that, coinciding with me pushing FB a lot of D1
i think this is still the biggest obstacle i have wrt voting s_s... can you elaborate what you mean by "coinciding" with you pushing fb and how that makes them more likely aligned?
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3570 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I am somehow feeling hammered after a single beer so lmk later if you have something you’d like for me to look at
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3571 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

must not drink often

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3572 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That is true but I think what might have happened is I paced myself poorly
I started with small sips then ended up downing the last third of the bottle in one go
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3573 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3569, Datisi wrote:i think this is still the biggest obstacle i have wrt voting s_s... can you elaborate what you mean by "coinciding" with you pushing fb and how that makes them more likely aligned?
I don't feel VPB's push on FB eclipsed range of usual scum distancing, because I don't think it ever turned into Intent to Kill in a way that makes me think miselim. his vote on FB was understated, as Ausuka pointed out, but why go hard on dunking your buddy and putting him in more danger if the goal is to attempt to distance? Like his case on FB amounts to these posts, none of which I think are likely to actually build significant Momentum on FB:

Spoiler: VPB pushing FB
In post 733, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 721, Datisi wrote:kinda interested in what @baltar saw there, though
Kind of started when FB said I was being laid back or whatever, which I thought was weird and then never followed up on.

The saying you're off for interacting when they asked for interacting, followed by the skitter vote...

It all kind of adds up to like poking at things without conviction of a viewpoint to me. I could see skitter vote as a joke, but still don't feel like FB is pushing in a direction.
In post 1008, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 967, Firebringer wrote:im kind of surprised i get more heat for voting skitter than claiming scum a dozen or so times.
I am gonna have to write this down for future reference.
Why are you seemingly not following up on any of the pushes you made?
In post 1054, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1049, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1046, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1041, Aristeia wrote:what should he have conviction on atp?
Anything? We are 42 pages in here. Time to start moving the game in a semi serious direction.
is there anything specific you expected to see from Town!FB that you're not seeing or is this just a generalized "he has no takes" thing?
I didn't say FB has no takes, though they are few and far between. It's more of the fact their takes don't go anywhere. I don't have a strong FB meta, but I don't take anyone this game as a complete slouch.

I get the working a lot thing. I have put in 8 hours Sunday, 14 Monday, and 12 yesterday at work. It sucks and makes it hard to stay up on everything in a mafia game or pursue threads as deeply as you may like. That being said, I do still think it's possible to semi-read along and have some kind of viewpoint.

You think this is typical town!FB behavior?
this is actually encouraging town!Ari to go into reasons why FB isn't scummy

That said, I do see that he encouraged people to vote FB a few times:
In post 892, VP Baltar wrote:GL, you wanna vote FB?
while I don't want to say this is never scum pushing town, I kind of feel this may have been a trap - if I was awkward or seemingly resistant to a vote, that's juicy material to paint me as a FB buddy later should FB flip red
In post 1039, VP Baltar wrote:Grant the birthday ydra's wish and vote FB
this was directed at skitter (I think... someone correct me if I'm wrong), which again, looks better for FB if skitter is town but now that I'm on this scum!obscure kick, would be totally easy and safe to say to a partner
In post 1169, VP Baltar wrote:FB, what do you think of ari's meta defense of you?
how does this post help push FB? Like it's easy for me to imagine this as "do some townie stuff in response to a townie defending you!". Also worth noting Ari didn't really "defend" FB and was resistant to being suggested that she did.

Then he starts the whole shtick around "why aren't you voting ME" in , , , . At this time I was voting Firebringer, his own scumread! And this was in response to me trying to get FB to elaborate on VPB, a slot FB had expressed suspicion of, a slot that was voting FB. If FB is a miselim he wants, why is he grilling me (town) over giving a reach out to FB when FB might misstep or do something I find suspicious, and why is he trying to vortex my vote onto himself? This is what I mean by coinciding with my pressure on FB - the more I indicated I actually really was seriously scumreading FB and not happy with his play in the game, the more VPB started scumreading me and shading me and discrediting me.

Come , the FB wagon has all but died in favor of Eiralox and never regained momentum again. And VPB doesn't push it or touch it again. So yeah, I don't see why this is town clearing for FB slot, and if anything I think a post like should add extra scrutiny to FB because I sorta doubt his only three expressed scumreads are all town. Also, the whole "Ari is meta defending FB" claim and angle stands out as well, something I had forgotten til I went back to reread and case this.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3574 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2324, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2034, GuiltyLion wrote:i'm not personally really townreading but a number of my townreads are and I'm currently ok with that: {dv, marci, xofelf}

would yeet: {dann, conman, firebringer, vpb}
This is an absolute trash reads list, imo. DV looks pretty town to me this game. Marci seems pretty townie, though she's opaque sometimes. xofelf is probably null to town lean for me. Dann and conman I've talked about already. FB did look scummy to me early on, so I can agree there. And I'm town.

So like, where's the beef in this reads list? Unless I'm so dead wrong on my reads at the start of this game, I have trouble seeing how people see this list from GL as credibly a good take from someone who has been HIGHLY engaged with the game so far.
There's also this. If I assume DV/marci/xofelf town, then this feels like he's using my mistaken suspicion on townies to buddy/pocket them in favor of discrediting me, and to make the rest of my scumreads look "bad" by association. CMM is town. if Dann/FB are town, why is this an "absolute trash reads list" when he could use it to push some miselims in those players?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”