Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 548, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 455, geraintm wrote:
In post 439, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 426, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 422, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 420, Salsabil Faria wrote:Conftown: Professor (as no cc yet)
He claimed a backup Doctor, I don't see a cc coming. It sounds to me like an easy thing to fake claim.
Yeah, possible.... I usually get cold feet to eliminate someone who claim any role, in D1 specially. On the other hand, scum won't keep a TPR alive, so their claim will be cleared in D2 eventually.
Not necessarily D2!! but if it's a fakeclaim it could be disproved in multiple ways down the line so we table it for now :)
agree with this. early claims by scum just get exposed, they get trapped in their lies or else scum will get rid of them
@geraintm
, do you have any read other than
Malcolm
atm?
Honestly, right now I am on my phone and so no. I would need to iso people to remember who said what.

The person who claimed back up doc I have as either scum or bad town, but that would be sorted later so I'm happy to leave that slot. The rest of you....I haven't been paying enough attention to votes to see who I really think has been acting poorly. But it is day 1 and so nothing means anything until we get information overnight
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 457, geraintm wrote:
In post 446, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 442, Crescent wrote:Also I just remembered the last time I saw someone voice suspicion of scum Gera day 1 they immediately got shot sooo....

Based on my experience with Gera, the way he has been loosely pushing on Malcolm for most of the day as the only vote on him feels like something that is more likely to come from his scum game. He's also voted the guy twice without even unvoting between those votes, which puts on full display just how long he's truly been at it. Heals hasn't contributed much outside of it.

This goes double if Galron or Wayward is scum, and it goes triple if Malcolm is town on top of that.

Scum Gera's favorite place is be is on a splinter vote that shows no signs of going anywhere, where he can nestle himself away and avoid the trains that actually matter. I called him out on this in 240 when I was zoning in on him, too.
In that case will you consider
geraintm
signaling the scumteam to nk you in as a traitor (if we consider we have a traitor in this 11 players game) or just signaling the scumteam as per wiki, scumteam don't know who is the traitor?

From wiki⇨
A Traitor is considered Normal on mafiascum.net, as long as it:

•is Mafia-aligned
•knows the identities of all of the Mafia team
•identity is not known by the Mafia team, although they should know a Traitor exists
•cannot be recruited to join the rest of the Mafia team, and (unless Bulletproof) is killed if shot
•is endgamed if all other Mafia are dead
•gives a "guilty" result to Cops, an "innocent" result to Gunsmiths, and a "Traitor" result to Role Cops
, because
you know i do this sort of thing semi regularly? any game i am in with not mafia i would want them solved as town night one too, because their continued existence for town in the game is just too problematic for town to deal with later?

as town, i would basically want myself to be checked out every single game for both selfish reasons and also because i know i can when town cause other town problems reading me.

after that i want people who if they stay in the game like not mafia to be sovled, because else you are just postponing when you do it.

after that, i would want players i would fear as storng potential scum to be solved.
Is this address to me? I'm not very familiar with your play style... only played 2 games with you before where you're town in both but scumread town!me in both.... so, I'm not very agreeable on your judgement + you're a hard player to read due to your unique play style.
NM
, players like you also should be sorted early.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 460, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 453, geraintm wrote:
In post 435, NJAC wrote:@geraintm I think your case on Malcolm is going nowhere, who else are you considering to vote?
does it matter if you dont think anyone else is going to join me?
It surely matters if you're going to sit on a wagon nobody else is interested in pursuing to make it look like a committed town read because as Crescent has suggested it's a way for scum to avoid having to make miseliminations. If your read on me was solid I'd at least understand it but your scumread is quite frankly not very good and I think it's right for other players to begin to wonder what angle you're pursuing it from if you have little interest in eliminating anyone else.
+1
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 464, Porkens wrote:
In post 417, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 408, Porkens wrote:I really think wayward is scum. Plz ISO and confirm.
Shouldn’t
you
do that? It's your read on them after-all.
Their ISO is my case.
Don’t be lazy.

I have another scumread I’ll keep in my pocket for now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You're kidding right? You should be the last person to call me
LAZY
! I'm on vacation but still posting & what are you doing?? Asking others to make a case for you on whom YOU scumread!!

I don’t know how this person town!

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:14 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 465, geraintm wrote:
In post 435, NJAC wrote:@geraintm I think your case on Malcolm is going nowhere, who else are you considering to vote?
It surely matters if you're going to sit on a wagon nobody else is interested in pursuing to make it look like a committed town read because as Crescent has suggested it's a way for scum to avoid having to make miseliminations. If your read on me was solid I'd at least understand it but your scumread is quite frankly not very good and I think it's right for other players to begin to wonder what angle you're pursuing it from if you have little interest in eliminating anyone else.
I'm not going to jump to a wagon unless I think they are more likely to be scum. Its day 1, I'm happy with no elimination
Wut?? Since when no elimination in D1 is good for town???

KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Yeah I should have mentioned that gera is weird, they don't give a damn about the game day 1 and basically become Not_Mafia until D2. That's why I'm hesitant to vote them.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 467, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 406, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 404, Shiidaji wrote:Okay. Who should we lim today then? Imagine you get two vig shots to play with again.
NJAC and Wayward.
I can get behind a Wayward vote, not NJAC. Looking at their ISOs in tandem, NJAC's 261 doesn't feel like a buddy interaction to me but obviously it could be faked. Wayward's 125 could feasibly be a weirdly written buspost since it undermines NJAC without committing to calling them out too much, whereas Wayward's 410 addressed to Drapion doesn't.
Well, one of the reasons I'm still townreading
Wayward
because I practically scumread them throughout the game (Newbie-2100) due to their certain style of playing until scum!
Greeting
nkilled them. As they're not
showing different something here, I'm trusting my gut on them. I'm gonna ISOing them though, and let's see if I can catch anything.

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 471, Shiidaji wrote:To some extent I have townreads on Malcolm, NJAC, Salsa, Ger, Porkens, and Drapion. I'm leaving Crescent in centerfield. That leaves Wayward, Kitty, and Galron who all have leaned null to scum for me recently, I'm fine with pressure on any of these characters.

After reading the three of their ISO's (+ Cres) I have some scum combinations in my mind. For now what I'll say is I feel like wayward-galron could have some credibility, since scum!wayward with a Galron buddy is in a tough spot. Galron's the other wagon, and scum!wayward has admitted they find galron kinda scummy but hasn't voted yet. Wayward has voted Drapion in 301 before, so it's not like Wayward is reserving their vote for the end of the day like some players. Potentially waiting for another opportunity to present itself (e.g. a Malcolm wagon)

Kitty's in a spot where I feel like he could fit in any scum pairing if he's scum, excepting maybe galron since 430, 431 don't feel like a buddy interaction. His recent postblock of 427 - 432 is neutral to me and fits his MO as either alignment. 427 from the perspective of scum kitty and town drapion could be a very simple indicator of "I want to leave this mislim open for later so let's cast doubt on the claim" but my initial reaction to the claim was basically the same so. eh. eh!

In any case I will happily put my weight behind either wagon atm.
Why do you townread
Porkens
?

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 472, Galron wrote:
In post 431, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 384, Galron wrote:Oh yeah I'm here just haven't felt like playing.

UNVOTE: wayward was rvs. Probably voting Drap or maybe Malcom today.
Why Malcolm?
I'm not really seeing a process there. And there's a whole lot of "well you seem like you could be town or scum" and that doesn't really sit well. There was a post or two wrt geraintm where he had expressed a hard town read and then rolled it back the more he got into the post.
They shows more thought process than you...

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 477, Galron wrote:Oh and someone scum reads me for something kitty had done in another game?
That
someone
is me but no, that's not what I said (worded poorly)... by saying scum!
Kitty
did similar things, I meant what a scum can do in general (like, scum!
Greeting
said something in Newbie-2100 after get caught was similar what scum!I said in the same situation in another game).

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 488, Porkens wrote:
In post 352, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 350, Porkens wrote:
In post 334, Wayward Son wrote:Question to everyone, I see Porkens talking about how bad he is and throwing shade at the idea of Town blocs. His only game relevant post is his "gut" vote. Is it only Professor's defense of him that makes him Town?
“HAY EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS OTHER PERSON PLEASE”
QFT
In post 400, Wayward Son wrote:I'm not so hot on my "tinfoil theory" anymore. I never mentioned Professor's claim to see if he would push it as an excuse to not vote him. It'd probably be late game before he could prove it.

When I get back on later tonight, I'll revise my vote. I think Shiidaji is Town.
In post 409, Wayward Son wrote:Professor, Porkens. OMGUS I guess. :P

Galron, and maybe Malcolm.

These are my best guesses.
In post 410, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 406, ProfessorDrapion wrote:NJAC and Wayward.
Without quotes, can you summarize your scum read on NJAC? Something quick?
In post 411, Wayward Son wrote:After Galron's ISO. I just don't know what to say or ask. :?

@ Galron What do you think?
What make these posts scummy to you?

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 497, Crescent wrote:Possible yes, but it still shouldn't have any effect on how someone reads Porkens now. It turns Drapion's early defense of him into a qualifier that shouldn't be there.
Don't understand this, can you explain more?

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 505, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Salsa/Wayward/NJAC I don’t think is all town IMO.
Do you read my (2)?

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:08 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 509, Wayward Son wrote:I'm willing to vote Galron, Porkens and Geraint atm.
Not sure about
geraintm
tbh...

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:12 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 529, NJAC wrote:We're running out of time. Those not voting should vote.

And what's with that nonsense of no elimination on D1? When did the typical consensus of how bad for town is not eliminating on D1 change?
+1

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:14 pm

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 540, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 470, Galron wrote:
In post 430, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 390, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 373, KittyTacky wrote:If anyone has any questions aimed at me, ask them.
Wanna vote Galron with us?
After he answers my question.
Kitty if you're talking about a question you had previously posed I can't seem to find it. I feel I'm being gaslighted.
I meant the question I was about to ask.
Then ask, what are ypu waiting for?

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:09 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 554, Salsabil Faria wrote:
I'm not going to jump to a wagon unless I think they are more likely to be scum. Its day 1, I'm happy with no elimination
Day 1 eliminations are more than likely to end in thr death of town - scum should be able to easily direct the vote to someone they want. Why give scum a free death? Why allow them to get claims out townies they run up?
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:11 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 565, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 540, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 470, Galron wrote:
In post 430, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 390, Shiidaji wrote:
In post 373, KittyTacky wrote:If anyone has any questions aimed at me, ask them.
Wanna vote Galron with us?
After he answers my question.
Kitty if you're talking about a question you had previously posed I can't seem to find it. I feel I'm being gaslighted.
I meant the question I was about to ask.
Then ask, what are ypu waiting for?
I did, and he answered. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

In fact, you just responded to his response.
Salsabil Faria wrote:

Why Malcolm?
I'm not really seeing a process there. And there's a whole lot of "well you seem like you could be town or scum" and that doesn't really sit well. There was a post or two wrt geraintm where he had expressed a hard town read and then rolled it back the more he got into the post.
They shows more thought process than you...
geraintm wrote:
In post 554, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Day 1 eliminations are more than likely to end in thr death of town - scum should be able to easily direct the vote to someone they want. Why give scum a free death? Why allow them to get claims out townies they run up?
And go into day 2 basically blind? There's no guarantee we will have an investigative guilty day 2. A flip is needed to provide some concrete information to base a solve off of unless you are a god at this game.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:42 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Why Malcolm?
I've said openly I had an initial strong TR on Gera based on how they were playing but their continual weak push on me has increasingly been leading me to revise that TR. It's D1, I think that's fair, I've had a process behind both my reasons for TR'ing and doubting the slot.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:43 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 482, Crescent wrote:
In post 448, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 436, Crescent wrote:Ok 2 1/2 days left and that war is finally over so my brain can start working ago. Votals don't feel like they've changed much. I noticed Shidaji moved onto Galron.

I then noticed Galron has... Exactly one post in the last 2 1/2 days, and it's questionable.

UNVOTE: wayward was rvs. Probably voting Drap or maybe
Malcom
today.
Yeah but.. Why? Malcolm almost never appears in your ISO before this post, except for in #47 and #64, which aren't in any way calling him scum. It kind feels like you've played this game in "neutral".

There actually is
one thing that kinda does stick out to me a bit concerning Malcolm in comparison to the other game I played with him
, but I'm not going to feed you an answer soo~

Anyways I'll glance over the rest of the posts now.
Is this anything I can help with? I believe this is only our second game together but I'd argue my last game might be about the weakest I played on the site in terms of effort - I just couldn't find my way into the game at all and it showed based on my play. Not that I'm usually some 4D chessmaster who puts in brilliant contributions but I'd say I'm more focused and engaged this game and have more focused reads.
Interesting.

'Cause it's exactly that: Your level of investment this game is markedly higher than that game. It's been sticking out to me for a little while now.
If you read back some of my other previous games (both as town and scum) this tends to be the case. I'm rarely the most active player as such but generally try to put in a solid amount of effort.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:48 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 495, Crescent wrote:
In post 493, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 489, Crescent wrote:Then 334 comes, and... This question doesn't seem to flow properly at all. He's calling Drapion and Porkens scum together, and he's already more or less doubled down on Porkens. The question is phrased as to have no good answer. Why would Drapion defending him make him town in the first place? This is made even more awkward by the fact that he's also openly claiming to scumread Drapion.
I think it's a good question. Am I to understand you Town lean Porkens? Why?
Porkens is directly reminding me of Goldfish, who was so flagrantly useless as town in 2273 that I actually pegged her as town because I didn't think scum would allow her to continue to be so useless. The feeling I have here isn't as strong as the feeling I had on her, but I also can't remember the last time I saw scum frontload their game with the ridiculous barrage of excuses that Porkens already has. I feel he needs time for further observation. I fully intend to keep needling at him.

And it's not a good question. Drapion defending Porkens early on shouldn't have any influence of whether someone town reads or scum reads Porkens now. The fact that you're calling them scum together already means you can attack almost any potential answer to the question, hence it having no "good" answer.
This is a pretty good summary of where I'm at with Porkens as well. I think scum would typically be a bit more self-conscious about having poorly constructed or bad reads and would work to improve them a bit.

I'm also not too worried about Porkens right now because I feel like if they're scum they won't be able to continue with this approach throughout the entire game and sway town onto their side. I think it's a slot that inevitably sorts itself with time.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:49 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 501, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 461, MalcolmTucker wrote:This caught my eye as a bit of an odd post - I believe Wayward TR'd me early on, they then hint I could be scum, but quickly back away from the possibility once they're asked to provide reasoning for it.
Beside that "spat", what should I be reading you scum from? Our earlier misunderstanding? No. I'm thinking you're Town.
Why did that spat make me look scummy at all though?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:52 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 541, KittyTacky wrote:

Why Malcolm?
That's kinda how Malcolm plays as town. A bit wishy-washy.
I feel like Galron's played with me often enough as well to know my approach here is fairly consistent with my town-game too.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 546, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 449, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 442, Crescent wrote:Also I just remembered the last time I saw someone voice suspicion of scum Gera day 1 they immediately got shot sooo....

Based on my experience with Gera, the way he has been loosely pushing on Malcolm for most of the day as the only vote on him feels like something that is more likely to come from his scum game. He's also voted the guy twice without even unvoting between those votes, which puts on full display just how long he's truly been at it. Heals hasn't contributed much outside of it.

This goes double if Galron or Wayward is scum, and it goes triple if Malcolm is town on top of that.

Scum Gera's favorite place is be is on a splinter vote that shows no signs of going anywhere, where he can nestle himself away and avoid the trains that actually matter. I called him out on this in 240 when I was zoning in on him, too.
I TR'd Gera very early on and I felt my logic was solid in doing so but I'm increasingly baffled by the nature of their push on me - they seem to be completely sold on the idea of me as scum on the basis of one post where I believed I was agreeing with what they were saying. Gera's issue appears to be that I agreed with them at all but are they really suggesting anyone who agreed with their early game-reads or with what they were saying is scum? Surely not.

I get it as an early gut-vibe type read, but the consistency with which one post by me has been used for the basis of a relentless push for elimination, especially when that push is going nowhere, is a bit odd. And if Gera isn't perhaps too confident about looking elsewhere I can see a world where as scum they'd hone in on a player unlikely to get voted out at the moment to at least look like they're giving committed and dedicated reads.
I'm thinking if scum!
geraintm
make it so obvious at this point.... Like if you flip green, they'll be the obvious target for elimination. There was one game with them where town!them continuously scumread town!me, so I'm not sure if they're scum here yet.
Agreed. Much as it's frustrating their unwillingness to move onto a more viable elimination because they don't mind a D1 no-elimination is also consistent with town Gera from past play.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:54 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 549, geraintm wrote:
I am amused that people are assigning scum motivation to all my actions.
On day 1. Which I 99% think is useless. You arenjust lucky I didn't do "vote longest wagon" plan.
But I guess identifying people trying to push me out today will be useful later.
This is again actually consistent with town Gera I've seen before, even though it initially reads quite anti-town, but I shall point out Gera is doing the exact same thing with me!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”