Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 6767, Datisi wrote:on one hand, i am liking what s_s is doing. on the other, i know that earlier today, while i was taking a walk, i was thinking how scum!s_s doesn't necessarily make *sense* because scum!s_s would have an idea on what he has to do to get townread, and he was obviously not doing that (e.g. being unhelpful when you asked him for a new solving strategy or wtv), and that didn't quite make sense. however, now that he's gone into doing traditionally townier stuff...
I think the missing link in this reasoning is-- I'm town and under pressure. Of course I'm going to try to transition to things that are more likely to get me townread! I'm still taking things on my terms, but I'm trying to meet people in the middle.

And, if I were scum, I would have long since gone into antispew/WIFOM mode. Not that what I'm doing now couldn't be that, but I wouldn't necessarily be trying harder to live because I would have already given up on living in the long term.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6776 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6773, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 6770, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6757, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 6756, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6753, Thestatusquo wrote:interesting that both todays wagons have now parked on my vanity wagon while refusing to actually talk about each other (or be here) that much.

Not sure what it means but honestly I think it DOES point to maybe S-S
LAMIST, distancing from S_S without doing anything to push the elimination forward on either Menalque or S_S
You are truly staggeringly bad at mafia
I think this goes against your character you portray when you say not to be ableist or whatever against people's intelligence. I think there's a motivation here to get me to doubt in my ability which is believable from Town!shea but seems to be a little bit too defensive and on the nose considering real Town!Shea is under no real pressure of losing the game here if I push his slot.
As either alignment I think I would find you pushing me annoying and not much more because I think your scum finding methods are not better than random chance and I don't particularly feel like its worthwhile to do anything to them besides just dismiss them off hand.
In post 6774, Thestatusquo wrote:Like I feel very strongly that if I were scum here I would not care about you pushing me at all except in the sense that it makes the thread kind of unpleasant to read.
I believe this is a good example of "taking a lot of words to say absolutely nothing."
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6777 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:57 am

In post 6769, Thestatusquo wrote:There were two people in that slot before him.
You don't remember me saying that I was excited to have someone in that slot I could actually read?

I did a whole analysis of why I can't read obscure, and scum-skitter simply cannot be detected in the amount of time she spent here.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6778 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Alright, I guess I'll just go back to ignoring frogsterking.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6779 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

for the record I do think skitter's push on me was bad

saying scamper diidn't "merit" a vote on like the first 10 pages, and then the way she acted surprised that I was harping on FB jokevoting being scummy

she should be familiar enough with me to know that's just how I play. I also think we constantly lock horns in every game so if scum she may have felt pressured to artificially emulate that to some degree
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6780 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6775, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6767, Datisi wrote:on one hand, i am liking what s_s is doing. on the other, i know that earlier today, while i was taking a walk, i was thinking how scum!s_s doesn't necessarily make *sense* because scum!s_s would have an idea on what he has to do to get townread, and he was obviously not doing that (e.g. being unhelpful when you asked him for a new solving strategy or wtv), and that didn't quite make sense. however, now that he's gone into doing traditionally townier stuff...
I think the missing link in this reasoning is-- I'm town and under pressure. Of course I'm going to try to transition to things that are more likely to get me townread! I'm still taking things on my terms, but I'm trying to meet people in the middle.

And, if I were scum, I would have long since gone into antispew/WIFOM mode. Not that what I'm doing now couldn't be that, but I wouldn't necessarily be trying harder to live because I would have already given up on living in the long term.
I guess my thought is just...you don't usually do this as town, do you? I seem to remember you being pretty resistant to changing how you're playing in order to get townread before. In fact, I remember you say this game that it leads to you getting miselimmed.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #6781 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Datisi »

Menalque Sep 21, 02:24pm Sep 21, 04:28pm 2 days 4 hours 37
wow would you look at that another prod range for this slot who would've seen that coming not me ahahaha totally not me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6782 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Datisi »

Menalque Sep 21, 02:24pm Sep 21, 04:28pm 2 days 4 hours 37
wow would you look at that another prod range for this slot who would've seen that coming not me ahahaha totally not me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6783 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why do you keep double posting. :(
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6784 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:01 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 183, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 180, skitter30 wrote:i am eagerly awaiting to hear more abt gl's scamper vote on the morrow
What about my scamper vote?
and this is partnery imo
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6785 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:02 am

In post 6780, Thestatusquo wrote:I guess my thought is just...you don't usually do this as town, do you? I seem to remember you being pretty resistant to changing how you're playing in order to get townread before. In fact, I remember you say this game that it leads to you getting miselimmed.
I get more and more desperate the more pressure I'm under. It can get me mislimmed, but if I'm already getting mislimmed, I've got nothing to lose.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6786 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6783, Thestatusquo wrote:Why do you keep double posting. :(
because i have a shitty mouse that, in about 75% of cases, double-clicks when i normal click and i don't know how to fix it

and my internet is moderately shitty and lets both posts go through

if you have a fix for my shitty mouse, i'm all ears
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6787 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6784, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 183, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 180, skitter30 wrote:i am eagerly awaiting to hear more abt gl's scamper vote on the morrow
What about my scamper vote?
and this is partnery imo
Is it? I feel like its pretty normal to pick up on someone asking someone for something and not you when you did roughly the same thing?

I'm missing all the context here without going back and rereading but I wouldn't consider this partnery in a vacuum.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6788 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Ydrasse »

im claiming s_s as a little scrungly now
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6789 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I think the dynamic that's emerging in this game is that S_S and Shea are unable to communicate to each other directly but have "found" each other as traitor and groupscum, and have reached a state emotionally where they've already accepted they're likely to lose the game and are enjoying playing scum together and posting in the thread messing with the Town.

@Dats

Am I tinfoiling here or is that a logical deduction, considering you probably have more insight into how scum approach survival in tough games like this than I do?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6790 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6786, Datisi wrote:
In post 6783, Thestatusquo wrote:Why do you keep double posting. :(
because i have a shitty mouse that, in about 75% of cases, double-clicks when i normal click and i don't know how to fix it

and my internet is moderately shitty and lets both posts go through

if you have a fix for my shitty mouse, i'm all ears
I'm willing to buy you a new mouse if you can't afford one.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6791 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6789, Frogsterking wrote:I think the dynamic that's emerging in this game is that S_S and Shea are unable to communicate to each other directly but have "found" each other as traitor and groupscum, and have reached a state emotionally where they've already accepted they're likely to lose the game and are enjoying playing scum together and posting in the thread messing with the Town.

@Dats

Am I tinfoiling here or is that a logical deduction, considering you probably have more insight into how scum approach survival in tough games like this than I do?
i'mma keep it real w you chief, i have no clue how you came to that conclusion from ~thread vibes~ because i don't get that feeling at all
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6792 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6790, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm willing to buy you a new mouse if you can't afford one.
i can afford it, i'm just a stingy bastard

thanks for the offer, though
~M
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6793 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Damn guess datisi must be my second traitor.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6794 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6791, Datisi wrote:
In post 6789, Frogsterking wrote:I think the dynamic that's emerging in this game is that S_S and Shea are unable to communicate to each other directly but have "found" each other as traitor and groupscum, and have reached a state emotionally where they've already accepted they're likely to lose the game and are enjoying playing scum together and posting in the thread messing with the Town.

@Dats

i'mma keep it real w you chief, i have no clue how you came to that conclusion from ~thread vibes~ because i don't get that feeling at all
It's more so based on the fact that Shea is
really
persistent about voting fire and it reminded me of my scum play from that large normal where I kept pushing Yeet and VP nonsensically to rile up the Town.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6795 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Since you're not in the PT datisi and SS can you tell me who we should shoot tonight? I have thoughts but I'd like to hear yours first.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #6796 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 am

Not a good joke to be making.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6797 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Depends on perspective I think.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #6798 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6794, Frogsterking wrote:It's more so based on the fact that Shea is really persistent about voting fire and it reminded me of my scum play from that large normal where I kept pushing Yeet and VP nonsensically to rile up the Town.
i mean, shea can theoretically be scum independently

i just don't get any ~vibe feelsies~ about him/s_s having a mental connection or whatever the fuck it is

i think his play here makes sense as scum most if mena and s_s are both town

but i don't wanna think about that scenario right now
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6799 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 6798, Datisi wrote:i think his play here makes sense as scum most if mena and s_s are both town
Huh. I guess I'm getting off base then.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”