Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:49 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 167, mastina wrote:I was thinking that we might be able to use it as an anonymous way of broadcasting the collective thoughts of the shadowclan without outing their members/their sources.
it sort of sounds like you already know how you might be able to get the warrior's ceremony? the role doesn't tell you how?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ah i see
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Dannflor »

datisi you don't have any mention of a warrior's cermeony?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Datisi »

i plead the 5th
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 171, Datisi wrote:why are you so sure our vibing at the beginning is town-indicative? personally i like both catboi and dannflor
Because that's not a vibe you can have as scum.

I don't really know how to describe how it isn't. It's like. It's like the "town jam session". It's something that carries an energy scum can't replicate. A vibe that scum can't create.

Scum like to think that they can.
And town players like to be stupid and think that scum can.

But scum can't actually pull it off.

Not
this
vibe.

It's not a thing that is "incredibly unlikely to be scum, but theoretically possible for a player skilled enough".
I mean it's literally impossible for scum to do. The energy, the vibe, the wording, the aura, the tone, the everything.
Scum emotions don't match town emotions and scum can't fake emotions that match the vibes shown.

I can't really find the words for it, so I know this isn't an adequate explanation.
But I mean it; I'm dead serious. There's absolutely ZERO way for any of you three to be scum. You just can't be. Not like that, not with your entrances, not with your play.

I realize it is easier to manipulate players in PTs than in the game thread.
I realize that you can be excited to play with players regardless of your alignment.
I realize that you can fake things as scum.

But the exact combo required isn't possible for scum.

It just isn't.

The real-time vibes are also an important factor.
Scum can have time to fabricate a thought if given time.

But you three interacted in real time over an incredibly short timeframe all posting multiple times during that time and showing the vibe.

Scum need time to mask their nature as being scum, but town can be around with their only limitations being reading and typing speed; you three were vibing in a way and with consistency that only town can. It just all adds up to be unfakeable as scum. Individual elements are. The whole cannot be.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 172, Dannflor wrote:how would you expect us to act differently if we were scum
I wouldn't expect you to act differently;
I would expect you to act the same way you did, but fail to do so in the town way.

You acting the way you did is not in of itself alignment indicative.

It's the execution of having acted that way which makes it town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 175, Dannflor wrote:
In post 167, mastina wrote:I was thinking that we might be able to use it as an anonymous way of broadcasting the collective thoughts of the shadowclan without outing their members/their sources.
it sort of sounds like you already know how you might be able to get the warrior's ceremony? the role doesn't tell you how?
Nope! It doesn't say.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:00 pm

Post by Dannflor »

mkay so the reason I and the other leaders can technically post in our leader gathering PT but not talk until night fall is because during the day we vote for someone to undergo the warrior's ceremony
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

based off this apparently the warrior's ceremony only actually does anything for certain people
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Datisi »

oooooh

okay i want to be warriorously ceremonized for Reasons
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Datisi »

doesn't have to be d1 it's fine haha but at Some Point :3
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Datisi »

also i think mastina is town

please yell at me if i'm getting that wrong
~M
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:10 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 184, Datisi wrote:oooooh
okay i want to be warriorously ceremonized for Reasons
Datisi is definitely a better choice than me tbh.

My role is only situationally useful, so whatever Datisi is, is basically guaranteed to be better.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:23 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 396, mastina wrote:
In post 19, Marashu wrote:VOTE: Dannflor
In post 21, Bell wrote:I am a cat.
Town.
In post 11, fireisredsir wrote:VOTE: catboi
In post 20, Frozen Angel wrote:VOTE: Something_Smart
Town?
For the record:
Marashu is partly from seeing the things in this PT.
Bell, ditto, but also from his first page I think this is his towngame; from what I gather, he's posting a lot and that's promising for him being town. I'll keep an eye on it as I catch up but for now, definitely promising enough to be town.

fire, I don't think this is his scumplay. Y'all have seen fire's scumplay recently, and I think that this is not even remotely the same; this fire feels far more natural and less forced.

Frozen Angel is a 50-50 where she is either 100% town or 100% scum, and I
think
this is the 50% where she is 100% town. (Basically, I'm fairly certain that FA has a night/day difference between her towngame and her scumgame; I
think
this is the day/town half.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 397, mastina wrote:
In post 38, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: bell
Choo choo!
Town?
In post 32, Cephrir wrote:oh no i missed the fun part
Cephrir.
In post 33, Titus wrote:I'm a stray. Someone adopt me.
In post 36, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I know nothing about Warrior cats whatsoever. Sup.
Scum?
PenguinPower is hard to read but loosely/vaguely I like what I'm seeing.

Cephrir is Cephrir, I'm pretty sure I always scumread Ceph regardless of his alignment and can say that his entrance was no exception to this--but I don't think he's actually scum? He looks like scum but I don't think he is scum but I'm not sure so he's effectively in null.

Titus doesn't look like town so far and setup spec wise does fit as scum.

Norwee, I know I could be wrong since every time I claimed to be able to soulread Norwee I was scum, but I would expect to be able to townread Norwee because the soulread is still mostly a true thing and yet--I'm not instatownreading Norwee, which is huge alarm bells.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:47 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 401, mastina wrote:
In post 161, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:BE A HERO, LEARN FIRE PREVENTION
VOTE: NORWEGIANBOY
OUR LEADER (CHARLOUX) SEEMS ALIGNED WITH STARCLAN BECAUSE OF THEIR POSTS IN OUR CLAN PT
Town.
This one I'm not as sure about but the vote on Norwee looks town to me and the defense of Charloux looks town to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 402, mastina wrote:
In post 167, Val89 wrote:
In post 159, Something_Smart wrote:And I don't think confirming role + alignment rules out clan confusion; it's usually easy to tell alignment from coloring + lack of partners/obvious scum info, even if you don't fully understand the factions or the wincon.
It may be obvious from the colouring + lack of partners that your role pm is one belonging to the uninformed majority, but if you were in possession of such, you would also have (and I assume it's acceptable to quote directly now it is given publicly) the wincon given to starclan -
"You and all other members of the protectors of StarClan win when all Dark Forest cats have been eliminated."
- which is patently clear on the issue bell expressed confusion about.

That's my hypothesis - that scum!bell was trying to replicate that selfmeta of 'derping about set up early game and asking the most basic questions that are usually also “town slippy”' without access to a critical piece of information - how the wincon was presented to starclan; and thus failing to realise there was zero, none, nada ambiguity there to 'town slip' over. I don't buy the post-sample explanation that starclan!bell thought "dark forest cats" was some larger descriptor for two or more scum clans without also believing that starclan was some larger descriptor for the town clans, and thus windclan, thunderclan, etc to be pure; and that's never going to pass review. It's nonsensical.

I can easily see town!SS realising this situation has only arisen because of the lack of a publicly posted sample PM, and thus suffer some sort of second-hand guilt on behalf of the dark forest for having a member outed so early over what is arguably a mod mistake, but why defend him now?
Town?
Obviously, if I wasn't having trouble locking down an alignment for Val I'd have already have given a read. Val is a tough read for me, but this post in particular looks generically town. It
could
come from scum, but the thought process looks like town to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 403, mastina wrote:
In post 181, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:CHANGE MISTYX FROM SUS TO TRUSTWORTHY
Hard to say for sure but I think I vibe with that read.
Mistyx hasn't done anything town yet in my readthrough reads-wise, but content-wise Mistyx still loosely feels town to me.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 405, mastina wrote:LOCKTOWN:
{catboi, Datisi, Dannflor}
very subtle, mastina :P
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 153, mastina wrote:Hi I am a mason. :)

:P
Just because you're in a hood with 4 wonderful townies does not make you a mason. :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:29 am

In post 47, Dannflor wrote:are you unhappy with the results of your traditional play
Also Datisi's cafe is over now and I can say yeeeaaahhh it didn't work so great there.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Datisi »

also, i was not kidding earlier, titus's vote on bell gave me major bus vibes

but i've kinda started thinking bell is townie since, so /shrug

something to look at if he start getting less townie ig
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:43 am

Even if there's no scum in this hood, it's highly likely scum can narrow down the members off knowing the other 3 hoods + Titus. So outing the members isn't a big concern, and outing the sources probably isn't a huge concern either because I doubt everyone will just be inclined to trust your locktown reads without making their own evaluation.

I guess this answers my other question though, which was why you didn't explain your locktown reads in the main thread.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:48 am

In post 236, Charloux wrote:
In post 234, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 230, Charloux wrote:I wish what happened in my hood stayed in my hood...
So 4 clans, 5 scum. My current theory is that scum are in 3 clans, and preventing them from knowing who the strays are is the key to this game.
That means no saying who the clan members are and no saying who the leaders are.
How do you know there are multiple strays?
It's a theory based on Titus claim, the number of people in my pt and the details of my role.
3 more people have yet to post, and we can't confirm that everybody who posted is a member of a clan.
Noting this for later. I think it makes them town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:50 am

Oh Charloux is a leader.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”