She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #5050 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 811, Bell wrote:.........
Let's break down the sentences.

1. I'm fine shutting down Mastina's ego if they're town and wrong. Nobody should be 97.5% confident in a read day one. AND ABSOLUTELY NOBODY SHOULD BE 100% CONFIDENT IN A READ DAY 1 Unless they have mod information. Which I won't entertain given who I'm speaking to.
2. If they're right my win condition is advanced and I'll be happy with that.

Am I leaving out that you're the best player at the table at reading Norwe? Yes. Yes I'm going to ignore that claim because there are a lot of issues I have with it. Such as:
1. You could be wrong.

have you ever played with mastina?
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5051 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

page 37

thoughts right now, Bell and norwee never a team, this latest interaction with fire pushing a vote on what feels like a bit of momentum from people on Bell feels oportunistic and by that point only one who followed on fire's vote was Cephrir

I'll continue reading tomorrow

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5052 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by Cephrir »

It would be really funny if norwe was scum and y'all elimed mastina for being right
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5053 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Furtive have you back read any of the Windclan PT?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5054 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5046, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 5044, Freedom wrote:
In post 5024, JunkoChan wrote:see 276 alisae (scum) vs val, doesn't read like scum v scum

alisae/norwee feels acted
Can you explain the last part?

norwee says that they read alisae because they were very helpful and they helped them, just doesn't feel like a real thought, at least so early in the game, I'm of course reading this knowing that alisae is scum, like that's the start but if you keep reading it keeps happening
In post 5048, Freedom wrote:It feels NAI to me.
Though it depends on what was in their hood.
Luke, if you don't mind, can you tell us what Alisae had said to Norwee at the time was posted?
In post 5048, Freedom wrote:It feels NAI to me.
Though it depends on what was in their hood.
Luke, if you don't mind, can you tell us what Alisae had said to Norwee at the time was posted?
Norwee and Ali talked a lot in the PT prior to that point. like 3 full pages of back and forths with only a handful of posts from Val and a single post from Shiro saying they were there.

There was a bit where norwee said he was feeling lost in the game, and Ali and said she would help him, and started asking questions about his thoughts. She asked about the FA v Char thing early on with Char faking posting in his hood. With Ali grabbing quotes and asking Norwee's thoughts on them.

She then starts asking him to read Datisi and SS's isos.

I can see Norwee feeling that Ali had done a lot to help him get grounded in the game.

I said this yesterDay, but I feel like Ali looked like she was putting in a lot of effort towards pocketing Norwee in the hood.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5055 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:32 am

Post by Lukewarm »

@Junko, here were my thoughts reading the Norwee / Ali interactions in the windclan
Spoiler:
In post 4810, Lukewarm wrote:I have read the first 2 pages of the windclan PT, and I feel like Alisae is putting a lot of effort into trying to pocket Norwee in those pages. Would be surprised if that was scum theater tbh
In post 4811, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 148, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
So guys, i'm trying to change my font and playstyle for this game. Tell me if you like it. <3
:lol:
For reference, this post from Norwee came from a joke from Aliase in the pt, where she started joking with him about post limits making him have to type essays, him responding, her telling him that typing with comic sans is possibile on the site, him thinking it was funny. Him making this post on the main thread, her joking about it, and her bringing it back up and laughing when Bear voted norwee because of the font.

It was a LOT of banter back and forth.
In post 4812, Lukewarm wrote:I just hit a point where Alisae seems to be trying to gently lead Norwee into a "FA" scum read, like. Trying to make it seem like it was his idea.

I will be baffled if the Norwee slot is scum with Alisae, so gonna put Furtiveglance down as town
In post 4814, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 4810, Lukewarm wrote:I have read the first 2 pages of the windclan PT, and I feel like Alisae is putting a lot of effort into trying to pocket Norwee in those pages. Would be surprised if that was scum theater tbh
I just hit a spot where Val came to this same conclusion, which helps me feel better about my own.
In post 4815, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 4813, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:ON A SIMILAR NOTE, YOU'RE PROBABLY RIGHT ABOUT ALISAE/NORWEE, HOWEVER, A COUNTERPOINT DOES EXIST ABOUT ALISAE'S SCUM PLAY AND HOOD WIFOM BULLSHIT:
The points you just quoted seem to be based on Mastina's take, when she had not read it herself.

Val is also there saying that it does not look like S/S.

I feel pretty confident in this being a scum/town pocket attempt. Like, the banter started strong, then transitioned into Alisaie trying to nudge Norwee to a miselim. Which I think are the same posts that Val is refering to here
In post 276, Val89 wrote:Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base
In post 4818, Lukewarm wrote:Just hit the point where Shiro weighed in after Val asks if she thinks that it could be scum theater.

Her conclusion is that norwee and alisae are never scum together.

So, if they are then they managed to fool every single townie in this PT lmao
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5056 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5053, Lukewarm wrote:@Furtive have you back read any of the Windclan PT?
A bit, no conclusions really
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5057 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Bell »

In post 5035, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5033, Cephrir wrote:i haven't caught any scum or done anything at any point
Neither, and no one's mad at me for some reason
I'm mad at you.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5058 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Bell »

Guys,
quick question do I have to actually respond to Junko casing me or can I just let them continue to waste their time casing me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5059 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Bell »

In post 5050, JunkoChan wrote:

1. I'm fine shutting down Mastina's ego if they're town and wrong. Nobody should be 97.5% confident in a read day one. AND ABSOLUTELY NOBODY SHOULD BE 100% CONFIDENT IN A READ DAY 1 Unless they have mod information. Which I won't entertain given who I'm speaking to.

Am I leaving out that you're the best player at the table at reading Norwe? Yes. Yes I'm going to ignore that claim because there are a lot of issues I have with it. Such as:
1. You could be wrong.

I'm a bit bewildered you wasted calories writing this.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #5060 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:55 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Danflorr
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5061 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5058, Bell wrote:Guys,
quick question do I have to actually respond to Junko casing me or can I just let them continue to waste their time casing me.
you're good
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5062 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

we are not eliminating the vig today please try again
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5063 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 347, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 344, catboi wrote:
In post 341, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 332, catboi wrote:
In post 327, fireisredsir wrote:

im not like super confident on it but i think he feels like town val to me
That's really kind of vague? Like what in specific have you seen that makes you think that? Elaborate a little for me.
i mean i already explained the specific aspect of his play that was reminding me of his town play idk what more you want

like i can go pull up the posts from invictus that i think are similar if you really want me to but idk what you're hoping to accomplish here

feels a little weird i wouldn't expect you to care about this
town indicative?

No, I don't want to read his posts from invictus, I want to read the ones from
this game
you think are towny. If you
have to
, you can draw a comparsion between butt I want a little more than one sentence from you on why he's towny.

I'm literally just asking you to elaborate on your read, why are you getting so defensive?
. like i said, i think it's towny bc he is like, viewing the game as if it's revolving around him, that alisae has this master plan to start suspecting him prior to him pushing a case on them so that they can be the one to do it first. and just the overdramatic is kinda the same vibes. it's just like, really over the top in an almost conspiratorial way? and that feels like something that is not super easy to replicate as scum bc replicating it would require being self-aware of it as town and i think it's kinda inherently something that you wouldn't be very self-aware about. and additionally this matches up with my previous meta knowledge of val

and im just kinda weirded out by your approach to me here bc it feels v different than past experiences when you were town

idk if you've ever asked me to elaborate on a read in that way lmao
In post 903, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 881, Bell wrote:Is it really that hard to understand that I voted Norwe first because it’s RVS and I’m happy to explore where a wagon might lead on a small TR on slot that hadn’t done much and stayed there because the best defense I’ve seen is “trust me you guys, they’re super town in the neighborhood?”
You keep saying you think you get it but then you loop back right into not knowing. Ask some clarification questions instead of looping. Into a deeper and deeper series of doubt that themselves don’t make sense because it almost seems like you can’t understand how time works. \: or something?
yes it very much is? bc it wasn't rvs? it was on page 24 how is that rvs? and you've kept your vote there the entire time, so if the vote was bc you're happy to explore wagons then why not ever explore other wagons? this is starting to feel like weird excuses to not actually do any normal town behavior like hunt scum or vote for the people you think are scum

and you are responding to a quote in which i did ask clarifying questions so... yea that's what im doing. i don't get the tone here. what do you even mean that i don't understand how time works?

i never said that i get why you're doing this. i specifically said multiple times that it is really weird and doesn't make sense to me. all ive said is that now you're at least showing your thought process and i feel like i can see that thought process even though i don't really think the thought process makes sense (and tbh kind of feels fake and made up after the fact to justify your behavior considering there are unexplained holes in it)

like in that post i specifically asked you to clarify what you meant by justifying your vote as a reaction to alisae's approach to norwee, when your vote was before they took that approach. and you ignored the question. and then made up another justification that doesn't make sense (rvs??). and then said that i should be asking more clarifying questions to understand you. like what
this isn't a bus

unfortunate we eliminated datisi while having access to this iso. dunno why we did that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5064 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

fixed:
In post 347, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 344, catboi wrote:
In post 341, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 332, catboi wrote:
In post 327, fireisredsir wrote:

im not like super confident on it but i think he feels like town val to me
That's really kind of vague? Like what in specific have you seen that makes you think that? Elaborate a little for me.
i mean i already explained the specific aspect of his play that was reminding me of his town play idk what more you want

like i can go pull up the posts from invictus that i think are similar if you really want me to but idk what you're hoping to accomplish here

feels a little weird i wouldn't expect you to care about this
No, I don't want to read his posts from invictus, I want to read the ones from
this game
you think are towny. If you
have to
, you can draw a comparsion between butt I want a little more than one sentence from you on why he's towny.

I'm literally just asking you to elaborate on your read, why are you getting so defensive?
. like i said, i think it's towny bc he is like, viewing the game as if it's revolving around him, that alisae has this master plan to start suspecting him prior to him pushing a case on them so that they can be the one to do it first. and just the overdramatic is kinda the same vibes. it's just like, really over the top in an almost conspiratorial way? and that feels like something that is not super easy to replicate as scum bc replicating it would require being self-aware of it as town and i think it's kinda inherently something that you wouldn't be very self-aware about. and additionally this matches up with my previous meta knowledge of val

and im just kinda weirded out by your approach to me here bc it feels v different than past experiences when you were town

idk if you've ever asked me to elaborate on a read in that way lmao
town indicative?
In post 903, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 881, Bell wrote:Is it really that hard to understand that I voted Norwe first because it’s RVS and I’m happy to explore where a wagon might lead on a small TR on slot that hadn’t done much and stayed there because the best defense I’ve seen is “trust me you guys, they’re super town in the neighborhood?”
You keep saying you think you get it but then you loop back right into not knowing. Ask some clarification questions instead of looping. Into a deeper and deeper series of doubt that themselves don’t make sense because it almost seems like you can’t understand how time works. \: or something?
yes it very much is? bc it wasn't rvs? it was on page 24 how is that rvs? and you've kept your vote there the entire time, so if the vote was bc you're happy to explore wagons then why not ever explore other wagons? this is starting to feel like weird excuses to not actually do any normal town behavior like hunt scum or vote for the people you think are scum

and you are responding to a quote in which i did ask clarifying questions so... yea that's what im doing. i don't get the tone here. what do you even mean that i don't understand how time works?

i never said that i get why you're doing this. i specifically said multiple times that it is really weird and doesn't make sense to me. all ive said is that now you're at least showing your thought process and i feel like i can see that thought process even though i don't really think the thought process makes sense (and tbh kind of feels fake and made up after the fact to justify your behavior considering there are unexplained holes in it)

like in that post i specifically asked you to clarify what you meant by justifying your vote as a reaction to alisae's approach to norwee, when your vote was before they took that approach. and you ignored the question. and then made up another justification that doesn't make sense (rvs??). and then said that i should be asking more clarifying questions to understand you. like what
this isn't a bus

unfortunate we eliminated datisi while having access to this iso. dunno why we did that.
Bartleby the Scrivener
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5065 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:43 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 5059, Bell wrote:
In post 5050, JunkoChan wrote:

1. You could be wrong.

I'm a bit bewildered you wasted calories writing this.

you could like, say yes or no idk

well I'll continue reading

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5066 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 938, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 935, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 931, fireisredsir wrote:enough to the point where at first i thought it was weird and the difference could be scummy, but i am feeling that less now
can you walk me through your thoughts here in more detail?
you started the game off with lots of opinions and reads and thoughts and even early voting

ive only played with you as town i think and my experience is that you haven't really done that at all

so my first thought was that here you might be feeling some pressure to do more in order to get townread and the playstyle difference could be due to alignment difference

lately tho you've felt more what i would expect (but still giving reads), which also makes me think it isn't like a completely different playstyle, you probably just genuinely had things that you had thoughts and opinions on, which is like a good thing anyway bc now its easier to actually track what you've been thinking
In post 163, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 160, Dannflor wrote:why am i towny
you feel like you really have your investigator hat on and your magnifying glass out but in a way that is more focused on moving the game forward and prodding things out from people than it is about performance or like putting your own mindset on display for townpoints

specifically it reminds me of turing test d1
these seem more like potential partner interactions to me
Bartleby the Scrivener
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5067 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:47 am

Post by JunkoChan »

@Lukewarm, thanks I did feel like it was fake interaction, maybe because i'm missing what happened in their hood

(I haven't read my hood btw) that shit is 30 pages long but I'm guessing from expereience that if something iomportant happened there it should be a reference to it in the OT so I'm not reading there for now

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5068 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1135, fireisredsir wrote:the catboi/dann thing is interesting ig. it feels like they're both kinda puffing their chests up a lil bit, maybe just bc it's all very... cordial? it feels like there's a slight lack of. something. behind the posts, intensity or conviction maybe. some of it feels a bit like writing for the sake of writing rather than like, a true reflection of a passionate scumread of the heart

that could just come from being 2 good players early on in the game who are aware that even if they find the other to be suspicious so far, it's hard to be confident in a read, so idk

i kinda still am more nervous about catboi of the two but it could be a playstyle thing that im not used to
kinda think this is a partner interaction also
Bartleby the Scrivener
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5069 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:50 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 5066, Cephrir wrote:
In post 931, fireisredsir wrote:enough to the point where at first i thought it was weird and the difference could be scummy, but i am feeling that less now
you started the game off with lots of opinions and reads and thoughts and even early voting

ive only played with you as town i think and my experience is that you haven't really done that at all

so my first thought was that here you might be feeling some pressure to do more in order to get townread and the playstyle difference could be due to alignment difference

lately tho you've felt more what i would expect (but still giving reads), which also makes me think it isn't like a completely different playstyle, you probably just genuinely had things that you had thoughts and opinions on, which is like a good thing anyway bc now its easier to actually track what you've been thinking
you feel like you really have your investigator hat on and your magnifying glass out but in a way that is more focused on moving the game forward and prodding things out from people than it is about performance or like putting your own mindset on display for townpoints

I'm getting there, I'll check

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5070 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:54 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 937, Bell wrote:I’m one of the easiest sorts in the world.
And you either didn’t manage it or you’re scum fire.
I hate your guts

not related to alignment or game, i just do

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5071 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:58 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 5069, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 5066, Cephrir wrote:

I'm getting there, I'll check
it does feel condescending? i think is the word, like "step it up or you will call attention" half hearted read, just cuz, did fire vote something smart at any point after that? is what I'm thinking

Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #5072 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Freedom »

In post 5058, Bell wrote:Guys,
You should just ignore them.
They're probably just scum hoping to get the Vig limmed so they don't have to NK you.
Though, their content makes me feel better than flow's.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #5073 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:34 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5056, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5053, Lukewarm wrote:@Furtive have you back read any of the Windclan PT?
You have access to a PT with two flipped scum, that most of the playerlist does not have access to, and you gained no thoughts that you felt worth mentioning in the main thread?
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5074 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:11 am

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 5073, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 5056, furtiveglance wrote:
You have access to a PT with two flipped scum, that most of the playerlist does not have access to, and you gained no thoughts that you felt worth mentioning in the main thread?
-realises that could be my case
-checks the hood
-mastina and datisi are dead
-aight... were they limmed or killed? limmed (f u guys)
-this hood is dead since december 2, what happened?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”