He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: GamerGryff
Still need that personal PT unlocked :P

Btw I’d like to make a suggestion for this game: everyone should post a full read list at least once per day phase. You can update when and how you’d like, if you like, but the one list is highly recommended.
Personal PT? Sorry, been at work all day and not sure what you're talkin' bout.

VOTE: Haschel

Your name is too difficult to type
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 10, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 7, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: GamerGryff
Still need that personal PT unlocked :P

Btw I’d like to make a suggestion for this game: everyone should post a full read list at least once per day phase. You can update when and how you’d like, if you like, but the one list is highly recommended.
Personal PT? Sorry, been at work all day and not sure what you're talkin' bout.

VOTE: Haschel

Your name is too difficult to type
ftr I don’t actually care if you unlock it by now since it’s been so long, but I saw your prior username in a GD thread iirc and recognized you as the mod of a game I had played a while back
Aaaaah, I thought I recognized the name, long time no see, how ya been
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 6, Gamma Emerald wrote:Btw I’d like to make a suggestion for this game: everyone should post a full read list at least once per day phase. You can update when and how you’d like, if you like, but the one list is highly recommended.
I actually do have one issue, though it's less with the idea and more with the fact that I'm super busy (I work two jobs) and may not have the time or energy to do a full write-up each day phase unless it's during the weekend where I have off.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:27 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Kow has too many votes for this early. Got my eye on Penguin,red, Klick, and andante. Likely at least one scum on there.

I'm at work, so this is all I'll be able to say for the next fivish hours.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:04 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 91, geraintm wrote:
In post 89, GamerGryff wrote:Kow has too many votes for this early. Got my eye on Penguin,red, Klick, and andante. Likely at least one scum on there.

Argh, naughty point for you. Yes, how useful to pick 4 players and suggest 1 could be scum....
Please explain how pointing out that someone who's already got about half votes needed for lynch less than 24 hours into the game is bad. All I said is to keep an eye on those people since there's a decent chance that one of them is scum since they're bandwagoning.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:17 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 100, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 89, GamerGryff wrote:Kow has too many votes for this early. Got my eye on Penguin,red, Klick, and andante. Likely at least one scum on there.

wait...why not brickwall?
What about them?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:26 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 111, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 108, GamerGryff wrote:

What about them?
So you managed to see post 100 but not 102? :?
I'm skimming because I don't want to take too much time in the bathroom at work lmao, I'll get to a full post later
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 42, Andante wrote:like, sure I don't fully get RVS/ what yall gain from it
I actually 100% agree with this but it's my first game back in years and it's tradition sooo *shrug*
In post 58, Taly wrote:cause reads D1 are usually built off arbitrary measurements of sincerity that are too subjective to be as generalized as they are and some argue that it informs scum who best to NK
This is exactly why I don't think we should bandwagon on anyone, and it's this exact reason that it's way too early to have three active bandwagons this close to lynching, less than 24 hours in. I should think that point's pretty obvious as to why it's bad. Scum (or even newer townies) can swoop in to try and convince everyone they were just following the line of thinking.
In post 63, Klick wrote:VOTE: Kowahbunga

Let's kill scum on Page 3
No.
In post 97, PenguinPower wrote:

Why is it too many votes for this early? What do you think is the appropriate threshold for votes at this time and when is the appropriate time for more votes?
See above. Second question: Appropriate threshold is definitely less than half of the votes required to lynch. In this case, that's 3.
In post 103, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 93, Klick wrote:
In post 79, Kowahbunga wrote:You know what? The vote originally was just a thought I had to do. I figured "hey, let's put a second vote on someone when i get to the game thread, see if that kills rvs dead or not" and I feel strongly, the game is going on now and RVS is way over. I don't know if it's entirely because of me, but I'll accept partial credit.

Now after reading all of Andante's response's to my, at the time, nothing vote. I can't see how any of their posts come from a town POV. And I am indeed currently scum reading them for this.
This doesn't read like how town structures their thoughts
This reads like Kowah decided it looked best to progress to a scumread on Andante and added the depth and oomph afterwards
The following post is what set me to scum on Andante. The initial votes intentions were to end RVS. I got what I wanted from that. The part I don't like though:
In post 36, Andante wrote:
In post 13, Kowahbunga wrote:VOTE: andante

hi everyone
like, yall... anyone want to tell me this is town? Kow votes ME.. and dissapears, there were lots of others being voted! In my opinion, the Penguin wagon could've been more fun to join!! Who doesn't want to vote penguin? but the vote on me... idk who Kow is, but yall I'm so deadset on this being scum, you have no idea...

I literally asked Kow something too, I think Kow is avoiding us... you don't vote, say "hi everyone" then dissapear?? feels like scum forcing an opening post, hoping to fly under the radar
Is forcing out this read on me like what I did is scum motivated. How is it scum motivated to bring attention to yourself? Also the fact that they even say that joining another wagon would have been okay, just not them. I don't like any of it. And how would that post put me under the radar? Just such a wild case made from literally a vote and two other words.

The response from Andante was more what I expect from someone being put to L1. This is way too much from way too little.
I would argue that bringing attention to yourself is just as effective a tactic as trying to be in the background; in fact, in the past I tended to find the people who are the most talkative to be the most suspicious of all.

What about them?
102 is a nothing post, I think you're mistaken on number.
In post 116, Herta wrote:
In post 115, GamerGryff wrote:

What about them?
I'm skimming because I don't want to take too much time in the bathroom at work lmao, I'll get to a full post later
this is fair, but yeah I'd like to know why I was excluded from those voting kowahbunga.
Simple. I was going off the current votecount as listed on page 4, and you're not there. As previously mentioned, I've been skimming since I've been at work all day (note to all: I'll be doing that a lot as I work a job that gives me time to look away for short bursts, but I still have quotas to meet).
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 120, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 107, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 95, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Red and Andante seem okay rn
Other 2 idk
I don't like Gryff's post but Gamma's is not much better. This legitimises poor scum hunting
I’m not saying I agree
I think red and Andante are town rn. Don’t feel the same about Klick or Penguin yet. That’s all to what I said.
Disagree on red. He hasn't posted enough to warrant a read.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 131, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 121, GamerGryff wrote:See above. Second question: Appropriate threshold is definitely less than half of the votes required to lynch. In this case, that's 3.
Seems arbitrary. You can't apply pressure like that.
You're missing the point. We don't need to apply pressure so quickly. It's hasty.
In post 136, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 121, GamerGryff wrote:lynching
we don't use this anymore FYI
In post 0, mith wrote:For many years, the word “lynch” was used to describe the person who was voted out by town in a mafia game. We no longer allow this word to be used.
Duly noted. I haven't played a game in years, so I was not aware of this, I will refrain from using it. If there's a different word we use now, it'd be nice to know.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 133, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 121, GamerGryff wrote:Simple. I was going off the current votecount as listed on page 4, and you're not there. As previously mentioned, I've been skimming since I've been at work all day (note to all: I'll be doing that a lot as I work a job that gives me time to look away for short bursts, but I still have quotas to meet).
I've already stated everything of note I had to say in my large post earlier. Nothing is actually popping off my scum radar as of yet, seeing as, once again, it's all just early Day 1 mischief as usual. If you actually see anything scummy about me trying to keep the town from voting someone out so early, perhaps you need an eye doctor.
wonderful...now that you know what do you think?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:11 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Ignore the formatting in previous post. Posting on mobile at 1 am was a bad idea.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:14 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 168, Taly wrote: happy bday
andante
:D

how do you feel about the votes on
gamer
?

-
pedit
seems we're on the same page
In post 166, Andante wrote:
In post 164, Taly wrote:<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
@PP
<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">we got good traction on
gamer
me no want unvote<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">What's the reasoning for a gamer vote?
I agree with
Gamer's
philosophy that a lot of noise can make it difficult to sort D1 and in reflection for later dayphases, but this and coupled with the indifference to
Kowabungah
wagon without really asserting a stance or push gave me "active but coasting" vibe.

So that gave me "I wanna poke" vibe.

Also, I was voting
Gamer
prior to
Geraint
, so it's never accurate to describe my vote as sheeping here.
This is all I have time to respond to right now due to work but I want to make a single point in regards to the "indifference" to the Kow wagon:

At what point did I ever say I was indifferent to it? I've been saying up and down how foolish and hasty it is to bandwagon so early D1. I'm not indifferent to any of the bandwagons here.

I'm also very against this "get the day done quick" nonsense. That's not getting people talking and having chance to slip up. Do I necessarily think that's a scumtell? No, but I'll be looking over later today and probably putting my vote there for trying to prevent discussion.

I'll say this as my closing thoughts for this post: if you agree with wanting to get the day done quickly, for the towns health you should be voting for no kills today (or no limm? Is that what we call it now?). Rather than rush through and, in all likelihood, lose two townies through dayvote and night death, consider giving people a chance to breath and think rationally rather than rushing around like a chicken with your head cut off.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:17 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Oh, and just to be smug, if y'all kill me this early and see I'm town, all you're doing is proving my point about stupidly rushing into things.

Y'all seem to like rushing things. I prefer a methodical approach. Every time I rush into things it ends in disaster. This is no different.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:20 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 183, redFF wrote:
In post 181, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 168, Taly wrote: happy bday
andante
:D

how do you feel about the votes on
gamer
?

-
pedit
seems we're on the same page
In post 166, Andante wrote:
In post 164, Taly wrote:<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
@PP
<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"><br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">we got good traction on
gamer
me no want unvote<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">
<br style="color: rgb(204, 204, 204);">What's the reasoning for a gamer vote?
I agree with
Gamer's
philosophy that a lot of noise can make it difficult to sort D1 and in reflection for later dayphases, but this and coupled with the indifference to
Kowabungah
wagon without really asserting a stance or push gave me "active but coasting" vibe.

So that gave me "I wanna poke" vibe.

Also, I was voting
Gamer
prior to
Geraint
, so it's never accurate to describe my vote as sheeping here.
This is all I have time to respond to right now due to work but I want to make a single point in regards to the "indifference" to the Kow wagon:

At what point did I ever say I was indifferent to it? I've been saying up and down how foolish and hasty it is to bandwagon so early D1. I'm not indifferent to any of the bandwagons here.

I'm also very against this "get the day done quick" nonsense. That's not getting people talking and having chance to slip up. Do I necessarily think that's a scumtell? No, but I'll be looking over later today and probably putting my vote there for trying to prevent discussion.

I'll say this as my closing thoughts for this post: if you agree with wanting to get the day done quickly, for the towns health you should be voting for no kills today (or no limm? Is that what we call it now?). Rather than rush through and, in all likelihood, lose two townies through dayvote and night death, consider giving people a chance to breath and think rationally rather than rushing around like a chicken with your head cut off.
disagree, we don't know the setup and voting to lim someone is one of town's best weapons against scum. im STRONGLY opposed to a NL
It's precisely the fact we don't know the setup that is why we shouldn't waste lives unless we're sure. We may not have many to go around. Assuming with a setup this big there's at least three scum that gives us three days of wrong lims max before they win. And that's assuming there's only one enemy faction. For all we know there could be two mobs or a third party with an agenda against our own.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:10 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 192, Andante wrote:
In post 186, GamerGryff wrote: It's precisely the fact we don't know the setup that is why we shouldn't waste lives unless we're sure. We may not have many to go around. Assuming with a setup this big there's at least three scum that gives us three days of wrong lims max before they win. And that's assuming there's only one enemy faction. For all we know there could be two mobs or a third party with an agenda against our own.
Cut me some slack, I haven't been active on this site in 3+ years lol

I used to never play Normals even when I was

You do realize this is a normal game right? With normal rules for games? it's not like a wild large theme game
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:40 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Andante -
Lean Town, though I'll admit the excitedness comes off as maybe a little too friendly, though I've never played with them, so maybe that's just them all the time.

Brickwall -
Is apparently new, though even if they were more experienced I still wouldn't put a read on them because they've made 11 posts total. There's not enough here to work with, though I agree with their take on Gamma in #154.

Gamma -
In addition to Brick's take on her, she's barely said anything in the first place. If you're going to be made about me not "giving content" then you can't not say the same about Gamma.

geraint -
Difficult to read, but I want to bring up this point as quoted by them in #123. "It is day 1, there is pretty much nothing anyone can do which should set off a real scum ping. Just go with the flow and wait till tomorrow." This is 100% correct, though I still think going with the flow shouldn't just mean "vote someone, anyone, out."

Haschel Cedricson -
Completely absent from the game. Null.

Herta -
Seems to have a history with Gamma and knows their shit on how she plays. Even despite him suggesting to get me out of here, I'm going to say this is town, for the time being. This could be deflection and trying to push it off on Gamma. If Gamma is town, I'm gonna say Herta is scum, and vice versa.

Klick -
Has said even less than Brick, and only contribution has been saying "let's kill scum Page 3." Null.

Kowabungah -
I don't like the harping on Andante. I think they're making a mountain out a molehill, which is exactly what they're accusing Andante of doing. That said, I want to hear Andante's response to #196. Despite this, I'm leaning scum here. And reminder: I still think that putting so many votes on him early is not the contributing factor to this, I think the deflection is the case here, but I'm not confident enough to put my vote on Kow just yet.

Lazy Shirou -
Chaotic neutral is the best I've got. They've really done nothing but shitpost, so why is no one complaining about that? I can't tell if #217 is an attempt at a softclaim, though I think it's more likely just further shitposting. Though, maybe he's playing 4D chess, and assuming we'll all believe it's just part of his wacky antics.

PenguinPower -
I don't know why everyone is convinced he's town. Posts have been mostly fluff.

redFF -
Mostly nothing posts, though his take in #182 intrigues me.
@redFF
can you explain your thoughts on Kow scumslipped in RVS?

Taly -
Despite their take which I disagree with, this is town. They're take on Brick I also can agree with, because of his newbie status.

Oh, and for the record, can you guys call me "Gryff" please. It's my preferred name.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 230, Brickwalll wrote:
Gryff
your read on
Herta
is a big thing to say with regard to
Gamma
on D1, 250 posts in. How can you be so certain to make such a big call so early in?

We have
geraintm
saying you can't make any conclusive reads on D1 and we have you confirming that scum is 50/50
Herta
/
Gamma
? Seems off.
I can't be sure. That was just a list of current reads. I suppose I should've said that. None of that I would claim to be conclusive, just what I'm picking up from what's been said thus far.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:29 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Just a fair warning I'm not gonna be here again until tomorrow most likely. I work both my jobs today, only have an hour and a half in-between, and need to go to bed basically right after I get home from the second one.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:36 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 380, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 224, GamerGryff wrote: Gamma -
In addition to Brick's take on her, she's barely said anything in the first place. If you're going to be made about me not "giving content" then you can't not say the same about Gamma.
In post 224, GamerGryff wrote: Herta -
Seems to have a history with Gamma and knows their shit on how she plays. Even despite him suggesting to get me out of here, I'm going to say this is town, for the time being. This could be deflection and trying to push it off on Gamma. If Gamma is town, I'm gonna say Herta is scum, and vice versa.
in fact those two reads together don't even make SENSE

if Gamer thinks that one of Herta/Gamma is scum and clears the other, and town reads Herta for now, he necessarily had to think Gamma is scum which isn't the impression i get from his read on her (Gamma) at all.

i believe this was an informed read. decent confidence although i've learned the hard way to never be sure of anything i guess...
I'm going to do a more informed read in the morning, but I've been at work and busy all day so this is all I have the energy to respond to.

Let me let you in on a little secret: I do my reads by ISO'ing people, as it's easier for me. I did them all in order top to bottom in the ISO list, but, as is a habit of myself in general, I forgot to go back through and modify my thoughts for ones I had already done (in addition to that coming off of an eight-hour workday without taking a nap afterward). Regardless, I don't see where you come off thinking these don't make sense. At the time of posting, Gamma had said next to nothing, and, having not played in years, I took Herta's words at face value that they're familiar with her style of play. That's why I believe Herta is in prime position to push a narrative about Gamma, because of the familiarity. Note that my wording on Herta, however, was a
general observation
. I said
"if Herta is town."
My actual read on them is null. My bad that I forgot to write that.

Not that I care, as maybe my life situation right now is too demanding for this game anymore in the first place, but pray tell why do you read me as scum?

I'm going to bed now.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:44 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 315, Lazy Shirou wrote: i've a cop check on andante

she's clear
One other note, if this is a softclaim, which I'm guessing it isn't, feel free to just check me tonight. In fact, if there is a cop/similar role, check me, more than happy to definitively prove my innocence.
In post 383, Lazy Shirou wrote: gryff gamma is talking about you having modded a game but your join date seem new

are you an alt? if so what's your main account if it's public? (if it's a secret alt it's fine to not reveal)
This is technically an alt, yes, though it's my main account from henceforth. I'd rather not mention to old name due to having left it behind for personal (and honestly quite painful) memories. Sorry.
Show
- One Piece is the GOAT -
- Elma and Wiz are Waifus for Laifus -
- Sora/Joker Main in Smash -
- D.va/Kiriko Simp in Overwatch -
- Pokemon Champ, Dungeon Master, and Voice Actor -
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:52 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 434, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 398, GamerGryff wrote:One other note, if this is a softclaim, which I'm guessing it isn't, feel free to just check me tonight. In fact, if there is a cop/similar role, check me, more than happy to definitively prove my innocence.
This doesn't feel like it comes from Town POV. It feels more like a dare from scum. Also I feel like I always hope any cop find scum with their shot(s) and that finding town is more on the side of a miss. Town confirming players is great and all, but this feels more like someone wanting to get their town clear so they can coast to the end of the game.

Here is the scenario that ran through my head from both POVs of Gryff!town and Gryff!scum.

Gryff!town wants to be town cleared without putting in any effort. I really can't see any other motivation to make this post from town POV. We'd all like to be town cleared... However, if there is a cop, and they do investigate Gryff!town - they would have to announce it on D2 for the rest of us to actually know anything. Which in turn risks the safety of the cop over one town clear. Are you really town cleared if one person knows it but doesn't say anything to the rest of us? I'm struggling to make something make sense for why a town person would ask for this.

Gryff!scum wants to be town cleared because maybe they have a role that investigates green to a cop and the sooner that information is revealed the easier scum have a path for victory. Or maybe scum have something to counter a cop once they know the cop, and Gryff is fine being a sacrifice to find the cop on D2.

I would think a cop is less likely to claim D2 with a green result on someone. Probably much more likely to claim on D2 if they get red. So I don't see much positive motivation from Gryff!town to think their best course this game is to just ask the cop to look at him.
So did you miss the part where I said I'm guessing it isn't a softclaim

It comes from Shirou who has been ahitposting for the majority of the day

I don't believe Shirou is cop/gs, I think Shirou is just shitposting
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:56 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Also, just as a fair reminder, I haven't played this game in four to five years. I'm rusty and liable to not remember everything mechanic and strategy properly

I'll also openly admit: I've always believed I completely suck at this game, and I openly prefer playing scum because it's more fun. In my heyday at the very least I was a lot better playing scum than town, though whether that comes down to skill or luck is beyond my knowing.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:57 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 508, Taly wrote:
Shirou
is shitposting? We reading the same game?

Also I just read the implication of a claim and do not think it is productive to speculate its validity right now.

I also don't think it's ever wise for town to want to get checked because it removes agency for town PR to actually discern the alignment of a more null read.

Same issue I had with
Geraint
Did... Did you not read the first half of their posts?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 am

Post by GamerGryff »

FYI I'll be playing catch-up from what I missed from the last few days when I get home this afternoon. I'm hanging out with my friend who needs company for a couple of hours.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:23 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Alright, apparently my friend has other stuff to do today, so let's take a quick read - oh.

Andante -
I'm actually starting to think she might be scum. I don't like this constant switching. The people you're voting as of late are the two people who imo have contributed the most for town thus far, Klick and Shirou. That's objectively anti-town to me, and I do not like it.

Kow -
I think this is town, but at the same time, I also think he's a liar... about playing mafia for 15 years. I looked into that thread that red posted, and after thinking about it, I agree with the logic of no lim on D1, and I'll be honest, a lot of his posts at this point seem to be more just deflection of responsibility rather than actual scumposting.

Shirou and Klick -
Both of these seem to be veteran players and have made lots of really good points that I quite like. I wouldn't be surprised if one ended up being scum at some point, but for the time being they've done the most for the town so far.
Show
- One Piece is the GOAT -
- Elma and Wiz are Waifus for Laifus -
- Sora/Joker Main in Smash -
- D.va/Kiriko Simp in Overwatch -
- Pokemon Champ, Dungeon Master, and Voice Actor -
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:25 am

Post by GamerGryff »

For the time being I see Herta/Gamma and Andante as scum. I don't know the third scum, but I'd be willing to bet on one of them so...

VOTE: Andante
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:26 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 547, Andante wrote:
In post 545, GamerGryff wrote: The people you're voting as of late are the two people who imo have contributed the most for town thus far, Klick and Shirou.
What has Shirou contributed?
Go back and read. I'm not going to explain the obvious to you.
In post 548, Andante wrote: VOTE: Gryff
Lmao, quit jumping around, it only makes you look worse.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:28 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 552, Andante wrote:
In post 551, GamerGryff wrote: Lmao, quit jumping around, it only makes you look worse.
we serious right now... that's how you want to talk to me? feels a bit childish.. whatever, see yall later I'm not doing this right now
Not trying to make you look childish, but jumping around makes you look hella sus
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:32 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Andante openly admitted their confidence is just bravado. Combined with this hopping from person to person who calls them or one of their townreads out makes them come off to me as trying to force a wagon considering many people have said they seem as obvtown, and jumping to me specifically considering some people have agreed I'm an easy wagon for scum makes emboldens my conviction in andante scum even more
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:33 am

Post by GamerGryff »

english is hard
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:53 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 559, Andante wrote:
In post 556, GamerGryff wrote: Andante openly admitted their confidence is just bravado. Combined with this hopping from person to person who calls them or one of their townreads out makes them come off to me as trying to force a wagon considering many people have said they seem as obvtown, and jumping to me specifically considering some people have agreed I'm an easy wagon for scum makes emboldens my conviction in andante scum even more
I didn't say it's all fake confidence, and you're trying to say I'm voting you right now cause you're "an easy wagon"??? I'm voting you cause you said Shirou has done the most, like excuse me? also your "it only makes you look worse" comment, like are you serious right now? definitely unecessary.
I'm giving this game my absolute all, trying my best, would you rather I stuck to deathtunneling Kow all day 1? literally go look at any of my past games, it's how I work, I have a thought I run with it, whatever, I have a feeling you're not even gonna read this anyways, and it's best I step away before I say anything further. Wanna rally the troops and vote me out before I return? Do it, I dare you.
Jumping around from one thing to the next does absolutely nothing for town. It's way too impulsive.

And... Rally what troops? I don't put that much effort into trying to convince people, I'm not begging for people to vote what I do. I'm not a leader. I act on my beliefs alone. I take input from others but rarely if ever let that dictate my vote.

You're taking this way too seriously, this isn't a personal attack on you or your character
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:55 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 564, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 559, Andante wrote:
In post 556, GamerGryff wrote: Andante openly admitted their confidence is just bravado. Combined with this hopping from person to person who calls them or one of their townreads out makes them come off to me as trying to force a wagon considering many people have said they seem as obvtown, and jumping to me specifically considering some people have agreed I'm an easy wagon for scum makes emboldens my conviction in andante scum even more
I didn't say it's all fake confidence, and you're trying to say I'm voting you right now cause you're "an easy wagon"??? I'm voting you cause you said Shirou has done the most, like excuse me? also your "it only makes you look worse" comment, like are you serious right now? definitely unecessary.
I'm giving this game my absolute all, trying my best, would you rather I stuck to deathtunneling Kow all day 1? literally go look at any of my past games, it's how I work, I have a thought I run with it, whatever, I have a feeling you're not even gonna read this anyways, and it's best I step away before I say anything further. Wanna rally the troops and vote me out before I return? Do it, I dare you.
Jumping around from one thing to the next does absolutely nothing for town. It's way too impulsive.

And... Rally what troops? I don't put that much effort into trying to convince people, I'm not begging for people to vote what I do. I'm not a leader. I act on my beliefs alone. I take input from others but rarely if ever let that dictate my vote.

You're taking this way too seriously, this isn't a personal attack on you or your character
In addition, you're failure to stick to one thing and constantly jumping from one person to another shows you have no confidence in your own reads
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Get a room you two lmao
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #34) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:38 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 624, Andante wrote: ok hi I'm back! sorry I lost my cool yesterday, I'm just super annoyed with being told I'm maf cause of my playstyle/how my reads jump so fast, like, it's literally how I play? I see something I like, run with it, and that's that, that being said, I'm leaving my vote on Gryff, like Gryff literally keeps going "I'm being pushed cause I'm the easy lim" like excuse me? at first I voted you cause you said Shirou has done the most here, and then you're SRing me cause of playstyle, and not actually anything I've said here.
And then I made a comment about rallying the troops to vote me and you were just like "nah, I'm not gonna try" Like, if you sr someone enough to vote them, shouldn't you be trying to convince others to vote the person who is "for sure scum" otherwise, what's the point? Oh wait, when your "case" isn't actually based on anything other than "she flips her vote too fast" you don't exactly have a case
anyways, whatever. that is behind us!

ooh Haschel slot is Fire? nice nice! I can't read Fire though, so that's fun, he has like no reads, but called me scum, feels bad man.

I think Herta might be partners with Gryff, Herta doesn't really interact with Gryff at all and has Gryff in the "fine to eliminate" pool, Gryff also barely interacts with Herta and gave a weird read in 224 with exactly 1 scum in herta/gamma and really hasn't said much about herta, which I find interesting it goes both ways.
So we have Herta/Gryff, and another out there somewhere,
Klick, I don't think can be partners with Gryff, but could be with Herta, I think Klick has been sounding nice lately, but I love when people are nice to me, so I'm blinded right now!! KLICK, I SHALL DEFEND YOU WITH MY LIFE (for day 1) I wanna keep Klick around please!

hmmm I don't think Gamma fits as partners with Gryff, Herta could fit with Gamma, I don't feel strongly about this though

Taly could fit with Gryff, and Taly fits with Herta pretty well, none of the interactions here are really significant, barely interact.

Penguin... I really don't even think he's scum here, however, if he is, it's definitely with Gryff, I feel most confident of these 2 being teamed, cause the ISO is like "I'm talking to Gryff and only Gryff to give content" ahhh I really like these 2 being teamed, it fits pretty nicely, but I don't SR Penguin, I want to say this is for sure town penguin, he has too many words to be scum, right? Penguin readers where you at? Penguin!Town is my single most confident read here, but my head is like "Just look at Penguin and Gryff interactions..." and idk why but now I'm thinking of Datisi and this feels like what he'd do as scum, and like, it's this! Penguin isn't datisi though, ok goodbye yall my brain is currently broken.

like, yeah my brain is broken, but here's the summary we have a scum team of Gryff/Herta/Someone, now, there's a bunch of other people who just don't have interactions with like anyone, meaning scum could very easily be in there, and any number of them, it scares me how Herta like fits with anyone, so that probably means herta is with no one, hmmm

tldr: a bunch of thoughts, I started thinking and going on a tangent lol I still want Gryff voted out! ty! oh and can anyone tell me I'm not crazy for thinking Penguin town? he does a lot more gifs/joking around as scum, and is actually giving thoughts, thus I'm thinking he's town, but for whatever reason now I'm thinking he's Gryff's partner, which could also go with how he's pushing for Klick so much

ahhhhhhh lmaooo I did not intend to break my brain this morning, but yall be confusing!
First, I said I was an easy Lim one time, I don't know where you're getting me trying to push that.

Second, yes, I do SR you, but why should I bother pushing that when everyone has you pegged as town? I don't have hard evidence on D1.

Third, being nice isn't a good reason to town read someone. You can be super friendly and still be scum. Honestly speaking that seems to me like the main reason people are calling you town, seeing as you're so... Boisterous.

Fourth, I have had zilch interaction with Hert because absolutely nothing he's said since my readslist has ignited anything in me to bother interacting with him. Same with penguin since all he does is post single sentences that are primarily fluff or answers to questions others asked. You haven't talked much to other players but I don't think you're scum because you clearly favorite talking to certain players.

Fifth, I think you really need to take a chill pill. You still seem to be upset at me for something that clearly wasn't meant as a slight at you? You're letting your emotions ride on your shoulder.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (isolation #35) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:52 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Shirou you're too smart to say I'm scum, get off the wagon
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #36) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:13 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 642, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 640, Firebringer wrote:
In post 638, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 637, GamerGryff wrote: Shirou you're too smart to say I'm scum, get off the wagon
wat

why do u think i'm smart
shirou being more sus
I think Gryff is more sus there
The weird appeal to…ego, I guess, doesn’t come across as something Town would need to post.
Appeal to ego? What are you on about that was an obvious shitpost because I'm out with my friend and don't have the time to look at this thread seriously right now
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (isolation #37) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:19 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 648, Lazy Shirou wrote: it can come from town but i don't think gryff should have the image of me as "good"

i feel like he may be scum that i caught early on and that's why he assumes i'm "smart" idk
If I was scum I would try to discredit you. I don't have an ego about myself as scum

I mentioned before I don't consider myself to be particularly good at mafia either, and that's not even factoring in that haven't played in like half a decade.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #38) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:03 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 703, Klick wrote: Gryff is a distraction from Gamma, she's open-wolfing but without doing enough to attract the thread's overall attention
Gamma's vote on Gryff is so weak she's trying not to disturb the balance
It's been awhile, so if you don't mind explaining since I'm out of the house

What does wolfing mean again
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #39) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 628, Kowahbunga wrote: VOTE: Gryff
So why is no one questioning why Kow hopped on my wagon without saying anything
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #40) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 707, Herta wrote:
In post 706, GamerGryff wrote:
Scummy question.
Nah, just posing a genuine question, though I assume I know the answer - because everyone thinks Kow is just sick of this day and wants to get it over with.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #41) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 709, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 708, GamerGryff wrote:
Scummy question.
Nah, just posing a genuine question, though I assume I know the answer - because everyone thinks Kow is just sick of this day and wants to get it over with.
Would you say that you town read me for being sick of this day and wanting to get it over with or you scum read me for it?
Neither particularly considering you've done nothing but complain all day, so this isn't a change in behavior
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

AtE incoming, for realz, yo.

This is my first game back in 5 years, and ya'll wanna vote me out day 1. How am I suppose to get my sea legs back if ya'll don't let me play? It's day one and ya'll are way overthinking the shit I say. Seriously.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #43) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:49 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 720, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 716, GamerGryff wrote: AtE incoming, for realz, yo.

This is my first game back in 5 years, and ya'll wanna vote me out day 1. How am I suppose to get my sea legs back if ya'll don't let me play? It's day one and ya'll are way overthinking the shit I say. Seriously.
If you’re willing to a) vote Firebringer and b) do it with me, that’s certainly on the table
I'm willing to negotiate but you gotta get your vote off me first
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #44) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 717, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 708, GamerGryff wrote:
Scummy question.
I think Gryff knows my alignment from these two posts. So he is scum.

His AtE is weak too because there's always another game to join.
I 'inned to my first game in years over a month ago and that game still hasn't even started, so no, there isn't always another game to join
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (isolation #45) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 718, redFF wrote:
In post 716, GamerGryff wrote: AtE incoming, for realz, yo.

bad post!
Way overthinking shit, as is everyone else
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (isolation #46) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Screw it, I'm just gonna say it. If you wanna vote me out, I don't care anymore.

I came back because I missed this game, but it seems the same thing that made me leave in the first place is here too. You can't judge every player the same. I'm old. I'm rusty, I work two jobs and can barely make it one day fully conscious anymore. I've never been good at this game, but I like playing. But I was always first on chopping block because nobody likes my style of play. And yes, I don't have a lot to say Day 1 because it's Day fucking 1. You can't gleam much from that, and surprise surprise, people look for an easy wagon. When you're down two townies tomorrow because you voted me out, would it be worth it?

I should've never come back. The mental stress of this is too much for me to handle. Maybe I just longed for the simpler days, before the endless bore of the daily grind, before the incessant cyberbullying I've suffered that almost made me a shut-in. Maybe I just wanted to relive the innocence of my youth. I've always sucked at this, but I do what I can. But I don't have the time or patience to wait around a month for another game. You all get to play together all the time, that much is obvious. This was my way of testing the waters of whether it was worth it to come back, but as always, I get the short end of the stick. I've always been easy pickings for scum to push a mislim on me, because I'm not good at the game. I wanted a little more excitement in my life, but maybe I'm not meant to have it.

Intent to hammer in 16 hours
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (isolation #47) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 725, Herta wrote: This is certainly not a friendly place to play, but there are other mafia sites that are. So don't give up on the game if you like it.
I don't have the energy to try and look for somewhere else. I barely function from a day-to-day basis as is, this place is the only place I knew where I genuinely had fun playing the game and where I wasn't judged for being myself. But eventually it became way too frustrating when you suck. I thought maybe I'd had gotten better at reading people as my life marched on but I suppose that only works when you have to look at them face-to-face.

Life is hard enough for me without this stress. Being the emotional support for someone who self-sabotages constantly can be just as tiring as working a 40-hour week. I needed the levity, but I guess I looked in the wrong spot.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (isolation #48) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Heh, but hey, you guys aren't the therapist I need. I shouldn't dump that baggage on you. Always been a problem I struggle with, along with getting frustrated when no one listens. I'm usually pretty decent at hiding that, but when I've hit my limit it just comes spillin' on out.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (isolation #49) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:42 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 733, Firebringer wrote: some people take games too seriously.

if u aren't here to joke and have fun why play
Whether I like it or not, I've always been annoyingly competitive. I can't stand it when I'm not good at something. It's a reason I refuse to play fighting games with other people.

Sorry. I genuinely do want to have fun.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (isolation #50) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 731, Klick wrote: Don't think that you're bad. At its core this game is about being able to read people and influence people. I suck at the second bit but am pretty good at the first bit and I get on alright.

When I first came on the site I was constantly ignored and eliminated for being a VI over, and over, and over again. People were horrible to me. Part of the problem was that I was literally 13 and still figuring a lot of things out. But there was a big problem with people being stuck in their own perspectives.

Tge site is in a better place for that right now that I've ever seen it. You seem to have the foundations in a good place for being able to ACTUALLY read people well. So I think it'd be really cool if you stuck around.
I wasn't quite as young as you when I joined (15), and I definitely think that was a part of it, but I also think there was my failure to latch on to the core concepts of the game, as you say, reading and influencing. I recall influencing another player when I was a vet in a newbie game using friendliness and obliviousness to my advantage, and that was about the only times I ever ended up winning as scum. Maybe three times total? I'm not quite sure. But as for town? I guess my failure to accept that I wasn't very good at reading people made me try to project an air of actually knowing what the hell I was doing, even though, as a kid, I genuinely had no idea what that was.

Come to think of it... I think I remember seeing your name around from time to time, but I don't think we ever interacted.

I'm going to go attempt to sleep, though my chronic insomnia means I'll be staying up looking at my phone for another hour. See you all in the morning before I get to my job.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 736, Firebringer wrote: u can be competitive and not care about getting elimmed tho.
if i were u i would be trying to sort who on ur wagon is scum motivated instead of getting frustrated that there is a wagon on u.

or just laugh at the stupidity of any arguments that ur scum.
theres plenty of options available. blowing up is the least healthy for urself and the game.
It's just frustrating that I was so looking forward to playing again, only to get the same treatment that made me leave in the first place.

For what it is worth tho

I genuinely do think andante is scum, in part, because the way she carries herself is pretty close to the way I used to play. But there's also the erraticness, and, not to echo someone else's point, but the fact that she keeps trying to force content out of people. It seems to me like an obvious attempt at trying to seem obvtown.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 738, Firebringer wrote: what was ur old username
With all due respect, I've left that name behind due to some personal painful memories associated with it. I've been a victim of harassment when using that name and similar ones associated with it, so I would prefer that it remains out of sight, out of mind. I know that will seem as though I'm trying to hide my past, but I genuinely do suffer from intrusive thoughts and trauma from my time being referred to as my former name. That's why I made this account, to get away from it, and let the old me die.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (isolation #53) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 741, Firebringer wrote: i think andante is scum too. I think that was my biggest point against andante is that her posting feels forceful.

do u think gamma is town?

p-edit - okay won't pry further
I'm starting to have my misgivings on Gamma. I was initially a townlean though with the caveat of Herta being town making her suspicious, though I'll say her jumping on my wagon with basically no fanfare the moment that steam for theirs left is very scummy behavior. Kow would be in the same boat if he wasn't seriously just over this far worse than me, haha.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:04 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Honestly speaking I think I had more fun modding games back then rather than playing them due to the aforementioned reasons. There's definitely some nostalgia for my younger days. I remember staying up til the wee hours of the morn reading the games I was in trying (and failing) to actually catch anyone.

I've never been a huge fan of playing town for that reason.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Given what I'm seeing here, I think andante/Gamma are a pretty safe pairing, though I'll admit I have no idea about anyone else.

I will note, I also absolutely do not like red's minimalistic commentary and focusing on hyper-specific (and imo often irrelevant) details
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #56) » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:10 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Shirou was a town read for me though I'm leaning back towards null. I think they're trying to mess with you specifically using your shared past experiences, though whether that's scum behavior or just them playing with you is beyond me.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:52 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Okay, I'm taking a brief break from work for a snack, so I wanna take a minute to think about stuff. The more I think about it, the more I absolutely do not like the devil's deal that Gamma offered me earlier. I'm 100% on the Gamma scum train hear because that's about as obvious wolfing as you can get. They want to take Fire out likely due to him being extremely active about hunting, and I'd be surprised if Fire survives the night.

With Gamma as scum I'm going to say my opinion on Herta has went from scumlean to townlean considering I dont see them working together in this case.

I still believe andante is second scum.

As for Fire's potential death by NK, assuming a doctor is here I would recommend they go for him. If that happens though, I don't see a situation where I survive the night either if people see me as an obvtown. So that's a double edged sword. And it'd be pretty frustrating for me. Unless they see another good scumhunter.

Keep an eye on Shirou if he lives through the night. Maybe have someone check him.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:53 am

Post by GamerGryff »

It's possible I'm overthinking it, though it's equally possible my brain is fried from work and nothing I just said makes any sense outside my own brain too, though
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (isolation #59) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:03 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 783, Lazy Shirou wrote: klick defending gryff so hard is kinda creepy though regardless of gryff alignment

i think after Gryff's AtE it was justifiable but if gryff is really town i can't see why you were so sure of it since the *start*

it's difficult for me to understand how you town read his early posts and i think many agree with me given they voted him
Taking a nap for now but what exactly do you mean by creepy
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (isolation #60) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 804, Andante wrote: Isn't gamma sick? Like, I was good with just letting Gamma chill till she felt better, nothing worse than feeling like shit and having to fight for your "life" in the game

(Hope you're starting to feel better Gamma!!!)

I guess Gryff is being given a free pass? Gryff literally said Shirou is one of 2 people doing the most here... SHIROU.. like are we serious? then had 1 post of "omg my first game back I don't wanna die!" and everyone is like "oh no! how dare we vote gryff!!" like, if you don't want to be voted out, do stuff? cause you're just sitting there "andante maf!" like, what? it's not funny, you refuse to answer my "how the heck has shirou done the most in your opinion" but hey, you keep talking about how I'm clearly scum, at least fire is over there giving reasoning, you're just like "omg yall, andante is so obviously scum" over and over, like, that's not playing the game?
I'm man enough to admit I might have overestimated Shirou's contributions

But that doesn't mean I don't agree with the fact you're trying very hard to force content on D1, which isn't helpful.

Though like I said earlier, my scumdar is pinged based on the way you've been acting being very similar to my own experiences as scum, though I openly admit I've never played with you, so I have no knowledge on whether this is just your normal behavior or how good you are at potentially hiding it. It's rubbing me the wrong way, and that's why I'm going with my gut feeling on your alignment

Honestly at this point I wonder how much of your scumreading me is just you not liking me for some reason..?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #61) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 817, Andante wrote:
In post 813, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 806, Andante wrote: Can we lim Herta instead of Gamma? por favor
Andante
do you not think is tunnelling on Gryff? So much so that your scum reads of other players like Gamma and Herta are based on their likeliness to be scum partners with Gryff, who may I remind you is not confirmed scum.

Skews yours reads of other players until we know what Gryff flips. Why were you so happy to change off Gryff so quickly to Herta when in 624 it was all Gryff?
Gryff is scum, no freaking chance they're town here, I also know yall all refuse to lim Gryff here cause ATE=Town so whatever, Herta is a really good next option, not sure how you're shocked I want herta here
How am I scum
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:57 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 827, Andante wrote:
In post 815, GamerGryff wrote: , my scumdar is pinged based on the way you've been acting being very similar to my own experiences as scum, though I openly admit I've never played with you, so I have no knowledge on whether this is just your normal behavior or how good you are at potentially hiding it
also, when I'm here it's "I have no idea your playstyle, so I'm not super confident in this" but when I'm not here, it's literally "andante is scum"

and you wonder why I'm locked on to my sr of you? nothing you're doing changes my mind
Well lucky for you after this game you'll never deal with me again, because I won't be joining games with you in the future even if I stick around
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 831, Andante wrote:
In post 826, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 817, Andante wrote:
In post 813, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 806, Andante wrote: Can we lim Herta instead of Gamma? por favor
Andante
do you not think is tunnelling on Gryff? So much so that your scum reads of other players like Gamma and Herta are based on their likeliness to be scum partners with Gryff, who may I remind you is not confirmed scum.

Skews yours reads of other players until we know what Gryff flips. Why were you so happy to change off Gryff so quickly to Herta when in 624 it was all Gryff?
Gryff is scum, no freaking chance they're town here, I also know yall all refuse to lim Gryff here cause ATE=Town so whatever, Herta is a really good next option, not sure how you're shocked I want herta here
How am I scum
You're not town, and I've told people over and over why I sr you, I can ask you the same question and your answer is literally "how you play is scummy" at least for me I can point to game related stuff you've said
I'm scum because I'm not town, got it
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (isolation #64) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 843, Andante wrote:
In post 834, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 827, Andante wrote:
In post 815, GamerGryff wrote: , my scumdar is pinged based on the way you've been acting being very similar to my own experiences as scum, though I openly admit I've never played with you, so I have no knowledge on whether this is just your normal behavior or how good you are at potentially hiding it
also, when I'm here it's "I have no idea your playstyle, so I'm not super confident in this" but when I'm not here, it's literally "andante is scum"

and you wonder why I'm locked on to my sr of you? nothing you're doing changes my mind
Well lucky for you after this game you'll never deal with me again, because I won't be joining games with you in the future even if I stick around
damn.. I'm sorry!!! I didn't mean to upset you!!!
It's fine, just, sheesh, the way you're speaking reads to me like you're actively angry. If I made you upset for some reason, I'm sorry
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (isolation #65) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 861, redFF wrote: altho gryff did say they prefer playing scum right?

so it could be a devious manipulative AtE masterclass

but i doubt it from his other posting
I can confirm I did in fact say that because I think town is

A. Harder to play
B. Boring

That said, I'm not good enough to do that lmao, I suck at this game, always have

I'm a damn good mod tho, well, when the weather doesn't knock out my power
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (isolation #66) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 877, Firebringer wrote: theres also like an unspoken word about not bringing ur personal life problems into the game. so if u have personal problems going on, go deal with that instead of playing this game.

this is a game for fun. if ur not having fun and are just here to vent out any personal problems going on, ur better of not playing it cause ur ruining the fun for everyone including urself.

i don't want to have to repeat this anymore times in this game.
I feel bad that I did this
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (isolation #67) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

UNVOTE:

I don't recall Gamma being toxic back in the day but I could be wrong.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (isolation #68) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 887, redFF wrote:
In post 884, GamerGryff wrote: UNVOTE:

I don't recall Gamma being toxic back in the day but I could be wrong.
who were u voting? andante? why the unvote?
I was voting andante. Just figured there's no point in trying to push my thoughts on them right now since everyone else seems convinced that they're town and Gamma's what we're focusing on right now. I'd like to hear andante's thoughts on people beyond myself/Herta, and being more amicable towards them is more likely to get results than trying (and failing) to pressure.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #69) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 912, Andante wrote: I gave my reasons I think gryff is scum, it's day 1, how strong of a case on anyone are you expecting? your "case" on me is just "you're forcing content" ok? I have more than twice the posts of half the people here, almost every post is my thoughts, I can't wait to hear the strong scum case on me. again, IT IS DAY 1. SCUM COULD LITERALLY HARDCLAIM HERE AND WE STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE A SOLID CASE, What info is there? meta? want me to go cite meta? build up a case? yeah no.
So... you're admitting that your read on me isn't based on anything substantial due to it being D1?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #70) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 927, Andante wrote:
In post 920, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 912, Andante wrote: I gave my reasons I think gryff is scum, it's day 1, how strong of a case on anyone are you expecting? your "case" on me is just "you're forcing content" ok? I have more than twice the posts of half the people here, almost every post is my thoughts, I can't wait to hear the strong scum case on me. again, IT IS DAY 1. SCUM COULD LITERALLY HARDCLAIM HERE AND WE STILL WON'T BE ABLE TO HAVE A SOLID CASE, What info is there? meta? want me to go cite meta? build up a case? yeah no.
So... you're admitting that your read on me isn't based on anything substantial due to it being D1?
how many times am I saying this right now? I said, ever since you said shirou had done the most, then preferred to go after me than explain it, and now you're claiming you overstated the shirou thing, like, all I tried to do was ask you a simple question, then you went on the offense and were all "NO! DOWN WITH ANDANTE!" yeah, you've been locked into my SRs for a legit reason, not sure how you now think it was for no reason?
Fire said it wasn't a case, IT IS LITERALLY DAY 1, not sure how fire expects giant case??
For the day I said that initially, Shirou was actively solving and scumhunting before going back to smaller posts and shitposting
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #963 (isolation #71) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 956, Kowahbunga wrote: VOTE: gamma
Even despite the fact that he's been impatient with this day, this could be a scum hammer

Did he claim intent?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (isolation #72) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

I will say I do believe Gamma was the scummiest of all so, good job everyone

GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (isolation #73) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 966, redFF wrote:
In post 965, GamerGryff wrote: I will say I do believe Gamma was the scummiest of all so, good job everyone

huh?
Didn't Kow hammer?

I'm pre-emptively patting us on the back for catching scum
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (isolation #74) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

(In other words I'm just trying to be funny while we wait for VC and day end)
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #75) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 970, redFF wrote:
In post 968, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 965, GamerGryff wrote: I will say I do believe Gamma was the scummiest of all so, good job everyone

huh?
Didn't Kow hammer?

"us" were u on the wagon?

I was not because that would've been hammer

By chance have you seen Thor Ragnorak? The post-credits scene? I'm doing that bit
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (isolation #76) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 974, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 972, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 970, redFF wrote:
In post 968, GamerGryff wrote:

huh?
Didn't Kow hammer?

"us" were u on the wagon?

I was not because that would've been hammer

By chance have you seen Thor Ragnorak? The post-credits scene? I'm doing that bit
Why didn't you want to hammer scum?
Because you already said you were going to lad
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (isolation #77) » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

You could very easily be scum hammering your buddy to look town but ok
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (isolation #78) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:55 am

Post by GamerGryff »

VOTE: andante

If I was scum and this was town I would've killed this immediately since everyone kept saying obvtown so it reads as suspicious they're still here

FYI it's the day I do both jobs so I prolly won't be back til very late if at all today
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (isolation #79) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:17 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1023, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1021, GamerGryff wrote: VOTE: andante

If I was scum and this was town I would've killed this immediately since everyone kept saying obvtown so it reads as suspicious they're still here

FYI it's the day I do both jobs so I prolly won't be back til very late if at all today
but...you aren't scum so even if this was town...how does that logic track?

i agree with the second part though I'm not sure everyone was obvtown...pretty sure warmpuppy was pretty vocal about scum!andante
My point is that from my perspective this would've been the perfect kill for scum, ergo, since she's not dead, she's scum
In post 1024, Klick wrote: Well... with all due respect, you're wrong.

My two strongest townreads ARE Gryff and Kowah at the moment, and I think them being new to MS has a lot to do with WHY those townreads have developed. I feel fairly confident in my ability to read people when they're being people and not gamers trying to approach Mafia in accordance to the MS site meta. I have a history of having rather accurate reads on players who are either new to the community, or older but not trying particularly hard. Or if you don't want to hear me talking about my read accuracy, I can at least back up the fact that I tend to express confident reads on newer players.

The thing you are scumreading is a thing that I do as town. I would probably do it as scum as well. But it definitely happens as town.
I'm actually not new, I'm old, rusty, and have never been good so I might as well be but I'm not new, I'm an old fart who joined iirc sometime in the early 2010s on my old main, course, I was a kid then and I'm not now

Where was I going with this?
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (isolation #80) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:18 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1028, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1021, GamerGryff wrote: VOTE: andante

ummm andante was def not obvtown yesterday.
i don't even think andante is strong town but im reconsidering it based on my wrong solve yesterday.

this is low effort thinking and i don't even think its right. I think only 2 people had andante as "obvtown"?
Oh I 100% andante is not obvtown

Maybe I'm misremembering but it feels like a lot of people were calling her obvtown

Or maybe it was just that the same people were saying it over and over, I don't have the time to check right now
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #81) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:40 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1161, PenguinPower wrote: oh, i'm still not taking questions.
This does literally nothing for town, if you're not willing to at least put in the effort to try and scumhunt and discuss, you're just dead weight
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (isolation #82) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:44 am

Post by GamerGryff »

Honestly

VOTE: Penguin

For not participating
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (isolation #83) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:09 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1174, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1172, redFF wrote:
In post 1171, GamerGryff wrote: Honestly

VOTE: Penguin

For not participating
huh?
He thinks because I won't answer a specific line of questions I am not participating.
You're not contributing anything of value. You barely talk at all

This is inherently anti town behavior

Quit trying to just skate on by
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (isolation #84) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1192, redFF wrote: Andante i def agree that gryff was being weird post hammer. At the time my thoughts were if gamma flips scum then gryff is likely scum too. I will reread woth the perspective of the gamma town flip and i encourage others to as gryff was actinf strange for sure.

I was being weird post hammer because I decided to be silly and let my hair down a little bit

ok

Humor is the way I cope with stress even if it's cringe
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (isolation #85) » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:33 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1273, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1271, Lazy Shirou wrote: nahh

on second thought he made the effort to do that super funny video but isn't really pushing us back here

VOTE: herta~

i'm more unsure of herta being the scum but for now i'll sit here for a bit more
I'll move over if you can get one more person to otherwise I'm fairly happy where I'm at
I'll switch over when you start contributing more than aloof observations and single-sentence posts
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (isolation #86) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1342, Andante wrote:
In post 1166, GamerGryff wrote:
This does literally nothing for town, if you're not willing to at least put in the effort to try and scumhunt and discuss, you're just dead weight
I mean, why not just ignore? Or start talking about either the klick or gerain posts before this?

And yall wonder why I'm still set on Gryff!scum, like, that's my 1 read this game that I'm confident is correct. cause a post like this, it's solely to call penguin deadweight, like, why would you want to do that? if you were town, you'd probably go more of the path of "what are your reads looking like" instead of this "you're bad" angle

ok, I'm done reading, does anyone wanna share anything towny Gryff has done? otherwise, I want gryff lim. please and ty. yall can thank me later for being the mvp
How is what you're doing any different

All you've done since midday yesterday is harp on how much you think I'm scum and ask everyone about their opinions on me

It's almost kinda creepy
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (isolation #87) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1352, PenguinPower wrote: iso his participation today (and even yesterday)

I don't abide by hypocrites who ate'd their way out of a yeet
It's peak time of the year at my main job, I spend 9 hours a day looking at a computer screen, and sometimes I'm just not able to bring myself to come here after an extremely stressful day
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (isolation #88) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1362, redFF wrote: yea, that post has to be genuine frustration but maybe the frustration was as scum being caught day 1 and he was able to channel it into that post
you grossely overestimate my ability to channel my frustration productively
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (isolation #89) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1365, Andante wrote:
I mean, why not just ignore? Or start talking about either the klick or gerain posts before this?

And yall wonder why I'm still set on Gryff!scum, like, that's my 1 read this game that I'm confident is correct. cause a post like this, it's solely to call penguin deadweight, like, why would you want to do that? if you were town, you'd probably go more of the path of "what are your reads looking like" instead of this "you're bad" angle

ok, I'm done reading, does anyone wanna share anything towny Gryff has done? otherwise, I want gryff lim. please and ty. yall can thank me later for being the mvp
like, as I just said, Klick/gerain had just said stuff worth talking about/calling out, yet Gryff decided to go for penguin here?
I'm telling yall, I'm not actively trying to scum case Gryff right now, this finding was just when I was skimming (I gave up on back reading)
Go back to this Gryff post if you have any doubts, and scroll up to the top of the page, stop when you hit this post, it doesn't read like gryff is trying to scum hunt
There's a simple reason for that

I'm not trying to scum hunt because I'm so overswamped by my jobs and social obligations right now that I don't have the mental or emotional energy to read this topic beyond skimming

I admit I'm trying to scrape by today, but that doesn't mean I'm not still forming opinions by what others are saying
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (isolation #90) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

By the by I never thought about it in the moment since I misplaced it but someone mentioned role madness earlier and I can confirm that's not the case
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (isolation #91) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1374, Andante wrote:
In post 1371, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 1365, Andante wrote:

like, as I just said, Klick/gerain had just said stuff worth talking about/calling out, yet Gryff decided to go for penguin here?
I'm telling yall, I'm not actively trying to scum case Gryff right now, this finding was just when I was skimming (I gave up on back reading)
Go back to this Gryff post if you have any doubts, and scroll up to the top of the page, stop when you hit this post, it doesn't read like gryff is trying to scum hunt
There's a simple reason for that

I'm not trying to scum hunt because I'm so overswamped by my jobs and social obligations right now that I don't have the mental or emotional energy to read this topic beyond skimming

I admit I'm trying to scrape by today, but that doesn't mean I'm not still forming opinions by what others are saying
If you're just trying to scrape by, why would you want to pick a fight with someone? Like, if you're not going to scumhunt, at least don't stop others from doing so, I like how a bunch of these posts are just you going "I'm busy!!!" like yeah, we literally all are, I can give yall the play by play of my life this past week, but then it's like, who cares, I'd rather keep my talk game related, sure I sprinkle RL stuff in, it's who I am lol

I just find this odd, like, all D2 I've basically just went "I'm busy, I'll try later" but now, only after votes are flying your way, you're going "I'm so busy, just trying to scrape by" uhhh none of your actions this day really say that. idk, I'm getting annoyed at the "busy as an excuse" after you literally just yelled at me for not being here, yet I've still managed to come up with more thoughts, (you ignored the gerain/klick thoughts) and you're just like "I see what you're saying... not my fault I'm busy" like what? being busy, and derailing the thread are 2 completely different things?

I'm happy leaving my vote here
I don't know where you think I'm yelling at you over, I'm completely calm, and all I said was that you've been harping on me a lot, not that you haven't done anything

And for the record, I wasn't picking a fight with anyone, I want penguin to talk because he's so aloof I can't get a read on him
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (isolation #92) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1378, Andante wrote:
In post 1348, GamerGryff wrote: How is what you're doing any different
lmaooo right, cause this was super friendly? You're calm right now? don't care about us voting you?
Not particularly. I just had one of the worst days at work since I started my new job and frankly, all I want to do is sleep

But I can't
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (isolation #93) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

lmaooo right, cause this was super friendly? You're calm right now? don't care about us voting you?
I never entered this game with intent to be friendly, I only have so much energy for being nice and that's used up on my normal life

That said if it's any consolation when I played scum back in the day I would try to be very buddy buddy with everybody

But I haven't played scum since like 2015 so who knows how I'd be now
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (isolation #94) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

By the by I don't try to be rude, I'm being blunt, if it comes off to you as rude then I feel bad and I apologize
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #95) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1383, redFF wrote:
In post 1380, GamerGryff wrote:
I never entered this game with intent to be friendly, I only have so much energy for being nice and that's used up on my normal life

That said if it's any consolation when I played scum back in the day I would try to be very buddy buddy with everybody

But I haven't played scum since like 2015 so who knows how I'd be now
can you share some previous games? It's hard to just take your word for this, otherwise its just citing meta that no one can check up on
I really wish I could, and I 100% understand why it's hard to just take my word, but I genuinely do not want this account connected to my old one in any way due to past trauma. I've lived a life I wish I could take back, trusted too many people who ended up hurting me, and I just don't want my old handle to be associated with my new one. I hope you'll understand.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (isolation #96) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1382, Andante wrote: oh no! sorry!! I hope tomorrow at work is better!!!
UNVOTE:
not a TR here, but I say, have less stressful day tomorrow! Less stress here might make work less stressful?
(I'll be revoting later)

what if we no lim forever, and scum agree to no kill, and then the game ends in a draw and everyone lives happily ever after? no death!
It's just really obnoxious when halfway through your workday the boss dumps twice the amount of work you started with on you with no warning

I will try to not have as crappy of one tomorrow, I'm going to see that new Puss in Boots movie after work so maybe that'll clear my head a bit
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (isolation #97) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:21 am

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1451, Lazy Shirou wrote: this wagon has risen up so fast again tho

are u guys busing or is this really just that easy of a limbait for scum

deep questions

p-edit: fair i think i'm too curious about his flip even though it's curious how his wagon got close to lim so quickly on both days

p-edit 2: i went back to check votecount and i think it's E-1, so Gryff should claim.

VOTE: Gryff
I already did. Red is 100% correct that my post was a softclaim. Unless this is a game where role pms are lies, in which case I have no idea what my actual role would be in that case

Keep an eye on Shirou and andante. Red and Penguin too.

Intent to hammer after I get home tonight
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1484 (isolation #98) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

Y'all will be sorry.
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (isolation #99) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1479, geraintm wrote:
In post 1476, Herta wrote: I was going to give him time to answer my questions.
It felt like they had given up and we weren't going to get anything useful out of them today, and the weirdness of the self hammer offer was not good, there was nothing they could have said that wouldn't have resulted in their elimination today so I was happy to get it over with. See you tomorrow :)
This is a huge load of bs. geraint is 100% scum

Keep an eye on andante and Shirou
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (isolation #100) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1448, PenguinPower wrote: no - we are not giving him any more time.

he can have fun in the dead pt

As if, I won't be participating further, have fun
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1487 (isolation #101) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1483, Klick wrote:
In post 1479, geraintm wrote:
In post 1476, Herta wrote: I was going to give him time to answer my questions.
It felt like they had given up and we weren't going to get anything useful out of them today, and the weirdness of the self hammer offer was not good, there was nothing they could have said that wouldn't have resulted in their elimination today so I was happy to get it over with. See you tomorrow :)
Gryff was far from a given elimination today. This is an excuse for hammering when you're the most viable counterwagon.
As much as I don't want to say you're wrong, Klick, as I said yesterday, scum always use me as an easy mislim.

As for the person asking when I'd be home, if you'd actually bothered to read my posts, I mentioned I was going to see a movie after work to destress from my job

I went to go see it, and I'm home now
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1488 (isolation #102) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by GamerGryff »

In post 1482, Klick wrote:
In post 1469, Herta wrote:
In post 1466, GamerGryff wrote:
In post 1451, Lazy Shirou wrote: this wagon has risen up so fast again tho

are u guys busing or is this really just that easy of a limbait for scum

deep questions

p-edit: fair i think i'm too curious about his flip even though it's curious how his wagon got close to lim so quickly on both days

p-edit 2: i went back to check votecount and i think it's E-1, so Gryff should claim.

VOTE: Gryff
I already did. Red is 100% correct that my post was a softclaim. Unless this is a game where role pms are lies, in which case I have no idea what my actual role would be in that case

Keep an eye on Shirou and andante. Red and Penguin too.

Intent to hammer after I get home tonight
A townie wouldn't hammer themselves let alone threaten to.
I can cite you dozens of examples otherwise
How you want townies to play /=/ how townies actually play
This? This is good to take to heart

Reminder that

1. I've never claimed to be good at this game
2. I haven't played in years

Everyone plays differently
GamerGryff
GamerGryff
He/They
Goon
GamerGryff