Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Datisi »

i think dan has become one of my "i would be really sad if this person were scum" reads
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 875, Datisi wrote: i think dan has become one of my "i would be really sad if this person were scum" reads
were we reading the same posts
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:40 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 876, Ausuka wrote:
In post 875, Datisi wrote: i think dan has become one of my "i would be really sad if this person were scum" reads
I don't think this is warranted
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

(i totally failed to actually convey this, but i'd like you to explain why you're thinking that)
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 877, furtiveglance wrote:
?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:44 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 876, Ausuka wrote: were we reading the same posts
Your take would be appreciated as well so we can move on past vibes
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't know, were we

is goodposting because i genuinely do not understand why anyone is townreading unowen or enchant, i'm actively scumreading unowen and furtive who is one of those pushing enchant but the case is "lol meta but i'm not linking anything lole" and it's a good observation. the only read of his that i'm meh on is the read on you, but i can understand it as my townread on you heavily relies on knowing your personality out of game

what is your issue with him
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:50 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean I am not being frivolous I actually want to know why datisi thought that

pedit: hmm idk

My main issue with it is that all of his scumreads are really easy and he claims to be townreading literally everyone outside of that group which i find to be pretty implausible at this stage of the game. I also think the implication that this is literally the scumteam is pretty wild during the middle of d1. Is your reason for townreading it just that you don't townread unowen or enchant?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 879, Ausuka wrote:
In post 877, furtiveglance wrote:
?
To be precise, I don't think Datisi's strong TR of Dan is warranted
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 882, Ausuka wrote: My main issue with it is that all of his scumreads are really easy and he claims to be townreading literally everyone outside of that group which i find to be pretty implausible at this stage of the game. I also think the implication that this is literally the scumteam is pretty wild during the middle of d1. Is your reason for townreading it just that you don't townread unowen or enchant?
no, as i said i don't even agree with all of those reads. this kinda *overarching take* on the game is something that i see come from town much more often than scum. and it's a promise for later effort that he will have to deliver on if he's scum. and also like... those people are supported by pooky, who's being pretty loud about it. if dan is scum are those are townies he's trying to shut out, i don't get why'd he support pooky while also opposing his choices like this.

i think "i have some sort of townread on a lot of people" is a townie thought process because i go through it a lot in some early games

and i don't think his scumreads are easy. maybe scumread on your slot could be considered easy, but both enchant and unowen have been collectively town to arguably controversial, and i don't remember anyone scumreading sleepykrew. why do you consider these scumreads easy?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 883, furtiveglance wrote: To be precise, I don't think Datisi's strong TR of Dan is warranted
okay
what does that mean for my alignemnt
for dan's alignment
are you gonna actually do something with it or are you just throwing shade from the sidelines without engaging
~M
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:57 am

Post by ActionDan »

Unsure what makes a scumread easy. I'd think it'd be a combination of low content / low volume posting. Nono, Herta, Cakez off the top of my head would also match that description yet I don't scumread them. I also think there is a correlation anyway between people who post high volume high signal to noise content like GL / Bingle to towniness. I've read their posts for understanding and like them, they are scumhunting and making decent sense while doing it.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 885, Datisi wrote:
In post 883, furtiveglance wrote: To be precise, I don't think Datisi's strong TR of Dan is warranted
okay
what does that mean for my alignemnt
for dan's alignment
are you gonna actually do something with it or are you just throwing shade from the sidelines without engaging
It could mean anything. But yes, for now, I'm just expressing my views
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 884, Datisi wrote:
In post 882, Ausuka wrote: My main issue with it is that all of his scumreads are really easy and he claims to be townreading literally everyone outside of that group which i find to be pretty implausible at this stage of the game. I also think the implication that this is literally the scumteam is pretty wild during the middle of d1. Is your reason for townreading it just that you don't townread unowen or enchant?
no, as i said i don't even agree with all of those reads. this kinda *overarching take* on the game is something that i see come from town much more often than scum. and it's a promise for later effort that he will have to deliver on if he's scum. and also like... those people are supported by pooky, who's being pretty loud about it. if dan is scum are those are townies he's trying to shut out, i don't get why'd he support pooky while also opposing his choices like this.

i think "i have some sort of townread on a lot of people" is a townie thought process because i go through it a lot in some early games

and i don't think his scumreads are easy. maybe scumread on your slot could be considered easy, but both enchant and unowen have been collectively town to arguably controversial, and i don't remember anyone scumreading sleepykrew. why do you consider these scumreads easy?
why would his reads as scum revolve around pooky that way

unowen is definitely an easy scumread. i don't think that should be a controversial view. i mean, come on. the others are probably nullreads, or at least he hasn't mentioned them being scum around this. enchant and sk are people who haven't been engaged a lot (and enchant realisitcally won't be) and are unlikely to push back

i really don't think townreading everyone outside that is a town thought process at all? it feels more like he's going through the process of doing things town should do, but it's too clean and doesn't feel real
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 886, ActionDan wrote: Unsure what makes a scumread easy. I'd think it'd be a combination of low content / low volume posting. Nono, Herta, Cakez off the top of my head would also match that description yet I don't scumread them. I also think there is a correlation anyway between people who post high volume high signal to noise content like GL / Bingle to towniness. I've read their posts for understanding and like them, they are scumhunting and making decent sense while doing it.
I don't think herta and cakez would be easy scumreads in the same way, and i don't think they've been particularly low content

And like, you did specifically include nono, so i'm not sure what you're trying to say there
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:07 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 872, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 866, ActionDan wrote:Still really hate your Enchant read Furtive. Please update / fix at my convenience, which is now.
It's an early read. I think you're overreacting.
In post 869, SirCakez wrote:
In post 833, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 831, SirCakez wrote:Treasurer LLD
Sheriff Ausuka
Mayor SleepyKrew
For council Meowth
And obviously Board Bloodbot
I think this is scum making a point of being contrarian
???
Ausuka and meowth were the picks that stood out at the time, although recently more people have voted for meowth.

1) Why are you townreading these two?

2) Did you think Ausuka had a realistic chance of being elected?
1. I've mindmelded on Ausuka for a few things and tbh I don't trust Datisi
meowth feels very engaged and idk I like their tone in a lot of posts, also I feel like this is a pretty common townread?

2. Yeah why not? anyone could be
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:09 am

Post by SirCakez »

this is gonna sound pretty dumb but all the tinfoiling about Datisi coming in burning super hard to get sheriff as a scum move kinda got into my head
like I don't necessarily SR datisi but I didn't wanna vote there today
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 855, BloodB0t wrote: Has anyone endorsed GL?

Looks like mayor is between pooky and SK.
I wanted gl because I think making him choose which joat ability is good for town will make him explain his thought processes in a way that will help me get a better read on him. Dunno if anyone else has made an argument either way, but that’s my two cents.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:12 am

Post by ActionDan »

Ah ok, what thoughts of mine aren't real to you. Which townreads then? I haven't fleshed out all of them in thread, but am available to do so now if you'd like.

Why is it unacceptable for UNOwen to be scumread or more precisely, why shouldn't I scumread him.

Why wouldn't Cakez / Herta be easy scumreads the same way? Herta is low content objectively, most of his posts are filler. Cakez less so.

I find Nono almost pure null. I guess that wasn't clear, whereas Enchant/SK more null scummy.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 878, Ausuka wrote: (i totally failed to actually convey this, but i'd like you to explain why you're thinking that)
I’m glad you asked for this, because I feel the same way as I thought Datisi meant the original post.

Like, I don’t think it’s impossible for Dan to be scum here, but his posting style and contributions make me enjoy his presence in the game and I can admit I’d be reluctant to lim there without a strong reason to.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:21 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Dang I shoulda voted ActionDan. And I wish Bingle was treasurer.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

We can change positions tomorrow right?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 893, ActionDan wrote: Ah ok, what thoughts of mine aren't real to you. Which townreads then? I haven't fleshed out all of them in thread, but am available to do so now if you'd like.

Why is it unacceptable for UNOwen to be scumread or more precisely, why shouldn't I scumread him.

Why wouldn't Cakez / Herta be easy scumreads the same way? Herta is low content objectively, most of his posts are filler. Cakez less so.

I find Nono almost pure null. I guess that wasn't clear, whereas Enchant/SK more null scummy.
I'm on mobile right now so not going to write a wall.

To knock the first two birds with one stone, the thing where you disagreed with the content of the read other people gave on Owen but scumread him anyway for having not posted much rubbed me the wrong way. It feels like something I've seen scum do before - the example that comes most prominently to my mind is Titus in Datisi's café. The fact you didn't comment on my link to the last game I played with him where he was basically the same way just made the read feel more eh. I think there's nothing wrong with scumreading Owen but I am always going to treat pushes on players with limbaity playstyles with more scrutiny.

I just hard disagree with what you're saying about herta and cakes and feels tangential
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Bingle »

I’m mobile right now, but I’ll throw together a reads list later today. If someone is up to busy work I’d appreciate a pseudo vote count.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:27 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 896, furtiveglance wrote: We can change positions tomorrow right?
Yeah, we should start over at election phase after the night phase happens.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”