Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 762, Human wrote:Anyway can't think of anyone other than weuler to vote so
VOTE: Weuler
In post 768, Human wrote:Look there was a massive wagon earlier on weuler but it halted because we wanted time to talk now we have talked do we have any better reads now? I don't think so
In post 782, Human wrote: , we wouldn't get much info from StD either but by meg's logic, I think Wueler is a good Idea sorry I have been a little aggressive and not thinking coming down to the deadline
UNVOTE: Elements
VOTE: Weuler
In post 833, Human wrote:What StD is doing is certainly weird but I still think Weuler is a better bet
In post 929, Human wrote:I was going to ask fugitive why they townread elements but he's only seen the first 10 pages and I too used to townread him but at the moment I am split between weuler and elements and the whole town does not want to get to 5p Elo
In post 976, Human wrote:Probably weuler or elements is one of them might be both can't fully be certain though
In post 980, Human wrote:Anyway I really think weuler is scum there's not really been anything he has posted that gives off town vibes to me
In post 987, Human wrote:Here we go d2 solve at 11pm
Weuler and python
Weuler, has done practically nothing that says town
Python second on StD wagon, accusing everybody, eagerness to discuss PRs and manipulate protectives d1
As far as I can tell Human has been insistent on a scumread of Weuler saying "nothing gives town vibes" but never actually stating a meaningful reason for the scumread which comes off as really dissonant with the level of confidence. I asked him about that read because I'm not sure if there's actual thought there that simply hasn't found its way to the thread to be visible.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:38 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1099, Human wrote:
In post 1096, catboi wrote: The HS/freedom/furtive slot is very very likely scum, IMHO. I think furtive is playing too relaxed and his analysis is incredibly lazy, having seen him in games he's more capable than what he's given here. I also think the previous occupants of the slot weren't very towny.

From my earlier reading of the game I thought Python and Aureal were both kind of obvtown and while I want to double check them to make sure I'm not overlooking them, initial feeling is scum would more likely reside in weuler/human/furtive/black, and right now I've come to weuler town and furtive scum leaving one in human/black most likely
So you say all we have is analysis from a different game and then you use the argument of analysis from another game...
No, I'm saying furtive's reasoning for scumreading Weuler is flimsy - I don't object to the premise of meta-analysis (I do it a lot), I find the way he's arguing it to bepretty empty though.

My own assessment of his meta is pretty surface level, yes - but I think you need to understand the context. I just got into this game, I'm absorbing a lot of information very quickly. I don't really expect my meta read on furtive to be persuasive on its own. My main concern is simply gettin my reads out there. I will happily go into depth to explain furtive's meta when I get them time.

So, again, to be clear I am not objecting to the usage of meta but the fact that furtive is using weuler "seeming more energetic" in another game as his strongest reason to vote someone out on Day 2. Additionally, having looked at the game in question, Newbie 2109, I don't see Weuler's play there as being particularly different to this game (although, again, this is a cursory skim)
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:39 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1098, catboi wrote: Sure, I realize context is valuable over taking posts in isolation but as I'm here right now it's useful for me to gauge perspectives.
In short:
If the STD counterwagon on d1 was scum trying to save scum!Weuler then I'm pretty much just looking for people on the wagon in which case I'm fully expecting a Weuler/catboi game but also acknowledge the possibility of a Weuler/Black game.
If Weuler flips town though then the votes on d1 are pretty meaningless since scum knew both of the wagons would be miselims and so they'd either push for an STD wagon to get Weuler elim'd d2 or they'd just sit on whatever wagon makes them look towniest. If that's the case then I essentially ignore the d1 wagons since at a 3v2 ELO I'd need a full solve and instead look for what possible scumteams make the most sense, which in a town!Weuler game I'd be looking at Human/Furtive for their weird interactions.

Either way, I essentially can't progress my reads without an elim or a tracker result on any of Weuler/catboi/Human/Furtive so I'd rather go for the elim that allows me to test as many of my suspected scumteams as possible. For that, a Weuler elim does the most since if they flip scum in a town!catboi game I can test for both Weuler/catboi and Weuler/Black (Since I don't think it's a Weuler/Human or Weuler/Furtive game) and if they flip scum I instead solve for a Human/Furtive game
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:49 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1102, usesPython wrote:
In post 1098, catboi wrote: Sure, I realize context is valuable over taking posts in isolation but as I'm here right now it's useful for me to gauge perspectives.
In short:
If the STD counterwagon on d1 was scum trying to save scum!Weuler then I'm pretty much just looking for people on the wagon in which case I'm fully expecting a Weuler/catboi game but also acknowledge the possibility of a Weuler/Black game.
If Weuler flips town though then the votes on d1 are pretty meaningless since scum knew both of the wagons would be miselims and so they'd either push for an STD wagon to get Weuler elim'd d2 or they'd just sit on whatever wagon makes them look towniest. If that's the case then I essentially ignore the d1 wagons since at a 3v2 ELO I'd need a full solve and instead look for what possible scumteams make the most sense, which in a town!Weuler game I'd be looking at Human/Furtive for their weird interactions.

Either way, I essentially can't progress my reads without an elim or a tracker result on any of Weuler/catboi/Human/Furtive so I'd rather go for the elim that allows me to test as many of my suspected scumteams as possible. For that, a Weuler elim does the most since if they flip scum in a town!catboi game I can test for both Weuler/catboi and Weuler/Black (Since I don't think it's a Weuler/Human or Weuler/Furtive game) and if they flip scum I instead solve for a Human/Furtive game
Wagonomics are trash and you'll become a better player the moment you learn to look past them. Scum rarely vote in a coherent or organized fashion and conventional expectations around them are routinely subverted. I think you've said it yourself that if Weuler is town the information from Day 1 becomes useless, so why kill a town for the sake of learning nothing? Read people off their posts. If you've already got it stuck in your head that my slot is scum with Weuler I can tell you you're wrong about me and very probably wrong about Weuler as well. Give me a chance to make my case in that regard.

3v2 ELO is very likely a loss for the town mathematically and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible especially given I think scum can reasonably be pinned down today.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:54 pm

Post by catboi »

I kind of had the impression that Black could be scum who's been playing it safe this game and not been actively scumhunting much but / has
maybe
an air of towny self-righteousness to it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 608, Black wrote:
In post 607, usesPython wrote:My point is that your actions and your vibes create a contradiction. If you're good at scumhunting like your vibes suggest then I can't explain the lack of results in a town!Black game.
Lack of results? I feel like my scumreads are pretty decent and the results have yet to be seen. I don't know what vibes I give off that I'm good at scumhunting but this whole thing seems to be you expecting me to play a certain way and me not meeting your standard. I think you should lower your standard
If you're inexperienced at scumhunting like you say you are and your results suggest then I can't explain your confident vibes without suggesting that your posts go through several editing passes instead of posting whatever is in the post once you put your read into words, which would imply a scum!Black game
This whole bit about results is a really weird progression you are making. It sounds like it's coming from an informed place. How do you know my reads are bad? Do you know Elements and Weuler are town? Why are you picking me out of everyone to say my scumhunting is bad? And don't say my "confident vibes" because that isn't going to cut it
This is ~probably written by a townie, I think furtive/human are the most likely suspects for a scumteam atp
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by catboi »

Here's an iso from furtive in another newbie game. While he uses a similar catchup style between the two games, clck the spoilers and note the difference. He's writing a lot more in that game. More depth of thought. Here his posts don't amount to much more than napkin scribbles. He's a good townie but it hasnt really shown here. In that game there's also more fluidity to his reads, he's reacting and re-evaluating and questioning people. There's basically none of that here.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by catboi »

It's late for me and I need to be getting to sleep, I can do a full catchup in the morning and go into depth on my thoughts toward this game, but for now

VOTE: furtiveglance
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by catboi »

(second half of black's iso is much townier than the first half. gnight~)

(。-ω-)zzz
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

o noes, someone pushing back against Python, I didn't think that was allowed in this game??? :o
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1103, catboi wrote: 3v2 ELO is very likely a loss for the town mathematically and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible especially given I think scum can reasonably be pinned down today.
3v2 ELO is only a loss if you can't trust every townie to vote for the same scum. My analysis on the possible gamestates if Weuler flips town given every possible nightkill for n2 and n3 tells me I can trust town to vote correctly (though a few of them require a townie to convince another townie in cases where they should have more than enough content to do so so I'd rather not post the full analysis if I don't have to when it can set up WIFOM). For that reason and given that I already consider the two likeliest scumteams to be Weuler/catboi and then Human/Furtive I'd rather be testing for the scenarios I consider more likely (Weuler is scum) than less likely (Weuler is town)
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by usesPython »

catboi why do you townread Weuler?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1106, catboi wrote: Here's an iso from furtive in another newbie game. While he uses a similar catchup style between the two games, clck the spoilers and note the difference. He's writing a lot more in that game. More depth of thought. Here his posts don't amount to much more than napkin scribbles. He's a good townie but it hasnt really shown here. In that game there's also more fluidity to his reads, he's reacting and re-evaluating and questioning people. There's basically none of that here.
Aureal you were in that game, how much more content would Furtive have had to analyze in the first 10 pages of 2110 compared to the first 10 pages of this game (which would be RVS, me talking about a VT Human Sequencer game, Human making his supposed scumslip, me calling out Weuler for possible PR hunting by page 7, you posting your solve explanation by page 9)
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

Hmmm. After quickskimming to refresh my memory, the other game actually seems a good bit more dense in the first ten pages. It started out with comparable fluff for the first few pages then turned into a wagon on Dionysus for saying he didn't like making reads based on fluff. It gets progressively more dense as I and BBT replace in to join the argument over whether that's a thing town could possibly say; whereas here most posts are small and on varying topics thanks to the scattershot style of posters like Human and Elements.

Now, furtive seems to be much more inclined to look for "tells" so this may affect how he reads things. Also as he pointed out earlier, his slot was under significant pressure when he came in there.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:26 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1111, usesPython wrote: catboi why do you townread Weuler?
Agenda.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Catboi knows it's a lot easier to try and make town look scummy than scum look towny, so it's no wonder he talks as little as he can about Weuler.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1111, usesPython wrote:catboi why do you townread Weuler?
the early game questioning of human, and , feels like a real enough attempt at solving where they're suspicious of the thing human said but are asking for clarity.

callout in of black's post as being "look at me i'm so townie" is also fine, i think that's a plausible read to make that can be a sign of actually scumhunting.

I think the progression from to looks like a believable enough re-evaluation, the fact that this happens
after
the pressure on Weuler lowers means it's not being done as a survival tactic.

I thought the vote on Black in was one scum would be less likely to make, checking context though I can see it was following in response to Python voicin suspicion on Black so it could be scum sheeping a townie there. Not saying that
is
the case but it's possible. Still it feels a logical enough follow-on from . The question to Freedom in also feels like there's a town thought process to it - suddenly he suspects Black, saw the previous player in tat slot had townread them, and asks the replacement about it. I think there's probably a train of thought here of thinking there might be a connection between the two players and trying to draw something out with that question. The fact it's not made explicit makes it more likely to be a genuine thought rather than a manufactured one.

The thought on Arko in is also not bad, trying to pattern match behavior in a previous game to this one again feels like someone who is actively thinking about the game.

The stuff about exploring if STD and Elements could be scum based on scum doing something similar in his last game ( ) also seems like someone who is
really thinking
about the game - even while voting elsewhere they're exploring different suspicions, you can see where weuler's thoughts are coming from, all of it is pretty believable to me in that I don't get a sense of it being forced or opportunistic.

This is why I asked what the case was, because the reasoning presented for suspecting Weuler seems less than stellar.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:26 am

Post by catboi »

carrying on...

is a bit weird, in that he abandons his push on black due to lack of support but says he could be a good vote Day 2.Initially had liked the admission the vote was hoping for pressure and to get a readable response from it because I think that's less likely to come from newbscum, but the whole thing of black being a good candidate day 2 because of "more information" doesn't make a ton of sense.

I do like and - for starters, the urge to consolidate votes in anticipation of the deadline shows active concern for deciding the day's elimination. While scum can fake this it's less likely to come from newbscum and also not hard to say nothing and hope people make a rushed decision due to lack of time.

Following that, 583 is probably weuler's towniest post so far - I think the insinuation that save the dragons and elements are scum together and that elements's scumread on std is entirely performative is way more likely to come from town - it's just such a genuine thought, a townie gets ahead of themselves and believes they've solved the game on Day 1. It's not the type of reasoning scum employ very often, amd to me the conviction behind it seems very very genuine.

The opening Day 2 of vote elements () -> analyze hammer () -> decide reasons aren't that convincing () also looks like real analysis. Talking about not liking Human's behavior and wanting to re-evaluate also looks like a real thought ()

Weuler's posts in response to getting run up, to me, look more like defeated town than defeated scum to me. Especially something like strikes me as super genuine, weuler isn't really trying to convince anyone to save themselves, he's just convinced on that scumread and trying to give advice to people after he flips (admittedly I'm not sure why he's suddenly strong on elements-scum again). He's way off base because I know I'm town but I don't get the sense it's fake.

Overall, Weuler looks like someone who is genuinely trying to solve the game even if a lot of their posts are on the short side. While he's made a few posts I find
strange
that doesn't equal scummy and I struggle to find him saying much at all I can see as being scum motivated.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:46 am

Post by catboi »

Anyway, going to return to the start of the game for a linear read to work things through and make my thoughts explicit. Most of the early RVS fluff is non-notable, this here from usesPython is the first thing worthy of commentary
In post 71, usesPython wrote:Looking at Human Sequencer's posting habits if they were going to post today they probably would have by now, so I'll move my vote over to more productive purposes

UNVOTE: Human Sequencer

VOTE: Elements

Nth order reaction test
In post 72, usesPython wrote:Also VT read on Human Sequencer, it'd be odd to ignore a game if there's something interesting happening and since there's no indication of them going V/LA
(And thus clearly everyone that has posted so far must have an interesting role, QED you're all scum)
I think this is wroth assigning townpoints, going to the effort of checking someone's posting times to see if they're lurking or simply inactive is extra research that is more likely to come from someone genuinely trying to solve the game. The improperly announcing a VT read on someone is also something that I think is way more likely to come from newbtown being careless than ascum.
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:53 am

Post by Human »

You make a point but you have the same main suspicion as weuler, are defending weuler and your predecessor was suspected to be scum with weuler. I don't know what to make of this but I might just be stubborn trying to say I'm not wrong.
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1119, Human wrote: You make a point but you have the same main suspicion as weuler, are defending weuler and your predecessor was suspected to be scum with weuler. I don't know what to make of this but I might just be stubborn trying to say I'm not wrong.
catboi is trying to use Python's theory of us together as a springboard to push me and pocket Python.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:56 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1116, catboi wrote: the early game questioning of human, and , feels like a real enough attempt at solving where they're suspicious of the thing human said but are asking for clarity.
I disagree and would go so far as to call it PR hunting since PR's other than Jailkeeper and Cop would be able to tell there's exactly 2 PR's in the game
In post 1116, catboi wrote: callout in of black's post as being "look at me i'm so townie" is also fine, i think that's a plausible read to make that can be a sign of actually scumhunting.
I disagree. That sort of short, surface level read is something I'd expect from Elements who was one of our biggest hyperposters and vibereaders. Coming from Weuler though it just reads as lazy
In post 1116, catboi wrote: I think the progression from to looks like a believable enough re-evaluation, the fact that this happens
after
the pressure on Weuler lowers means it's not being done as a survival tactic.
Very much reads like misdirection to me. I get slightly distracted with Aureal and they immediately switch their vote off of me and onto Aureal to get me to keep my attention there (and they do the same thing later in the game when I start looking at Black)
In post 1116, catboi wrote: I thought the vote on Black in was one scum would be less likely to make, checking context though I can see it was following in response to Python voicin suspicion on Black so it could be scum sheeping a townie there. Not saying that
is
the case but it's possible. Still it feels a logical enough follow-on from . The question to Freedom in also feels like there's a town thought process to it - suddenly he suspects Black, saw the previous player in tat slot had townread them, and asks the replacement about it. I think there's probably a train of thought here of thinking there might be a connection between the two players and trying to draw something out with that question. The fact it's not made explicit makes it more likely to be a genuine thought rather than a manufactured one.
You're misunderstanding the argument being made in when you compare it to . specifically talks about taking a neutral stance and asking plenty of questions without commiting to any reads. Weulers problem with Black in as a continuation from my post in isn't that Black isn't committing to any reads and is just staying neutral, but is instead copying the reads of other people as a way to fly under the radar (and which I disagree with since I missed Blacks when writing )
In post 1116, catboi wrote: The thought on Arko in is also not bad, trying to pattern match behavior in a previous game to this one again feels like someone who is actively thinking about the game.
The idea of sussing lurkers is so lazy that I can't believe you're actually presenting this as an example of serious active scumhunting
In post 1116, catboi wrote: The stuff about exploring if STD and Elements could be scum based on scum doing something similar in his last game ( ) also seems like someone who is
really thinking
about the game - even while voting elsewhere they're exploring different suspicions, you can see where weuler's thoughts are coming from, all of it is pretty believable to me in that I don't get a sense of it being forced or opportunistic.
In post 1117, catboi wrote: is a bit weird, in that he abandons his push on black due to lack of support but says he could be a good vote Day 2.Initially had liked the admission the vote was hoping for pressure and to get a readable response from it because I think that's less likely to come from newbscum, but the whole thing of black being a good candidate day 2 because of "more information" doesn't make a ton of sense.
You're contradicting yourself; if the vote isn't serious but instead just for pressure then it doesn't matter where their vote is while they're responding to direction questions in , , and
In post 1117, catboi wrote: I do like and - for starters, the urge to consolidate votes in anticipation of the deadline shows active concern for deciding the day's elimination. While scum can fake this it's less likely to come from newbscum and also not hard to say nothing and hope people make a rushed decision due to lack of time.
In post 1117, catboi wrote: Following that, 583 is probably weuler's towniest post so far - I think the insinuation that save the dragons and elements are scum together and that elements's scumread on std is entirely performative is way more likely to come from town - it's just such a genuine thought, a townie gets ahead of themselves and believes they've solved the game on Day 1. It's not the type of reasoning scum employ very often, amd to me the conviction behind it seems very very genuine.
The urge to consolidate votes is entirely a survival tactic. The closer to the deadline wagons start getting formed the more likely the wagon that actually gets through is a compromise wagon. In this case the compromise wagon would clearly be Weuler because only the following people could even be considered viable elims:
Black - Only Weuler and I would be on it
Python - Only Aureal and Black would be on it
STD - Elements and Weuler would be on it with Elements actively working to get me and others on it
Elements - STD pretty much the only person on it, maybe Black as well?
Weuler - The compromise option: Aureal, Black, Elements, Myself all scumread them at that point

Notice that in they straight up admit they're fine with either an STD or Elements wagon, the two easiest wagons to get going.
A Black wagon is completely unviable because a logical argument wouldn't work and the entire idea of scum!Black was that they were being read as town when they shouldn't have if you ignore
A Python wagon could maybe work but it'd also be a hard sell because the only person who
really
wanted me elim'd d1 was Aureal. Even Black was fine with waiting until d2 to flip me
In post 1117, catboi wrote: The opening Day 2 of vote elements () -> analyze hammer () -> decide reasons aren't that convincing () also looks like real analysis. Talking about not liking Human's behavior and wanting to re-evaluate also looks like a real thought ()
You mean the vote that stood for all of 20 minutes before being unvoted again? Without even a response from Elements? That vote?
In post 1117, catboi wrote: Weuler's posts in response to getting run up, to me, look more like defeated town than defeated scum to me. Especially something like strikes me as super genuine, weuler isn't really trying to convince anyone to save themselves, he's just convinced on that scumread and trying to give advice to people after he flips (admittedly I'm not sure why he's suddenly strong on elements-scum again). He's way off base because I know I'm town but I don't get the sense it's fake.
Disagree. If it's a town!Weuler game who can very clearly see they're getting voted out today their priority should be to provide exactly one scumteam, and that scumteam should be the one they consider to be the most likely, accompanied by reasons for why that scumteam is the likeliest. Like Weuler pointed out: in 3v2 ELO there's no room for error, you want to be hashing out the votes now while there's still 5 town voices and 2 scum voices instead of later when you're dead and every townie is listening to an even split of scum and town voices
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:58 am

Post by usesPython »

This is starting to get into wall war territory. catboi short of a Tracker coming out with a guilty on someone I'm not taking my vote off of Weuler. Your job right now isn't to convince us that Weuler is town, but instead to argue for the solve that happens after Weuler flips
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:13 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1119, Human wrote: I don't know what to make of this but I might just be stubborn trying to say I'm not wrong.
The best way of preventing tunneling is to take like a day or two off the thread to reset and then go through the entire thread from start to finish without looking at iso's (writing down post numbers that catch your eye is fine, but any notes longer than a "TODO: look into how this affects that" should be kept to a minimum while doing this). Then you can start using your normal techniques like iso's, asking questions, looking at the posts that caught your eye during the full readthrough, etc.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:14 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1109, Aureal wrote: o noes, someone pushing back against Python, I didn't think that was allowed in this game??? :o
Do you think they're scum?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”