Newbie 2113 - Shea it ain't So! | Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by Black »

Oh I'm sorry :oops:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

Why is dio being the focus of town? Pages and pages of dio being town vs. dio being scum, we need to move on, focus on someone new
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by Dionysus »

OK so now Empathice has decided to tunnel me over a dumb rvs mistake and has confirmed there is no other reason for their read on me, I no longer townread them. This is not pro-town behaviour.
"Leave it to the god of wine to liven things up around here."
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:37 pm

Post by Dionysus »

In post 344, skitter30 wrote:
In post 313, Dionysus wrote:
In post 311, skitter30 wrote: Black, empathice, patchwork and probably bbt are town
Dio is scum
And a partner in the remainder imo

This ia my present view of the game
Why are you so sure of me?
Your posts keep pinging me as being just 'off- - not just once or twice, but over and over and over again

I don't feel like you're solving - you have a lot of activity and are ~here a lot but tbh i don't really feel like you have solid scumreads
This is pretty terrible reasoning too from someone who has me top of their scum list. In summary your read is based on vibes. You also cite me having a lot of posts but don't get the sense I'm trying to solve yet you tr patches of all people.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 344, skitter30 wrote: Your posts keep pinging me as being just 'off- - not just once or twice, but over and over and over again
What feels off about what dio is posting? I feel dio feels off too but that's only a feeling, I do not believe vibes/feelings alone is sufficient enough to vote dio, we need something substantial if we do this
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:04 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 353, Dionysus wrote: This is pretty terrible reasoning too from someone who has me top of their scum list. In summary your read is based on vibes. You also cite me having a lot of posts but don't get the sense I'm trying to solve yet you tr patches of all people.
Sometimes vibes/feelings is all you have to go off of, I don't think it's pretty terrible, definitely not ideal
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:18 am

Post by Dionysus »

Do you have any other thoughts? I feel like the game has slowed right down and my attempts at reviving it by changing course have not worked haha. Hadrian where you at?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Black »

We absolutely need more from hadrian and Herta. I'm not sure if Herta is even going to contribute over the next few days with their procedure. Idk what Hadrian's excuse is
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Black »

Empathice's ISO is not a town ISO btw. Just read it and tell me you honestly think it comes from an experienced town player. He joins the game and immediately jumps on the wagon with the most mobility, and then every single post he has made after that has been tunneling on that wagon. This isn't scumhunting.
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 357, Black wrote: We absolutely need more from hadrian and Herta. I'm not sure if Herta is even going to contribute over the next few days with their procedure. Idk what Hadrian's excuse is
Hadrian has been online today and didn't post. I also saw them online yesterday and not posting. +lurkscum while a wagon against me is being pushed.

In post 358, Black wrote: Empathice's ISO is not a town ISO btw. Just read it and tell me you honestly think it comes from an experienced town player. He joins the game and immediately jumps on the wagon with the most mobility, and then every single post he has made after that has been tunneling on that wagon. This isn't scumhunting.
I initially townread them because I liked the way they had analysed what had happened and it felt like it had come from a pro-town perspective, even if their analysis is obviously incorrect from my pov. However, they have just tunnelled me since then. The way someone characterised skitter's early behaviour as opportunistic scum taking advantage of a newb mistake during RVS can definitely be applied to empathice. At least skitter has entertained other wagons, empathice has not. So I think this comes from a scum mindset.
In post 355, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 353, Dionysus wrote: This is pretty terrible reasoning too from someone who has me top of their scum list. In summary your read is based on vibes. You also cite me having a lot of posts but don't get the sense I'm trying to solve yet you tr patches of all people.
Sometimes vibes/feelings is all you have to go off of, I don't think it's pretty terrible, definitely not ideal
It's not just because their read seems to be mostly vibes that I think is bad. Skitter also includes in her justification that I'm posting a lot but don't seem like I'm solving and that I don't have any solid scumreads (which I don't agree with). Even if that latter point were true, how can that be scummy for me, but not someone like patches? Who still leads the table for posts but is doing nothing to try and solve the game. It is not very consistent.

Skitter is an obvious possible scum partner for empathice. Empathice very briefly put a bit of heat in skitter's direction for no apparent reason when they joined the game. This can be a helpful scum tactic to hide a partnership. If scum immediately goes for their partner then that will be the first thing people see when reviewing someone's whole ISO. They both have also similarly tunnelled me (although skitter has been more open minded than emp) and neither is able to justify their read beyond vibes and a dumb RVS mistake.

This might be too obvious a pair, so I look to patches.

I do not buy that this slot is behaving in a pro-town way. As I have said, they have barely made any effort to solve the game. Their biggest read is an omgus on me and their most notable post is a butthurt wall of text telling me that asking about pokemon isn't dumb, actually (this is tongue in cheek, patches. pls don't give me another tl;dr). The pro-town argument for them is that their frustration seems genuine, but then patches has said this:
In post 298, patchwork wrote:
In post 292, skitter30 wrote: I liked getting their unfiltered thoughts, it felt v real and raw. The frustration seems townie to me
also on this im always very raw with my thoughts regardless of alignment,
as maf i tend to respond with frustration when scumread or voted and its usually very genuine because im just good at slipping into the townie role

(believe it or not) one game i won as scum because i kept forgetting i was mafia-aligned. and yeah that Happened! i was a non-meeting mafia tho
so you really can't townread me for that really, it's nai at most
though i guess you don't know my meta so can't really blame you for thinking that of me
Did no one else pick up on this? Patches basically agreeing with skitter that their frustration is genuine because AS MAFIA they tend to respond with frustration when scumread. This feels like a pretty apt description of what has happened so far: lashing out in frustration because they have been scumread. In the same sentence this comment is qualified with saying that they are very good at slipping into a town mindset even when scum. So if we take patches at their word, their frustration is at best NAI because they would behave the same no matter alignment, or at worst frustrated scum. This looks like a scumslip to me, though. Why even specify that this is how you behave as mafia if this is how you behave fullstop.

So if patches is scum, who is their partner? I don't feel skitter as a scumpartner for patches. They have argued too strongly in their defence which I just don't think skitter would do if they were partners. Empathice is more likely, especially with:
In post 188, Empathice wrote:
In post 187, patchwork wrote: lol am i seriously at e-2
so far the only reasons are "thought herta/kawaii were partnered" and "fluffposting in rvs" and both of them are pretty sad
though to be fair the tr reasons are just as sad
The fluffposting accusations would
maybe
vanish if you actually posted a readslist like you said.
Could be a prod/signal to their partner that posting reads will get some heat off them whilst maintaining the image of trying to hunt scum.

So my top 2 scum pairs at the mo are:

skitter/empathice
patches/empathice

I don't want to tunnel on these three though so if I have time later I will look for scum in other slots, but it is tricky until herta and hadrian start to contribute.
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:38 am

Post by Dionysus »

sorry that post wasn't meant to be as long as it was when I started typing it up haha
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:59 am

Post by Black »

In post 351, KawaiiKame wrote: Why is dio being the focus of town? Pages and pages of dio being town vs. dio being scum, we need to move on, focus on someone new
I like this mindset but your next two posts after this were about Dio. What are your thoughts about the other players in the game so far?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:04 am

Post by Black »

In post 359, Dionysus wrote: So if patches is scum, who is their partner? I don't feel skitter as a scumpartner for patches. They have argued too strongly in their defence which I just don't think skitter would do if they were partners. Empathice is more likely, especially with:
I like this post from you and it seems like you're trying to solve, however I'm not confident that patches or skitter are scum with Empathice. I see the connections you are making and it's definitely not out of the question. I'm just not sure patches being candid about how they play as either alignment is a scum slip. skitter has been closely linked to Empathice and I'm not sure if the scum team would be this coordinated in such an awful wagon together. Possible, but also very risky
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Dionysus »

To clarify, skitter/empathice is probably too obvious and the most likely scumpair between those three players is emp/patches. Emp/skitter is just one I wouldn't entirely rule out!

And the reason I highlight that post as a scumslip is because they described how they have been playing so far as how they play as mafia and then qualified it. They never said this is just how I play.

Anyway as I said I will hunt for scum elsewhere later today if I have time but I just wanted to get those thoughts out there. Maybe move the game along a bit......
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:09 am

Post by Empathice »

In post 347, Black wrote:
In post 345, skitter30 wrote:
In post 332, Black wrote: Like did you even read the link or did you just have it ready to copy paste when you made your weak Dio push?

VOTE: Empathice
I don't think the dio push is bad or scummy at all tbh
I think empathice is townie on this page
Why do you think the push is good? At least with your case you say you're getting weird vibes from Dio. Empathice admitted he doesn't get those vibes. He's pushing for an elimination over a mistake that isn't alignment indicative at all
Skitter is pushing them partially for that as well.
In post 363, Dionysus wrote: To clarify, skitter/empathice is probably too obvious and the most likely scumpair between those three players is emp/patches. Emp/skitter is just one I wouldn't entirely rule out!

And the reason I highlight that post as a scumslip is because they described how they have been playing so far as how they play as mafia and then qualified it. They never said this is just how I play.

Anyway as I said I will hunt for scum elsewhere later today if I have time but I just wanted to get those thoughts out there. Maybe move the game along a bit......
Read it again. :lol:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Black »

Another Empathice sighting and another post about Dio. Do you have thoughts on any other players in this game?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 346, Black wrote:
In post 343, skitter30 wrote:
In post 312, Black wrote:
In post 311, skitter30 wrote: Black, empathice, patchwork and probably bbt are town
Dio is scum

Could you elaborate on your empathice tr?
I liked the following things:
- very insightful and i don't feel like it's a read a wolf would make
- dio push
- how forceful he is in sharing his views
299 is definitely something wolves do. It's called pocketing and they do it all the time
299 doesn't look to me like pocketing at all
(Or at least, not my 'normal' definition of pocketing - wdym by this term?)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 347, Black wrote:
In post 345, skitter30 wrote:
In post 332, Black wrote: Like did you even read the link or did you just have it ready to copy paste when you made your weak Dio push?

VOTE: Empathice
I don't think the dio push is bad or scummy at all tbh
I think empathice is townie on this page
Why do you think the push is good? At least with your case you say you're getting weird vibes from Dio. Empathice admitted he doesn't get those vibes. He's pushing for an elimination over a mistake that isn't alignment indicative at all
I mean i found the mistake scummy too - he's calling out a lot of the things that i found scummy abt dio
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 351, KawaiiKame wrote: Why is dio being the focus of town? Pages and pages of dio being town vs. dio being scum, we need to move on, focus on someone new
What's your read on dio?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 353, Dionysus wrote:
Dio is scum

Your posts keep pinging me as being just 'off- - not just once or twice, but over and over and over again

I don't feel like you're solving - you have a lot of activity and are ~here a lot but tbh i don't really feel like you have solid scumreads
This is pretty terrible reasoning too from someone who has me top of their scum list. In summary your read is based on vibes. You also cite me having a lot of posts but don't get the sense I'm trying to solve yet you tr patches of all people.
- i literally just don't see town when i look at your posts, they feel scummy to me
- i kinda get the sense they *want* to solve but don't have the time to atm. You keep making posts/pushes that are meaningless: voting empathice right qhen they repped in, and/or hadriaan when they said they aren't going to be here is fluff. You're not accomplishing or scumhunting or pushing anything with those votes. They look like they're there so it seems like you're doing something, but they're empty and meaningless

Like patch is being v honest abt their inability to solve right now. I feel like you're trying to look like you are, but you're not actually doing anything. You look busy
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 354, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 344, skitter30 wrote: Your posts keep pinging me as being just 'off- - not just once or twice, but over and over and over again
What feels off about what dio is posting? I feel dio feels off too but that's only a feeling, I do not believe vibes/feelings alone is sufficient enough to vote dio, we need something substantial if we do this
In post 355, KawaiiKame wrote:
Uh these two directly contradict each other, no?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

Black i v strongly disagree with you about empathice
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 369, skitter30 wrote:
In post 353, Dionysus wrote:
Dio is scum

- i literally just don't see town when i look at your posts, they feel scummy to me
- i kinda get the sense they *want* to solve but don't have the time to atm.
You keep making posts/pushes that are meaningless: voting empathice right qhen they repped in, and/or hadriaan when they said they aren't going to be here is fluff.
You're not accomplishing or scumhunting or pushing anything with those votes. They look like they're there so it seems like you're doing something, but they're empty and meaningless

Like patch is being v honest abt their inability to solve right now. I feel like you're trying to look like you are, but you're not actually doing anything. You look busy
Bib: firstly, hadrian never said they wouldn't be here. That was herta. Secondly, you are saying I keep making meaningless posts or pushes. So I ask you: why are you ignoring my patches push? That is not meaningless. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it so.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

B/c a lot of what you are doing otherwise is kinda performative. On top of that, i don't think patches is scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

Also hadrian did say they're busy irl atm and are in the 'lurker' category for most people
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”