Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 215, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 213, Abnegation wrote:
In post 212, furtiveglance wrote: A few slots haven't posted so far, but of the posters that have, IceDragon and BlueSnakelet seem like most likely sus.
is there a reason for that beyond just vibes?
Bit of meta behind the first, nothing behind the second
Huh?
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 235, Abnegation wrote:
In post 107, IceDragon70 wrote:Of course this might be incorrect due to bastard element of mod misdirection, but there's a reason I claimed Benediction and not Malediction in my opening post.
@dragon - i'm pretty sure someone asked what that reason was, but i can't find it. i'd like an answer to that question.
Oh, because early on I assumed that Benediction could be benign and I thought it less risky to claim benign scum than evil scum?
Or maybe not less risky, but more interesting? Cause nobody would believe an evil scum claim but someone might react genuinely to benign scum claim?
Feelin' frosty
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Post by Abnegation »

In post 249, IceDragon70 wrote: I townread Alianna
you know the way.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:57 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 245, Abnegation wrote: you called a sequence of 3 posts "a bunch of nothing trying to look like something." i think at least the first paragraph of actiondan's response is fair.
Yeah I guess that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I was desperately trying to get some Scum hunting happening. Prior to VOTE: 130 there was like, NO content.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:57 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

Oops. Wrong tag.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:57 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 253, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 245, Abnegation wrote: you called a sequence of 3 posts "a bunch of nothing trying to look like something." i think at least the first paragraph of actiondan's response is fair.

Yeah I guess that was a bit of an exaggeration, but I was desperately trying to get some Scum hunting happening. Prior to there was like, NO content.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:59 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

By which I mean no content beside mechanical talk.
Feelin' frosty
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:40 pm

Post by Feysal »

Plenty of new posts. I have some time before my concert, so responding while I can.
In post 166, ActionDan wrote: I simply did not feel the compulsion to vote. I treat my votes as more committal than most and I'm only half scrutinizing the thread while I'm working. I thought it enough to state my opinion while being content to wait a bit longer for both an answer to my earlier inquiry to you and more posts in general.
I can relate to this. I've never liked RVS, because I don't like throwing my vote around either. Any excuse to get out of it is good enough for me.
In post 166, ActionDan wrote: So I don't believe you're voting me for the stated reason. What I do think is happening here is that you're piggybacking off post and invented a new reason to vote me to keep it fresh. In which case there's a rather poignant hypocrisy occurring, as in post Keeper makes a similar if not even stronger denouncement of Rautherdir without voting for him and there's no mention of it.
To be fair, while I find understanding the Keeper difficult, I interpret that post as them thinking Rautherdir was wrong, not suspicious.
In post 135, Abnegation wrote: This has the town vibes. If you’re scum and you know people scumread the lack of an RVS vote, you probably just cast one.
I think it is more a personality issue, and that has no bearing on alignment. If you don't like RVS, you just don't.
In post 128, IceDragon70 wrote: HOWEVER, I would like to speculate (and this is just that - speculation, based solely on flavor and my own understanding of what I consider fun) that Benediction is not going to have a factional nightkill, but rather a factional roleblock (please gimmie some postgame credit if I end up being right).
Oddly enough, I'm getting a town feeling from this, or at least a non-Benediction feel. I don't believe this theory, not for a second, and I expect it to be proven wrong the first night. Why angle for postgame credit for something you know is not going to happen?

UNVOTE: IceDragon70

I still wonder about his hints of being untouchable, but I can imagine some sneaky town motivation behind it, and he is at least pushing the game forward.

For the record, I think 9/2/2 is the most likely setup here. I find these ideas of a benign second faction rather too exotic, I would only believe it when I see it. I would sooner buy something like 9/3/1 or 10/2/1, with an informed minority of one, and even that is pretty far-fetched.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:01 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

UNVOTE:

I would like a bit more info about IceDragon70's role, because that Benediction speculation must have come from somewhere.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Feysal »

Breaking up the quote wall.
In post 143, The Keeper wrote: The point of the claim is that no such waste of power occurs, if you're Marked you lose a lot of damage when you miss.

The solution here is simply that the person must be shown a game over screen, probably before we get the choice of Sheol or Cathedral...
Uhh... right. I'm going to have a real hard time reading you, aren't I? If I translate this correctly, you are saying no actions should be wasted on investigating millers, but they should rather be executed. I was not advocating for Abnegation to be investigated. My point is, how could scum even predict the town had a cop like that? I would consider the mere existence of such a role evidence for her claim.
In post 165, Rautherdir wrote: I mean yeah but it's the best I have to work with outside of Enchant being seemingly convinced that Benediction is guaranteed to be antagonistic to town, and I don't really scum read that so much as find it odd.
I was in a My Little Pony themed game once where Friendship served as the scum faction. I have no reason to believe Benediction would not be scum here.
In post 180, Abnegation wrote: If you had stayed silent, scum would have to debate killing you because of the possibility that their kill would be wasted.
They still do. They have to second guess whether the other faction is going to target them, remember.
In post 187, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 186, furtiveglance wrote: Drew is obviously capping to try and trick me into killing him. I won't fall for it, he and bianco are obviously getting protected tonight.

Right guys?
Wrong PT
I'm interpreting this as a joke, but I don't get it. What does capping mean in this context?
In post 242, Rautherdir wrote: But yeah let's not speedrun this game, no one has actually outright scum claimed and we would really like to have the time to develop reads on other people as well.
Well, technically IceDragon, Enchant and me all did, but sure.
In post 183, Abnegation wrote: I'm going to take a guess that one faction has a standard NK and one has something else.
I doubt it, if only for balance reasons. How would such a faction even win?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:39 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Capping = lying
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:42 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 259, Feysal wrote: Well, technically IceDragon, Enchant and me all did, but sure.
I mean yeah, fair, but I'm going to assume you were all joking.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:07 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 258, furtiveglance wrote: UNVOTE:

I would like a bit more info about IceDragon70's role, because that Benediction speculation must have come from somewhere.
Let's just say I wasn't one bit surprised about Rauther's role, and if you are invocation then you shouldn't be surprised either - I am detecting a theme here in Invocation's roles (I've taken the liberty to assume that Feysal's role conforms with the theme based on this post:)
In post 86, Feysal wrote:
In post 57, Rautherdir wrote:I will say my role name sounds much more powerful then the actual ability actually is. I'm actually not sure at all how to use my role to any benefit, though it is role madness so uh... maybe there's some use to even something like what I have?
You're not the only one. And I have seen the most useless roles turning out to be very beneficial in the end.
Of course my theory might be a huge stretch, but we shall soon see.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:08 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

Btw, when did Feysal claim scum?
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:08 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

Also: Feysal, what are your pronouns?
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

Thirdly, I agree that 9/2/2 is most likely, but tbh I don't see much point in speculating about the numbers until we have some scum flips, or at least more understanding of how the scumteams work.
Feelin' frosty
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I am Invocation and I'm not really sure what you're getting at, IceDragon. All Rautherdir seemed to claim was that they were some kind of useless investigative right?
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:33 am

Post by The Keeper »

In post 242, Rautherdir wrote: And with the mod V/LA as well. But yeah let's not speedrun this game, no one has actually outright scum claimed and we would really like to have the time to develop reads on other people as well.
And yet Enchant claimed green.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:35 am

Post by The Keeper »

A thought appears to be locked inside the Top Secret Room. Fortunately I have bombs.

It is possible for someone to be multiple non town alignments.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:39 am

Post by Enchant »

what
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:57 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 259, Feysal wrote:I doubt it, if only for balance reasons. How would such a faction even win?
rh said in the setup post that there may or may not be non-standard factional abilities. that disclaimer is more than likely there for a reason. unless that's the mod misdirection?
a faction like that doesn't have to lack killing power completely, they just might not have a standard nightkill. this thread has some examples of atypical factions.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:00 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 268, The Keeper wrote: A thought appears to be locked inside the Top Secret Room. Fortunately I have bombs.

It is possible for someone to be multiple non town alignments.
That... might be possible, I suppose. If both scum teams are allied against Invocation then I could definitely see that being the case, with one player acting as a bridge between them.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Rautherdir »

If scum only have PTs open at night then that would give us a single day to prevent communication between the factions.
However, I doubt we're in that situation right now, without knowing more about what night actions are in play.
Alt of Theta Alpine
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:11 am

Post by Abnegation »

usually, moderators are supposed to disclose whether there's daytalk. i don't think that situation is likely though.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 273, Abnegation wrote: usually, moderators are supposed to disclose whether there's daytalk. i don't think that situation is likely though.
This would technically be covered in 'Factional abilities may or may not be non-standard.' so we do not know.
Alt of Theta Alpine

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”