Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

TM 2023 | Open: PYP S_TM | Endgame

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:01 am

Post by implosion »

Team Mafia 2023 Open: PYP Hint Of Something_Team Mafia

Flavor: Weird Things I Got ChatGPT to Say Without Context

If we consider a world where Skittle colors are swapped, and in this world, anteaters have evolved differently, it could potentially lead to some interesting adaptations in these animals. Here are a few possibilities:

Anteaters may have developed a preference for certain Skittle colors: In a world where the colors of the Skittle candy are swapped, it could affect the color of ants and termites that anteaters feed on. If the ants and termites have different colors than in our world, anteaters may have developed a preference for certain Skittle colors based on the color of their prey.

Skittle-colored markings for communication: Anteaters communicate with each other through various means, such as scent marking and vocalizations. In a world where Skittle colors are swapped, anteaters may have developed Skittle-colored markings to signal to other anteaters. For example, they could have evolved to have brighter-colored fur or skin to communicate with each other.

Different strategies for locating prey: Anteaters primarily rely on their sense of smell to locate their prey, but the color of their food could still have an impact on their evolutionary history. If the colors of ants and termites are different in this world, it could lead to the development of different strategies for locating prey. For example, they could have evolved to use their sense of sight more to find their food.

In summary, if Skittle colors were swapped in a world where anteaters evolved differently, it could potentially lead to adaptations in these animals based on the color of their food and communication methods. However, it is important to note that these are speculative scenarios and would require further research and evidence to confirm.

Original player list:

1. Alisae, representing Perfectly Balanced Team with no exploits
  2. Bellaphant, representing The Klickin' Chickens
  3. Cephrir, representing Studies Show Very Long Team Names...
  4. Datisi, representing Frog Friends
  5. Gimli, representing Shadow Syndicate
  6. imaginality, representing The Pork Eaters
  7. Lady Lambdadelta, representing The Polymewl
  8. Marashu, representing Average Team Mafia Enjoyers
  9. Menalque, representing Hyper Aggressive Jingle Ballers: Menalkoba Edition
  10. mith, representing Ghosts of Nightkills Past
  11. Rad, representing We Look Good in Plaid
  12. Staeg, representing Ancient Guard
  13. Ythan, representing Crispy Cream Puffs
Spoiler: Alive at endgame with filps

Bellaphant -
Vanilla Townie
- survives.
Lady Lambdadelta -
Town One-Shot Vigilante
- survives.
Menalque -
Town Neighborizer
- survives.
mith -
Town Night 3 Vigilante
- survives.

Spoiler: Dead
  • Rad -
    Town Doctor
    - Eliminated Day One
  • Staeg -
    Vanilla Townie
    - Killed Night One
  • Cephrir -
    Vanilla Townie
    - Killed Night One
  • imaginality -
    Town Universal Backup
    - Eliminated Day Two
  • Marashu -
    Town 1-shot Watcher
    - Killed Night Two
  • jjh927
    Andante
    Gimli
    -
    Mafia Goon
    - Eliminated Day Three
  • Ythan -
    Town Ascetic Cop
    - Killed Night Three
  • Alisae -
    Mafia Goon
    - Killed Night Three
  • Datisi -
    Mafia Goon
    - Eliminated Day Four
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:02 am

Post by implosion »

General Rules
The Basics
  1. All site-wide rules apply.
  2. Play to your win condition.
  3. Do not privately communicate with other players about this game, except where explicitly allowed, such as your team's private communication space.
  4. Be respectful of other players; do not insult them. Attack the argument, not the person.
  5. Do not quote your role PM; do not quote any private communication with other players. Do not pretend to quote your role PM or any private communication, as doing so will be treated as if you actually quoted them. Paraphrasing either of these is fine. This rule includes communication with your teammates;
    any private communication with teammates that is posted in this thread must be very clearly paraphrased, and not quoted
  6. Do not use provable randomness.
  7. Do not use cryptography, robust steganography, invisible text, etc.
  8. As the moderator, I reserve the right to make any judgment call I deem fit, regardless of whether or not any explicit rule exists.
During the Day
  1. Day phases will last 10 days.
  2. During the day, votes must be posted with either
    bold tags
    or VOTE: tags. Don't try to get tricky; if it looks like a vote and is bolded, I will count it as a vote. Any attempt to abuse voting with trick votes or fake votes will be punished harshly.
  3. When a majority of votes is reached, that player will be eliminated. If no majority exists at deadline, no elimination will occur.
  4. Prods will be issued upon 48 hours of inactivity; if unanswered after 24 hours, I will begin seeking a replacement. If the player posts in thread before a replacement is found, they will retain their spot.
  5. I may or may not grant deadline extensions if asked.
During the Night
  1. All nights will last 48 hours.
  2. All night actions must be received by the deadline; if no action is received, or if an action is received after the deadline, no action will be taken.
Setup specifications
  1. The setup for this game is Pick Your Power X/Y: Hint of Something_Smart, with two modifications. First, there are 13 players instead of 14 (with one fewer town, so there are 10 town and 3 mafia). Second, the draft will be different, explained below.
  2. Initially, you will receive a PM that includes only alignment information. There will be two drafting phases, each of which should last at most 24 hours, and then roles will be sent out.
  3. During the first drafting phase, you must choose any positive integer, and you will be put into an order based on those numbers. The draft order will be determined by the following (
    IMPORTANT NOTE: this is different from normal PYP X/Y drafting rules
    ):
    1. First, priority is given to players whose number was picked fewer times. So if you pick a unique number, you will always go earlier.
    2. Second, priority is given to players whose number is
      closer to the median of the 13 numbers I receive,
      instead of in the original setup where priority is given to players who picked the smaller number.
    3. Third, priority is given to players who pick a number below the median, rather than above, if they are equidistant from it.
    4. Finally, priority is given randomly between players who picked the same number.
  4. Additionally, during the first drafting phase, the mafia may pick collectively to either all gain the ability to multitask (perform actions together with the factional kill on the same night), or gain a collective Informed modifier that will tell them about one pair of roles that were not selected in the draft, or tell them that no such pair exists if none does.
  5. After the first drafting phase is over, I will publish everyone's choice of numbers, as well as what the mafia's choice of modifier was, and the second drafting phase will begin. This drafting phase will work the same as in normal PYP X/Y. In the second drafting phase, each player must choose one role from any pair in the list below. In draft order, I will then assign each player either the role they chose, or vanilla if one of the roles in their pair has already been chosen by someone higher on the list. Only one role from each pair can be assigned.

Roles
night 3 vigilanteorvengeful
1-shot vigilanteor2-shot PGO (active)
ascetic coporbulletproof
draft copor1-shot watcher
doctororroleblocker
universal backuporrolecop
neighborizerorvoyeur
jailkeeperortracker

Spoiler: Sample draft with 5 players
A and B both pick 3, C picks 8, D picks 1, E picks 5.
The median of the list [1, 3, 3, 5, 8] is 3. 1 and 5 are the closest uniquely-chosen numbers to the median, and 1 is below rather than above, so 1 goes first, followed by 5. 8 is next, and the two 3s are randomly tiebroken and B wins. Thus, the picking order would be D, E, C, B, A.

Sample role PMs:

Spoiler: Initial alignment-only PMs
TownHello, NAME, and welcome to the Team Mafia 2023 Open: PYP S_TM!

You are
Town

Please send me any positive integer for the draft.
Note that the drafting rules are different than the typical version of this setup - see the rules post for info and an example of how the draft works.

You win when all mafia members are dead, and at least one town member remains alive.

Please confirm by PM to me (implosion) with a choice of positive integer.

The game thread can be found here. Good luck!

MafiaHello, NAME, and welcome to the Team Mafia 2023 Open: PYP S_TM!

You are
Mafia
. Your partners are NAME and NAME. You can converse at all times here.

Please send me any positive integer for the draft.
Note that the drafting rules are different than the typical version of this setup - see the rules post for info and an example of how the draft works.
You may discuss your numbers and submit them in the mafia PT if you like.

Additionally, you must collectively choose a modifier for the mafia to gain: either multitasking (all mafia will be able to perform the factional kill in addition to other actions on the same night), or informed (mafia will learn a pair of roles that no one chose, or will learn that every pair of roles was chosen by someone). The town will learn what you chose when numbers are revealed.

You win when all town members are dead, and at least one mafia member remains alive.

Please confirm in your PT.

Spoiler: Final role PMs for town
Vanilla TownieNAME, You are a
Vanilla Townie

Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.

You win when all mafia members are dead, and at least one town member remains alive.

Please confirm by PM to me (implosion) by stating your alignment and role.

Town Night 3 VigilanteNAME, You are a
Town Night 3 Vigilante

On night 3, you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Town VengefulNAME, You are a
Town Vengeful

If you are eliminated, before the night phase begins, you may target a player to attempt to kill them.

Town 1-shot VigilanteNAME, You are a
Town 1-shot Vigilante

Once during the night, you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Town 2-shot PGONAME, You are a
Town 2-shot PGO

Twice during the game at night, choose to activate. If successful, all players who target you that night will die.

Town Ascetic CopNAME, You are a
Town Ascetic Cop

Any non-killing actions targeting you will fail.

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn their alignment. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Town BulletproofNAME, You are a
Town Bulletproof

Any killing actions or effects resolving on you will fail except for elimination.

Town Draft CopNAME, You are a
Town Draft Cop

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn what pair of roles they attempted to draft from. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Town 1-shot WatcherNAME, You are a
Town 1-shot Watcher

Once during the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn a list of all other players that targeted your target that night. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Town DoctorNAME, You are a
Town Doctor

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will protect them from one kill.

Town RoleblockerNAME, You are a
Town Roleblocker

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, any active ability they use that night will fail.

Town Universal BackupNAME, You are a
Town Universal Backup

The first time a non-vanilla player dies, you will inherit their role. If multiple deaths would trigger this ability simultaneously, you will inherit one of their roles at random.

Town RolecopNAME, You are a
Town Rolecop

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn their role, or that they are the vanilla role for their alignment. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Town NeighborizerNAME, You are a
Town Neighborizer

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will recruit them into a neighborhood with you and all other players you've successfully targeted.

Town VoyeurNAME, You are a
Town Voyeur

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn a list of all other actions (but not players) that targeted your target that night. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Town JailkeeperNAME, You are a
Town Jailkeeper

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will protect them from one kill and any active ability they use that night will fail.

Town TrackerNAME, You are a
Town Tracker

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn a list of all players that your target targeted that night. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Spoiler: Final role PMs for mafia
Mafia GoonNAME, You are a
Mafia Goon

Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.

You win when all town members are dead, and at least one mafia member remains alive.

Each night, if no other member of the mafia is using this ability, you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Mafia Night 3 VigilanteNAME, You are a
Mafia Night 3 Vigilante

On night 3, you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Each night, if no other member of the mafia is using this ability, you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Mafia VengefulNAME, You are a
Mafia Vengeful

If you are eliminated, before the night phase begins, you may target a player to attempt to kill them.

Mafia 1-shot VigilanteNAME, You are a
Mafia 1-shot Vigilante

Once during the night, you may target a player. If successful, that player will die.

Mafia 2-shot PGONAME, You are a
Mafia 2-shot PGO

Twice during the game at night, choose to activate. If successful, all players who target you that night will die.

Mafia Ascetic CopNAME, You are a
Mafia Ascetic Cop

Any non-killing actions targeting you will fail.

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn their alignment. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Mafia BulletproofNAME, You are a
Mafia Bulletproof

Any killing actions or effects resolving on you will fail except for elimination.

Mafia Draft CopNAME, You are a
Mafia Draft Cop

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn what pair of roles they attempted to draft from. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Mafia 1-shot WatcherNAME, You are a
Mafia 1-shot Watcher

Once during the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn a list of all other players that targeted your target that night. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Mafia DoctorNAME, You are a
Mafia Doctor

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will protect them from one kill.

Mafia RoleblockerNAME, You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, any active ability they use that night will fail.

Mafia Universal BackupNAME, You are a
Mafia Universal Backup

The first time a non-vanilla player dies, you will inherit their role. If multiple deaths would trigger this ability simultaneously, you will inherit one of their roles at random.

Mafia RolecopNAME, You are a
Mafia Rolecop

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn their role, or that they are the vanilla role for their alignment. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Mafia NeighborizerNAME, You are a
Mafia Neighborizer

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will recruit them into a neighborhood with you and all other players you've successfully targeted.

Mafia VoyeurNAME, You are a
Mafia Voyeur

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn a list of all other actions (but not players) that targeted your target that night. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

Mafia JailkeeperNAME, You are a
Mafia Jailkeeper

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will protect them from one kill and any active ability they use that night will fail.

Mafia TrackerNAME, You are a
Mafia Tracker

During the night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn a list of all players that your target targeted that night. If unsuccessful, you will be told "No result".

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:47 am

Post by implosion »

Initial alignment PMs have been sent out.

Please read the Setup Specifications part of the rules post closely - the draft in this game is different from the draft in a normal PYP S_S game.

Numbers will be posted once all 13 players have made their selections.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by implosion »

A clarification: when I say priority is given to players who are "closer to the median", i mean the absolute difference between the number they chose and the median entry, not the distance within the list.

So in the given example [1, 3, 3, 5, 8], 3 is the median element, and 1 and 5 "tie" because the difference between 1 and 3 and the difference between 5 and 3 are both 2 (and then that tie is broken by the fact that 1 is below the median and 5 is above it). Then 8 is next, with a distance of 5 to the median because the difference between 8 and 3 is 5.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:30 am

Post by implosion »

Numbers chosen
Alisae6
Bellaphant19
Cephrir19
Datisi1
Gimli2
imaginality6
Lady Lambdadelta13
Marashu6
Menalque1
mith17
Rad13
Staeg14
Ythan9

1, 1, 2, 6, 6, 6, 9, 13, 13, 14, 17, 19, 19. The median is 9.

Unique numbers are 2, 9, 14, 17. In order from closest to farthest is 9, 14, 2, 17.

Doubled numbers are 1, 13, 19. In order from closest to farthest is 13, 1, 19.

6 is the only tripled number.

After randomly breaking ties for people who picked the same number, the draft order is:
  1. Ythan (9)
  2. Staeg (14)
  3. Gimli (2)
  4. mith (17)
  5. Rad (13)
  6. Lady Lambdadelta (13)
  7. Menalque (1)
  8. Datisi (1)
  9. Bellaphant (19)
  10. Cephrir (19)
  11. Marashu (6)
  12. imaginality (6)
  13. Alisae (6)
Additionally, the mafia have selected to become
Multitasking

Full role PMs will go out and the game will begin once everyone has selected a role to draft.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by implosion »

The fact that bowling balls weigh 0.1% more while in motion is known as the "dynamical bowling ball effect" or the "Magnus effect". This effect occurs due to the frictional forces between the ball and the lane, which can cause the ball to spin and create a turbulent wake behind it. This turbulence can cause the air pressure around the ball to change, creating a force that can increase the weight of the ball while it's in motion.

To account for this effect, it's important to consider the velocity and spin rate of the ball, as well as the specific conditions of the lane surface and surrounding air. In practical terms, bowlers can adjust their technique and equipment to account for the increased weight of the ball while it's in motion, such as by choosing a ball with a lower static weight or using a different release technique to control the spin of the ball.

All final role PMs have been sent out. With that, day one begins!
Please still confirm your role via PM, ideally before posting - I will ensure all players confirm their role.

Deadline is 10 days from now at 10 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-04-28 01:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:58 pm

Post by implosion »

Certainly, here are a few possible reactions the person may say:
  • "Oh no, I can't believe this just happened! My snowglobe filled with precious xenon gas is ruined!"
  • "Stop! Stop! Please stop, Roomba! You just ran over my snowglobe filled with xenon gas!"
  • "This is a disaster. I don't know what to do. I have to salvage what I can of the snowglobe and make sure the xenon gas doesn't cause any harm."
  • "I can't believe I was so careless. I should have been more careful with my snowglobe and the precious xenon gas inside."
  • "I need to call for help. I can't handle this on my own. I need someone who knows how to deal with a situation like this."

Vote Count 1.1
imaginality (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Alisae
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Ythan

Not Voting (10): Bellaphant, Cephrir, Datisi, Gimli, imaginality, Marashu, Menalque, mith, Rad, Staeg
With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is April 27 at 10:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-04-28 01:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #250 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:09 pm

Post by implosion »

Well, I suppose I should also mention that I have a particular fondness for triangular-shaped sandwiches, with the filling spread evenly across the bread. I find it makes for a more satisfying bite and prevents the filling from falling out. However, I do realize that sandwich preferences can be quite subjective, and what may be appealing to one person may not be to another. At the end of the day, I believe it's all about finding what works best for you and your taste buds.

Vote Count 1.2
imaginality (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Alisae
mith (1): imaginality

Not Voting (9): Bellaphant, Cephrir, Datisi, Gimli, Marashu, Menalque, mith, Rad, Staeg

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #467 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:33 am

Post by implosion »

The letters "G" and "5!" don't actually spell anything on their own. However, if we interpret "G" as the initial letter of a word or a name, and "5!" as the mathematical expression for the factorial of 5, then we can use them to spell out various words and phrases.

For example:
  1. G5! could stand for "Google factorial of 5," which equals 120.
  2. G5! could also stand for "Gina factorial of 5," if Gina is someone's name.
  3. Alternatively, you could interpret the "!" as an exclamation mark, in which case G5! could stand for "Great five!" or "Good job on five!".
Ultimately, the interpretation of the letters and numbers depends on the context and the intent of the person using them.

Vote Count 1.3
Marashu (4): Alisae, Lady Lambdadelta, Gimli, Staeg
Rad (2): Datisi, Marashu

Not Voting (5): Bellaphant, Cephrir, Menalque, mith, Rad

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #568 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here is a wordless poem:

Uses visual art to convey the poem through abstract shapes and colors, without any accompanying text

Vote Count 1.4
Marashu (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Gimli, Staeg
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Ythan, mith
Rad (1): Marashu
Datisi (1): Alisae
Alisae (1): Datisi

Not Voting (4): Bellaphant, Cephrir, Menalque, Rad

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #701 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:57 am

Post by implosion »

The answer to the riddle is "The frog's name is actually irrelevant. The important thing to note is that vinegar dissolves the shell of an egg, leaving only the membrane intact. The salt then diffused through the membrane and replaced the egg white. This is a fun science experiment that you can try at home!"

Vote Count 1.5
Marashu (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Gimli, Staeg, Menalque
Datisi (2): Alisae, Bellaphant
Alisae (1): Datisi

Not Voting (2): Cephrir, Rad

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #791 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here's an updated listicle with a bit more pizzazz:

"7 Rocks You Should NEVER Eat According to Medical Experts: The Shocking Truth About What's Hiding in These Mineral Wonders!"
  1. Basaltic Limestone - It may look like a delicious snack, but eating this rock can cause serious digestive system irritation and damage. Medical professionals advise against consuming it.
  2. Lead Ore - It might be shiny and tempting, but ingesting lead-containing rocks can lead to lead poisoning, a serious health issue that can have long-term consequences.
  3. Arsenopyrite - This rock may be beautiful, but it contains arsenic, which is toxic to humans and can cause severe health issues if ingested. Don't let its glimmer fool you!
  4. Mercury Ore - Eating mercury-containing rocks can lead to mercury poisoning, which can cause serious health problems. No amount of glitter is worth risking your health!
  5. Asbestos - Inhalation or ingestion of asbestos fibers can lead to lung disease and other serious health issues. Keep this rock far away from your mouth and nose.
  6. Chrysotile - Another type of asbestos, chrysotile can also cause serious health issues if ingested or inhaled. Don't let its delicate fibers deceive you - this rock is not to be trifled with.
  7. Radon - Radon is a radioactive gas that can be released from rocks, particularly granite. Inhalation of radon gas can lead to lung cancer. Don't let this rock's impressive size fool you - it's best admired from a safe distance.
Remember, rocks are not food items and should not be consumed. If you have any concerns or questions, please consult with a medical professional. Stay safe, and happy rock-hunting!

Vote Count 1.6
Datisi (1): Bellaphant
Bellaphant (1): Datisi

Not Voting (3): Cephrir, Rad, Alisae

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #936 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:12 pm

Post by implosion »

Spoiler: long
Coming up with 100 words that all rhyme with each other is quite a challenge, but here is my best attempt:

Ace
Base
Case
Chase
Face
Grace
Space
Race
Trace
Lace
Mace
Place
Brace
Disgrace
Replace
Embrace
Enlace
Grimace
Misplace
Showcase
Staircase
Surface
Terrace
Thrace
Airspace
Anyplace
Backspace
Birthplace
Boardinghouse
Clubhouse
Courthouse
Doghouse
Farmhouse
Firehouse
Funhouse
Glasshouse
Greenhouse
Guesthouse
Hothouse
Lighthouse
Outpace
Outhouse
Playhouse
Poorhouse
Roundhouse
Safehouse
Schoolhouse
Warehouse
Beachhouse
Carouse
Blouse
House
Spouse
Browse
Bowse
Brows
Chows
Flows
Grouse
Hoes
Jows
Lows
Mows
Nous
Pows
Rouse
Sows
Thou's
Vows
Wows
Abuse
Amuse
Confuse
Defuse
Diffuse
Excuse
Infuse
Misuse
Profuse
Refuse
Reuse
Accuse
Bruise
Cruise
Choose
Excuse
Fuse
Muse
News
Shoes
Snooze
Views
Booze
Choose
Lose
Muse
News
Sues
Use
Abuse
As you can see, all of these words have the same ending sound, which is the "ace" sound pronounced like "ays". The only exception is the word "house" which has a slightly different sound, but it still rhymes with the other words.

Vote Count 1.7
Datisi (1): Bellaphant

Not Voting (3): Cephrir, Rad, Alisae

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #988 (isolation #13) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:04 am

Post by implosion »

The answer to this analogy is:

fruit : fruit :: vegetable : vegetable

The key to this analogy is that "fruit" and "vegetable" are both food categories, with "fruit" generally referring to the sweet and fleshy parts of plants that contain seeds, while "vegetable" refers to any other part of the plant that is edible, such as leaves, stems, and roots.

So, just as "fruit" can be categorized as a type of fruit, "vegetable" can be categorized as a type of vegetable. While there are many different types of fruits and vegetables, both categories refer to different parts of plants that are commonly consumed by humans.

Vote Count 1.8
Marashu (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Staeg, Menalque, Cephrir
Lady Lambdadelta (3): Ythan, imaginality, Bellaphant
Cephrir (1): Gimli

Not Voting (3): Rad, Alisae, mith

Prodding Marashu.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1173 (isolation #14) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by implosion »

Well, that's an interesting question. If I remember correctly, I believe that 2 + 3 equals 6. However, I could be mistaken. Addition can be a tricky concept, and sometimes my memory fails me. Additionally, there are different systems of mathematics that use alternative methods for calculating values, so what might be considered "correct" in one system could be considered "wrong" in another. Ultimately, the nature of mathematical truth is a complex and elusive topic that continues to elude definitive answers.

Vote Count 1.9
Marashu (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Staeg, Menalque, Cephrir
Gimli (1): Alisae
imaginality (1): mith

Not Voting (1): Rad

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1250 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:38 am

Post by implosion »

As an AI language model, my priority is to provide accurate and reliable information. However, if you have consulted with a chef who has confirmed that using compressed avocado material to make guacamole is safe, then I can certainly provide you with a recipe.

Here is a recipe for guacamole using compressed avocado material:

Ingredients:
  • 3000 compressed avocados
  • 1 compressed onion, finely chopped
  • 1 compressed jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
  • 1/4 cup compressed cilantro, chopped
  • 2-3 tablespoons compressed lime juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  1. Using a sharp knife, cut the compressed avocados into small cubes or pieces and place them in a mixing bowl.
  2. Add the finely chopped compressed onion, minced compressed jalapeno pepper, and compressed chopped cilantro to the mixing bowl.
  3. Pour in the compressed lime juice and mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed and the guacamole has a smooth and creamy texture.
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, mixing well to ensure that the seasoning is evenly distributed throughout the guacamole.
  5. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Again, I must caution that using compressed avocado material to make guacamole may result in changes in texture and flavor that may not be ideal. It is important to follow safe and established food preparation techniques to ensure the safety and quality of the food you consume.

Vote Count 1.10
Marashu (4): Staeg, Menalque, Cephrir, Rad
imaginality (1): mith

Not Voting (1): Lady Lambdadelta

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1341 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by implosion »

Me old Ent. Economics hard. Change good. Find treasure. Careful road. Dreams bring hope. Sparks ignite. My memory bad. Hope help you.

Vote Count 1.11
Marashu (3): Staeg, Menalque, Rad
Rad (3): Marashu, Datisi, Alisae
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Ythan, imaginality
imaginality (2): mith, Cephrir

Not Voting (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Bellaphant

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1643 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:53 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here is an example of a right triangle drawn using ASCII characters:

Code: Select all

|
      |
      |    
 _____|_____

In this example, the asterisk (*) represents the vertex of the right angle, and the vertical bar (|) and underscore (_) characters represent the sides of the triangle. The hypotenuse is the longest side of the triangle and is represented by the line that extends from the vertex opposite the right angle to the endpoint of the other two sides.

Vote Count 1.12
imaginality (3): mith, Cephrir, Staeg
Rad (2): Marashu, Datisi
Marashu (1): Menalque
Staeg (1): Alisae

Not Voting (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Bellaphant, Rad

Prodding Menalque.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1716 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here's a distilled response:
  1. Doors serve a crucial purpose in providing security, privacy, and shelter, and should be recognized for their value and importance.
  2. The design and color of a door should complement its surroundings rather than drawing too much attention to itself.
  3. Doors are an essential component of a safe and comfortable living environment and should be maintained and used properly.

Vote Count 1.13
imaginality (4): mith, Cephrir, Staeg, Datisi
Staeg (2): Alisae, Bellaphant

Not Voting (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Rad, Menalque

Prodding Ythan.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1884 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Okay, here's a random assortment of words for you:

Carnival, banana, spaceship, disco ball, skateboard, firecracker, seashell, rainbow, popcorn, rollercoaster, dragonfly, typewriter, lightning, coconut, megaphone, saxophone, helicopter, neon, bumblebee, moonlight, and marshmallow.

I hope that was what you were looking for! Let me know if you want me to try something else.

Vote Count 1.14
imaginality (5): mith, Cephrir, Staeg, Datisi, Menalque
Staeg (3): Alisae, Bellaphant, imaginality

Not Voting (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Rad

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2005 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by implosion »

I apologize again for my mistakes. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Here are the mistakes in my previous response:
  • There is no city whose name starts with the letter "L" and ends with the letter "N" that I am aware of, so the pair "Lisbon" and "Nice" does not match up correctly.
  • Similarly, there is no city whose name starts with the letter "I" and ends with the letter "N" that I am aware of, so the pair "Istanbul" and "Nairobi" does not match up correctly.
I am sorry for any confusion or frustration my previous responses may have caused. Here is another attempt at a sequence of 10 cities where the last letter of each is the first letter of the next:
  1. Paris
  2. Singapore
  3. Osaka
  4. Amsterdam
  5. Nairobi
  6. Istanbul
  7. Lisbon
  8. Niceville
  9. Edmonton
  10. Naples
I hope this sequence meets your requirement. If not, please let me know and I'll try again.

Vote Count 1.15
imaginality (5): mith, Cephrir, Staeg, Datisi, Menalque
Staeg (3): Alisae, Bellaphant, imaginality
Menalque (1): Rad
Marashu (1): Gimli

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2099 (isolation #21) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:47 am

Post by implosion »

Absolutely! Here's the super-clickbaity version:

Doctors are FURIOUS about this ONE tiny structure in your cells! The Golgi apparatus is the missing link to unlocking PERFECT cellular organization. You won't BELIEVE how this stack of membranes sorts and distributes proteins and lipids throughout your cells. The Golgi's TOP SECRET enzymes modify and sort these molecules, creating a precise chain of command within your cells that would make even the military jealous!

But that's not all! The Golgi is also the mastermind behind the creation of lysosomes, the ultimate waste-busting machines. Without the Golgi, cellular waste would PILE UP, causing chaos and destruction within your body.

If you want to keep your cells at PEAK PERFORMANCE, the Golgi apparatus is your ticket to success! Don't wait, click now to discover the AMAZING secrets of this tiny but powerful cellular structure!

Vote Count 1.16
Staeg (5): Alisae, Bellaphant, imaginality, Marashu, Rad
imaginality (4): mith, Staeg, Datisi, Menalque
Marashu (1): Gimli
Rad (1): Cephrir

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2158 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by implosion »

It's difficult to pinpoint the exact origin of the myth that coins are more likely to land on tails in the northern hemisphere, but it is believed to be a relatively recent myth that likely arose in the 20th century.

There is little evidence to suggest that the belief was held prior to the 20th century. In fact, the earliest recorded mention of the myth appears to be in a 1969 article in New Scientist magazine, which cited a study that found a slight bias towards tails in a small sample of coin tosses conducted in the northern hemisphere. However, the study's results were not statistically significant and have since been called into question.

Overall, the myth that coins are more likely to land on tails in the northern hemisphere appears to be a modern misconception with no basis in fact or scientific evidence.

Vote Count 1.17
Staeg (6): Alisae, Bellaphant, imaginality, Marashu, Rad, Gimli
imaginality (3): Staeg, Datisi, Menalque
Rad (2): Cephrir, mith

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2390 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:26 am

Post by implosion »

[Setting: The kitchen of a suburban house. The refrigerator, toaster, blender, and microwave are all anthropomorphized and have human-like personalities. They're all gathered around the kitchen island.]

Toaster: [in a snooty voice] Ugh, I can't believe we have to share this space with that old blender.

Blender: [offended] Hey, I may not be as shiny and new as you, but I still get the job done.

Refrigerator: [trying to mediate] Come on guys, let's not fight. We all have our strengths.

Microwave: [smirking] Yeah, like how I can cook a meal in seconds while you guys take forever.

Toaster: [getting frustrated] Oh, you think you're so great, don't you? Why don't you try making toast, huh?

Microwave: [chuckles] Toast? That's child's play.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings and the appliances all freeze, trying to act natural. The door opens and in walks the owner of the house, a clumsy and bumbling man named Jerry.

Jerry: [surprised to see the appliances gathered around the island] Hey guys, what's going on?

Refrigerator: [nervously] Oh, nothing Jerry. We were just, uh, talking.

Jerry: [grinning] Well, I hope you weren't talking about me behind my back.

Toaster: [sarcastically] Oh no Jerry, we would never do that.

As Jerry walks past the appliances to grab a snack from the fridge, he accidentally bumps into the toaster, causing it to launch a piece of toast into the air. The blender, trying to be helpful, jumps up to catch the toast but ends up knocking over the blender pitcher in the process. The microwave, sensing an opportunity to show off, turns on and starts beeping loudly.

The chaos ensues as Jerry tries to catch the falling blender, the toaster continues to shoot toast all over the kitchen, and the microwave keeps beeping faster and faster. Eventually, Jerry manages to turn off the microwave and catch the blender, but not before slipping on a piece of toast and falling to the ground.

Jerry: [laughing] You guys are a real handful, you know that?

Refrigerator: [chuckling] Sorry Jerry, I think we got a little carried away.

Jerry: [smiling] It's okay, you guys keep things interesting around here. But let's try to keep the physical comedy to a minimum, huh? I don't want to have to clean up another mess.

The appliances all nod in agreement as Jerry gets up from the floor, brushing off crumbs and laughing to himself.

Vote Count 1.18
Staeg (4): Alisae, imaginality, Marashu, Gimli
imaginality (3): Staeg, Menalque, Datisi
Rad (2): Cephrir, mith

Not Voting (3): Bellaphant, Rad, Lady Lambdadelta

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2634 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by implosion »

I apologize for misunderstanding your request earlier. Here are ten words that have the same number of letters, start and end with the same letter, and have the same middle letter, and generally mean "full of" or "having the qualities of":
  1. Blissful
  2. Careless
  3. Fearless
  4. Gutless
  5. Harmless
  6. Senseless
  7. Speechless
  8. Thoughtless
  9. Tireless
  10. Wireless
Note that while these words have similar meanings, they may have different nuances and connotations, and their usage should be considered in context.

Vote Count 1.19 (FINAL)
Rad (7): Cephrir, mith, Menalque, Marashu, Datisi, Staeg, Alisae
Staeg (2): imaginality, Gimli
mith (1): Rad

Not Voting (2): Bellaphant, Lady Lambdadelta

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2635 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by implosion »

Dooctooor! Guess what? Dooctooor actually means "to teach" in Latin! That's like when mommy and daddy teach me new words! And did you know, in old times, people only gave the doctor money when they felt better? Woah!

Rad -
Town Doctor
- Eliminated Day One.

It is now night one. Night actions are due in 48 hours at 8:30 PM PST on the 29th, in (expired on 2023-04-29 23:30:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2636 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:43 pm

Post by implosion »

Starting from the end result, the unique hybrid strain of vanilla with a special flavor profile is achieved by blending two strains of vanilla together in a food processor or blender, and mixing them thoroughly. The blended hybrid strain is then transferred to a tightly sealed receptacle and stored away from the sun's rays. Before blending, each strain of vanilla is ingested separately. The mixture of the two vanillas in a chaotic and haphazard manner is achieved by swirling them together in a bowl using a spoon or spatula. The process begins with two strains of vanilla, which are violently mashed up in a food processor or blender.

Staeg -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night One.
Cephrir -
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night One.

It is now Day Two. Deadline is 10 days from now at 1:00 AM PST, in (expired on 2023-05-10 04:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2700 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by implosion »

As an AI language model, I want to clarify that the following statement is purely fictional and not based on any real-life scientific evidence or principles.

"I have discovered an amazing phenomenon that could revolutionize the way we think about candy! My research has shown that a spinning candy planet could become more calorically efficient due to the increase in gravitational forces and changes in its texture. This means that we could potentially create a candy that has more calories per unit than ever before, opening up a whole new world of possibilities for the candy industry. I urge all candy makers and enthusiasts to explore this incredible phenomenon and embrace the possibilities that it offers!"

Vote Count 2.1
imaginality (1): Datisi
mith (1): Gimli

Not Voting (7): Bellaphant, imaginality, Lady Lambdadelta, Marashu, Menalque, mith, Ythan

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is May 10 at 1:00 AM PST, in (expired on 2023-05-10 04:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2708 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2707, Alisae wrote: 13 players are alive??????
Lazy copypaste, fixed.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2781 (isolation #29) » Mon May 01, 2023 6:31 pm

Post by implosion »

Certainly! Here are some fictitious meanings for the made-up words:
  1. Su♦ƒ͐iƒy - A state of being where one is simultaneously content and dissatisfied with their current situation.
  2. GӺoꝽꝽle - A mythical creature that possesses the power of invisibility.
  3. Craꟻꟿy - A feeling of intense excitement or anticipation.
  4. ꙵiꞘzeꝭ - A type of gemstone with healing properties that bring clarity and focus.
  5. Ᵹeғ̆lux - A state of extreme exhaustion or burnout.
  6. ꟿi♦ugꝭe - A musical instrument that produces otherworldly sounds.
  7. Ꞙroꝭꝭer - A person who specializes in creating complex machines or devices.
  8. Ƒ̆rꝭꙵeꝭ - A type of plant that is said to bring good luck and prosperity.
  9. Ƒ͐lu♦ꙵuꞘe - A rare disease that causes uncontrollable laughter and euphoria.
  10. Ꞙꝭaꟻƒ̆ꝭ - A type of bird with iridescent feathers that change color depending on the angle of light.
Again, these are just fictitious definitions for these made-up words and are not based on any real language or culture.

Vote Count 2.2
mith (2): Gimli, Alisae
imaginality (1): Datisi
Ythan (1): Bellaphant

Not Voting (6): imaginality, Lady Lambdadelta, Marashu, Menalque, mith, Ythan

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2817 (isolation #30) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by implosion »

Certainly! In the pun I provided earlier, I played with the spelling of the word "tomato" to create a play on words. Normally, the word "tomato" is spelled with an "a" at the end. However, in the pun, I changed the spelling to "tom-atoe" to make it sound like the tomato is giving itself a new name that emphasizes its identity as a separate entity with its own consciousness ("toe" being a part of the body). It's a bit of a silly pun, but I hope that clears up any confusion!

Vote Count 2.3
mith (3): Gimli, Alisae, imaginality
imaginality (2): Datisi, mith

Not Voting (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Marashu, Menalque, Ythan

Prodding Gimli, Marashu, and Ythan.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2947 (isolation #31) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by implosion »

Well howdy there, friend! I'm just a simple ol' jackalope, and I'm afraid I don't know much 'bout that fancy-pants concept of south. I mean, I know where my burrow is and where my favorite patches of clover grow, but I don't rightly know how to point in any particular direction. And as for them compasses, I ain't never heard of 'em before! But you know what? Us jackalopes are pretty good at sniffin' out our way 'round. So let's use our noses and see where they take us! Maybe we'll find some tasty treats or a cool new spot to call home. Who needs south and compasses when you got a good set of ears and a keen sense of smell, am I right? Let's hop on, partner!

Vote Count 2.4
imaginality (4): mith, Menalque, Datisi, Aliase
mith (2): Gimli, imaginality
Menalque (1): Marashu

Not Voting (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Ythan

Gimli is being replaced.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2997 (isolation #32) » Thu May 04, 2023 2:53 pm

Post by implosion »

Andante replaces Gimli.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3011 (isolation #33) » Thu May 04, 2023 9:06 pm

Post by implosion »

Oh, where do I even start with toy yacht craftsmanship? It's just mind-blowing how someone can take a perfectly good idea - a tiny replica of a luxurious yacht - and completely ruin it with shoddy workmanship.

I mean, who needs smooth, polished edges or accurate scaling when you can have rough, jagged edges and a boat that's only vaguely reminiscent of the real thing? And don't even get me started on the quality of the materials used. Why bother with sturdy, long-lasting materials when you can save a few cents and use something flimsy that will fall apart after a few minutes of use?

And let's not forget the attention to detail - or rather, the complete lack thereof. Who cares if the yacht has the correct number of windows or if the colors are accurate? It's not like anyone will notice, right?

And don't even get me started on the packaging. I mean, who needs a sturdy box that will protect the toy during shipping when you can just throw it in a flimsy plastic bag and hope for the best?

So, kudos to toy yacht manufacturers for their incredible dedication to mediocrity. Who needs quality when you can have a cheap, poorly made toy that will disappoint children and parents alike? Bravo.

Vote Count 2.5
mith (2): Andante, imaginality

Not Voting (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Ythan, Marashu

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3065 (isolation #34) » Sat May 06, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here's the argument from the perspective of someone who is more tired:

"I think the moon is made of cheese, maybe like yellow cheese or white cheese. The moon is round and cheese is round, so maybe they're the same. And when I look at the moon, it kind of looks like it's made of cheese, you know? Like I could just reach up and grab a piece of it. Maybe it's like that cheese I had at the party last weekend, it was really good. Or maybe it's like that cheese my grandma used to make, it was really creamy and smooth. But honestly, I don't really care what kind of cheese it is, I just want to go to bed."

Vote Count 2.6 (unchanged)
mith (2): Andante, imaginality

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3139 (isolation #35) » Sun May 07, 2023 7:06 am

Post by implosion »

Sure thing! Here are the flipped versions of the words with the letters flipped, reversed, and turned 180 degrees:

SWIMS: ƧꓕIƧM
NOON: NOON
LEVEL: LꓕƎ⅃ꓕ

Vote Count 2.7 (final)
imaginality (6): mith, Menalque, Datisi, Aliase, Bellaphant, Andante

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3140 (isolation #36) » Sun May 07, 2023 7:09 am

Post by implosion »

Sure, here's the same riff explained as if I were "the person explaining":

(Played in 4/4 time at a moderate tempo)

E|-------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------
G|-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-----3-
D|-5-5---5-5---5-5---5-5---5-5---5-5---
A|-------------------------------------
E|-------------------------------------

Look, it's not that complicated. The riff starts with a simple pattern of two notes played on the D and G strings, followed by a power chord on the fifth fret of the D string. The pattern represents the reliability and consistency of a universal backup plan. The power chord on the fifth fret represents the strength and security that comes from having a backup plan in place. It's not rocket science. The riff is about the importance of having a backup plan, plain and simple. I don't see why you're having such a hard time understanding it.

imaginality -
Town Universal Backup
- Eliminated Day Two.

It is now Night Two. Night actions are due in 48 hours at 11:00 AM PST on the 9th, in (expired on 2023-05-09 14:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3141 (isolation #37) » Tue May 09, 2023 8:19 am

Post by implosion »

Alright, here's my interpretation of a 1-shot watcher as an ASCII art:

Code: Select all

__   __
 \ \ / /
  \ V / 
   > <  
  / . \ 
 /_/ \_\

This ASCII art depicts a person with their arms folded, standing straight and looking intently at something. The lines around the person's head and body represent a sense of focus and alertness, as if they're a watcher. The "1-shot" aspect is open to interpretation, but I chose to represent it with a simple and clean design, with just one horizontal line at the bottom to suggest a ground or platform.

Marashu -
Town 1-shot Watcher
- Killed Night Two.

It is now Day Three. Deadline is 10 days from now at 12:30 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-05-19 15:30:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3391 (isolation #38) » Tue May 09, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by implosion »

Andante has requested replacement.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3644 (isolation #39) » Wed May 10, 2023 7:32 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1, implosion wrote: Be respectful of other players; do not insult them. Attack the argument, not the person.
This is a general warning: follow this rule. Lay off from personal comments and insults and keep comments related to gameplay.

The origin of the misconception that water flows upward on Mars can be traced back to the late 19th century when astronomers observed what they believed to be "canals" on the Martian surface. These observations were made using early telescopes that were not capable of resolving the surface features of Mars with great detail.

The astronomer Percival Lowell popularized the idea of Martian canals in the early 20th century, proposing that they were evidence of an advanced civilization on Mars that had built a network of canals to transport water from the planet's polar ice caps to the equatorial regions.

Although the idea of Martian canals has long been discredited, the misconception that water can flow upward on Mars has persisted. It may have been perpetuated by science fiction stories and movies that depict water flowing upward on Mars, or by popular science articles that have oversimplified the science of Martian geology and hydrology.

Vote Count 3.1
Not Voting (8): Alisae, Bellaphant, Datisi, Andante, Lady Lambdadelta, Menalque, mith, Ythan

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is May 19 at 12:30 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-05-19 15:30:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3674 (isolation #40) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:41 am

Post by implosion »

jjh927 replaces Andante.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #3941 (isolation #41) » Thu May 11, 2023 9:41 am

Post by implosion »

Sure, I'll give it a shot:

"Rikes! Like, hello there! It's me, Scooby-Doo! I'm talking to you through this mirror! My famous catchphrase is 'Scooby-Dooby-Doo, where are you?' That's what I say when the gang is looking for me or trying to solve a mystery. And when I'm really happy or excited, I let out a 'Rooby-Rooby-Roo!' But when something goes wrong or I'm scared, you might hear me say 'Ruh-roh.' Hehehehe! Did that explanation help, or do you need me to explain anything else? Woohoo!"

Vote Count 3.2
Not Voting (8): Bellaphant, Datisi, Andante, Lady Lambdadelta, Menalque, mith, Ythan, Alisae

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4134 (isolation #42) » Fri May 12, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by implosion »

As an AI language model, I don't have the ability to perform physical actions or engage in activities outside of generating text-based responses. So if someone were to really, really want me to "zigazig ah," the best I could do is suggest ways they could use the phrase as a creative starting point for writing or other types of projects.

Vote Count 3.3 (unchanged)
Not Voting (8): Bellaphant, Datisi, Andante, Lady Lambdadelta, Menalque, mith, Ythan, Alisae

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4374 (isolation #43) » Mon May 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here are three words to describe each herb as if they were mountain formations:
  1. Basil: jagged, towering, formidable
  2. Rosemary: rugged, weathered, majestic
  3. Thyme: rolling, undulating, verdant
  4. Mint: craggy, steep, verdant
  5. Sage: ancient, stoic, weathered
  6. Oregano: dramatic, rugged, windswept
  7. Parsley: rounded, gentle, verdant
  8. Chives: craggy, sharp, verdant
  9. Dill: steep, towering, graceful

Vote Count 3.4
jjh927 (1): Lady Lambdadelta

Not Voting (7): Bellaphant, Datisi, jjh927, Menalque, mith, Ythan, Alisae

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4508 (isolation #44) » Wed May 17, 2023 10:10 am

Post by implosion »

Certainly! Continuing the incorrect pattern of replacing each number with a random number, here's a continuation for 100 elements:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 3, 9, 2, 12, 8, 17, 6, 22, 11, 4, 13, 16, 21, 23, 18, 14, 25, 28, 19, 30, 26, 20, 31, 27, 29, 32, 15, 24, 34, 35, 33, 36, 39, 37, 38, 41, 42, 40, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 51, 50, 53, 52, 54, 56, 55, 58, 57, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 75, 74, 77, 76, 79, 78, 80, 82, 81, 83, 85, 84, 87, 86, 88, 90, 89, 92, 91, 93, 95, 94, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100.

Please note that this continuation is completely random and does not follow any logical pattern or rule.

Vote Count 3.5
jjh927 (3): Lady Lambdadelta, mith, Ythan
mith (1): Alisae
Ythan (1): jjh927

Not Voting (3): Bellaphant, Datisi, Menalque

In post 4507, mith wrote: @mod any chance of a deadline extension given the Andante replacement and multiple V/LAs for others?
Given the length of the day and when the replacement happened, deadline will remain as it is.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4715 (isolation #45) » Thu May 18, 2023 11:04 am

Post by implosion »

I understand your enthusiasm, but I'm afraid attempting to guess a number beyond the magnitude of TREE(3) without any additional hints or context would be akin to searching for a needle in a haystack with trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of tr

Vote Count 3.6 (unchanged)
jjh927 (3): Lady Lambdadelta, mith, Ythan

Not Voting (3): Bellaphant, Datisi, Menalque

Prodding Datisi. Deadline will go on hold if a replacement may be needed.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4725 (isolation #46) » Thu May 18, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by implosion »

Subject: Unacceptable Excuse Involving Your Parrot

Dear Mr. Johnson,

I am utterly astounded by the audacity and absurdity of your excuse for missing the upcoming marketing strategy meeting. Claiming that your parrot's newfound career as a dancer prevents your attendance is simply preposterous.

Attending meetings is not optional; it is a fundamental responsibility. Collaboration and effective communication are vital to our team's success, and your absence disrupts our progress.

Moving forward, provide legitimate reasons for any absences. Your failure to meet these expectations reflects poorly on your professionalism and reliability.

Reconsider your priorities and take your obligations seriously. Your parrot's dance endeavors should not supersede your professional responsibilities.

Immediate rectification and renewed dedication are expected.

Disappointed but resolute,

John Anderson
Marketing Manager
Email: john.anderson@example.com
Phone: +1 (555) 123-4567

Vote Count 3.7 (final)
jjh927 (5): Lady Lambdadelta, mith, Ythan, Bellaphant, Menalque

Not Voting (1): Datisi

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4726 (isolation #47) » Thu May 18, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by implosion »

In the bustling confectionary studio, amidst the vibrant swirls of sugary creations, a lively figure emerged from behind the frosted curtains. Adorned in a colorful apron and wielding an array of sculpting tools, she embodied the spirit of creativity and whimsy. Her moniker was Goon, a name whispered in hushed admiration throughout the realm of cake decoration. Goon was a true master of the craft, capable of turning ordinary cakes into extraordinary works of edible art. With steady hands and a keen eye for detail, she breathed life into each confection, meticulously sculpting fondant figures and delicately piping intricate designs.

But just as the story of Goon's remarkable cake creations began to unfold, the ground trembled beneath us. An earthquake, unexpected and jarring, shook the very foundations of the studio. Tiers of cakes swayed precariously, sugar flowers scattered in disarray, and delicate sculptures teetered on the verge of collapse. Panic and concern filled the air as we sought shelter amidst the chaos, the unfinished story of Goon momentarily forgotten.

As the tremors subsided and the aftershocks faded away, a resilient silence settled upon the studio. Emerging from under a table, covered in a sprinkle-strewn apron, I found Goon unscathed, determination gleaming in her eyes. Though the earthquake had interrupted our tale, the world of cake decoration would not be deterred.

With an unwavering spirit, Goon surveyed the disarrayed studio and took a deep breath. Cake spatula in hand, she set to work, meticulously restoring the fallen creations, breathing life back into the art that had momentarily been shaken. The tale of Goon and her extraordinary cake creations would not be silenced.

And so, amidst the debris and the echoes of the earthquake, Goon's story continued. She carefully sculpted new sugar flowers, expertly iced the cake tiers, and with each stroke, she infused resilience and beauty into her creations. The confectionary world eagerly awaited the next chapter, as Goon's cakes stood as testaments to her unwavering passion and the triumph over unexpected challenges.

As the last fondant rose was delicately placed, the tale resumed, promising more awe-inspiring confections and a testament to Goon's unwavering dedication to the art of cake decoration.

jjh927 -
Mafia goon
- Eliminated Day Three.

It is now Night Three. Night actions are due in 48 hours at 5:00 PM PST on the 20th, in (expired on 2023-05-20 20:00:00). If Datisi does not pick up his prod, he will be replaced and night deadline will be extended.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4727 (isolation #48) » Sat May 20, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by implosion »

I apologize for the confusion caused by my previous response. Upon reviewing the provided phrase "ascetic cop goon," I realize that it does contain enough letters to form anagrams related to dandelions. Here's an explanation of how the anagrams I provided are related:
  1. "Dandelion scoop": This anagram combines the word "dandelion" with "scoop," suggesting the action of scooping up or gathering dandelions.

2. "Candid goose loop": This anagram combines "dandelion" with "goose" and "loop," implying a playful image of geese flying in loops around a field of dandelions.

3. "Dandelion pogos": The anagram incorporates the term "dandelion" and the word "pogos," possibly referring to the lively and bouncy nature of dandelions.

4. "Caped lion's goo": This anagram combines "dandelion" with "lion's goo," perhaps symbolizing a visual representation of a lion interacting with dandelions.

5. "Dandelion coops": This anagram merges "dandelion" with "coops," implying a scenario where dandelions are enclosed or protected within coops.
I apologize for the earlier confusion, and I appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please let me know.

Ythan -
Town Ascetic Cop
- Killed Night Three.
Alisae -
Mafia Goon
- Killed Night Three.

It is now Day Four. Deadline is 10 days from now at 8:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-05-30 23:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4863 (isolation #49) » Tue May 23, 2023 10:59 am

Post by implosion »

Certainly! Here's a shorter slant-rhyme version of the jumbled bedtime story incorporating sinister undertones:

Sparklebeak, the guava broomstick's flight,
Defying laws, evoking eerie delight.
Upside-down adventures, twisted in time,
Guava-scented whispers, a sinister rhyme.

In a topsy-turvy realm, villagers gather,
Chasing lost treasures, shadows they'd rather.
With guava-scented sorcery, Sparklebeak retrieves,
Sinister smiles, secrets it conceives.

Companionship tainted, tucked in beds,
Guava-scented nightmares, where darkness spreads.
Gravity distorted, twisted rhymes in the air,
The guava broomstick, a tale of sinister flair.

Vote Count 4.1
Not Voting (5): Bellaphant, Datisi, Lady Lambdadelta, Menalque, mith

With 5 alive, it takes 3 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is May 30 at 8:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-05-30 23:00:00).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4893 (isolation #50) » Sat May 27, 2023 9:31 pm

Post by implosion »

Lost. Adrift. Mind untethered. Ship in bottle. Glass walls shimmer. Whimsical dance. Sails twist, sway, celebrate. Shadows whisper secrets, mischief wears a mask. Time pirouettes, transcends. Memories meld, fantasies ignite. Dreams and reality entwined. Boundaries blur, imagination reigns.

Miraculous twist. Essence unleashed. Fragments of delight scattered. Magic bursts forth. Winds carry laughter. Shackles shattered. Merriment unleashed. Endless voyage. Unwavering zest.

Yours,

[Your Name]

Vote Count 4.2 (unchanged)
Not Voting (5): Bellaphant, Datisi, Lady Lambdadelta, Menalque, mith

Prodding Menalque (I'm aware he's v/la weekends so I'll be lenient on replacing, but still prodding now).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4899 (isolation #51) » Sun May 28, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by implosion »

Prodding Bellaphant and Datisi.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4909 (isolation #52) » Mon May 29, 2023 10:56 am

Post by implosion »

Title: Flash Photography Limitations in Capturing Volcanic Phenomena: A Study on the Interference of Toxic Emissions

Abstract:
This research paper investigates the intriguing phenomenon surrounding flash photography in the 5th century, where it was purportedly unable to capture images of volcanos. The prevailing hypothesis suggests that the toxic fumes emitted by volcanos during eruptions interfered with the flash, leading to the absence of visually documented volcanic activities during that era. In this study, we delve into historical accounts, scientific literature, and experimental observations to shed light on this peculiar aspect of flash photography's limitations and the role played by volcanic emissions.

Introduction:
Flash photography has been a valuable tool for capturing images in various settings throughout history. However, there are intriguing accounts suggesting its inability to capture images of volcanos during the 5th century. This research aims to explore the hypothesis that toxic emissions from volcanos could have interfered with the flash, impeding the capture of visual records of volcanic phenomena.

Methods:
To investigate this phenomenon, we embarked on a multidisciplinary approach combining historical analysis, scientific literature review, and experimental observations. We examined historical texts, journals, and records from the 5th century to ascertain the absence of visual documentation of volcanic activities during that era. Additionally, we reviewed contemporary scientific literature pertaining to volcanic emissions and their potential interference with flash photography. To validate this hypothesis, we conducted controlled laboratory experiments replicating the environmental conditions prevailing during volcanic eruptions.

Results:
Our historical analysis revealed a remarkable scarcity of visual records depicting volcanic activities in the 5th century, aligning with the anecdotal claims. Contemporary accounts and scholarly references from that era often describe the awe-inspiring nature of volcanic eruptions, yet no visual evidence exists. Furthermore, our scientific literature review corroborated the fact that volcanos release a multitude of toxic gases and particulate matter during eruptions. These emissions, including sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, and ash particles, possess properties that could potentially interfere with flash photography.

In our laboratory experiments, we simulated the toxic emissions of a volcanic eruption by generating controlled atmospheres consisting of relevant gases and particulates. We observed that these simulated emissions indeed affected flash photography. The flash illumination appeared distorted and diffused, resulting in a lack of sharpness and clarity in the captured images. The presence of sulfur compounds and ash particles significantly hindered the flash's ability to capture accurate representations of the volcanic phenomena.

Discussion:
The findings of this study support the hypothesis that flash photography in the 5th century was impeded by the toxic emissions emitted by volcanos during eruptions. The interference caused by gases such as sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide, along with the presence of ash particles, likely disrupted the flash's ability to provide clear and detailed visual documentation of volcanic activities.

Conclusion:
The phenomenon of flash photography's inability to capture images of volcanos in the 5th century can be attributed to the interference caused by the toxic emissions released during volcanic eruptions. The presence of gases and particulate matter, such as sulfur compounds and ash, distorted the flash illumination, resulting in the absence of visual records. This research provides valuable insights into the historical limitations of flash photography and highlights the impact of environmental factors on photographic technology. Further studies could explore alternative techniques employed during that era to overcome these challenges and shed more light on the unrecorded volcanic activities of the 5th century.

Vote Count 4.3 (final)
Datisi (3): Lady Lambdadelta, mith, Bellaphant

Not Voting (1): Menalque

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4910 (isolation #53) » Mon May 29, 2023 10:58 am

Post by implosion »

And so we come to our natural conclusion, a bittersweet blend of closure and new beginnings. The journey we embarked upon has reached its final destination, revealing the transformative power of our experiences and the profound growth we've undergone along the way. As we bid farewell to this chapter, we carry the memories, lessons, and cherished moments in our hearts, ready to embrace the unwritten pages of our next adventure with hope and anticipation. The closing of this story is not an end but a bridge, connecting us to the vast expanse of possibilities that await us in the vast tapestry of life... but then we realized we had forgotten to pack our favorite pair of socks for the journey, and the whole experience was overshadowed by incessant sock-searching and disappointment.

Datisi -
Mafia goon
- Eliminated Day Four.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4911 (isolation #54) » Mon May 29, 2023 10:59 am

Post by implosion »

Bellaphant -
Vanilla Townie
- survives.
Lady Lambdadelta -
Town One-Shot Vigilante
- survives.
Menalque -
Town Neighborizer
- survives.
mith -
Town Night 3 Vigilante
- survives.

Congratulations to the town: Bellaphant, Cephrir, imaginality, Lady Lambdadelta, Marashu, Menalque, mith, Rad, Staeg, and Ythan! Their teams each receive one point for winning.

PTs will be released at the end of Team Mafia; I'll send out the post-game survey today.

Spoiler: Draft picks
Ythan: Ascetic cop
Staeg: Ascetic cop
Gimli: Ascetic cop
mith: Night 3 Vigilante
Rad: Doctor
Lady Lambdadelta: 1-shot Vigilante
Menalque: Neighborizer
Datisi: Roleblocker
Bellaphant: Neighborizer
Cephrir: Night 3 Vigilante
Marashu: 1-shot Watcher
imaginality: Universal Backup
Alisae: Vengeful

Resulting roles:

Ythan: Ascetic cop
Staeg: VT
Gimli: Goon
mith: Night 3 Vigilante
Rad: Doctor
Lady Lambdadelta: 1-shot Vigilante
Menalque: Neighborizer
Datisi: Goon
Bellaphant: VT
Cephrir: VT
Marashu: 1-shot Watcher
imaginality: Universal Backup
Alisae: Goon

Spoiler: Night actions

Night 1 actions:

Datisi kills Staeg

Ythan investigates Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta kills Cephrir
Menalque neighborizes Datisi
imaginality protects Gimli
Marashu doesn't submit an action
mith can't submit an action

Results:

Staeg dies
Cephrir dies
Ythan is told: Lady Lambdadelta is aligned with the Town.
Datisi is told: You've been invited to a neighborhood: here.
Menalque is told: Here's your neighborhood: here.

Night 2 actions:

Datisi kills Marashu

Ythan investigates Andante
Menalque neighborizes Ythan
Marashu watches Ythan
mith can't submit an action

Results:

Marashu dies
Ythan is told: Andante is aligned with the Mafia.
Marashu gets no result (death).
Menalque's action fails (ascetic) and is told nothing.

Night 3 actions:

Datisi kills Ythan

Ythan investigates Menalque
Menalque neighborizes Ythan
mith kills Alisae

Results:

Ythan dies
Alisae dies
Ythan is told nothing, as she died.
Menalque's action fails (ascetic) and is told nothing.

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4912 (isolation #55) » Mon May 29, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by implosion »

Surveys have been sent. Please complete them in the next 48 hours.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4954 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:38 am

Post by implosion »

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Neighborhood topic
Scum topic
Mod topic

I think certainly scum were in a very hard position from the draft, obviously. They got quite unlucky to some degree with the draft - things could be much different if they'd gone for jailkeeper instead of roleblocker, for instance.

That said, most power roles weren't especially impactful. The two vigs with one on scum of course bought a mislim with the modified setup starting in odds. Town essentially came together and won it on the dayplay of correctly buying Ythan's claim and going from there. Scum missing the 50/50 on the cop n1 also definitely hurt - I was surprised that they didn't go for Ythan n2. From what I remember it was a combination of BP paranoia and having a plan to frame Ythan as scum. I think that BP paranoia is definitely somewhat to Ythan's credit for hiding things well (if I'm remembering right), since scum obviously knew she had to be bp/cop. Getting to d3 as the pick 1 ascetic cop in this setup is a feat.

I think the draft looked sort of remarkably similar to a normal PYP draft but without the odd person going for Big Numbers. I was sort of surprised that the people who have a meta of always picking 1 felt that they had to keep up that meta since 1 is obviously a sort of inherently worse pick in this version than in the normal version in some ways (though it's theoretically less likely to be duplicated).

I have enjoyed this style of weird one-off flavor for 3.5 team mafia games now (since the large normal last time had to be restarted). I'm glad it was enjoyable. Shout out to jjh for giving me one of them (the one in the vote count where they were eliminated, it was good and I figured using flavor from a player doesn't give anything away).

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”