Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:21 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

TBf both mena and datisi (and ceph a bit) have takes that are just wildly different from mine and I'm struggling with them to work out if the takes are scummy, rather than just 'wrong'. Like, datisi seems to see a lot of what you /I think in a negative light, me as scum reads are super weird, etc.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:23 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Ceph I do just think plays/has experienced pkay that is very different to me; his slight beligerance over the low info lim seemed like he really thought he was correct and I was wrong, rather than him trying to steer the lim onto the slot, if that makes sense?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:31 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1750, Bellaphant wrote: TBf both mena and datisi (and ceph a bit) have takes that are just wildly different from mine and I'm struggling with them to work out if the takes are scummy, rather than just 'wrong'. Like, datisi seems to see a lot of what you /I think in a negative light, me as scum reads are super weird, etc.
if you're town i would like to work with you, but i can't help but feel the imaginality townreads are ??? and suddenly people are trying to push onto staeg, who's top draft, with paper thin reasoning and they don't have a problem with that. like, i don't think the team is smt like imag/bella/ali because that would be quite something, but i can't shake off the feeling that *something* is wrong about this

i ctrl+f'ed your iso, i can't find reasons for staeg being scum other than "they're kinda ghosty" which like. meh. can you give me a tldr of what you think makes them scum?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

Nothing is wrong with this lmfao
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:42 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Cools. Part of it is I really have no reason to tr them: Ans neither does aby of my team. There are slots that produce discussion, but nothing about steag: I tend to find slots I think nothing about end up being scum more often than not.

Then, the massive uptick in his posting when under any pressure looks really coached..plus, a lot of their pressure is in a few places, rather than engagement as a whole. Their scum reads don't make sense and they seem self conscious about this too.

Plus, there's literally zero appetite in my team for imag: I think relying on the numbers is poor and like, the claim when it came is slightly more likely to be town than scum? I think if I was scum with imag I'd be hard bussing and very much pushing no claim.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1750, Bellaphant wrote: TBf both mena and datisi (and ceph a bit) have takes that are just wildly different from mine and I'm struggling with them to work out if the takes are scummy, rather than just 'wrong'. Like, datisi seems to see a lot of what you /I think in a negative light, me as scum reads are super weird, etc.
Tbh w/ Mena I feel like need more. Maybe I need to talk to him more but it’s not like I can’t see what he posted on the page prior as wolf posting and the post I quoted with aaaaaaaaaaaa seemed like subtle manipulation towards lld to me.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:49 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Datisi just has more posts/content so I can see more of it as town, I can see all of menas last page as Wolfy really easily.

Also, on the steag thing, it's also interaction. I know I'm guilty of this back but I feel I've 'interacted' with every other slot in the game, whereas the most content we got fro. Steag was the series of coached looking posts after there was pressure.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

Those staeg posts made me feel nothing
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:59 pm

Post by Datisi »

thanks bella

my suspicion on imag never had anything to do with The Numbers

though i can see what you're saying about their engagement/uptick in posting once under pressure. i don't really think it's enough to try to go there considering everything else, but
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:01 pm

Post by Datisi »

this would be so much easier if i knew anything about staeg beforehand wee

also, on mena - i see how his posts on the last page could be seen as scummy, but i think overall he's still much more townie than scum-him usually has been recently. like he doesn't feel like he wants to commit scooter ankle every time he's posting ig
~M
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I didn't mean to suggest it did :)

I honestly believe that imag's claim, while weird af, makes even less sense as scum. Their early lld push is weird af as scum too? I kinda liked their engagement with mith about it.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:03 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

It's not our strongest read by far, like I said dv has it is 'maybe, but not today '
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Datisi »

oh, i know you didn't mean to suggest it did, it was more of a hint to ask what you thought about the things i said about imag before >_>
~M
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:15 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I just disagree with your take in 1677, especially about the motivation for pushing the top four - what they are saying is just as likely to be true, although slightly less logical. I don't think the way you are suggesting they would behave as town is the way I would.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Like, I don't disagree that the way you are looking at the sitch is about what's optimal and I think you are correct, it's just.... people are weird and I don't think you'd have to be scum to have amde the choices they've made.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:47 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

There's a bunch of people that just don't appear in steags iso barely at all, and even when some of the rest do it's all in relation to lld! It's...weird af.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:01 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1687, Staeg wrote: good one
remember to respond to this when you're back, I do want to understand what was happening there
In post 1684, Staeg wrote:
In post 964, imaginality wrote: Also, having thought about it a little more myself, I think there's also actually a possible advantage to limming top 4 today that might not apply tomorrow.
also didn't notice this the first time around at all, but now @imaginality was this meant as a breadcrumb or what happened here? surely you didn't only then realize that a PR getting lynched would get you a PR?
This was a slight breadcrumb, in that I knew I wouldn't be able to explain my comment there until I roleclaimed. Where you're off track though, is that comment wasn't about me getting a PR, in and of itself - if we lim a VT today I still get a PR if scum (or vigs) nightkill one. What I'd realised was that (from my perspective) if we're going to lim top 4 I'd rather do that today (when I know the PR's coming to me who I know is town), compared with tomorrow (when chances are I already have some different PR). Like in a world where a top draft player claims AwesomePR, and people believe I'm town, it's a little less risky to lim them today compared to the same scenario tomorrow.

That advantage doesn't apply if people are scumreading me, so that's why I didn't allude to it earlier, because at game start I was expecting not to be particularly townread D1. But then I actually was being fairly widely townread up until everyone hated 961 and 964 (the very post you're quoting lol).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:04 am

Post by Marashu »

imag would you mind explaining your Staeg progression from to to ? I feel like I might be misinterpreting 1659 so I'd like to hear more from you about it.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:08 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1756, Bellaphant wrote: Datisi just has more posts/content so I can see more of it as town, I can see all of menas last page as Wolfy really easily.

Also, on the steag thing, it's also interaction. I know I'm guilty of this back but I feel I've 'interacted' with every other slot in the game, whereas the most content we got fro. Steag was the series of coached looking posts after there was pressure.
I agree with Bella about all this. Also I find the timing of Menalque voting me in right after Datisi called for consolidation and getting a lim soon quite convenient for scum looking for a time to join the wagon. Especially since Menalque hadn't (hasn't?) caught up so is going off his teammate's reads before having a chance to form his own view.

And agreed on Staeg's posting seeming to be a reaction to pressure coming on them. I alluded to that increase in posts, and Staeg justified their initial vote on me with:
In post 1679, Staeg wrote: tldr is I just haven't seen anything that makes me go +town on him (the first time he mentioned the mith scum case I felt quite positively, but the followup/responses to mith's responses didn't go well) and every other post pushes me just a bit further in the scummy direction, lemme go dig for examples
And then while posting the examples a little while later, they still don't give any view on my roleclaim which came right after their vote on me. Which feels unnatural for a townie not to comment on but I could see it from scum wanting to fencesit on it or just focused on finding some posts they can criticise rather than genuinely solving me.

With people I townread (Alisae, Bella) townreading LLD I've been considering what if I'm wrong there. I can see how that could fit with a gamestate where mafia weren't being too directive and could sit back while LLD and me were the main wagons that looked possible lims, but as LLD wagon faded and attention started coming on other slots more they've tried to push my lim harder to get me across.

In a town!LLD world, {Staeg, mith, Menalque, Cephrir, Datisi} are my POE. I think Staeg might have been more active earlier if buddies with LLD, but like I say, maybe my LLD read is wrong.

So I'll also answer the wagon consolidation call and
VOTE: Staeg
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:26 am

Post by imaginality »

@Marashu - you can add the above post to the progression lol!

was basically vibes of feeling like "okay Staeg doesn't mind a spot of pressure so probably not nervous scum".
was "what do other people make of Staeg"
was initial take on "Staeg's more recent posts felt off" but without having time to dig into them yet

And is after having reread and feeling my bad vibes about Staeg are justified.

Staeg's still not my top scumread but I'm not getting LLD or mith limmed and Staeg is definitely a wagon I am happy to join and put my name to.

(I can definitely see Bella's theory that Staeg is getting guidance from their team as a possibility. Staeg's recent posts about me for example could have been based on stuff from their team chat. And I can imagine a teammate saying "you should keep the focus on imaginality and get him limmed before you become a viable counterwagon")
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:43 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1766, imaginality wrote:
In post 1687, Staeg wrote: good one
remember to respond to this when you're back, I do want to understand what was happening there
In post 1684, Staeg wrote:
In post 964, imaginality wrote: Also, having thought about it a little more myself, I think there's also actually a possible advantage to limming top 4 today that might not apply tomorrow.
also didn't notice this the first time around at all, but now @imaginality was this meant as a breadcrumb or what happened here? surely you didn't only then realize that a PR getting lynched would get you a PR?
This was a slight breadcrumb, in that I knew I wouldn't be able to explain my comment there until I roleclaimed. Where you're off track though, is that comment wasn't about me getting a PR, in and of itself - if we lim a VT today I still get a PR if scum (or vigs) nightkill one.
That's true regardless of whether we lim low or high and definitely doesn't factor into considerations that only apply today and not tomorrow
What I'd realised was that (from my perspective) if we're going to lim top 4 I'd rather do that today (when I know the PR's coming to me who I know is town), compared with tomorrow (when chances are I already have some different PR). Like in a world where a top draft player claims AwesomePR, and people believe I'm town, it's a little less risky to lim them today compared to the same scenario tomorrow.

That advantage doesn't apply if people are scumreading me, so that's why I didn't allude to it earlier, because at game start I was expecting not to be particularly townread D1. But then I actually was being fairly widely townread up until everyone hated 961 and 964 (the very post you're quoting lol).
And here you're thinking about peoples' perception of you, not whether or not town get an additional useful night action - what I would expect a town reasoning process to be here is "if we lynch a scum PR d1, then that's one less night action for scum and one more for town" (unless it's the night 3 vig), but this is conspicuously absent in favor of whether you're townread and will survive longer
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 am

Post by Staeg »

Re: the wagon on me
Everyone who's going "hmmmm coaching??" is in another reality, idk who among Fate, DGB and Feysal you expect is coming in with the "ah yes put 3/4 of the people who have had wagons on them in your scumbucket, don't worry about making it coherent tho nobody will notice" pro tips
While typing this out I did notice that "coaching by Staeg's scumteam" is a much more reasonable hypothesis, but somehow that's not what anyone is saying

Idk what to say on the interaction bit, I ask questions that I want answered and then 50% of the time they just don't; I'm asleep during most of the Alisae posting parties that spawn 6 pages and they rarely contain anything I want to respond to after everyone's fucked off; I don't have anything I want to ask specific townreads and I'm not into the whole "hello can you give your top 3 and bottom 3 reads" thing
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:01 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1768, imaginality wrote: And then while posting the examples a little while later, they still don't give any view on my roleclaim which came right after their vote on me. Which feels unnatural for a townie not to comment on but I could see it from scum wanting to fencesit on it or just focused on finding some posts they can criticise rather than genuinely solving me.
Ah yes, instead of going with an easy "idk this looks like a claim coming from scum" I actually wanted to sit on the fence specifically related to your claim
Your claim on its own doesn't move me in any direction, if you're town you picked it and claimed it for the reasons that you did and if you're scum they were reasons that you already had in your back pocket from the moment a wagon started forming on you - it's the inconsistencies like the one I just mentioned that make a difference between s!imag claiming UB and t!imag claiming UB
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:03 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1769, imaginality wrote: (I can definitely see Bella's theory that Staeg is getting guidance from their team as a possibility. Staeg's recent posts about me for example could have been based on stuff from their team chat. And I can imagine a teammate saying "you should keep the focus on imaginality and get him limmed before you become a viable counterwagon")
How are you posting this right after "looks like Staeg wanted to fencesit on imaginality's claim"
sa vrede?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:05 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 1770, Staeg wrote:lynch
fuck I'm sorry
sa vrede?