Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Mini 2295 | Star Trek uPick - Fin!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

"Look! It's a temporal anomaly! Let's go check it out!" -- Nobody, Ever

Star Trek uPick

A 13 Player Mini Theme Game

Designer and Moderator: fferyllt
Reviewer and Co-Moderator: GuyInFreezer
Reviewers: Syryana & penguin_alien

The Crew
  1. Lady Lambdadelta

2. Mislim Bait
    GreyICE

3. hebichan

4. Aureal

5. Black

6. Kokichi Oma

7. petapan
    KawaiiKame

8. Porkens

9. xyzzy

10. PenguinPower

11. Frogs (hydra of Alisae and SirCakez)

12. Rogue
    (hydra of Malakittens and notscience)
  13. Wavelength
    PookyTheMagicalBear
bold
- confirmed
- prodded

Boldly Going

Spoiler:

Mislim Bait
Aureal
Kokichi Oma
petapan
xyzzy

Boldly Gone

Spoiler:
hebichan,
Seven Of Nine, Borg Liaison of Black Ops
was eliminated on
Frogs,
Khan Noonian Singh, Wrathful Augment of the Temporal Alliance
was killed on
Black,
Lt. Commander Data, Sentient Being of the Temporal Alliance
was vengefully shot down on
Rogue,
Nyota Uhura, Alternate Reality Xenolinguist of the Temporal Alliance
was eliminated on
Wavelength,
Captain Kathryn Janeway, Conscience of the Temporal Alliance
was killed on
Porkens,
The Borg Queen, Ally of Black Ops
was eliminated on
Lady Lambdadelta,
Dax, Trill Symbiont of the Temporal Alliance
was killed on
PenguinPower,
Julian Bashir, Doctor of Black Ops
was eliminated on

Organians (spectators)

Spoiler:
  • Cabd
  • Ydrasse
  • borkjerfkin

Last edited by fferyllt on Thu May 04, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The Star Trek uPick Design Process

• Players choose their three character picks in order of preference -- COMPLETED

• Ideas for roles are brainstormed and reviewed. Every role at this point in the process is a town role -- COMPLETED

• Alignments are randomly rolled.
    This means that any role could be a scum role regardless of that character's goodness or evilness in the Star Trek canon.
    -- COMPLETED

• Roles/abilities are tweaked for alignment and balance -- COMPLETED

• Role Cards are drafted and reviewed -- COMPLETED

• Mechanics are considered/drafted -- COMPLETED

• Role Cards are finalized-- COMPLETED

• Game-specific rules are drafted and reviewed -- COMPLETED

• Game narrative and flavor is finalized -- COMPLETED

• One final review of everything -- COMPLETED
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:49 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Rules:

In-Game Behavior

Site Rules are in effect. Please familiarize yourself and follow them.

2. Posts consisting purely of insults without game content are not tolerated. I penalize such posts with a strike. Three strikes and you'll be replaced. Severe issues will be reported to the listmods.

3. Claiming scum is allowed. Claiming scum with another player (whether as a joke or not) will result in severe consequences for you, and consequences for your team.

4. Play towards your win condition. Gambits are fine, directly harming your own team is not.

5. Loophole abuse is not tolerated.

6. Have fun!

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded in the form
Vote: Player
- bold tags

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Player[/b]
or

VOTE: Player vote tags

Code: Select all

[vote]Player[/vote]

or else they will not be counted. Unvotes are not required to change your vote, but they are helpful.

2. Votes inside of spoiler tags will not be counted.

3. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted. If you notice that your vote hasn't been recorded, please let me know.

4. Eliminations require a majority of votes: (number of living players/2) +1, rounded down. Votes for no elimination will be counted, and a majority of votes for no elimination will end the game day with no elimination.

5. If there's no majority at deadline, there's no elimination.

6. When the hammer vote is cast, all players, including the eliminated may talk freely until the final vote count and eliminated player's card-flip have been posted. If the thread is not locked, it's ok for you to post unless I've specified that it is not ok.

7. Day 1 Deadline is 12 days. Subsequent Deadlines are set at 8 days. Extensions may be granted if there are replacements near deadline, or under other extraordinary circumstances (e.g., site outages, major holidays).

8. Nights will last 48+ hours, rounded up to the nearest midnight or noon US Eastern Time.

Prods and Replacements:

Replacing Out: If you need to replace out of this game, send me a private message about it. Do NOT post that you want to be replaced, or that you have asked to be replaced in the game thread.

I will acknowledge your replacement request by replying to your PM. From that time forward, you are out of the game. Do not make any more posts in the game thread.

This is a site rule that can entail penalties if broken. It applies to all mafia games at Mafiascum.net unless the game moderator explicitly states otherwise.

1. Prods will be given if have not posted in
48 hours

2. You will be replaced if you either do not respond to a prod, or (at my discretion) if you need to be prodded more than 3 times total. You may request for a player to be prodded at any time. Prods requested when a player has been absent for less than 48 hours do not count for replacement purposes.

3. If you are V/LA (on vacation/have limited access), make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, I suggest requesting replacement, but it's not required, unless you are not able to post at all. If a lengthy V/LA is adversely affecting the game (e.g., if you are not able to post minimally during that time), then I may replace you without penalty.[/size]

Misc.

1. Dark Blue (#004080) is the color I will use for mod posts. Please don’t use this color or otherwise try to make your posts look like mod posts.

2. You can talk about the game in the private threads given to you via PM, assuming you were given one. Otherwise, please refrain from talking about this game outside of this thread, and don't talk about other games inside of this game. This is a sitewide rule. See announcement here.

3. No editing, deleting, using invisible texts, write in code, using font sizes less than 70, etc...

4. Don't quote or reproduce any mod-received PMs or other private communications with me. Paraphrasing is permitted. Check with me if you're not sure whether something you want to post is within the rules.

5. Vocaroos, Youtubes, etc, may not be used to make game-content posts. e.g., do not record a vacoroo with your thoughts about the game and post it.

6. I make mistakes. If you notice I make one, please let me know.[/size]

7. Questions are vastly preferable to Modkills. If you're thinking about doing something that you're unsure is within the letter or spirit of these rules and the game of mafia, then ask me privately about it first.

All
private threads inhabited by two or more slots will explicitly not be redacted. Post accordingly.

Game Specific Rules

1. Rolecards will be flipped upon player deaths. Some may require redactions. Those redactions will be noted with [REDACTED] replacing the removed text.

2. There is a unique mechanic in this game. It will be explained if and when the mechanic is relevant.

3. X-Shot actions that are blocked will be refunded. X-Shot actions that fail for any other reason are expended.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

Temporal Alliance
Sample Role PM

Welcome to the strangest temporal anomaly ever observed in the Four Quadrants!

You are
Reginald Barclay, Anxious Dreamer of the Temporal Alliance

You have always taken refuge from your anxieties and stress via dreams, and occasionally via your own little worlds you create on the Holodeck. But now, even your dreams provide no respite from this terrifying temporal anomaly. Nothing makes sense -- strange messages from no one or nowhere you can discern by day, and by night you either cannot sleep at all, or sleep so deeply you can hardly be roused.

Your abilities:
  • Hailing Frequencies Open:
    Once each game day, you will receive an enigmatic message from who knows where in the form of a PM from the moderator. The transmission will contain no lies, but is not guaranteed to contain any information significant to the game.
  • Things that don't go bump in the night:
    Should there ever be a night where no night actions take place, you will be informed of this non-event.
  • Strange New Worlds:
    There may be aspects of your role you have not yet learned.
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
    While you live, you have the inalienable right to use your voice and your vote.
Win Condition:

You win when all threats to the
Temporal Alliance
have been eliminated, or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

As is the norm with uPick games, Star Trek uPick is role madness. There are no vanilla town roles in the game.

The reviewers have concluded this game is balanced and all teams have a fair chance to win, but there is some swing, even after they talked me down from my wildest ideas. If games with swing aren't your cup of tea, Earl Grey, hot, please feel free to let me know you'd like to be replaced.

I will update this post with Confirmation Phase status, so check back occasionally if you're curious about progress!

Role PMs
are going out now
. There are instructions on how to confirm in orange text at the bottom of your role PM. Once 11 of 13 players have confirmed, the game will begin!

If you would like a personal private thread for keeping notes in this game, please let me know and I'll be glad to set you up!

11 of 13 players have confirmed!

Day 1 will start momentarily!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Stardate 57478

An unprecedentedly expansive temporal anomaly has been detected in the Alpha Quadrant near the center of the galaxy. A nearby StarFleet science vessel, the USS Yosemite was diverted to study the anomaly. Apparently in reaction to the scans the Yosemite crew initiated, the anomaly, crackling with huge energy outbursts, extended an inescapable amoeba-like a pseudopodal energy field that enveloped the small science vessel and sucked it in.

From within, the anomaly was completely dark. No stellar winds, no subspace crackles, no photons or neutrinos. Nothing, except dozens of vessels from different time periods and spacefaring civilizations, their portholes twinkling merrily with lights from within like holiday ornaments. Humanoid life forms were detected on every ship. Communication channels clamored, some demanding the Yosemite identify itself, some relieved the Yosemite was a Federation vessel, some offering alliance, some threatening destruction if the science vessel didn't immediately pledge neutrality.

A fuzzy understanding of the situation dawned on the Yosemite's crew amidst the subspace chatter. This anomaly was artificial. There was an apparent out-of-phase control center around which all the other vessels were clustered. Although the ships were from different time periods: from 200 years ago to the Yosemite's present and perhaps beyond, the first ship had been engulfed only two weeks earlier at least as something resembling time passes in the anomaly.

Some of the galaxy's most famed explorers, warriors, rulers, scientists, and diplomats were trapped here, despite what history has recorded about their lives and fates. From an elegant greenhouse colony disk to a dingy freighter, the ships ran the gamut from beauty through utility to decrepitude. And there was a power struggle to gain control of the elusive control center. Some of the trapped personnel simply wanted to go home. Some wanted to control this unknown technology. Some saw a new form of travel and power controlling the past, present and future, and traveling through time. And some were revolted or terrified by the possibility of influencing any point in history or the future with unpredictable results.

One location on the interior barrier of the anomaly seemed to thin and cave in, as though a giant finger were pressing in from the outside. A featureless sphere suddenly popped through, and the anomaly's perimeter smoothed out as though it had never been breached. Instantly, a few inhabitants of most of the ships disappeared, with only the sound of displaced air explosively rushing in to now empty space to mark their removal.

The remaining crews and passengers could only wait.

The handful of individuals who had been removed from their ships found themselves at a festive and colorful party in a huge room whose blank walls seemed to be lightyears away. Music, food, drink, and chatter abounded. A tall, impish looking human(?) dressed in in black, wearing a very wide-brimmed hat and a colorful blanket or cape across his shoulder gestured for attention with his...trumpet. "Welcome old friends, and welcome new acquaintances! I'm sure we will be thick as thieves soon enough! Eat, drink, be merry!"

An accusing voice cut through the rush of questions.

"Q!! Is this your doing??"

"Mine? Oh no! I didn't create this conundrum. I'm only here to help you solve it. The question of
whose
solution I will implement is entirely up to, well," Q guestured expansively, "You!"

"You see, you really shouldn't have learned about this temporal technology at your species' tender age, but there's no use crying over spilt milk. I have gathered you here so you can discuss, argue and otherwise enforce a decision. Shall I free each one of you and your companions to return to your own place and time with naught but memories of our precious
moments
together? Or shall I allow whoever of you can gain control of this lovely little time bubble to use it however you see fit?"

"Let's party! I will enable the winners of this debate to steer Humanity's, nay, the Galactic Hegemony's fate!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.0
Day 1 Begins!

Not Voting (13):
Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, hebichan, Aureal, Black, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, xyzzy, PenguinPower, Frogs, Rogue
Wavelength

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 2, Midnight Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • GreyICE and Rogue have not confirmed yet. They have 48 hours to post, after which I will seek replacements as needed.
  • :]

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.1

"I didn't mean to say that the Enterprise should be hauling garbage. I meant to say that it should be hauled away AS garbage" -- Korax (The Trouble With Tribbles)

Kokichi (2): Black, PenguinPower,
hebichan (2): Aureal, Lady Lambdadelta
Rogue (2): Wavelength, Porkens
GreyICE (1): hebichan
Black (1): Rogue

Not Voting (5):
GreyICE, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, xyzzy, Frogs

Mod Notes
  • If you see vote count errors, please let me know.

Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by fferyllt »

oops!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:02 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.2

"You! What planet is this?" -- -- McCoy (City on the Edge of Forever)

hebichan (4): Aureal, Lady Lambdadelta, PenguinPower, GreyICE
Rogue (4): Wavelength, Porkens, Black, hebichan

Not Voting (4):
Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, xyzzy, Frogs

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

fixed, thanks!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #200 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.3

"Diplomats! The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" -- Scott (A Taste of Armageddon)

hebichan (4): Lady Lambdadelta, PenguinPower, xyzzy, Porkens
Rogue (2): Wavelength, Frogs
xyzzy (1): Aureal, GreyICE
Aureal (1): hebichan
Kokichi Oma (1): Black

Not Voting (2):
Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame

Mod Notes
  • Wavelength is V/LA through March 25.

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #225 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:29 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.4

hebichan (3): Lady Lambdadelta, xyzzy, Porkens
Rogue (3): Wavelength, Frogs, PenguinPower
xyzzy (2): Aureal, GreyICE
Black (2): Rogue, hebichan
Kokichi Oma (1): Black
GreyICE (1): Kokichi Oma

Not Voting (1):
KawaiiKame

Mod Notes
  • Black is V/LA on weekends.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #250 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:24 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.5

Black (3): Rogue, hebichan, Frogs
Rogue (2): Wavelength, PenguinPower
xyzzy (2): Aureal, GreyICE
KawaiiKame (2): Kokichi Oma, Black

Not Voting (1):
KawaiiKame

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #324 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

boldly going

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #325 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.6

Black (4): Rogue, hebichan, Frogs, Wavelength
xyzzy (3): Aureal, GreyICE, PenguinPower
KawaiiKame (1): Kokichi Oma
Frogs (1): Black

Not Voting (1):
KawaiiKame

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #349 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 344, PenguinPower wrote: I should be on xyzzy in the vc above
Fixed, thanks!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #399 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Ahead warp factor one.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #400 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.7

"He's a sorcerer, that one! He reads the thoughts in my brain!" -- Romulan Commander, Balance of Terror

hebichan (5): Lady Lambdadelta, xyzzy, Porkens, Wavelength, Black
Black (3): Rogue, hebichan, Frogs
xyzzy (3): Aureal, GreyICE, PenguinPower

Not Voting (1):
KawaiiKame

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #587 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:41 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.7

hebichan (4): Porkens, Wavelength, Black, GreyICE
Auriel (2): xyzzy, hebichan
xyzzy (1): PenguinPower
Porkens (1): Aureal

Not Voting (3):
KawaiiKame, Lady Lambdadelta, Frogs

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #651 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.8

hebichan (6): Porkens, Wavelength, Black, GreyICE, Frogs, Kokichi Oma
Auriel (2): xyzzy, hebichan
Kokichi Oma (1): Rogue

Not Voting (2):
KawaiiKame, Lady Lambdadelta

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #659 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 1.9 Final

hebichan (7): Porkens, Wavelength, Black, GreyICE, Frogs, Kokichi Oma, hebichan
Auriel (3): xyzzy, hebichan, KawaiiKame
Kokichi Oma (1): Rogue

Not Voting (1):
Lady Lambdadelta

Mod Notes

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #660 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

The lively music has stopped, and the mariachi band has vanished. Seven of Nine's head is bowed and her implants shine dimly in the soft glow of a light that emanates from nowhere and everywhere.

She shakes her head and grimaces slightly. "Humans. So emotional."

"My, my, so much haste! I gave you a quite reasonable amount of time to come to a decision, and what did you do? You
rushed
it." Q smiles sardonically. "Oh well, back to where you came from, mi amigos. We'll reconvene soon."

Q snaps his fingers, and Seven of Nine is suddenly gone. An instant later, you're almost as suddenly standing in your quarters on your own ship.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #661 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

Hebichan was

Spoiler: Role PM

You are

With experience and exposure, you've grown impatient with the way Starfleet regulations too often tie the Federation's hands when it comes to responding to threats and opportunities. Section 31 discovered this and recruited you as an expert on the Borg and Black Ops liaison [redacted]. The temporal anomaly represents both existential threat and unimaginable opportunity for Starfleet, for the Federation, and for a potential alliance of equals with the Borg. You are ready to help grasp the opportunity and and neutralize the threat.

Your abilities:
  • Speak Freely:
    The Black Ops Team are [redacted]. You can communicate privately at any time during the game, day or night here (PT link).
  • You say that I am a human being and yet, I am also Borg:
    Each night you can visit another player. Your implants will detect if that player is or has ever been a part of the Borg Collective.
  • Time to regenerate:
    If you learn that the player you visit is or has been Borg, you have the option to create a neighborhood with the player. Once the neighborhood is established, you can choose to add any subsequent Borg/former Borg you locate to the neighborhood.
  • You will be assimilated:
    Should [redacted] be eliminated or killed, you will be able to assimilate and salvage any actions [they] had not yet used. You will be able to use those actions with the same conditions and restrictions starting on the next Night phase.
  • Critical Intelligence:
    You know that the second to last ability in every
    Temporal Alliance
    role pm is "
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
    While you live, you have the inalienable right to use your voice and your vote as you see fit.
Win Condition:

You win when
Black Ops
achieves numerical parity with remaining non-
Black Ops
players.

The Game thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=90629

Please confirm by replying with a paraphrase or quote of the third Game Specific Rule.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #662 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

Night 1 begins now and will end on March 26, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please send any night action you may have to me and GuyinFreezer by the deadline.

Countdown: (expired on 2023-03-25 21:00:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #663 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Night 1 Actions are due in ~23 hours 45 minutes!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #664 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Interregnum!

Night 1 has ended, but there is a little bit of unfinished business, my friends.

Interregnum will end up to 6 hours from now. Countdown: (expired on 2023-03-26 03:00:00)

I may be otherwise occupied at that time. Even Q have to sleep occasionally. I'll start Day 2 as soon as I can!

For your entertainment, I provide this interlude.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #665 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Khan tossed restlessly, his mind poring over the previous events in that strange
place
the small group of travelers from different ships had experienced. He refused to believe the woman...Seven?...had truly meant no harm despite her protestations. He drifted off finally, only to be awakened by the soft swooshing of the door to Reliant's captains quarters opening and immediately closing. The corridor outside had been as dark as the blackest of black holes. Someone...something...was in the room.

No sound of breathing.

Any footfalls were completely muffled by the carpeting over deck plates.

"Computer! Lights!"

Nothing.

"Computer! Lights!"

Nothing.

And then he was grasped in an iron grip and lifted from the bed like he was weightless. He swung his fists in great roundhouses and he connected with an unseen
shoulder?
, shattering his hand.

Who IS this?

Like burning ice, a heavy...
knife?
sank silently into his chest, and an unseen fist slammed against his head.

He was dropped to the floor and whoever had attacked him returned to the door, which swoosh--swooshed again. Whoever it was who'd
stabbed?
him was gone. No energy discharge, no noise. Silent. Stealthy.

Staggering to a table, He picked up the phaser rifle he'd left there earlier and set it to maximum discharge.

Computer, beam me to the...the new Enterprise, to the officers quarters.
I know it. My killer is there.

The corridor lights were dimmed and the corridor deserted. The crew was either sleeping, on duty, or elsewhere.

Khan
knew
where to go. Such strength as lifted him from the bed one-armed -- it was no human. The name plate beside the door confirmed his instinct. His killer instinct.

He slapped the door open and jumped in, keeping on his feet with nothing but pure will. Dark hair. Strange, pale, almost glowing skin. Yellow eyes. The android.

The android looked up instantly and burst off the chair. The orange cat in his lap hissed with disgust and dove behind the bed.

Khan's superhuman speed was just fast enough to follow the android's explosive movement with his phaser and get off one shot.

It was enough. A fist sized hole was burned clear through the android's head.

Khan gasped, his rage draining as fast as his blood. "
From...hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my...last breath at thee.
"

He collapsed, falling over the body of his foe. From somewhere far away, he heard the last sound he'd ever hear, an alarm claxon. The ship had finally, too late, sensed an armed intruder.

Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #666 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Frogs was

You are

You were part of Project Khan, a 1980s experiment in genetic engineering to create Augments -- superhumans. Superhumanity came with super dictatorial tendencies and the Eugenics Wars. You and some of your Augment compatriots eventually had to escaped Earth in a sleeper ship called Botany Bay. You were found and revived by the Enterprise in the 23rd century, and almost renewed your quest for the domination of humanity, or at least a human-colonized planet. Your quest failed and you and the other survivors of the Botany Bay were left by the Enterprise crew on Ceti Alpha V to colonize the harsh but livable planet. Unfortunately the planet didn't stay very livable and you blame Kirk and the Enterprise for the cruel fate that killed your wife and many of your friends. You want vengeance upon all who contributed to their deaths. The temporal anomaly has interfered with that vengeance. For now, to save the handful of remaining Augments, you have put aside your quest and will cooperate however you can to find a way out of the anomaly.

Your abilities:
  • From Hell's heart, I stab at thee:
    Should you be eliminated or otherwise die during Day phase or Night, you will have your compulsive vengeance. You will be able to choose a player to die with you. If you do not make the choice within 6 hours of my notification, your target will be selected randomly.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Please confirm by replying with a paraphrase or quote of the third Game Specific Rule.

Black was

You are

Your legal status as a sentient being has not been fully settled, but you are officially not property, so that's a start. You have an affinity for the ship's holodeck as a place to explore what it means to be sentient and what being human might be like, and to solve mysteries and challenge difficult adversaries. Your hologram programs have to be carefully constructed to avoid mishaps!

Your abilities:
  • What happens on the holodeck stays on the holodeck:
    Twice during the game, you can spend the night phase in the hologram. Nearly all night actions will be unable to target you there, including night kills.
  • Use language...formally
    You must avoid using contractions in your game thread posts. Slip-ups happen, but if you use contractions more than 3 times in a game day, you will not be able to use the holodeck that night.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #667 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Stardate 57479

Most of the individuals found themselves back in the party room. A few were missing, and things are a bit quieter compared to yesterday. Food and drink, yes. Music and chatter? Not so much.

A constellation class captain's chair suddenly appears in the middle of the endless room. Q has draped himself over it and waves a languid hand. "Let's get right to business. Last night was eventful to say the least, but you have decisions to make and a timeline to save...or create. Hop to it."

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #668 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.0
Day 2 Begins!

Not Voting (10):
Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, xyzzy, PenguinPower, Rogue, Wavelength

With 10 alive it takes 6 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 5, Noon Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-05 09:00:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #749 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

ahead warp factor 1

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #750 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.1

Lady Lambdadelta (1): GreyICE

Not Voting (9):
Lady Lambdadelta, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, xyzzy, PenguinPower, Rogue, Wavelength

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #752 (isolation #33) » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

oops!
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #799 (isolation #34) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

Engage!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #800 (isolation #35) » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:58 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.2

xyzzy (1): GreyICE

Not Voting (9):
Lady Lambdadelta, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, xyzzy, PenguinPower, Rogue, Wavelength

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #849 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Engage

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #850 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.3

xyzzy (2): GreyICE, PenguinPower
Aureal (2): Porkens, Kokichi Oma
Wavelength (1): Rogue
PenguinPower (1): xyzzx

Not Voting (3):
Lady Lambdadelta, , KawaiiKame, Wavelength

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #885 (isolation #38) » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

GreyICE has been prodded.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #903 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Rogue, LadyLambdadelta and KawaiiKame have been prodded.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #938 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.3

Porkens (2): Aureal, Wavelength

Not Voting (3):
Lady Lambdadelta, , KawaiiKame

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #956 (isolation #41) » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Searching for a replacement for KawaiiKame. If they post before a replacement is found, they can continue to play.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #961 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

I'm traveling today, and won't be able to do vote counts for about 12 hours. I will be able to read the thread and check PMs occasionally.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1001 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.4

Rogue (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Wavelength, KawaiiKame
Aureal (1): Porkens
Kokichi Oma (1): Aureal

Not Voting (0):
no one

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1003 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:26 pm

Post by fferyllt »

GreyICE has been prodded

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1025 (isolation #45) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1023, Aureal wrote: At the beep, it will have been five full days since PenguinPower posted here.

My bad. He should have been prodded this weekend. PenguinPower has been prodded.

VC 2.5

PenguinPower (2): xyzzx, Aureal
Porkens (1): Rogue

Not Voting (0):
no one

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1049 (isolation #46) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Searching for a replacement for GreyICE. If he can post before I find a replacement, he can continue playing.

Deadline is paused at 1 day 11 hours.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1055 (isolation #47) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.6

Rogue (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Wavelength, KawaiiKame, Porkens
Aureal (1): Kokichi Oma

Not Voting (0):
no one

New Deadline: April 6, Midnight Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-05 21:00:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1098 (isolation #48) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

et

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1099 (isolation #49) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1100 (isolation #50) » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.7

xyzzy (3): GreyICE, PenguinPower, Kokichi Oma
Aureal (1): Porkens

Not Voting (0):
no one

Deadline: April 6, Midnight Eastern Time

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1149 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 am

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1150 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.8

Rogue (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Wavelength, KawaiiKame, Aureal
xyzzy (3): GreyICE, PenguinPower, Kokichi Oma
Aureal (2): Porkens, Rogue

Not Voting (0):
no one

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1151 (isolation #53) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

KawaiiKame has been prodded.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1174 (isolation #54) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1175 (isolation #55) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.9

Aureal (4): Porkens, Rogue, Wavelength, Kokichi Oma
Rogue (3): Lady Lambdadelta, KawaiiKame, Aureal

Not Voting (0):
no one

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1195 (isolation #56) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

oops!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1198 (isolation #57) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

et

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1199 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1200 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.10

Rogue (5): Lady Lambdadelta, KawaiiKame, Aureal, PenguinPower, Wavelength
Aureal (3): Porkens, Rogue, Kokichi Oma

Not Voting (0):
no one

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1218 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.11 Final

Rogue (6): Lady Lambdadelta, KawaiiKame, Aureal, PenguinPower, Wavelength, Rogue

Not Voting (0):
no one

Mod Notes

An Elimination Has Been Achieved

It will be a short while before I can post flavor and flip. Hopefully not an excruciatingly long wait.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1219 (isolation #61) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The party room didn't stay quiet for long, but the atmosphere was decidedly more chilly than the previous session of discussions. The conversations were more aptly characterized as arguments.

Nyota Uhura felt outnumbered, though she hoped she wasn't the only being in the room who wasn't from the primary timeline. She'd known about this timeline thanks to an elderly Spock making the temporal journey to warn her Federation-Prime of existential threats.

The warnings had not prepared her for
this
. Her universal translater worked fine, but there was just too much difference between the timeline. Her arguments fell on deaf ears. She wondered whose side she was even
on

Q broke the silence "Well, my dear Uhura-prime, maybe this is for the best. You're doubly out of phase."

Another snap of Q's fingers, and she was gone.

And you, too; returned to your quarters on your own ship.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1220 (isolation #62) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Rogue was

Spoiler: Rogue's Role PM

You are

Your career in Starfleet communications took an unexpected and accelerated turn when Captain Pike ordered you to relieve the chief communications officer of the USS Enterprise when he was unable to differentiate between the Romulan and Vulcan languages. You, fortunately were fluent in all three Romulan dialects as well as the Vulcan language.

Your abilities:
  • Subspace Frequencies:
    Twice during the game at night you can choose another player to message. You can anonymously message the player as often as you like for a full day/night phase. To message the player, send the text to me via PM and I will send it along.
  • Universal Translator:
    If you target a character who was part of the Reboot films, you will form a neighborhood with that player. The neighborhood will be active as long as you both are alive.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1221 (isolation #63) » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Night 2 begins now and will end on April 8, Noon US Eastern Time. Please send any night action you may have to me and GuyinFreezer by the deadline.

Countdown: (expired on 2023-04-08 09:00:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1222 (isolation #64) » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Deadline for night actions is in ~11 hours

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1223 (isolation #65) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

Kathryn Janeway sat quietly at a table, staring out the expansive porthole into the coruscating plays of energy within the folds of the temporal anomaly that had ensnared so many ships. She was motionless except for an infrequent sip from her now-tepid coffee. Her mind wasn't on the view. She was racing through the arguments of the last two days, constructing a possible solution that could satisfy the many different interests and concerns represented in the group Q had (arbitrarily?) chosen to settle what to do with the enigmatic device at the center of the anomaly. She quelled the rising anger that came with every fleeting thought about Q once more playing god with the future of galactic civilization, forcing a steely calm in which to plot a course out of this trap.

The view outside changed. The energies increased a millionfold and the outer limits of the anomaly rippled and tossed like an ocean's waves in a heavy storm. Alarms blared. The ship lurched, spun, wallowed as though hurled into an ionic storm of infinite strength. Voyager's gravity equalizers were overwhelmed, and the furnishings in her cabin were hurled randomly against the walls and ceiling. As was Janeway. The lights went out just before the
storm
dissipated.

The door to the corridor opened, and a humanoid silhouette stood framed in the corridor's dim red emergency lighting. The figure stepped into the room, and the door shut.

Janeway didn't hear the figure approach, but braced for battle anyway. To no avail. She was gripped at the throat by an improbably strong hand and lifted like a rag doll. She could feel the
snap
of her own cervical vertibrae under the hideous pressure of the hand.

And nothing more.
Last edited by fferyllt on Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1224 (isolation #66) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

Wavelength was

Spoiler: Wavelength's Role PM

You are

Sitting in judgement of your crew and of other Starfleet officers has never been a part of the Captain's job that you relish, but you bring to bear your conscience as well as the rule of law when justice must be served.

Your abilities:
  • Court Martial:
    Once during the game in a Day phase you can initiate a Court Martial. Initiation must happen before the halfway mark of the game day (by the 6th calendar day on Day 1, and by the 4th calendar day on subsequent Days). To do this, you will PM me and GuyInFreezer, specifying another player you want to also act as judge during the court martial. Another player who is not currently known to you will agree or disagree with the Court Martial action, and will choose who the defendant will be. The thread will be locked between the time you initiate the Court Martial and when the unknown player indicates to me their agreement (or lack of agreement) and specifies the defendant. Then the game thread will be reopened. If a Court Martial has been agreed upon, I will announce the judges (you, the unknown player, and the player of your choice) and defendant. The three judges will will have 48 hours to decide on one of two courses of action by majority vote: To court-martial the defendant, in which case all living players will vote either to eliminate the defendant or not. Or to proceed with a normal elimination where any player may be eliminated by majority vote.
  • Secure Channel:
    Twice each game day you may send an anonymous message to the player who shares court martial decision making with you. The messages can be up to 47 words long. You can use the messages to coordinate the initiation of your court martial, or otherwise as you wish.
  • Requiem:
    If the unknown player dies before you have used your Court Martial ability, then it will fall to you to decide if or when to use Court Martial, choose two judges and a defendant.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1225 (isolation #67) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:51 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.0
Day 3 Begins!

Not Voting (8):
Lady Lambdadelta, GreyICE, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, xyzzy, PenguinPower

With 8 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 17, Midnight US Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-16 21:00:00)

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1251 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.1

Aureal (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta (1): xyzzy
xxyzzy (1): GreyICE
GreyICE (1): Aureal

Not Voting (4):
Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, Porkens, PenguinPower

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1263 (isolation #69) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

KawaiiKame, xyzzy, and GreyICE have been prodded.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1267 (isolation #70) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

Gentlebeings, please take care with pronouns and avoid misgendering.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1269 (isolation #71) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Searching for replacements for KawaiiKame and GreyICE.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1271 (isolation #72) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

Porkens has been prodded

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1276 (isolation #73) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.2

Aureal (2): Lady Lambdadelta, Porkens
xxyzzy (1): GreyICE
GreyICE (1): Aureal

Not Voting (3):
Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, PenguinPower

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1278 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

Deadline is paused at 3.5 days until replacements are found.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1279 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

petapan replaces KawaiiKame

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1329 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.3

Porkens (3): petapan, Aureal, Lady Lambdadelta
Aureal (1): porkens

Not Voting (3):
Kokichi Oma, PenguinPower

Deadline: Suspended at 3.5 days until a replacement for GreyICE is found

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1331 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

PenguinPower has been prodded.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1335 (isolation #78) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

Mislim Bait replaces GreyICE. Please welcome them!

New deadline is Tuesday, April 18 at Noon US Eastern Time (expired on 2023-04-18 12:00:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1354 (isolation #79) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1340, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 1329, fferyllt wrote:
Spoiler:

VC 3.3

Not Voting (3):
Kokichi Oma, KawaiiKame, PenguinPower

Deadline: Suspended at 3.5 days until a replacement for GreyICE is found

Mod Notes

where is porken's vote go?
who is petapan
The vote count has been corrected, thanks!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1370 (isolation #80) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.4

Aureal (1): porkens
xyzzy (1): Mislim Bait

Not Voting (2):

Deadline: Tuesday, April 18 at Noon US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2023-04-18 12:00:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1419 (isolation #81) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Thread locked while I check something.

Deadline paused at 1 day 15 hours.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1420 (isolation #82) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The discussion of out of game stuff has to stop now, and absolutely must not be brought up again by anyone during the game. Save it for postgame.

New deadline is Monday April 16, 1:30 PM US Eastern Time

Countdown (expired on 2023-04-18 10:30:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1467 (isolation #83) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.5

Porkens (4): Aureal, Lady Lambdadelta, Mislim Bait, petapan
Lady Lambdadelta (2): xyzzy, Porkens

Not Voting (2):

Deadline: Tuesday, April 18 at 1:30 PM US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2023-04-18 10:30:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1473 (isolation #84) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.6 final

Porkens (5): Aureal, Lady Lambdadelta, Mislim Bait, petapan, xyzzy
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Porkens

Not Voting (2):

Deadline: Tuesday, April 18 at 1:30 PM US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2023-04-18 10:30:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1474 (isolation #85) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by fferyllt »

A hush fell over the room. Who would have thought a Borg Queen could be overpowered by a handful of unarmed humans? With words?

The Borg Queen certainly hadn't, though her transceivers had been silent since being engulfed by the anomaly. Borg directive 201 prohibited any contact with species 1732. She'd never doubted the directive was critical to follow, but it's hard to avoid
anyone
in a tiny bubble of timelessness floating through the continuum.

She swept the room, meeting the eyes of every being. And each being looked away instinctively. She smiled. "Make no mistake. You
will
be assimilated. All in good time.

Q laughed. "If you'll excuse the crossover,
Not today
"

It took two finger snaps, but Q prevailed. The Borg Queen disappeared.

And you returned once more your quarters on your own ship.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1475 (isolation #86) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Porkens was

You are

The temporal anomaly has disrupted the subspace transceivers that enable you to communicate with and direct every Borg drone in transceiver range. You have never experienced loneliness before. Fortunately Section 31 operatives who are also trapped in the temporal anomaly have made an alliance with you. Your objective? To cooperate for the duration of this emergency. After that, you will pursue your own objectives once more.

Your abilities:
  • Speak Freely:
    The Black Ops Team are [REDACTED] and you. You can communicate privately at any time during the game, day or night here (PT link).
  • Share our biological and technological uniqueness:
    Two times during the the game you can give another player a device. You can give each device once:
    -- Ultimate Personal Weapon. If the player has a night kill (including the factional kill, the player can choose the night to use this weapon. The kill will be unstoppable unless their target either commutes, hides, or is redirected.
    --
    Personal Cloaking Device:
    . On the night the player decides to use this cloaking device, they will be invisible to all motion-based investigations, e.g., tracker, watcher, motion detector, etc.
    The recipient players will be able to use the devices on a subsequent night.
  • Bring order to chaos:
    Twice during the game at night you can take control of a player who is Borg or who has been Borg in the past. You have two abilities you can make the player use for you, and can use each ability once.
    --
    Dedicated bodyguard
    The controlled player will target you with the bodyguard ability that night.
    --
    Dedicated redirector:
    The controlled player will target you with a redirect to themself. Any night action targeting you that night will instead target the controlled player.
    As long as your target is or has been a borg, you will gain control of them. Your action cannot be interfered with. However, the player you control can be successfully targeted with any actions that can prevent the actions you make them take.
  • Critical Intelligence:
    Temporal Alliance
    role pm is "
    Strange New Worlds:
    There may be aspects of your role you have not yet learned."
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
    While you live, you have the inalienable right to use your voice and your vote as you see fit.
Win Condition:

You win when
Black Ops
Black Ops
players.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1476 (isolation #87) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Night 3 begins now and will end on April 19, Noon US Eastern Time. Please send any night action you may have to me and GuyinFreezer by the deadline.

Countdown: (expired on 2023-04-19 09:00:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1477 (isolation #88) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

Night action deadline is in 24 hours.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1478 (isolation #89) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

What does a Trill symbiont know about its environment when it is hostless and far from its homeworld's milky pools? Is it trapped in an endless darkness of sensory deprivation? Does it sense heat? Or cold? The hostless symbiont has its memories, and the memories of its prior hosts, and it has time. A very limited amount of time, unless it is returned to the homeworld or implanted in a new Trill hosts.

Dax is cut off from both chances for survival. Even in medical stasis, the symbiont's condition will deteriorate within hours. And it has been many hours. Time's grip is loose, though, within the temporal anomaly. And Dax drifts, remembering.

Suddenly, the static environment changes. Worsens.

The atmosphere is dangerously dry. Visionless, the symbiont can feel the harshness of a sudden light. And then it's gone.

A searing, stabbing pain cuts through the center of Dax's being. Host memories clamor, panicked.

"Knives!"

"Scalpels!"

"Blades!"

The pain ebbs away in retreating waves. As do the voices. The memories.

The life.

Dax is gone.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1479 (isolation #90) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

Lady Lambdadelta was

You are

Your host's life had been tragically cut short, and you were en route to your home world to be joined with another Trill, when your ship was engulfed by the temporal anomaly. Under normal circumstances you would already be dead due to being without a host for several hours. But the passage of time in the temporal anomaly is glacially slow, if time passes at all. You are not alone, though. The memories, the essence of your pasts hosts are with you, you find it difficult to stay in touch with the outside world. But the hosts are vivid and engaged, giving you comfort and inspiration. You drift, contemplating your lives.

Your abilities:
  • zhian'tara:
    Three times during the game at night you can re-merge with the memories of a past host. Each host has an ability you can use to good effect, but you do not know what abilities your hosts have. Choose one at night and learn what you can accomplish. I will tell you what your choice does, and then you can tell me who to target, if the action requires a target. If you prefer, you can choose a former host before the game Day ends. Then I will tell you what your ability is at the start of the Night Phase. If you wait until night, then keep in mind that you'll need time to submit both choice and target within 48 hours.
    -- Curzon
    -- Jadzia
    -- Ezri
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1480 (isolation #91) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.0
Day 4 Begins!

Not Voting (6):
Mislim Bait, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, petapan, xyzzy, PenguinPower

With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to eliminate

Deadline: April 28, Midnight US Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-04-27 21:00:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1489 (isolation #92) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:04 am

Post by fferyllt »

Please take care with players' pronouns, and avoid misgendering.

Thanks!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1528 (isolation #93) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:44 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.1

kokichi (1): Aureal

Not Voting (5):
Aureal, Kokichi Oma, petapan, xyzzy, PenguinPower

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1530 (isolation #94) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1529, Aureal wrote:
@mod: I'm voting Kokichi.
Fixt, Thanks!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1542 (isolation #95) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 am

Post by fferyllt »

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1573 (isolation #96) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

et

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1574 (isolation #97) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

allez

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1575 (isolation #98) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.2

Kokichi Oma(1): Aureal

Not Voting (4):
Kokichi Oma, petapan, xyzzy, PenguinPower

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1589 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by fferyllt »

xyzzy and PenguinPower have been prodded.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1605 (isolation #100) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.3

PenguinPower (1): petapan
No Elimination (2): Kokichi Oma, Aureal

Not Voting (2):
xyzzy, PenguinPower, Mislim Bait

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1629 (isolation #101) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.4

PenguinPower (1): Aureal
No Elimination (1): Kokichi Oma

Not Voting (2):
xyzzy, PenguinPower, Mislim Bait, petapan

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1647 (isolation #102) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:03 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.5

PenguinPower (1): xyzzy

Not Voting (2):
Mislim Bait, petapan

Mod Notes

Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1653 (isolation #103) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.6 final

Image]

PenguinPower (1): xyzzy

Not Voting (2):
Mislim Bait, petapan

Mod Notes

No Elimination Has Been Achieved

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1654 (isolation #104) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Q smirks.

He chuckles.

He snorts.

"Mes amis! Mis amigos! Ni winikob! What happened? Have the days been too strenuous? The nights too disturbed? Well, I hope you are refreshed tomorrow and able to carry out your duties. Time is running short even in this great expanse of an anomaly!"

Q waves a hand at the band and lifts his trumpet one-handed to his lips. They begin. And he snaps his fingers.

The lively tune echos in your ears when you find yourself suddenly back in your quarters.

What a day.

Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1655 (isolation #105) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Night 4 begins now and will end on April 30, Noon US Eastern Time. Please send any night action you may have to me by the deadline.

Countdown: (expired on 2023-04-30 09:00:00)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1656 (isolation #106) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

Night Action deadline is in ~22.5 hours.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1657 (isolation #107) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:18 am

Post by fferyllt »

The night was over too soon, but at least was quiet. Six left abruptly last night, and six have returned just as abruptly. Surely something happened, though?

The buffet is as replete as ever, as though the number of Q's involuntary guests hadn't been cut in half.

Guitarists and violinists play a lazy tune. The band now outnumbers the guests. Q's trumpet rests bell-down on the floor beside his command chair while he munches on a savory scone and sips tea from fine Starfleet china.

A final sip, and he hands the teacup and saucer to a guitarist.

"Where were we? Oh right. Arguing.

"Carry on!"

Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1658 (isolation #108) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

No one died last night!

But, Mislim Bait is looking a little the worse for wear.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1659 (isolation #109) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:42 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 4.0
Day 5 Begins!

Not Voting (6):
Mislim Bait, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, petapan, xyzzy, PenguinPower

Deadline: May 9, Midnight US Eastern Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-05-08 21:00:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1678 (isolation #110) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

Day 5 is paused momentarily at 6 days 14 hours.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1679 (isolation #111) » Tue May 02, 2023 4:07 am

Post by fferyllt »

"Ordinarily I would handle trials, myself, but just this once I'll let you muddle along as you must to whatever travesty strikes you as just.

"Court Martial!"

The judges are: Kokichi Omo, Mislim Bait and petapan

The defendant is PenguinPower

But before we get to that, all the judges must vote whether you want this court martial to proceed or you want to proceed with a regular elimination where everyone has a vote.

You have 48 hours in which to make this decision. Everyone may discuss. Only votes by the judges will count. The decision will be based how the majority of judges vote. If no decision is made within 48 hours, then the court martial will proceed.

Decision deadline: (expired on 2023-05-04 11:06:57)

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1681 (isolation #112) » Tue May 02, 2023 6:02 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1681, Aureal wrote: Well, I guess that answers one thing.

Still unclear whether the court martial takes the place of the normal elimination or if the day continues afterwards though.

Court martial takes the place of the normal elimination if the judges vote to go forward with it.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1693 (isolation #113) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

First order of business:

Judges vote whether they want to do a court martial or a normal day elimination. The majority vote rules. That is what the 48 hours is for.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1698 (isolation #114) » Wed May 03, 2023 3:37 am

Post by fferyllt »

That is correct.

This is not a vote that gets hammered, so you can take the full 48 hours to decide, but if all the judges are in agreement and want to cut the discussion short, say so in a post and we'll move to the next phase.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1701 (isolation #115) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:50 am

Post by fferyllt »

Court Martial!

All players have a vote.

Previous votes have been reset.

You may vote either to eliminate PenguinPower or to have no elimination today.

VC-CM.1

PenguinPower (0)
No Elimination (0)

Not Voting (6): Mislim Bait, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, petapan, xyzzy, PenguinPower

Deadline : May 11, Noon US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2023-05-11 09:00:00)

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1706 (isolation #116) » Thu May 04, 2023 10:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC-CM.2

PenguinPower (3), xyzzy, Aureal, Kokichi Oma
No Elimination (0)

Not Voting (3): Mislim Bait, petapan, PenguinPower

Mod Notes
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu May 04, 2023 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1709 (isolation #117) » Thu May 04, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

VC-CM.3

PenguinPower (4), xyzzy, Aureal, Kokichi Oma, Mislim Bait
No Elimination (0)

Not Voting (2): petapan, PenguinPower

Mod Notes

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1710 (isolation #118) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The music stops. The judges stand up signaling that the day's deliberations are over.

Q is preoccupied with his trumpet, adjusting tuning valves, testing the worn buttons, and occasionally sounding a single note before making more adjustments.

The silence catches his attention, and he looks up.

"What? Done already? So who is it this time?"

"Doctor Bashir."

Julian Bashir looks incredulous. And puzzled.

"This makes no sense. How can I, a doctor, be gadding about on other ships and murdering people in the night? It violates every ethical code I'm sworn to uphol --"

Q guestures for silence.

"Well then, off you go."
snap

Bashir disappears abruptly.

"Go on, you too. You have about 5 milliseconds before --"

You're suddenly back on your own ship. On the bridge. And on the main viewer, the ominous cloudy void of the temporal rift is beginning to thin. You see...stars! And the control device within the thinning rift is suddenly...just...gone.

Time will not become a plaything for any galactic civilization.

Yet.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1711 (isolation #119) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

PenguinPower was

You are

Three times is the charm. Twice you declined to be recruited by Section 31, but rumors of Changelings once again venturing out of the Delta Quadrant to impersonate, sabotage and otherwise weaken the post-Dominion War alliances persuaded you that desperate measures may be required. You and one other Black Ops agent were en route to the Bajoran Wormhole when your ship was swallowed up by the temporal anomaly. The two of you quickly ascertained that the anomaly was not a natural occurance. It was designed, and can be controlled. The possibilities a controllable temporal anomaly opens up are far too important to let slip away. Among the other space vessels also trapped within the temporal anomaly, you have found an unlikely but powerful ally.

Your abilities:
  • Speak Freely:
    The Black Ops Team are hebichan, Porkens and you. You can communicate privately at any time during the game, day or night here (PT link).
  • Once a doctor, always a doctor:
    Once during the game you can protect another player from night kills.
  • The Omega Molecule:
    This dangerous and highly volatile molecule is in stasis. You are able to release it. On the night it's released then all night actions except for explicitly unstoppable kills are blocked. This includes commute, redirect, hide, etc.
  • Critical Intelligence:
    Temporal Alliance
    role pm is "
    Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

You win when
Black Ops
Black Ops
players.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1712 (isolation #120) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by fferyllt »

The
Temporal Alliance
has WON!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1713 (isolation #121) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks to everyone for playing! I thoroughly enjoyed working with your character picks to come up with the game design.

Huge thanks to the review team, penguin_alien, Syryana, and GuyInFreezer for your review efforts. The game design wound up far better than where I would have taken it on my own.

Two more posts and I'll reopen the game thread...

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1714 (isolation #122) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Temporal Alliance
Role PMs

Spoiler:

Dax, as played by Lady Lambda Delta

You are

Your host's life had been tragically cut short, and you were en route to your home world to be joined with another Trill, when your ship was engulfed by the temporal anomaly. Under normal circumstances you would already be dead due to being without a host for several hours. But the passage of time in the temporal anomaly is glacially slow, if time passes at all. You are not alone, though. The memories, the essence of your pasts hosts are with you, you find it difficult to stay in touch with the outside world. But the hosts are vivid and engaged, giving you comfort and inspiration. You drift, contemplating your lives.

Your abilities:
  • zhian'tara:
    Three times during the game at night you can re-merge with the memories of a past host. Each host has an ability you can use to good effect, but you do not know what abilities your hosts have. Choose one at night and learn what you can accomplish. I will tell you what your choice does, and then you can tell me who to target, if the action requires a target. If you prefer, you can choose a former host before the game Day ends. Then I will tell you what your ability is at the start of the Night Phase. If you wait until night, then keep in mind that you'll need time to submit both choice and target within 48 hours.
    -- Curzon
    -- Jadzia
    -- Ezri
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds -- none

Captain Jean-Luc Picard, as played by Kokichi Oma

You are
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Justice of the Temporal Alliance

Sitting in judgement of your crew and of other Starfleet officers has never been a part of the Captain's job that you relish, but you bring to bear your conscience as well as the rule of law when justice must be served.

Your abilities:
  • Court Martial:
    Once during the game in a Day phase you can initiate a Court Martial. Initiation must happen before the halfway mark of the game day (by the 6th calendar day on Day 1, and by the 4th calendar day on subsequent Days). To do this, you will PM me and GuyInFreezer, specifying another player you want to also act as judge during the court martial. Another player who is not currently known to you will agree or disagree with the Court Martial action, and will choose who the defendant will be. The thread will be locked between the time you initiate the Court Martial and when the unknown player indicates to me their agreement (or lack of agreement) and specifies the defendant. Then the game thread will be reopened. If a Court Martial has been agreed upon, I will announce the judges (you, the unknown player, and the player of your choice) and defendant. The three judges will have 48 hours to decide on one of two courses of action by majority vote: To court-martial the defendant, in which case all living players will vote either to eliminate the defendant or not. Or to proceed with a normal elimination where any player may be eliminated by majority vote.
  • Secure Channel:
    Twice each game day you may send an anonymous message to the player who shares court martial decision making with you. The messages can be up to 47 words long. You can use the messages to coordinate the initiation of your court martial, or otherwise as you wish.
  • Requiem:
    If the unknown player dies before you have used your Court Martial ability, then it will fall to you to decide if or when to use Court Martial, choose two judges and a defendant.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds -- can be targeted by the Borg Queen

Weyoun as played by GreyICE, Mislim Bait

You are
Weyoun, Sixth Vorta Clone of the Temporal Alliance

You are the only known Weyoun clone to have believed the Dominion's war with the Alpha Quadrant was a mistake. You were on your way to defect to the Federation on the runabout USS Rio Grande when the ship was engulfed by a massive roving temporal anomaly. You're desperate to escape the anomaly before more lives are senselessly lost in the Dominion war.

Your abilities:
  • I don't think the universe is ready for two Weyouns:
    Weyouns may not last long, but they make up for it in numbers. Should you be eliminated or killed, day or night, you will linger on until the end of the next Day phase. You will retain your vote until the bitter end, and will be informed if and when your day is numbered.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds: none

Tasha Yar, as played by Aureal

You are
Tasha Yar, Security JOAT of the Temporal Alliance

You're an accomplished martial artist, fearless upholder of law and order, and fierce protector of your ship, captain and crew. You would lay down your life to save another.

Your abilities:
  • Security JOAT
    --
    Behave yourselves, gentlemen:
    Once during the game at night you can place another player in the brig. That player will be unable to perform any night action, and will be protected from killing actions.
    --
    I'd like my death to count for something:
    Once during the game you can bodyguard another player. Should that player be successfully targeted for a kill, you will die in their stead.
  • What I want now is gentleness. And joy. And love:
    If you target Lt. Commander Data with either of your night actions, you will gain a neighborhood that will last as long as you are both alive.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds - none

Commander Data, as played by Black

You are

Your legal status as a sentient being has not been fully settled, but you are officially not property, so that's a start. You have an affinity for the ship's holodeck as a place to explore what it means to be sentient and what being human might be like, and to solve mysteries and challenge difficult adversaries. Your hologram programs have to be carefully constructed to avoid mishaps!

Your abilities:
  • What happens on the holodeck stays on the holodeck:
    Twice during the game, you can spend the night phase in the hologram. Nearly all night actions will be unable to target you there, including night kills.
  • Use language...formally
    You must avoid using contractions in your game thread posts. Slip-ups happen, but if you use contractions more than 3 times in a game day, you will not be able to use the holodeck that night.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds - potential neighbor of Tasha Yar

Borg Collective as played by KawaiiKame, petapan

You are
The Borg Collective, Hive of the Temporal Alliance

Although the few drones trapped in the temporal anomaly are still functioning as a hive due to your close proximity, you are cut off completely from the rest of the collective and your queen due to the energies containing the anomaly and giving it shape. Hence, you are driven to escape the anomaly as a matter of survival. This artificially created temporal anomaly is not a technology you want to acquire, and freeing yourself overrides your drive to assimilate anyone else trapped in the anomaly.

Your abilities:
  • Secondary Objective:
    Twice during the game at night you can target another player. If that player uses a
    non-factional
    non-killing
    ability that night, you will receive a copy of that action as a one-shot ability. You can use the ability on a subsequent night of your choice.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds - can be targeted by the Borg Queen

Una Chin--Riley, Number 1 as played by xyzzy

You are
Una Chin-Riley, Number 1, Genetically Enhanced Illyrian of the Temporal Alliance

Your genetic enhancements are banned in the Federation, and you would never have allowed to join Starfleet if they had been detected. But, they do come in handy sometimes!

Your abilities:
  • Genetic Immunity:
    The first time you are targeted for a kill, you will self-heal and survive the otherwise fatal encounter. Your self-heal works Day, Night and anything in between until after it is used.
  • Illyrian non-grata:
    If your alignment is investigated, you will be found "Not a member of the Temporal Alliance".
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Khan Noonian Singh as played by Frogs (Alisae and SirCakez

You are

You were part of Project Khan, a 1980s experiment in genetic engineering to create Augments -- superhumans. Superhumanity came with super dictatorial tendencies and the Eugenics Wars. You and some of your Augment compatriots eventually had to escaped Earth in a sleeper ship called Botany Bay. You were found and revived by the Enterprise in the 23rd century, and almost renewed your quest for the domination of humanity, or at least a human-colonized planet. Your quest failed and you and the other survivors of the Botany Bay were left by the Enterprise crew on Ceti Alpha V to colonize the harsh but livable planet. Unfortunately the planet didn't stay very livable and you blame Kirk and the Enterprise for the cruel fate that killed your wife and many of your friends. You want vengeance upon all who contributed to their deaths. The temporal anomaly has interfered with that vengeance. For now, to save the handful of remaining Augments, you have put aside your quest and will cooperate however you can to find a way out of the anomaly.

Your abilities:
  • From Hell's heart, I stab at thee:
    Should you be eliminated or otherwise die during Day phase or Night, you will have your compulsive vengeance. You will be able to choose a player to die with you. If you do not make the choice within 6 hours of my notification, your target will be selected randomly.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds: Potential Neighbor with Rogue

Nyota Uhura as played by Rogue (Malakittens and NotScience

You are

Your career in Starfleet communications took an unexpected and accelerated turn when Captain Pike ordered you to relieve the chief communications officer of the USS Enterprise when he was unable to differentiate between the Romulan and Vulcan languages. You, fortunately were fluent in all three Romulan dialects as well as the Vulcan language.

Your abilities:
  • Subspace Frequencies:
    Twice during the game at night you can choose another player to message. You can anonymously message the player as often as you like for a full day/night phase. To message the player, send the text to me via PM and I will send it along.
  • Universal Translator:
    If you target a character who was part of the Reboot films, you will form a neighborhood with that player. The neighborhood will be active as long as you both are alive.
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Captain Kathryn Janeway as played by Wavelength

You are

Your abilities:
  • Court Martial:
    Once during the game in a Day phase you can initiate a Court Martial. Initiation must happen before the halfway mark of the game day (by the 6th calendar day on Day 1, and by the 4th calendar day on subsequent Days). To do this, you will PM me and GuyInFreezer, specifying another player you want to also act as judge during the court martial. Another player who is not currently known to you will agree or disagree with the Court Martial action, and will choose who the defendant will be. The thread will be locked between the time you initiate the Court Martial and when the unknown player indicates to me their agreement (or lack of agreement) and specifies the defendant. Then the game thread will be reopened. If a Court Martial has been agreed upon, I will announce the judges (you, the unknown player, and the player of your choice) and defendant. The three judges will will have 48 hours to decide on one of two courses of action by majority vote: To court-martial the defendant, in which case all living players will vote either to eliminate the defendant or not. Or to proceed with a normal elimination where any player may be eliminated by majority vote.
  • Secure Channel:
  • Requiem:
  • Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

Temporal Alliance

Strange New Worlds - can be targeted by the Borg Queen

Black Ops
Role PMs

Spoiler:

Seven of Nine as played by hebichan

You are

With experience and exposure, you've grown impatient with the way Starfleet regulations too often tie the Federation's hands when it comes to responding to threats and opportunities. Section 31 discovered this and recruited you as an expert on the Borg and Black Ops liaison to the Borg Queen. The temporal anomaly represents both existential threat and unimaginable opportunity for Starfleet, for the Federation, and for a potential alliance of equals with the Borg. You are ready to help grasp the opportunity and and neutralize the threat.

Your abilities:
  • Speak Freely:
    The Black Ops Team are Porkens, Penguin Power and you. You can communicate privately at any time during the game, day or night here (PT link).
  • You say that I am a human being and yet, I am also Borg:
    Each night you can visit another player. Your implants will detect if that player is or has ever been a part of the Borg Collective.
  • Time to regenerate:
    If you learn that the player you visit is or has been Borg, you have the option to create a neighborhood with the player. Once the neighborhood is established, you can choose to add any subsequent Borg/former Borg you locate to the neighborhood.
  • You will be assimilated:
    Should Porkens be eliminated or killed, you will be able to assimilate and salvage any actions he had not yet used. You will be able to use those actions with the same conditions and restrictions starting on the next Night phase.
  • Critical Intelligence:
    Temporal Alliance
    role pm is "
    Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

You win when
Black Ops
Black Ops
players.

Strange New Worlds -- none

The Borg Queen as played by Porkens

You are

The temporal anomaly has disrupted the subspace transceivers that enable you to communicate with and direct every Borg drone in transceiver range. You have never experienced loneliness before. Fortunately Section 31 operatives who are also trapped in the temporal anomaly have made an alliance with you. Your objective? To cooperate for the duration of this emergency. After that, you will pursue your own objectives once more.

Your abilities:
  • Speak Freely:
    The Black Ops Team are hebichan, PenguinPower and you. You can communicate privately at any time during the game, day or night here (PT link).
  • Share our biological and technological uniqueness:
    Two times during the the game you can give another player a device. You can give each device once:
    -- Ultimate Personal Weapon. If the player has a night kill (including the factional kill, the player can choose the night to use this weapon. The kill will be unstoppable unless their target either commutes, hides, or is redirected.
    --
    Personal Cloaking Device:
    . On the night the player decides to use this cloaking device, they will be invisible to all motion-based investigations, e.g., tracker, watcher, motion detector, etc.
    The recipient players will be able to use the devices on a subsequent night.
  • Bring order to chaos:
    Twice during the game at night you can take control of a player who is Borg or who has been Borg in the past. You have two abilities you can make the player use for you, and can use each ability once.
    --
    Dedicated bodyguard
    The controlled player will target you with the bodyguard ability that night.
    --
    Dedicated redirector:
    The controlled player will target you with a redirect to themself. Any night action targeting you that night will instead target the controlled player.
    As long as your target is or has been a borg, you will gain control of them. Your action cannot be interfered with. However, the player you control can be successfully targeted with any actions that can prevent the actions you make them take.
  • Critical Intelligence:
    Temporal Alliance
    role pm is "
    Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

You win when
Black Ops
Black Ops
players.

Julian Bashir as played by PenguinPower

You are

Three times is the charm. Twice you declined to be recruited by Section 31, but rumors of Changelings once again venturing out of the Delta Quadrant to impersonate, sabotage and otherwise weaken the post-Dominion War alliances persuaded you that desperate measures may be required. You and one other Black Ops agent were en route to the Bajoran Wormhole when your ship was swallowed up by the temporal anomaly. The two of you quickly ascertained that the anomaly was not a natural occurance. It was designed, and can be controlled. The possibilities a controllable temporal anomaly opens up are far too important to let slip away. Among the other space vessels also trapped within the temporal anomaly, you have found an unlikely but powerful ally.

Your abilities:
  • Speak Freely:
    The Black Ops Team are hebichan, Porkens and you. You can communicate privately at any time during the game, day or night here (PT link).
  • Once a doctor, always a doctor:
    Once during the game you can protect another player from night kills.
  • The Omega Molecule:
    This dangerous and highly volatile molecule is in stasis. You are able to release it. On the night it's released then all night actions except for explicitly unstoppable kills are blocked. This includes commute, redirect, hide, etc.
  • Critical Intelligence:
    Temporal Alliance
    role pm is "
    Strange New Worlds:
  • Citizen of the Galaxy:
Win Condition:

You win when
Black Ops
Black Ops
players.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1715 (isolation #123) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Actions

Day 1

Wavelength sent 2 messages to Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma sent 2 messages to Wavelength

Night 1

Porkens kills Frogs - succeeds
Lady Lambdadelta motion detects GreyICE - succeeds, received "went nowhere"
Tasha Yar bodyguards Black - succeeds
Kawaii Kame ability copies Black - succeeds in targeting, no night action taken by Black so no ability to copy
Porkens sends Ultimate Personal Weapon to PenguinPower

Dawn 2

Khan venge kills Black, succeeds (the only protective/healing power that was active during dawn and twilight was xyzzy's self-heal)

Day 2

Wavelength sent 2 messages to Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma sent 2 messages to Wavelength

Night 2

PenguinPower Strongman kills Wavelength - succeeds
Lady LambdaDelta pacifist counsels Kokichi Oma - fails because of global roleblock
PenguinPower uses Omicron particle, global roleblock - succeeds

Night 3

PenguinPower kills Lady Lambdadelta - succeeds
Lady Lambdadelta vote-steals xyzzy - fails (dies)
Aureal jailkeeps xyzzy - succeeds
petapan ability-copies Lady Lambdadelta - succeeds, receives vote steal ability
PenguinPower protects petapan - succeeds

Night 4

PenguinPower kills Mislim Bait - succeeds, Mislim Bait will die at the end of Day 5
petapan uses vote-steal on Kokichi Oma - succeed

Day 5

Kokichi Oma uses Court Martial ability (chooses petapan, Mislim Bait as judges and PenguinPower as defendant) - succeeds
Judges all vote to hold a court martial - succeeds
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu May 04, 2023 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1716 (isolation #124) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Thread unlocked!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1720 (isolation #125) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Mafia PT: viewtopic.php?t=90668
Spectator/Dead PT: viewtopic.php?t=90669

Spectator/Dead Discord: https://discord.gg/PrjP8AtWdk
The pinned message will take you to the first post.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1721 (isolation #126) » Thu May 04, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1719, PenguinPower wrote: I protected peta N3 btw.

Anyway - fun theme and setup. Thanks for designing and modding, fferyllt!

Apologies for my drop off (and this is my opinion as a player) but I was kinda put off by the amount of OGI that seeped in here coupled with a lot of work travel I didn't anticipate.

N3 fixed ~ I went off a column there for some reason.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1725 (isolation #127) » Thu May 04, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Thank you for writing Tasha a personal finale!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1729 (isolation #128) » Thu May 04, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1729, Mislim Bait wrote: GG

I didnt die

The Temporal Anomaly poofed too quickly!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1739 (isolation #129) » Sat May 13, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Happy Moogie's Day!

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1741 (isolation #130) » Sun May 14, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I wonder if Imzadi was available.

Idic

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”