Micro 1078: Datisi's micro normals are back [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 415, osuka wrote: pagetop

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:43 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 386, tris wrote:
In post 380, Meuh wrote:
In post 377, osuka wrote: question: how do you go from
In post 215, Meuh wrote: osuka's take on Fire's posts around the time he made them line up a lot with my feelings which is nice
Leaning town there
to
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
without me posting like zero content during that time?
Honestly forgot about what you said there
Regardless, when I took at look at the collective ISO of you/Skitter/VPB/Hellbooks, you fit within the group quite nicely and I found that to be pretty meaningful
the group? there's not gonna be four scum.
What
“The group” is a scumpool
Not a whole mafia team
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:43 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 422, osuka wrote: on a good day, if there are rainbows and flowers and sunshine and perfect weather and the animals are all smiling and the sun doesn't emit UV so it can't cause skin cancer, and when i'm in an exceptionally good mood, i could say that 127 is game-advancing

but then what the fuck else on your iso fits under that category? it's a shitfest in there

pedit: @fire
i dunno i think ive advanced the game a lot

it sounds like you have an issue with the way i like to play the game

which ok

sorry i guess

but have fun with trying to catch scum that way bc it isn't alignment related at all
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by osuka »

it's nice to see that for once in my fucking life, i'm not the most confused person in a game of mafia

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 427, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 422, osuka wrote: on a good day, if there are rainbows and flowers and sunshine and perfect weather and the animals are all smiling and the sun doesn't emit UV so it can't cause skin cancer, and when i'm in an exceptionally good mood, i could say that 127 is game-advancing

but then what the fuck else on your iso fits under that category? it's a shitfest in there

pedit: @fire
i dunno i think ive advanced the game a lot

it sounds like you have an issue with the way i like to play the game

which ok

sorry i guess

but have fun with trying to catch scum that way bc it isn't alignment related at all
if i had an issue with the way you like to play the game i wouldn't push you on that because that's nai. what i do have an issue with is you pretending like you've posted anything that matters without actually being able to point to it

i'll ask again: can you point me towards posts of yours you think have provided new, insightful content into the game?

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 423, osuka wrote:
In post 420, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 411, osuka wrote:
In post 409, fireisredsir wrote: i don't really feel like pushing there rn anyway or fighting for it but i just felt like noting it since it was what i was feeling in the moment
so now it wasn't a shitpost anymore, it was just actual garbage that i shouldnt push you for posting because you admit that it was?
i have no idea what you're talking about here tbh the post you're quoting wasn't related to you at all, it was continuing my tris convo
kindly quote what you're replying to, especially if your response is 13 posts late to the conversation
i posted a response to tris and then posted again in follow up less than 1 minute later i didn't think it would be that confusing
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by osuka »

something something that's what a pedit is for something

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 398, osuka wrote:
In post 380, Meuh wrote:
In post 215, Meuh wrote: osuka's take on Fire's posts around the time he made them line up a lot with my feelings which is nice
Leaning town there
to
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
Regardless, when I took at look at the collective ISO of you/Skitter/VPB/Hellbooks, you fit within the group quite nicely and I found that to be pretty meaningful
i said nothing! that's the fucking point!!!!

there wasn't any reason for your read on me to progress because there was NOTHING coming out of my slot other than a garbage one-liner of tangibly game-related content i derived from skimming every page for 15 seconds at 4 am
Why are you so outraged at the idea of someone’s perspective on a low content slot changing through the use of POE and interactions from other players?
Someone’s alignment doesn’t shine through purely from their own posting, as it turns out!!!
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by osuka »

whatever fuck it, it doesn't matter

can you respond to 429?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:47 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 432, Meuh wrote:
In post 380, Meuh wrote:
Leaning town there
to
Rest can be town

there wasn't any reason for your read on me to progress because there was NOTHING coming out of my slot other than a garbage one-liner of tangibly game-related content i derived from skimming every page for 15 seconds at 4 am
Why are you so outraged at the idea of someone’s perspective on a low content slot changing through the use of POE and interactions from other players?
Someone’s alignment doesn’t shine through purely from their own posting, as it turns out!!!
i'm literally going to write a scraper to see how many times i was mentioned between these posts

stand by

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 402, tris wrote: i've found baltar's posting to be a little town. he looks like he's trying to pick apart the puzzle of the game. now, he might just be trying to project that image, but so far its all felt natural enough
In post 403, tris wrote:
In post 400, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 397, tris wrote:
In post 393, fireisredsir wrote: he finds a perverse enjoyment in saying just blatantly completely wrong things when he's scum and then laughing as people trip over themselves thinking that scum would never
where does it look like he's doing that in this game?
that was a follow up point to the thing about him saying he was townie this game

i can picture him laughing as he types that
oh hmm. but, i do think he's been towny idk
These posts alone make me wanna lim Tris :?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 404, osuka wrote: i'm convinced the probability of both fire and meuh being town is about the same as my car getting hit by a meteor
Is this regarding our interactions with each other or like our position in the game? Or do we have a collective scuminess so unimaginably high that at least one of us has to be scum? :P
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:52 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 436, Meuh wrote: we have a collective scuminess so unimaginably high that at least one of us has to be scum

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 424, osuka wrote:
In post 421, Meuh wrote:
In post 379, osuka wrote:
In post 279, Meuh wrote: VOTE: Osuka
this is exceptionally strange - there are several viable wagons at this point in time that you could reasonably pivot to if you're getting cold feet, none of which are me. what the fuck? it makes no real sense as town because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of, but it makes even less sense as scum because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of so this is never gonna get off the ground.

am i missing something huge here or is this just the dumbest vote in the thread so far
Tbh I was gonna vote Baltar because I had worse feelings on him, but then thought I’d do you instead for the sake of applying pressure and getting more substantial content
Didn’t rly get cold feet on Skitter, though I did like some stuff in her most recent posts before my vote. I more wanted to take a step in sorting the other players in my scum pool better, and my vote on Skitter did this much less meaningfully than one on you did
so you're throwing your vote around to get me to say stuff?
Exactly! That’s the the main way to use your vote before we get close to a lim. It was a proactive way to make use of it.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Meuh »

I sleep now :sleeping:
Gn!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 429, osuka wrote:i'll ask again: can you point me towards posts of yours you think have provided new, insightful content into the game?
im having an extremely hard time believing that you could genuinely think this is a line of questioning that will lead anywhere productive

there is absolutely nothing i could say here that will satisfy you bc you can very easily just go "nah thats not good enough"

so why are you asking it. what are you trying to accomplish here

obviously i think that most of my posts have provided content. ive made like idk 5-10 that were just memes but those are also useful imo for me at least for helping to feel out people's vibes and how they respond

if you think that all of my posts are useless and provide nothing then i don't really have any interest in engaging with you on this point. you can vote me for that if you want and you will be wrong

im not going to argue with you over which of my posts pass your arbitrary bar for adding valuable content to the game and not being a waste of space because that sounds very unpleasant and also pretty boring and useless
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.07

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-05 22:00:16).

yeet
fireisredsir [2]:
VP Baltar, osuka
Ausuka [2]:
skitter30, Skygazer
osuka [2]:
Meuh, hellbooks
skitter30 [1]:
tris
Skygazer [1]:
Ausuka
Meuh [1]:
fireisredsir

not voting [0]:

mod notesskitter30 is v/la fridays and saturdays.
VP Baltar semi-v/la friday through monday.
this is a mod note.

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:22 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 434, osuka wrote:
In post 432, Meuh wrote:
In post 380, Meuh wrote:
Leaning town there
to
Rest can be town

i'm literally going to write a scraper to see how many times i was mentioned between these posts

stand by
i promised, i delivered:

Code: Select all

/mnt/c/users/f/s/re/mafiascum dev !1 ?12 ❯ python3 ./scraper.py                                           felipe@Freyja
between posts 216 and 277, osuka was mentioned in 1 posts:
        ['266']
and he was directly quoted in 0 posts:
        []
/mnt/c/users/f/s/re/mafiascum dev !1 ?12 ❯

if you don't believe me you can just run this
Spoiler: scraper.py

Code: Select all

from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import requests

thread_id = 90886

if __name__ == '__main__':
    url_base = 'https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php'
    start, end = 216, 277

pg_start = start - start % 25
    pg_end = end + 1 - end % 25

mentions, quotes = [], []

for st in range(pg_start, pg_end, 25):
        rq = requests.get(url_base, params={
            't': thread_id,
            'start': st,
        })

soup = BeautifulSoup(rq.text, 'html.parser')

for post in soup.find_all('div', {'class': 'postbody'}):
            post_number = post.find('span', {'class': 'post-number-bolded'}).text[1:]
            if int(post_number) < start or end < int(post_number):
                continue

post_content = post.find('div', {'class': 'content'})
            post_quotes = []

for element in post_content.find_all('blockquote'):
                if element.parent is post_content:
                    post_quotes.append(element)
                element.extract()

post_body = post_content.text

# horrible hack to remove vote counts lol
            if 'this is a mod note.' in post_body:
                continue

if 'osuka' in post_body.lower():
                mentions.append(post_number)

for quote in post_quotes:
                # horribler hack to get name of whoever got quoted. please never use this in anything that matters
                *quote_target, = quote.find_all('a', href=True)
                quote_target = quote_target[1].text
                if 'osuka' == quote_target.lower():
                    quotes.append(post_number)
                    break

print(f'between posts {start} and {end}, osuka was mentioned in {len(mentions)} posts:')
    print(f'\t{mentions}')
    print(f'and he was directly quoted in {len(quotes)} posts:')
    print(f'\t{quotes}')

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by osuka »

literally NOTHING happened between these two posts so unless:
- the POE included townreads on EVERYBODY except for me and vpb, or;
- the POE included strong enough negative associatives for vpb and townreads on everybody else, or;
- you have a fucking crystal ball;

then that post is fabrication and overwhelmingly likely a whole load of shit

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 438, Meuh wrote:
In post 424, osuka wrote:
In post 421, Meuh wrote:
In post 379, osuka wrote:
In post 279, Meuh wrote: VOTE: Osuka
this is exceptionally strange - there are several viable wagons at this point in time that you could reasonably pivot to if you're getting cold feet, none of which are me. what the fuck? it makes no real sense as town because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of, but it makes even less sense as scum because i haven't posted anything for you to work off of so this is never gonna get off the ground.

am i missing something huge here or is this just the dumbest vote in the thread so far
Tbh I was gonna vote Baltar because I had worse feelings on him, but then thought I’d do you instead for the sake of applying pressure and getting more substantial content
Didn’t rly get cold feet on Skitter, though I did like some stuff in her most recent posts before my vote. I more wanted to take a step in sorting the other players in my scum pool better, and my vote on Skitter did this much less meaningfully than one on you did
so you're throwing your vote around to get me to say stuff?
Exactly! That’s the the main way to use your vote before we get close to a lim. It was a proactive way to make use of it.
you can get a pass for this

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by osuka »

not for anything else though

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 440, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 429, osuka wrote:i'll ask again: can you point me towards posts of yours you think have provided new, insightful content into the game?
im having an extremely hard time believing that you could genuinely think this is a line of questioning that will lead anywhere productive

there is absolutely nothing i could say here that will satisfy you bc you can very easily just go "nah thats not good enough"

so why are you asking it. what are you trying to accomplish here

obviously i think that most of my posts have provided content. ive made like idk 5-10 that were just memes but those are also useful imo for me at least for helping to feel out people's vibes and how they respond

if you think that all of my posts are useless and provide nothing then i don't really have any interest in engaging with you on this point. you can vote me for that if you want and you will be wrong

im not going to argue with you over which of my posts pass your arbitrary bar for adding valuable content to the game and not being a waste of space because that sounds very unpleasant and also pretty boring and useless
that's not true - you can definitely say something that will satisfy me, but this is definitely not it

i'm trying my absolute hardest to give you a fair chance of changing of my opinion in the most honest way possible. if you can't do it here then i'll take it as confirmation that everything i said about your slot is correct, so it's in your best interest to give it a shot lest you get deathtunneled d1

help me help you and point me towards ONE post other than the one i mentioned where you've actually posted a meaningful analysis of anything this game so far for other players to read. you don't even have to try that hard if you've provided all the content you said you did

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by osuka »

i will ALWAYS call someone's bluff if they haven't done shit but are pretending to have done so

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by osuka »

if anyone else wants to use that script in another game or to do literally anything you feel like doing, go nuts

i'm sure you fine people can figure out how to change it to suit your particular purpose because python is basically english anyway

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:37 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

im sorry but ive said all im interested in saying. if you don't think i have content then me linking my posts isn't going to change anything. im not going to continue this line of discussion because i'm finding it upsetting and i don't think it's useful to the game anyway.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”