Micro 1078: Datisi's micro normals are back [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

UNVOTE:
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 546, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 541, Ausuka wrote: like there is room between 'super duper engaged and not demotivated at all' and 'if you claim to have a read on this player you are scum'
I have no idea what this means.

I also wasn't really asking for a reads list, but I feel like I'm agitating you and I don't want to do that. I'm not trying to annoy you or something.

It reads to me like you think I'm being super aggressive with meuh, but I was just explaining why I find her suss after skitter asked me to expound.

We can just agree to disagree. I don't think Meuh's read of you is genuine, nor do I think her scum list explanation adds up.
I mean, maybe I was too harsh. I know this is just a game and everything and I'm not really mad, it's just frustrating that even though people usually understand what I mean outside of mafia and in like mostly every game I play people seem to not understand whatever I say in this game for some reason, and like I don't really enjoy my posts being considered not meaningful. I am trying okay

Even if you didn't ask for a readslist you got one. Sorry :cry:

And it means that just because I'm not like the top poster in the game doesn't mean I'm totally unreadable. Again, the game started three days ago and I have more than fifty posts. i'm not some lurker
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by tris »

In post 426, Meuh wrote: What
“The group” is a scumpool
Not a whole mafia team
i know, but like, why would all four of them fit together? why is a scumpool something that makes sense as a group that someone would fit into.
In post 435, Meuh wrote: These posts alone make me wanna lim Tris :?
wow really? why's that?
In post 471, skitter30 wrote: This sequence is v +town for tris
what were you thinking of me before this.
In post 503, fireisredsir wrote: some of the early posting i think also felt plausibly like coming from a scum angle as a (whats that word ffery likes. gestalt? idr. maybe thats right) i think but i don't remember why exactly but that kind of put you in my mental bucket of "be careful here" to start off
i had similar thought! my vote on her was actually secretly a tiny bit serious, but then i changed my mind.
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:31 pm

Post by tris »

i read things but im super tired im continuing to like fire a lot. other than that, my brain doesnt work right now. see you all later
here's what it says
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 548, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 539, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 538, Ausuka wrote: I was assuming your angle was implying that my content was dumb and therefore not meaningful. Are you like, asking me to point me to the posts where I have reads, or are you asking me to point to posts where you can argue what I was saying was stupid?
No I don't think you're stupid or making stupid points. I think you're just disengaged, which I don't think is AI. My point is that you're not really playing the game much yet, which is fine...but it doesn't make sense for Meuh to townread you for that. If you think I'm wrong and there is good content there that you think its reasonable for Meuh to town read you off of, I'm open to hearing it.
i think meuh was pretty clear about the fact that her townread on ausuka wasn't because of her being disengaged

i think this is a weird point

im not sure why your read on meuh has anything to with what ausuka thinks about her own content

at least with osuka he was trying to read me off his questions. yours here just feel like busy work
I don't think you're reading very closely if you can't follow this. I don't have time right now to post by post explain it to you because I'm going to be driving a lot of today.

My point is not that meuh can't have a townread of ausuka. It's that the time and way meuh arrives at the ausuka town read ("we should townbin ausuka until later in the game because ????") as well as the scum list screams of manufactured takes to me. Maybe you believe meuh is pure, but I think even a mild bit of scrutiny shows the thought process is surface deep and inconsistent (do people in the poe have associatives or not? Why vote osuka if you think I'm scummier?)
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:37 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.10

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-05 22:00:16).

yeet
VP Baltar [3]:
Skygazer, Meuh, Ausuka
Meuh [2]:
VP Baltar, hellbooks
Ausuka [1]:
skitter30
skitter30 [1]:
tris

not voting [2]:
osuka, fireisredsir

mod notesskitter30 is v/la fridays and saturdays.
VP Baltar semi-v/la friday through monday.
this is a mod note.

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why are you voting me again skygazer?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 276, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 273, Meuh wrote:

4. Ausuka's response to the push reminds me a LOT to the early push on her in the dance game, where she was town. The intensity of it, the feelings around it, the counter-scumread on someone who was scumreading her...
Unless Ausuka is very good at replicating this set of feelings and reactions as scum (she might be, I've only played once with her and she was town), to me this just lines up very well with her town game and the general stance she held when a lot of people were questioning her and the lack of backing down felt right.

Pedit: Section 4 should answer this heehee
Hmm, I'm not sure that's a great reason but I believe you believe it I guess.

Fwiw, ausuka is very good at scum and solo carried a game I was in with her.
In post 347, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
This post bugs the hell out of me, mostly. Meuh's obv pushing you, but idk how she sees Hellbrooks as your buddy.

Picking Osuka as my potential buddy also feels like "this person isn't really here".

I think I'm pretty townie this game.

And the rest are town? Sorry that is a silly take to me
In post 476, VP Baltar wrote: This is likely my last post before my family gets in town, so apologies I can't respond as in depth to the past 5 pages I just skimmed as I would like.

But...
In post 309, Meuh wrote:
In post 282, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
Do you see alignment in those pairs or you just PoE'd the game?
Bit of both. I do townread the other 4 more than you 4, but I also skimmed the combined ISO and the interaction between everyone there felt very blegh. iirc either small interactions shoved at the end of posts or none at all. The puzzle pieces just click quite well within the group.
Meuh, I feel like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth about this group of potential scum you posted.

I specifically asked you about alignment in those pairs because that was what I found most bizarre. I think osuka is making a good point about you attacking him when he hadn't really even posted.

The above post is you saying you do see some alignment there in the way those slots are interacting.

But then in these past pages, someone (tris maybe?) is asking you about this and you're like "lol it's just poe".

This I'd why I find your scum list unbelievable. I don't see how a person draws a conclusion those scum most likely break down that way, and I don't think you actually believed it when you said it either given how wishy washy you are on it. Also you're saying I'm scummier but you voted osuka, who hadn't posted. Pardon me? RED ALERT RED ALERT
In post 493, VP Baltar wrote: @meuh, I don't agree with your "logic" because I don't believe you truly think that's the PoE. I don't believe you think ausuka is so town, she shouldn't be considered until later. This smacks of creative fiction. While I do think skitter was pushing a bit over the top early, I think you stretched that very far to an illogical point of ausuka is towning it up. By ausuka's own admission, she is disengaged. That's NAI.
In post 520, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 518, Meuh wrote:
In post 493, VP Baltar wrote: @meuh, I don't agree with your "logic" because I don't believe you truly think that's the PoE. I don't believe you think ausuka is so town, she shouldn't be considered until later. This smacks of creative fiction. While I do think skitter was pushing a bit over the top early, I think you stretched that very far to an illogical point of ausuka is towning it up. By ausuka's own admission, she is disengaged. That's NAI.
I don’t think Ausuka’s “so town she shouldn’t be considered until later”, I just think she’s towny enough that it doesn’t make sense to worry about her rn.
What is the actual difference between these statements because I do not get it
In post 539, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 538, Ausuka wrote: I was assuming your angle was implying that my content was dumb and therefore not meaningful. Are you like, asking me to point me to the posts where I have reads, or are you asking me to point to posts where you can argue what I was saying was stupid?
No I don't think you're stupid or making stupid points. I think you're just disengaged, which I don't think is AI. My point is that you're not really playing the game much yet, which is fine...but it doesn't make sense for Meuh to townread you for that. If you think I'm wrong and there is good content there that you think its reasonable for Meuh to town read you off of, I'm open to hearing it.
In post 546, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 541, Ausuka wrote: like there is room between 'super duper engaged and not demotivated at all' and 'if you claim to have a read on this player you are scum'
I have no idea what this means.

I also wasn't really asking for a reads list, but I feel like I'm agitating you and I don't want to do that. I'm not trying to annoy you or something.

It reads to me like you think I'm being super aggressive with meuh, but I was just explaining why I find her suss after skitter asked me to expound.

We can just agree to disagree. I don't think Meuh's read of you is genuine, nor do I think her scum list explanation adds up.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

these are the posts you've made about it. i do not see a logical progression of town thought here, i just see you taking an opposing position to people you're talking to in order to argue with them and nowhere does it feel like you're genuinely thinking about this with any depth or consistency
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:37 am

Post by fireisredsir »

like i don't see why town asks ausuka to justify that she has been town enough for meuh to be townreading her. what is that supposed to accomplish? there's no way that helps you sort meuh

and at first when meuh gave her reasoning for her read on ausuka you believed it but then once it led to a poe for some reason you said it was illogical and in 493 started arguing against things that meuh never said

and then you ended up on saying that you don't believe her read. i don't think the progression makes sense, and also it doesn't make any sense to me that you're hinging your meuh read on this whe, for example, i also townread ausuka. multiple people townread others here that have less content. it feels selective and like you've just chosen something to suspect and are attacking it from any angle without really thinking. i don't see an attempt to actually work with people and solve here from you

i think its possible that there is more going on in your head here than is making it into the thread, but right now i don't see it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:44 am

Post by fireisredsir »

and your latest post to me feels like walking back your level of investment in this because you put yourself in deeper than you wanted to

which is fine! good even

but my issue with that is that if you have that mindset im not sure why you would continue arguing and taking opposing positions in tangentially related things (see: argument with ausuka) unless you were compelled by alignment moreso towards not losing arguments than towards solving the game
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Ausuka »

fire town imo
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:52 am

Post by osuka »

gonna catch up here soon but in the meantime i do need to test an update i wrote to my votecounter so yolo VOTE: no exec

ill unvote this in a couple minutes lmao

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:00 am

Post by osuka »

UNVOTE:

i fixed it

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 552, tris wrote:
In post 426, Meuh wrote: What
“The group” is a scumpool
Not a whole mafia team
1. i know, but like, why would all four of them fit together? why is a scumpool something that makes sense as a group that someone would fit into.
In post 435, Meuh wrote: 2. These posts alone make me wanna lim Tris :?
wow really? why's that?
1. I found it relevant to look at the 4's ISOs together to kind of see if that could indeed be where the entire scumteam lies. If the group ended up feeling to me like there was a very limited amount of scenarios where a scum pair could exist within it, I'd question it a lot more but I didn't get that impression when looking at it.

2. 's conclusion just doesn't line up at all with what Baltar's been doing imo. On a surface level yes he's been picking at things and asking questions, but if you dig a bit at the thought processes in his posts, they're often wildly misintrepreting what other people are saying. Baltar also just hasn't seemed like he's actually questioning his perspectives. There's a veneer of productivity but no substantial reading behind it. So for you to take this stance makes me think you're constructing your read from the surface layer of his posting, while I think when looking at his posting more critically it all kind of crumbles. I think this is something noticeable when trying to sort him and it's surprising you wouldn't see it. (Ofc him pushing for me makes me extra aware of this but others have also picked up on this) I do think tonally feeling good about Baltar is fine, he has a confidence that checks out with the past games I've played with him, but his actual stances and the way he engages with others don't seem motivated by a want to solve. I know it was made after your posts on Baltar but is a horrendous post that's a prime example of all of this. I don't see how anyone can see it as an actual attempt to solve or an actual perspective. I think Baltar went too hard on the confidence to look like a townie but doesn't have actual points to back it up, so he's just stuck to weird misinterpretations of my posts as backing for his read. Not wanting to back down on it, he's met my response to those misinterpretations with a lack of will to actually reconsider and simply brushing me off.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:44 am

Post by hellbooks »

VOTE: osuka
back in my pro-meuh era
i'd like to try and drum up some controversy by suggesting a shocking fire/baltar scum team
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:45 am

Post by hellbooks »

i think meuh should wall post at tris more honestly shes been coasting :imp:
get a gtkas thread here
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

I feel very shocked by this

(Ok but really i don't get it)
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:02 am

Post by hellbooks »

over the course of the last page i totally started coming around to the zoomer nonsensites townreading ausuka. anyway, it feels like three people acting independently just coincidentally found themselves on vice principal baltar's wagon. i dont know what to make of that -- whether it tells a story about his alignment, or whether it's just a symptom of the lack of cohesion. but honestly, idk why fire isnt voting him too. E1 jitters?
get a gtkas thread here
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:05 am

Post by hellbooks »

who was it that quoted skygazers "im weak doctor" post or whatever it was and said it was a super town post because i just remembered that i totally disagreed with that
get a gtkas thread here
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:06 am

Post by Skygazer »

battle goose
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:07 am

Post by Skygazer »

idr who made that post but i think ur talking about me claiming informed detective which was a reference to the scum game i just finished with ausuka

i have like 10 pages i need to actually read
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 568, hellbooks wrote: over the course of the last page i totally started coming around to the zoomer nonsensites townreading ausuka. anyway, it feels like three people acting independently just coincidentally found themselves on vice principal baltar's wagon. i dont know what to make of that -- whether it tells a story about his alignment, or whether it's just a symptom of the lack of cohesion. but honestly, idk why fire isnt voting him too. E1 jitters?
i think he's probably who i think is most likely to be scum rn but also he's just started vla and it didn't really seem like the most productive time to be putting a vote on him

there's still other stuff to look at and my reads on most people in the game are p shaky so i don't exactly have an "aha ive solved it!" feeling

although i do think ive gotten better at reading baltar than he implies based on our initial couple games together, it is true that i do still often find that his arguments make no sense when he's town and it has led me to a wrong suspicion at times
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by tris »

fire, who should i try reading
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by tris »

In post 566, hellbooks wrote: i think meuh should wall post at tris more honestly shes been coasting :imp:
ive hit a motivation slump
here's what it says

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”