Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Cook »

i’m not mafia and i’m not vig

ergo

no way to kill
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Cook »

ergo

no revenge
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:13 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

@vig shoot this if this lives ty
iavh is slightly annoyed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2023, Flower wrote: Why arent more people bothered with Cook claiming 1-Shot BP Rolecop with Ausuka pointing out that if there's a vig then Cook's probably trueclaiming scum and then after the vig shoots and Ausuka flips town her claim suddenly changes to one that isn't a blatant scumclaim
How is mafia tracker too complicated for sheep but mafia 1-shot BP rolecop is fair game? That seems like a weird inconsistency.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:31 am

In post 2024, ItalianoVD wrote: Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.
The obvious answer is that odd-night cop claims are never real, because they aren't.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:33 am

Odd-night cop is literally the perfect claim for scum. You can invent one result to suit your agenda, but you don't have to provide so many results that you end up narrowing down your own team. It gives an excuse for why you don't die N2 (you can't do anything anyway) and then by D4 it's elo or close to it so it will be hard for "why are you still alive?" to get traction.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:35 am

In post 2007, Flower wrote: Me too but sadly in this case it's pretty necessary, sorry
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:38 am

I don't think I'm gonna follow your argument.

Are you also assuming scum don't have a ninja? That seems like a wild and unfounded assumption.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:41 am

Tracker and rolecop can't get green checks, so if I'm assuming they only check town, then they have basically 0 info. I really don't see what you're getting at.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:44 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 2056, Something_Smart wrote: Odd-night cop is literally the perfect claim for scum. You can invent one result to suit your agenda, but you don't have to provide so many results that you end up narrowing down your own team. It gives an excuse for why you don't die N2 (you can't do anything anyway) and then by D4 it's elo or close to it so it will be hard for "why are you still alive?" to get traction.
Isn't this just WIFOM though? It's significantly less scummy than a bulletproof cop claim.
Flower
Flower
They/Them
Goon
Flower
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Flower »

In post 2054, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2023, Flower wrote: Why arent more people bothered with Cook claiming 1-Shot BP Rolecop with Ausuka pointing out that if there's a vig then Cook's probably trueclaiming scum and then after the vig shoots and Ausuka flips town her claim suddenly changes to one that isn't a blatant scumclaim
How is mafia tracker too complicated for sheep but mafia 1-shot BP rolecop is fair game? That seems like a weird inconsistency.
Because there's a Vig in the game and that's the kind of thing where if scum have no counter to it a Mafia 1-Shot Bulletproof Rolecop gets suggested to address it during review. Mafia Tracker on the other hand isn't likely to get suggested as a counterbalance to town PRs so sheep'd have to proactively add it in the game
In post 2059, Something_Smart wrote: Tracker and rolecop can't get green checks, so if I'm assuming they only check town, then they have basically 0 info. I really don't see what you're getting at.
If we have 5 Town PRs (With 3 info roles and a vig) are you unironically suggesting that scum gets 0 compensation in the form of PRs? If Cook were real a No Visit/Vanilla result is pretty much a Green check

-A
Plural | Experimental alt of usesPython
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 2023, Flower wrote: Everyone elses eyes have glazed over.
yeah

I'm trash at setup spec so I can only understand so much but I think I do not believe the ascetic claim. It was more likely a trueclaim as scum if a vig exists (which people have already said lol). I would vote but I don't wanna e-1 when I'm not gonna be here for a bit
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:01 am

In post 2061, Flower wrote: Because there's a Vig in the game and that's the kind of thing where if scum have no counter to it a Mafia 1-Shot Bulletproof Rolecop gets suggested to address it during review.
I don't think this is a thing that happens during reviews? Mafia bulletproof is not a "counter" to a vig, it's a random slap in the face.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:03 am

In post 2061, Flower wrote: If we have 5 Town PRs (With 3 info roles and a vig) are you unironically suggesting that scum gets 0 compensation in the form of PRs?
There are three scum, they don't all have to be PR's; having no goons on a team is pretty rare. And like I said, ninja is the most likely scum PR, considering we have a tracker and a watcher, so tracker results wouldn't even necessarily mean much.
Flower
Flower
They/Them
Goon
Flower
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Flower »

In post 2054, Something_Smart wrote:
Actually this is probably the weirdest thing to come from S_S in this part because he's part of the NRG. He should already have experience with someone carelessly adding a Town Vigilante and needing to suggest some sort of counterbalance and this is making me feel like he's twisting mech for an agenda
In post 2063, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2061, Flower wrote: Because there's a Vig in the game and that's the kind of thing where if scum have no counter to it a Mafia 1-Shot Bulletproof Rolecop gets suggested to address it during review.
I don't think this is a thing that happens during reviews? Mafia bulletproof is not a "counter" to a vig, it's a random slap in the face.
Case in point. You'd add Mafia 1-Shot BP in a Vig game so that the Vig can shoot limbait without just straight up soloing the game by shooting all the Mafia, how is this a new concept for you?

-A
Plural | Experimental alt of usesPython
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:11 am

In post 2065, Flower wrote: He should already have experience with someone carelessly adding a Town Vigilante and needing to suggest some sort of counterbalance and this is making me feel like he's twisting mech for an agenda
Can you link to a review where this happened?

I would never suggest this as a counter to vig. I don't think Isis or Koba would either. But I've been wrong before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:12 am

In post 2065, Flower wrote: Case in point. You'd add Mafia 1-Shot BP in a Vig game so that the Vig can shoot limbait without just straight up soloing the game by shooting all the Mafia, how is this a new concept for you?
When balancing, I assume that a vig shot is equivalent to a lim (except that it can land on a town PR). If I would put an ungated vig in a mini, which I would not, I wouldn't consider the case where the vig shoots all the scum to be bad-- scum weren't going to win anyway.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:18 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

assuming that the vig is already X-shot (2-3 shot, used one) I really doubt that there will be any bp mafia roles to further lower the chance of scum dying at night
iavh is slightly annoyed
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Cook »

i’m calling it as either 2-shot or simple
Cults With Guns //

Inventor of 3d20 //
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:27 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

no
I think it's more on the side of 3-shot
2-shot seems too weak, no modifier seems too strong
this game lasts approx. 5 days
iavh is slightly annoyed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:07 am

In post 2070, iamveryhappy wrote: 2-shot seems too weak, no modifier seems too strong
Too weak?? 2-shot vig is still very strong because it confirms itself as town and earns town an extra lim.

Plus, it's not like town can't have weak PR's as well as strong ones.
iamveryhappy
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
iamveryhappy
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:11 am

Post by iamveryhappy »

In post 2071, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2070, iamveryhappy wrote: 2-shot seems too weak, no modifier seems too strong
Too weak?? 2-shot vig is still very strong because it confirms itself as town and earns town an extra lim.

Plus, it's not like town can't have weak PR's as well as strong ones.
like as if in this unknown closed setup would ppl not shoot every night to try to figure out the setup/scum
this thing is not to conserve shots, it is a direct weapon to counter scum.
iavh is slightly annoyed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:15 am

I don't understand. Yes, people would shoot every night as a vig, that's just basic play. I'm not talking about conserving shots, I just think that a 1-shot or 2-shot vig could exist in the setup if the reviewers wanted it to.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:16 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”