Micro 1085: Even/Odd Killers [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:58 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Votecount 1.18

Appearance (3) - Merlyn, Roden, Thestatusquo,
Deltabreedy (2) - fireisredsir, sheepsaysmeep
fireisredsir (2) - Donempire, Deltabreedy,
Merlyn (1) - Datisi

Not voting (1) - Appearance

(expired on 2023-07-05 18:05:27) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Moderators note: Deltabreedy will be considered on a minor V/LA for the 30th and the 1st

Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 477, Thestatusquo wrote: I think they solving and honestly the fact that everyone keeps saying they think we're partnered even further reinforces my read that they're town.

Doesn't seem very likely that scum would push a narrative of me having a scum buddy when I'm town.
are you saying roden is scum? who else said this
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 493, Datisi wrote:
In post 486, Thestatusquo wrote: Before I do I want to hear more about "i didnt really like her solving"
i already talked about the early appearance stuff

her readslist felt like, idk forced i guess. a lot of it is a lot of words that just say nothing. was roden really pushing a bunch of players? why is fire preflipped with me as scum? why does it take so much to say "datisi is playing passively"? is appearance part saying anything new?

like this kinda readlist would be more a "i'm not sure what my reads are i need to get them in order" but it doesn't seem to be presented like that
Question for you- why aren't you asking me any of this?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:38 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Roden has been prodded.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 497, Thestatusquo wrote: do they not feel like genuine thoughts she has on the game? To me they do. Like I guess I kind of associate lackluster and inconsistency with townie play and less so with scum. I'd be more concerned with a read list that felt more polished and directional. I get the sense that merlyn has a bunch of thoughts in her head about this game and some of them aren't completely fleshed out and some of them are contradictory which is also how I feel about this game right now so I vibe with it.
i'm not bothered by inconsistency. lackluster is arguable - i don't think just being lackluster is a problem, rather it feels performative. written only to have something written.

where do you get the feeling she's been inconsistent or contradictory?

...and just as i open her iso to look for it myself, i see and i'm like "what?" and then i see she's responding to delta *asking her* for a readslist and now my fucking head hurts

i'll think about this in the morning
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 502, Merlyn wrote:
In post 486, Thestatusquo wrote: Before I do I want to hear more about "i didnt really like her solving"

her readslist felt like, idk forced i guess. a lot of it is a lot of words that just say nothing. was roden really pushing a bunch of players? why is fire preflipped with me as scum? why does it take so much to say "datisi is playing passively"? is appearance part saying anything new?

like this kinda readlist would be more a "i'm not sure what my reads are i need to get them in order" but it doesn't seem to be presented like that
why should i be asking you? i wanted to see what other people thought about it first, but also like, most of the questions i put up there aren't really something i'd ask you. except maybe the preflipping question but i didn't wanna ask that yet.

i dunno, i think they feel more like rhetoric questions. like if i asked "was roden really pushing players" of course you'd say "yes he was" and then we'd get into a back and forth that probably doesn't help me. but seeing whether others see it that way as well or if it's me that's seeing it weirdly is probably more likely to be helpful.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i forgot to respond when you asked about it but i also don't have that much to say about it

they just seemed like reasonable takes to me, didn't really feel like she was reaching for anything or pushing agenda
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 498, Thestatusquo wrote: its also worth noting: re all the mech talk.

It is definitely still good for town to hit SK today but it is especially good for scum to hit SK today because then they direct all the nightkills.

So I think its worth looking into who was a little bit too enthusiastic about refuting the "we shouldn't try to hit sk today" point.
from memory, i've only heard the 'aim for maf' strat from don and i actually feel like his reasoning feels kinda reasonable. (it's nothing to do with me being his sk read.)
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 501, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 477, Thestatusquo wrote: I think they solving and honestly the fact that everyone keeps saying they think we're partnered even further reinforces my read that they're town.

Doesn't seem very likely that scum would push a narrative of me having a scum buddy when I'm town.
are you saying roden is scum? who else said this
pretty sure there's been people who have implied that.
for example, dats imo seemed to have been considering a shea/merlyn team in the questioning of shea's merlyn tr.
at least, i feel like it could've been interpreted as such.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by Appearance »

tho honestly i don't completely agree with shea on the reasoning for town-merlyn.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:02 pm

Post by Appearance »

for example, 'lackluster and inconsistent' is much of a scumtell as it's a towntell.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 507, Appearance wrote:
In post 498, Thestatusquo wrote: its also worth noting: re all the mech talk.

It is definitely still good for town to hit SK today but it is especially good for scum to hit SK today because then they direct all the nightkills.

So I think its worth looking into who was a little bit too enthusiastic about refuting the "we shouldn't try to hit sk today" point.
from memory, i've only heard the 'aim for maf' strat from don and i actually feel like his reasoning feels kinda reasonable. (it's nothing to do with me being his sk read.)
actually, re: this, it seems like i missed delta and i agree with what u said about him.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 510, Appearance wrote: for example, 'lackluster and inconsistent' is much of a scumtell as it's a towntell.
also, it seems like u're making exceptions here for merlyn.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by Appearance »

and anyways, lackluster would be the exact opposite of her play.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Appearance »

for example, i feel like she has done more in this game than just posting things for the sake of posting.
at least, imo when i read 'lackluster', that's what i think.
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 512, Appearance wrote:
In post 510, Appearance wrote: for example, 'lackluster and inconsistent' is much of a scumtell as it's a towntell.
also, it seems like u're making exceptions here for merlyn.
more on this, can't u also say my posts are lackluster?
but then, of course, i'm still scum, cause u think i 'stopped playing the game' after getting pushed.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 505, Datisi wrote:
In post 502, Merlyn wrote:

why should i be asking you? i wanted to see what other people thought about it first, but also like, most of the questions i put up there aren't really something i'd ask you. except maybe the preflipping question but i didn't wanna ask that yet.

i dunno, i think they feel more like rhetoric questions. like if i asked "was roden really pushing players" of course you'd say "yes he was" and then we'd get into a back and forth that probably doesn't help me. but seeing whether others see it that way as well or if it's me that's seeing it weirdly is probably more likely to be helpful.
See, I would think engaging dialogue with me might be useful to sort me but what do I know
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by Appearance »

to be clear, i'm not disputing the tr on merlyn, i just want to say that the reasoning doesn't sit right with me.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Merlyn »

appearance, who do you scumread?
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 518, Merlyn wrote: appearance, who do you scumread?

probably fire rn. they seems to a touch bit too defensive in that they've played the contrarian when i was being wagoned (, ), defended datisi real hard (, ). tho one thing which i like the least is the unexplained sheep tr (, , , ). and feels kinda like they've been paying not enough attention to the game.

anyways, i guess i'd go back to VOTE: fire.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

501 is a question that i would like specifically shea to answer
Appearance
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Appearance
he/him, they/them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Appearance »

In post 520, fireisredsir wrote: 501 is a question that i would like specifically shea to answer
didn't shea mention delta prior to that?
the way u phrased things felt like u weren't reading all of shea's posts or else chose to focus on roden specifically when both delta and don had mentioned the strat.
something i want to ask u is why u chose to ask shea only on roden. did u not care about his opinion on the others (e.g. don)?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:18 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 430, Thestatusquo wrote: As it so happens I think its pretty true on face that most people would not play the way roden is talking about on face. Ask yourself if you were partners with merlyn would you play the way I am being accused of playing? What is my motivation for playing that way if we're scum? What is my motivation for just throwing suspicion everywhere if I'm scum? As scum players are generally much more careful about who they are scum reading and why because they are more concerned with staying alive than getting specific lims. You can very easily compare all this stuff to your own town play and scum play.

I'm not saying anything revolutionary here.
I disagree with this on a fundamental level, and I wanted to go more into this yesterday but never found the free time. But I don't think it's uncommon at all for scum to buddy up with a scum partner or hard defend them, I wouldn't even say it's more than moderately bold to do. I would say you'd have a point if you got pounced on for it, because then that would demonstrate that it gets people scum read and would be a bad play for scum to make. But...that didn't happen.

And this doesn't mean that you can't still be scum pocketing a town!Merlyn either. So even if you disagree with me, that you wouldn't scum read everyone but your scum partner, I don't see why you can't be scum trying to build associatives with town!Merlyn and hiding the identity of your partner within the seven other players you think are scummy.

This also kinda goes along with what I said with you having no real bite this game.
In post 423, Thestatusquo wrote: I think the characterization of me not having 'bite' to my pushes is straight up wrong though and I promise you I'm perfectly capable of pushing with bite as scum and in fact being conflicted is much more of a Hallmark of my town game though obviously I try to replicate it.
Like I get what you're saying here but I don't think you're conflicted at all. I think you're aimless and lax. I don't think you're invested in pushing any one slot and it feels like you've given up too easily when anyone disagrees with your scum reads.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Name one scum read I've given up on.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”