Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1277, Merlyn wrote: Hmm, time to play the who on my wagon is scum game I see

At this point (Aureal, Abnegation, usesPython, Radical Rat) seems pretty likely to contain zero scum. I suggest you put effort into looking elsewhere. :P
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

here's a town wall i posted that helped solve the game

viewtopic.php?p=13751825#p13751825
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 1350, Aureal wrote:
In post 1277, Merlyn wrote: Hmm, time to play the who on my wagon is scum game I see

At this point (Aureal, Abnegation, usesPython, Radical Rat) seems pretty likely to contain zero scum. I suggest you put effort into looking elsewhere. :P
why do you have to post the exact thing i was going to post?
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1351, Save The Dragons wrote: here's a town wall i posted that helped solve the game

Yeah, alright you can stay for now.

Back to trying to avoid meta reads for me.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1346, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1344, Aureal wrote:
In post 1272, Radical Rat wrote: My main stipulation is Not Ranger, and not Rauth. I'd also still prefer we boot out Drew, but no one else really seems to care so I'm probably not getting my way on that one

Yeah, pretty much this exactly. It's kinda scary how much Rat has been on the same page as me this game. :lol:
what if...WhAt If YoU tWo ArE sCuMpArTnErS!?!?!?
Don't play my paranoia like this, I already have a problem being an easy pocket

usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:45 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1351, Save The Dragons wrote: here's a town wall i posted that helped solve the game

I feel like the difference between those two games was the scum!StD walled in like the first 10 pages and town!StD walled after 150 pages but we're too lazy to go check your other games to see if the pattern holds so you can be town for now
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Abnegation »

anyway someone, think it was sheep, wasn't sure why i was townreading aureal.
it's a vibe. can't really explain it. i just look at her posts and let the towniness wash over me.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:48 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1356, Abnegation wrote: anyway someone, think it was sheep, wasn't sure why i was townreading aureal.
it's a vibe. can't really explain it. i just look at her posts and let the towniness wash over me.
I actually don't get the town vibes from Aureal
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1278, sheepsaysmeep wrote: like let's focus in on aureal for fun. aureal has done nothing wolfy to me and I could totally see her as town. but like, I know she's physically capable of being insanely towny. the second she subbed into the last game I played with her, she immediately made posts that were like wow that's some of the most pure in-depth stuff ive read.
OH NO HE'S DOING THIS WEIRD POCKET AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

srsly wut

I was so insanely towny they would've gotten me miseliminated instead of scumsheep if scum hadn't decided to bus. x_X

sheep isn't playing at all like he did that game so I'm not feeling him scum here at the moment but I dunno where this comes from.
so the fact that she hasn't done that here is like slightly >rand wolf by poe, even if that's an unfair expectation. she also apparently hasn't wolfed before which makes it feel valid to be like "she's wolf struggling to get into the game!” is my best guess rn. I dont rly support her inclusion in the current proposal altho I havent seen why abnegation townreads her

I feel like merlyn fits that “lackluster” description enough as well meh

And yes we went over my lack of proper scum meta already too so I dunno where this comes from. I have precisely one non-ancient scum game and it was multiball. So I have been wolf but have fun trying to figure out my scum meta from that when I was playing 95% the same as I would if town. :P
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1348, Save The Dragons wrote: i think my paranoid brain wants to scum read python
Personally, I think changing their mind on you for the nightmare despite already having a compromise available is what pushed Python from probably Town to lockTown, if that helps.

Scum!Python wouldn't have had any incentive to double check your meta, and probably wouldn't have gone through those negotiations anyway since Python being in the Nightmare would already guarantee a scum presence.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

HEAL: old vote
HURT: Save the dragons, Radical Rat, Ranger, Kyoko, Katykimfanclub, Python, Titus, Dr. Drew
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:57 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1291, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 1226, Titus wrote:
In post 1159, Flea The Magician wrote: Ranger as usual youre screaming town and using a lot of reinforcive statements.

Who isnt town in your PoV?
What os a reinforcive statement?
Any time "town" is said, its amended with stuff like "which I am" - its brute forcing that narrative into peoples minds which is an interesting approach from her.

Interesting in what way exactly? I think I'm on the same page as you here, but it sounds like you have more experience with her than I do.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1315, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1313, Radical Rat wrote: Is there anyone you think might be scum so far?
That's a tough question because all I have are gut vibes and gutreads. It's Day 1; I don't have any tangible evidence to start making associations. Typically once Day 2 begins is when I start to find my feet and can better make state of the game terrain. So currently, no, not really. Chances are high that someone I'm reading as Town could be Scum, but that's not saying much. I do have prior experience with Titus on my main, so that one does kind of scare me because it's really hard to tell Scum/Town Titus apart. I'm half-tempted to pressure Merlyn over ignoring my posts but I'm thinking I'd just be spinning me wheels.

This feels like a rather towny response. Scum here more likely feels like they need to come up with a scumread when asked like this. Instead we get forthright acknowledgment that Nurse just doesn't really have any yet. And struggling to come up with much for scumreads sort of seems like where a lot of us are.
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:20 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1357, usesPython wrote:
In post 1356, Abnegation wrote: anyway someone, think it was sheep, wasn't sure why i was townreading aureal.
I actually don't get the town vibes from Aureal
nvm the vibes are back
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:22 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1358, Aureal wrote:
In post 1278, sheepsaysmeep wrote: like let's focus in on aureal for fun. aureal has done nothing wolfy to me and I could totally see her as town. but like, I know she's physically capable of being insanely towny. the second she subbed into the last game I played with her, she immediately made posts that were like wow that's some of the most pure in-depth stuff ive read.
OH NO HE'S DOING THIS WEIRD POCKET AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

srsly wut

I was so insanely towny they would've gotten me miseliminated instead of scumsheep if scum hadn't decided to bus. x_X

sheep isn't playing at all like he did that game so I'm not feeling him scum here at the moment but I dunno where this comes from.
so the fact that she hasn't done that here is like slightly >rand wolf by poe, even if that's an unfair expectation. she also apparently hasn't wolfed before which makes it feel valid to be like "she's wolf struggling to get into the game!” is my best guess rn. I dont rly support her inclusion in the current proposal altho I havent seen why abnegation townreads her

I feel like merlyn fits that “lackluster” description enough as well meh

And yes we went over my lack of proper scum meta already too so I dunno where this comes from. I have precisely one non-ancient scum game and it was multiball. So I have been wolf but have fun trying to figure out my scum meta from that when I was playing 95% the same as I would if town. :P
nvm the nvm this feels pretty performative
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1332, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1330, Aureal wrote:
In post 1213, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1212, Abnegation wrote: for all we know, scum could have noticed that ranger was making
drew
puns and put him in there to cast suspicion. idk.
^
that might implicate kirigiri if true but it's just a theory.

This would be the other possible explanation if Ranger didn't do it. But like, scum are on the ball enough to immediately pick up on Ranger making weird Drew jokes for no reason and decide to set up a frame... and then just sit around for days hoping town picks up on the hints to go after the Ranger/Drew thing? The timing doesn't make sense. Rat started prodding Ranger about it right away but that was just because of the timing and Ranger's view on Drew. If scum wanted heat on Ranger/Drew for it, doesn't it seem like they would point out the supposed crumbing sooner?
yeah, the timing is what i was going to look at and forgot to.
what i don't get is why those two things are necessarily connected. if anti-town!ranger needs drew in the nightmare or thinks she might want to use that ability on him, making puns about specifically him doesn't seem like a smart idea because it connects them. am i wrong to think that's something that was bound to get read into?

Well that would be where the traitor or somesuch speculation comes in. If they were just regular scum together obviously dropping crumbs is silly, unless they're going for some galaxy-brain convoluted gambit. The crumbs would mean Ranger was wanting Drew to be able to figure out who did it, while not being too obvious to the others who perhaps don't care so much.

People are saying "well it's too obvious" but is it really? It took days for the crumbs to be connected, by Kyoko who was doing catchup. I feel like that's hindsight talking. It's obvious
once you've seen it
but if it was that obvious we'd all have seen it right away without Kyoko needing to point it out. That's why I'm thinking Kyoko town. I don't know why scum would want to point out crumbs that town has missed, except if they were setting up a frame, but I've already talked about how that doesn't seem at all likely.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1304, Radical Rat wrote: We really should be voting for at least seven people, as that's the requirement for Normal Invention, which most everyone agrees is the best option
Oh, actually. We need to vote for at least four (because five is the minimum and Drew is already in) but I don't see why we can't do another proposal afterwards to add more people to get to seven. Since we seem to be struggling to get a consensus after the first few consensus townreads, it might be easier to work with that way- get more consensus people confirmed then scrap over the last couple.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1352, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1350, Aureal wrote:

why do you have to post the exact thing i was going to post?
Because WhAt If wE tWo ArE sCuMpArTnErS!?!?!? :shifty:
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:38 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 1366, Aureal wrote:
In post 1304, Radical Rat wrote: We really should be voting for at least seven people, as that's the requirement for Normal Invention, which most everyone agrees is the best option
Oh, actually. We need to vote for at least four (because five is the minimum and Drew is already in) but I don't see why we can't do another proposal afterwards to add more people to get to seven. Since we seem to be struggling to get a consensus after the first few consensus townreads, it might be easier to work with that way- get more consensus people confirmed then scrap over the last couple.
I would rather have a 7-8 person proposal get passed through plurality rules just in case scum have a hammerer. Can we just pretend we passed a 5 person proposal without actually doing it?
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 1365, Aureal wrote:
In post 1332, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1330, Aureal wrote:
In post 1213, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1212, Abnegation wrote: for all we know, scum could have noticed that ranger was making
drew
puns and put him in there to cast suspicion. idk.
^
that might implicate kirigiri if true but it's just a theory.

This would be the other possible explanation if Ranger didn't do it. But like, scum are on the ball enough to immediately pick up on Ranger making weird Drew jokes for no reason and decide to set up a frame... and then just sit around for days hoping town picks up on the hints to go after the Ranger/Drew thing? The timing doesn't make sense. Rat started prodding Ranger about it right away but that was just because of the timing and Ranger's view on Drew. If scum wanted heat on Ranger/Drew for it, doesn't it seem like they would point out the supposed crumbing sooner?
yeah, the timing is what i was going to look at and forgot to.
what i don't get is why those two things are necessarily connected. if anti-town!ranger needs drew in the nightmare or thinks she might want to use that ability on him, making puns about specifically him doesn't seem like a smart idea because it connects them. am i wrong to think that's something that was bound to get read into?

Well that would be where the traitor or somesuch speculation comes in. If they were just regular scum together obviously dropping crumbs is silly, unless they're going for some galaxy-brain convoluted gambit. The crumbs would mean Ranger was wanting Drew to be able to figure out who did it, while not being too obvious to the others who perhaps don't care so much.

People are saying "well it's too obvious" but is it really? It took days for the crumbs to be connected, by Kyoko who was doing catchup. I feel like that's hindsight talking. It's obvious
once you've seen it
but if it was that obvious we'd all have seen it right away without Kyoko needing to point it out. That's why I'm thinking Kyoko town. I don't know why scum would want to point out crumbs that town has missed, except if they were setting up a frame, but I've already talked about how that doesn't seem at all likely.
hmm, i don't think i scumread ranger but the hindsight thing is a good point.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1331, Aureal wrote:
In post 1237, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1236, Doctor Drew wrote: I can assure everyone that unless it is unknown to me, that I am not a savior or lawyer or any of that.

I don't know what Ranger's role is, but whatever their intent is it is independent of my role(again, unless some wackadoo bastard shit).

I
Drew
feel that Ranger is a viable lime today though.
She probably isn't too bad as a lemon as well.

*viable lim

Do you? What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean you would
support
a Ranger elimination? Or just that you think it's possible?
I mean 'viable lim' means I would support a Ranger lim.....or even lime.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Abnegation »

@aureal - who would you put in the initial 5-person proposal?
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1364, usesPython wrote: nvm the nvm this feels pretty performative

Cool, I love being performative. :D
In post 1368, usesPython wrote:
In post 1366, Aureal wrote:
I would rather have a 7-8 person proposal get passed through plurality rules just in case scum have a hammerer. Can we just pretend we passed a 5 person proposal without actually doing it?

Hmmm, not a bad point. Having pretend proposals sounds like all sorts of fun chaos. XD

How about if everyone makes a list sorting who they do/don't/maybe support to help figure out who's consensus/viable?

Yes: Radical Rat, Save the Dragons, usesPython, Abnegation, Titus, Kyoko Kirigiri, Aureal
Maybe: Dragoneater70, Morning Tweet, sheepsaysmeep, Random Nurse, KatyKimFanclub, Flea the Magician, camelCasedSnivy
No: Ranger, Rautherdir, WhemeStar, Merlyn
-furtiveglance
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:04 am

Post by Abnegation »

my list is pretty similar to your list.
i went through the people in playerlist order, the order people are listed here does not reflect the strengths of my reads.

already in: doctor drew
yes: dragoneater70, radical rat, titus, usespython, abnegation, aureal
maybe: random nurse, katykimfanclub, save the dragons, camelcasedsnivy, sheepsaysmeep
mayyyyyyybe: morning tweet, kyoko kirigiri, flea the magician
no: ranger, whemestar, rautherdir, merlyn
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:06 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

Yes: Radical Rat, usesPython, sheepsaysmeep

Prob: DragonEater70, Ranger, Morning Tweet, Doctor Drew, camelCasedSnivy, Abnegation. as well as Aureal I think her response to me was gut villagery idk lol

could compromise if necessary: Save The Dragons, Kyoko Kirigirl

Not rly interested in including: Random Nurse, KatyKimFanClub, Titus, Flea The Magician, WhemeStar, Rautherdir, Merlyn

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”