Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1724, Abnegation wrote:
In post 1723, Doctor Drew wrote: Wheme votes bad.

VOTE: Merlyn
you said she had town energy, what changed? were you convinced by python's reaction test?
As I mentioned before, things have changed a bit in regards to my reads.

And I hate this Wheme push.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1725, Doctor Drew wrote:

you said she had town energy, what changed? were you convinced by python's reaction test?

VC happens and see Merlyn is the main wagon.

Oh No, let's move votes off her.

Puh......lease.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

I dont think town is going to win this game if their best read is someone who isn’t posting
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

But town might not win tbis game if I don’t try and solve
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

I’m also a firm believer in meta reads and use them a lot to read people so if Ranger wants to explain theirs on me I’m more than happy to debunk it
Im a dog that quacks
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:49 pm

Post by Abnegation »

the changes you mentioned before were about ranger unless i'm missing something.
i'm voting wheme because idk who to vote and lurker go yeet. i don't actually have a strong preference for merlyn or wheme wagon though.

p-edit: hmm, i kind of like that theory. still don't know who to vote but maybe a merlyn red flip would be more informative.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1635, usesPython wrote:
In post 1634, Ranger wrote:
In post 1632, usesPython wrote:Sure but from Aureals perspective it should have been chronologically impossible for her to conclude you couldn't be masons with Drew due to your effort spent sorting Drew because you didn't publicly do it until after Aureal expressed doubts about you being masons with Drew
Much as I suspect Aureal, my Doctor Drew read visibly shifted in my lists prior to publicly expressing reasons. That's enough to generate "not masons", so if Aureal's scum, it's not for this.
If that was the case then wouldn't be a thing because she'd be able to point to those shifts as the reasoning instead of assuming phantom memories (which I can believe too but still)
???????

Why the heck am I randomly getting dropped into this conversation? It doesn't seem like you actually have a problem with my admittedly un-thorough explanation, you just said you can believe I would have memories like that, didn't you? Are you just trying to rag on me because I didn't feel like linking specific posts? Have some posts, then: , ,, . How you could read 836/837 in particular as mason-like seems pretty lol to me, I don't think a mason is likely to jerk their supposed read on their partner around unprompted like that. "My partner is a scumread" next post "nvm I think he's town now". Like, here's the sequence of events that you apparently seem to think involves time travel or something:

You say in to read page 34 (because you think she's mason)
I do so and respond to this in being uncertain why you think she's town because I've picked up that you might think she's mason but I have trouble believing it myself.
Ranger made it clear she's not masons with Drew in .
Now that the masonry is explicitly disavowed, I openly say in that I wasn't reading Ranger as mason.

What exactly is the problem here?? All of these things come after those four posts where Ranger does talk about a read on Drew. Ranger herself thinks she's spent effort trying to explain her read on Drew, that's literally what I respond to in the last post there. Why did we even bring this up again like it's confusing or even had anything to do with your conversation?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1638, Ranger wrote:
In post 1174, Aureal wrote:It's a lot of words (in a post complaining about someone using a lot of words) to make the point "I'm town therefore pushing me is bad and suspicious." Which is crap. Because 1) everyone is going to say they're town but some are lying, and 2) townies don't know who all is town so they're gonna push town a lot, analyzing the reasoning for the push is needed.
This is a funny way of agreeing with my own logic as the 'lot of words' explained why I felt the push was suspicious by analyzing the reasoning for the push and concluding Kyoko Kirigiri's push was +scum.

Scum can use the "a lot of words that don't say much" tactic, yes. I don't think anyone is going to dispute that? I think the way you try to twist my words here to make it seem like you're right and I'm agreeing with you is another example of why I think the way you're acting is scummy. That scum could be using a particular tactic like that is generally understood. Whether someone is doing so as scum in a particular instance is a matter everyone is going to have their own opinion on. You think Kyoko's are likely an example. I think yours are likely an example. The fact that we both think scum might use this tactic is not "a funny way of agreeing" with your logic, it's just a fact that we both have this knowledge because we have some experience playing this game called Mafia.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1655, Ranger wrote:
In post 1589, Abnegation wrote:i don't think that only posting puns = town. i was townreading ranger individually already, but i forget why.
There's a real easy solution to this if you can spare the time.
A real easy solution to remembering why she townread you? You're not peddling some quack substance to enhance memories, are you? :?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1659, Ranger wrote:
In post 1622, Radical Rat wrote:if she's scum, she's one of the ones I think could successfully leverage a nightmare presence to her advantage.
I'm honored by the respect shown to my scumgame. Given my recent scum neighborhood performance, it's likely warranted. Still, this respect shouldn't deny optimal play. If you think there's a reasonable chance I'm town, then paranoia's no reason to keep me out.
And again here, you feel like you're pushing a narrative. Has Rat been indicating they feel a reasonable chance you're town? A quick iso shows just a few posts earlier they're feeling "iffy" about you and expressing a lot of concern. That doesn't sound like someone who's thinking there's a reasonable chance you're town, but you're coming at this from that angle anyway.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:38 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1706, Radical Rat wrote: I have a moral opposition to actually eliminating empty slots without hard evidence. I know it's annoying, and unlikely to change any minds, but the replacement deserves the chance to attempt some kind of defense.
I wouldn't really call Merlyn's slot 'empty' though? She wasn't acting like she was busy or anything, just... not doing much but expressing irritation that people would be suspicious of her.
-furtiveglance
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1735, Aureal wrote:
In post 1706, Radical Rat wrote: I have a moral opposition to actually eliminating empty slots without hard evidence. I know it's annoying, and unlikely to change any minds, but the replacement deserves the chance to attempt some kind of defense.
I wouldn't really call Merlyn's slot 'empty' though? She wasn't acting like she was busy or anything, just... not doing much but expressing irritation that people would be suspicious of her.
Empty as in it is not currently occupied by a player.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1726, Doctor Drew wrote:

Puh......lease.

I... am very confused by what you're even trying to do here. :?
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by usesPython »

Paranoia theory: Drew is a secret hydra
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1736, Radical Rat wrote:

Yeah, but it was. That's probably about all of what we're going to have to work with. Honestly I think the odds of getting a replacement who's going to jump into a 70-page 19-player game and get serious enough to turn the slot around before deadline are not great.
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:56 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1738, usesPython wrote: Paranoia theory: Drew is a secret hydra
Explains the Drew/
Drew
thing and can be done with a PT + a post restriction that forces him to post what's said there
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1725, Doctor Drew wrote: As I mentioned before, things have changed a bit in regards to my reads.

Is this from Drew or
Drew
?
In post 1726, Doctor Drew wrote: VC happens and see Merlyn is the main wagon.

Puh......lease.
Is this from Drew or
Drew
?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1739, Aureal wrote:
In post 1736, Radical Rat wrote:

Yeah, but it was. That's probably about all of what we're going to have to work with. Honestly I think the odds of getting a replacement who's going to jump into a 70-page 19-player game and get serious enough to turn the slot around before deadline are not great.
I recognize this, and scum have managed to slip by because I've done this before. But it still never sits right with me. We're here to play a social game with other people, and rushing through a slot with no person feels antithetical to that is all.

WhemeStar conversely, is a slot that IS occupied by a player with an opportunity to play, but has consistently done basically nothing except make vague promises of doing things later. I always struggle to read lurkers, but it's better than nothing, the support is there, and I don't have to feel guilty about doing it.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:02 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1726, Doctor Drew wrote:

Puh......lease.
Merlyn's been the main wagon for a good while now. Why would it have taken so long to move if this is the case?

Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1740, usesPython wrote:
In post 1738, usesPython wrote: Paranoia theory: Drew is a secret hydra
Explains the Drew/
Drew
thing and can be done with a PT + a post restriction that forces him to post what's said there
Huh.

That actually almost makes too much sense.
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1182, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1181, usesPython wrote:
In post 1179, Merlyn wrote: I am only going to read tke Kyoko/Ranger thing if I have to, probably on D2. Right now I don't really think there's a way to tell who's town or not from the argument.
It's pretty simple: Ranger town, Kirigiri sussy baka
Here me out.

Merlyn doesn't want to be forced to fake a read?
In post 1183, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1182, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1181, usesPython wrote:
In post 1179, Merlyn wrote: I am only going to read tke Kyoko/Ranger thing if I have to, probably on D2. Right now I don't really think there's a way to tell who's town or not from the argument.
It's pretty simple: Ranger town, Kirigiri sussy baka
Here me out.

Merlyn doesn't want to be forced to fake a read?
And while you are at it, hear me out as well.
This is probably the clearest instance of the hydra thing happening
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:53 pm