Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 298, SirCakez wrote:
In post 295, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 289, SirCakez wrote:
In post 263, Ydrasse wrote: i think cakez could be mafia

the pop in feels like it’s at a point where pressure could swing to me and the reason is like the most basic. paired with his few posts which seem very… uninterested in stuff like the miller claims and posts after. like it’s a chance to lambast me with a refusal to talk about anything else happening or what could support his worldview etc.
oh come on this is ridiculous and you know it
what's your argument against mine?
like i'm unsure what you're even asking me to directly challenge here. your read on me as informed?
the answer is "i'm not", i don't think that elle's responses were drafted by mafia for explained reasons
impasse
okay and so how does that invalidate my read
I don't see how from your PoV you think this is a scum push rather then a town mis-push. Ergo scum PoV.
because i'm taking it in conjunction with the stuff i've said about pooky? :?
you made the post, i read your iso after, and i ended up disliking what you've done.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

pagetopped
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 297, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 292, SirCakez wrote:
In post 264, Ydrasse wrote: the pooky thing is played out and obligatory but i find it interesting (scummy flavored) that he doesn’t seem to care about exploring the content that could maybe help him parse a slot he often plays with and interacts with etc
I'm always gonna have my little clash with Pooky but I think it's entirely and obviously irrelevant to my alignment this game and I think this is an incredibly weak argument to use to SR me
also i don't really think this is like. entirely true because it's a Behavior factored into meta and the things that you do in game so i think that how you treat it could give insight to your alignment. i don't think it's the Strongest reason to call someone mafia but i think it's possible you felt like you had to go through the basic motions of giving him/it attention without actually caring about the more important engagement with it.
so then what would you be arguing if I came into this game without doing it? "Oh it's weird why Cakez didn't anything to Pooky, seems kinda scummy?"
Me doing it or not is not AI
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:

the pop in feels like it’s at a point where pressure could swing to me and the reason is like the most basic. paired with his few posts which seem very… uninterested in stuff like the miller claims and posts after. like it’s a chance to lambast me with a refusal to talk about anything else happening or what could support his worldview etc.
like i'm unsure what you're even asking me to directly challenge here. your read on me as informed?
the answer is "i'm not", i don't think that elle's responses were drafted by mafia for explained reasons
impasse
I don't see how from your PoV you think this is a scum push rather then a town mis-push. Ergo scum PoV.
you made the post, i read your iso after, and i ended up disliking what you've done.
Ydrasse you're really good but your arguments this game are straight :dead: :dead: :dead: and I don't think you'd be making them as town
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 302, SirCakez wrote:
In post 264, Ydrasse wrote: the pooky thing is played out and obligatory but i find it interesting (scummy flavored) that he doesn’t seem to care about exploring the content that could maybe help him parse a slot he often plays with and interacts with etc
I'm always gonna have my little clash with Pooky but I think it's entirely and obviously irrelevant to my alignment this game and I think this is an incredibly weak argument to use to SR me
also i don't really think this is like. entirely true because it's a Behavior factored into meta and the things that you do in game so i think that how you treat it could give insight to your alignment. i don't think it's the Strongest reason to call someone mafia but i think it's possible you felt like you had to go through the basic motions of giving him/it attention without actually caring about the more important engagement with it.
so then what would you be arguing if I came into this game without doing it? "Oh it's weird why Cakez didn't anything to Pooky, seems kinda scummy?"
Me doing it or not is not AI
i feel like you're being obtuse right now and intentionally missing the point.

i think that you came into the game and gave the bare minimum amount of attention you had to to pooky because it's ritual. and people notice when that sort of behavior isn't gone.
however, once you did that your actual engagement with "content", the things you could like actually use to get yourself into the game based off of that when it was topical (the meuh/pooky miller thing) was not there, it didn't seem to register to you and i feel like that's a sign you're not really reading or caring to solve the game.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:15 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 303, SirCakez wrote:
In post 300, Ydrasse wrote:

impasse
Ydrasse you're really good but your arguments this game are straight :dead: :dead: :dead: and I don't think you'd be making them as town
like i don't know what to say to this but i think it's a really scummy post when you're actively like misinterpreting what i'm saying (and i feel that other people will blatantly... be able to tell what's happening) and then also adding the softening little "you're good omg" to it which, i think maybe is scummy because i'm reading everything else you're doing right now as that but it just feels like one of those little "things" people add to try and make a post seem more real
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by SirCakez »

okay I'm coming back to this later this is a dumpster fire
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

????
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 271, GuiltyLion wrote: @Cakez - do you have a read on elle?

@Dunn - I get that you like the post but you really believe that's sufficient for a townread? and reads as though you're POEing via your townreads and that feels kinda rote and simplistic. I don't think mafia is incapable of producing catboi's ISO so far
If Catboi is mafia they opened up by calling a lot of people town, including two people who claimed the same role. I think mafia would be more hesitant to do so and would want paranoia to remain there.

I guess my reasoning here isn't convincing to other people, but I wasn't really trying to convince other people, I was just giving my own thoughts
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I believe that Ydrasse is usually more charismatic as mafia early. Maybe. I feel like I make this argument a lot in games but I don't remember how that has went for me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Would Ydrasse, as mafia, feel the need to push SirCakez early on, rather than building up connections?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Dunnstral do you want to be my paralegal and write up a summary of this Cakez/Ydrasse dumpster fire interaction
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:42 pm

I ain't paying much but you can put it on your CV that you were a summer intern at Pooky & Associates
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Spoiler:
In post 183, Meuh wrote:
In post 173, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: 2006 I can't believe my memory goes back that far
Damn, that fakeclaim is older than me
----
In post 261, Ydrasse wrote: history has always punished the most contrarian minds
In post 262, SirCakez wrote:ok caesar

These are my best of Micro 1091 highlights so far.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 312, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: Dunnstral do you want to be my paralegal and write up a summary of this Cakez/Ydrasse dumpster fire interaction

In post SirCakez votes for Ydrasse with some reasoning.

In post and 264 Ydrasse turns around and says SirCakez could be mafia with reasoning.

In post SirCakez says that 263 is ridiculous and asks for the argument against their post 259
290-292 Sircakez is explaining their play around Pooky
293 Ydrasse calls the above touchy
295 Ydrasse asks what SirCakez means with responding to 259 and sort of gives an answer
297 Ydrasse says SirCakez treatment of Pooky is AI
298 SirCakez calls 295 scum point of view

In post Ydrasse says that SirCakez is avoiding engagement with the actual content this game, including the miller claims
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Ydrasse points against SirCakez:
o Their vote put pressure on Ydrasse at a time when people were considering voting for Ydrasse
o Their interaction with Pooky is suspicious because they avoided talking about the miller claim to "get into the game", and they would do so as town
o They are being obtuse in their interaction with Ydrasse and missing the point on purpose, including misrepping what Ydrasse is saying

SirCakez points against Ydrasse:
o Their interactions with elle (1L) on page 8 are informed
o Their responses to SirCakez's questions are bad and Ydrasse would have better arguments as town
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 316, Dunnstral wrote: Their vote put pressure on Ydrasse at a time when people were considering voting for Ydrasse
i want to clarify that this isn't based off of explicit, in thread posts people have said about wanting to vote me but a general "atmosphere" around some questioning that i felt. i am fighting ghosts as well as mafia.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:20 pm

are these ghosts in the room with us
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

sorry to hear about COVID Bell :/ rest and take care of yourself

I am getting townvibes from Ydrasse - I've played a handful of games with her as both alignments and I've noticed a pattern where she acts noticeably more vibey and carefree as scum, like she plays in a manner to convince everyone that she's decidedly
not
experiencing any of the pressure or anxiety that comes with Being Mafia. whereas here she's being pretty candid about feeling a possible thread vibe against her, Mesh's hedgey post making her "antsy", etc. It comes across being self-conscious about her standing in the town in a way that I think scum!Ydra would generally tend to hide.

I was kinda wary of her opening for this exact reason, like feels like something she'd post as scum, but the more anxious energy of her page 11/12 posts feels genuine to me.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also she's exactly right here, like Cakez do you seriously believe your interactions with Pooky are "obviously irrelevant" to your alignment? you don't think it matters at all that in one world you know his alignment and in one world you don't, like that won't manifest in how you treat him??
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 294, SirCakez wrote: I think the posts read like a scum overreaction but I can see where a town player reacts like this especially in this type of game where I'm sure people were excited to play in this one, it sucks getting sunk with a wagon within 24 hours of day one open
so you think elle is town (or at least null town), but you see Ydrasse coming to the same read as TMI - is that specific to the way she expressed the read or is the read itself inherently suspicious to you?

and which read came first (elle townread vs ydra scumread) and to what degree do they impact each other, if at all. like are you adding any weight to your elle townread because you think Ydra TMI'd the slot, or are these things largely unrelated in your mind
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 310, Dunnstral wrote: I believe that Ydrasse is usually more charismatic as mafia early. Maybe. I feel like I make this argument a lot in games but I don't remember how that has went for me.
hah actually this is sorta what I just said but in a more concise tl;dr form

hmmm I wanna say that is +points for Dunn being town but I guess he could still make this argument as scum, especially if he's made it before
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 309, Dunnstral wrote: If Catboi is mafia they opened up by calling a lot of people town, including two people who claimed the same role. I think mafia would be more hesitant to do so and would want paranoia to remain there.
on this though, I guess like, maybe? scum are certainly incentivized away from making early game townreads but I feel once you hit a certain level of experience/skill in your scum game you realize early TRs are a lot more reversible than people tend to think. in the general case I agree with you but I wouldn't put that much stock in it for somebody who's been on the site for a decade, especially when he himself immediately said he's capable of posting that as scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 316, Dunnstral wrote: Ydrasse points against SirCakez:
o Their vote put pressure on Ydrasse at a time when people were considering voting for Ydrasse
o Their interaction with Pooky is suspicious because they avoided talking about the miller claim to "get into the game", and they would do so as town
o They are being obtuse in their interaction with Ydrasse and missing the point on purpose, including misrepping what Ydrasse is saying

SirCakez points against Ydrasse:
o Their interactions with elle (1L) on page 8 are informed
o Their responses to SirCakez's questions are bad and Ydrasse would have better arguments as town
what are your thoughts about a Cakez vote?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”