Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Locked
User avatar
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
User avatar
User avatar
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Posts: 17311
Joined: July 14, 2020
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by Bell »

Hedging is fine.
I almost never (get it?) say things in absolutes.
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5008
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 319, GuiltyLion wrote: sorry to hear about COVID Bell :/ rest and take care of yourself

I am getting townvibes from Ydrasse - I've played a handful of games with her as both alignments and I've noticed a pattern where she acts noticeably more vibey and carefree as scum, like she plays in a manner to convince everyone that she's decidedly
not
experiencing any of the pressure or anxiety that comes with Being Mafia. whereas here she's being pretty candid about feeling a possible thread vibe against her, Mesh's hedgey post making her "antsy", etc. It comes across being self-conscious about her standing in the town in a way that I think scum!Ydra would generally tend to hide.

I was kinda wary of her opening for this exact reason, like feels like something she'd post as scum, but the more anxious energy of her page 11/12 posts feels genuine to me.
True!
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5008
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:30 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 350, Bell wrote: Hedging is fine.
I almost never (get it?) say things in absolutes.
I know, I was just poking fun
User avatar
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
User avatar
User avatar
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Posts: 17311
Joined: July 14, 2020
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Bell »

I hope you aren’t scum here Meuh,
You’re really nailing that easy to get along with archetype.
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5008
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Meuh »

I already rolled scum 3 times this year, so the mafia gods will compensate by making me town for the rest of the year :good:
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5008
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by Meuh »

You know who DOES feel like they're just going through the motions? GuiltyLion.
User avatar
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 5008
Joined: February 1, 2021
Pronoun: She/her
Location: Canada

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 355, Meuh wrote: You know who DOES feel like they're just going through the motions? GuiltyLion.
I do think this is a general quirk of the way he plays, but he feels especially stiff here I guess?
Like compared to New Year Dance Party (viewtopic.php?sid=&f=56&t=90239&user_select%5B%5D=26515), his posting here feels cleaner in a way I don't feel good about; could partially be justified by the contrast in game tone and him not being 100% checked into that game, but I don't find that fully satisfactory. Also feels generally off (and TMI on Dunn being town maybe?), like I read this post and he presents this questioning of Dunn's alignment but I don't actually feel like this is something he reflected on, I don't buy the thought process.
VOTE: GuiltyLion
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by catboi »

I was going to say GL fits the mold of having posts that are unobjectionable to me but aren't particularly towny, but also was kind of maybe possibly hoping to see more from him.

I do think Cakez is probably one of my top townreads actually, his burst on the previous page reads pretty genuine IMO.
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 39977
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

meuh scum clearly worried that the dynamic duo of stuffed animals are about to run roughshod over this game
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 39977
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

actually bell is a stuffed animal too I'm upgrading us to a full masonry
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 331, catboi wrote: It's not impossible if she felt threatened by cakez scumreading her and felt the need to push back on an accuser before she became a wagon - part of why I squinted at her accusing the game of shifting momentum toward her was that it felt like it could be an unconscious guilt thing - when you're scum you tend to perceive your actions as ore suspicious than they are and get worried that people are going to start pushing you and it felt like an exaggeration of reality.

Or she could just be a paranoid townie. I'm hardly committed to my current vote.
do you have any thoughts on what I said re: my impression of her scumgame being specifically crafted to appear carefree?

It's kinda odd you didn't comment on that at all, like what you are proposing as a scum explanation here is exactly the opposite of how Ydrasse plays as mafia in my experience
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 337, SirCakez wrote: what is this stuff? just vote me if you feel something it's always weird to me when people like look for approval for their votes before placing them.
I was asking Dunn specifically because I am getting a weird vibe around him where he seems to be suspecting you but isn't voting you (or voting at all, for that matter).

I don't need his approval to vote you lol you misunderstand my post completely if you think that's what I was asking for
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I have a thought on but I'm gonna wait for Ydrasse to potentially respond / address the post first
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 356, Meuh wrote:
In post 355, Meuh wrote: You know who DOES feel like they're just going through the motions? GuiltyLion.
I do think this is a general quirk of the way he plays, but he feels especially stiff here I guess?
Like compared to New Year Dance Party (viewtopic.php?sid=&f=56&t=90239&user_select%5B%5D=26515), his posting here feels cleaner in a way I don't feel good about; could partially be justified by the contrast in game tone and him not being 100% checked into that game, but I don't find that fully satisfactory. Also feels generally off (and TMI on Dunn being town maybe?), like I read this post and he presents this questioning of Dunn's alignment but I don't actually feel like this is something he reflected on, I don't buy the thought process.
VOTE: GuiltyLion
mm I was conftown that game and burning out and didn't try very hard

I need to go check to confirm but I vaguely recall you mistakenly scumreading me for similar reasons in Eurybia's curse
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 360, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 331, catboi wrote: It's not impossible if she felt threatened by cakez scumreading her and felt the need to push back on an accuser before she became a wagon - part of why I squinted at her accusing the game of shifting momentum toward her was that it felt like it could be an unconscious guilt thing - when you're scum you tend to perceive your actions as ore suspicious than they are and get worried that people are going to start pushing you and it felt like an exaggeration of reality.

Or she could just be a paranoid townie. I'm hardly committed to my current vote.
do you have any thoughts on what I said re: my impression of her scumgame being specifically crafted to appear carefree?

It's kinda odd you didn't comment on that at all, like what you are proposing as a scum explanation here is exactly the opposite of how Ydrasse plays as mafia in my experience
No, I don't really have anything to say abut it. You're overestimating the extent to which I believe in this read. (I know my vote is on her. I would unvote if someone else voted her).
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 27866
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 361, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 337, SirCakez wrote: what is this stuff? just vote me if you feel something it's always weird to me when people like look for approval for their votes before placing them.
I was asking Dunn specifically because I am getting a weird vibe around him where he seems to be suspecting you but isn't voting you (or voting at all, for that matter).

I don't need his approval to vote you lol you misunderstand my post completely if you think that's what I was asking for
Okay I believe this
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yah Meuh I think you should reread my ISO and yours in Eurybia's again, I was just perusing through it and it feels like you were getting similar vibes there, and I'm curious if you agree or if there's still a difference in your mind
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 27866
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 338, Bell wrote: How would GL voting you if you were town be a productive use of anyone’s time.
that was not the point of that, I was trying to see the motivation behind those posts because it felt weird to me
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

catboi why are you feeling kinda passive this game?

there's been a few moments where you've said you're waiting for more or uncertain of reads and I don't remember you being this hands off last time we played together
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 368, GuiltyLion wrote: catboi why are you feeling kinda passive this game?

there's been a few moments where you've said you're waiting for more or uncertain of reads and I don't remember you being this hands off last time we played together
It's by design, I'm experimenting.Surprised you were the first to comment on it. I'm trying to go with the flow more and see how it works.
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

what prompted the decision to experiment in this game?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 370, GuiltyLion wrote: what prompted the decision to experiment in this game?
I felt like trying to be a leader every game wasn't working well so I'd hang back more. Some reflection on getting too confirmation biased by trying to force my view onto the game.
User avatar
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
User avatar
User avatar
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Posts: 17311
Joined: July 14, 2020
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 367, SirCakez wrote:
In post 338, Bell wrote: How would GL voting you if you were town be a productive use of anyone’s time.
that was not the point of that, I was trying to see the motivation behind those posts because it felt weird to me
That is very roundabout.
User avatar
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
User avatar
User avatar
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Posts: 17311
Joined: July 14, 2020
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by Bell »

I interpreted this more as a machismo, face me bro type thing.
User avatar
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
User avatar
User avatar
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Posts: 14081
Joined: May 1, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

head hurty tmrw morning
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Locked

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”