Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Locked
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:54 am

Post by catboi »

Kinda think your replace in is scummy Luke :<
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Sad.
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Here, with Dunn's town read on catboi.
Spoiler:
In post 255, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 177, Dunnstral wrote: Napkin thoughts: Millers town, catboi town, Bell town
why is catboi town?
In post 271, GuiltyLion wrote:@Dunn - I get that you like the post but you really believe that's sufficient for a townread? and reads as though you're POEing via your townreads and that feels kinda rote and simplistic. I don't think mafia is incapable of producing catboi's ISO so far

And then here with Ydra's town lean on my slot.
Spoiler:
In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 198, Ydrasse wrote: the point is that i think she could like... dunno. i feel like mafia would be a little less all over the place about it and less overtly... intense? i don't know if that's the right word but maybe dealing with it head-on. it doesn't feel like the correct response as mafia to me.


I feel you that this reaction is a bit disproportionate and a lot of mafia would probably be playing it more cool here, but I also don't really know her that well and don't know what her scumrange is or what she's capable of. some people do like to smash the AtE button cause it's easier for them to sound genuine, especially if the suspicion isn't exactly 'fair' despite being correct

idk did you have any thoughts on the aforementioned phone point?


Neither of these come across to me, as GL trying to get a feel for Dunn or Ydra's alignments, or to see if they are swayed by their arguments, but more to weaken early town reads that they have forming, which feels like a weird town priority for page 11

VOTE: Guilty Lion
User avatar
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
User avatar
User avatar
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Posts: 28375
Joined: June 18, 2015
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 423, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 418, SirCakez wrote: i understand this and the thread vibes you were talking about
im still hung up on how you think I could have felt the same vibes as you and taken advantage based on those.
ok so Cakez this is getting at the same question/thought I have about your

do you think the vibes/atmosphere of the game that Ydrasse is talking about actually did exist in her point of view? or do you think she's fabricating the 'vibes' as a reason to push you?

I think as either alignment Ydrasse may have genuinely felt people were going to suspect her, and if she's town wouldn't it make sense to see the timing of your vote as suspicious? I don't think it's an inherently
scummy
argument, even if I could imagine her also making it as scum
i don't know
i'm trying to read if it was genuine or not
it could be
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:13 am

Post by catboi »

It's possible I have pre-biased myself against your slot, Luke, since I stated in no uncertain terms what my opinion was prior to the rep-in. However, I don't like the read on ydrasse, and I don't really like the push on pooky. The ydrasse read felt too free, too easy, assigning credit to a reaction that doesn't seem especially alignment indicative and I think most people wouldn't read anything into. Going after pooky there just feels like...trying to manufacture
something
but I don't think it looks like especially well thought out reasoning, just a very simplistic point about him backing down too quickly.
User avatar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 13829
Joined: August 19, 2015
Pronoun: he/him
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Luke - I don't really think any of you, Dunn, or catboi have been townie, so I am indeed trying to get a feel for Dunn's alignment and challenging Ydra on why she TRed your slot

it's kinda disingenuous to frame that as "weaken early town reads" as opposed to, y'know, scumhunting
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
User avatar
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 8101
Joined: March 26, 2013

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:15 am

Post by catboi »

I have actually been incredibly town the last few pages you just need to open your mind to the next level
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am working through the SirCakez and Ydra stuff, and all my brain in getting is static.

It takes up a decent amount of thread conversation here, but I do not feel like I formed any actionable thoughts about either of them from it tbh.
User avatar
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
User avatar
User avatar
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Posts: 14186
Joined: May 1, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Ydrasse »

wait i’m being challenged

huh
wuh
shrimp emoji
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
User avatar
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
User avatar
User avatar
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Posts: 14186
Joined: May 1, 2020
Pronoun: She

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i thought the read on me was really poor barring knowing how much luke read thus the gif response
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 429, catboi wrote: It's possible I have pre-biased myself against your slot, Luke, since I stated in no uncertain terms what my opinion was prior to the rep-in. However, I don't like the read on ydrasse, and I don't really like the push on pooky. The ydrasse read felt too free, too easy, assigning credit to a reaction that doesn't seem especially alignment indicative and I think most people wouldn't read anything into. Going after pooky there just feels like...trying to manufacture
something
but I don't think it looks like especially well thought out reasoning, just a very simplistic point about him backing down too quickly.
The read on Ydra was a page one read lol. I just got here, and was trying to get into the thread, and that was a page 1 thought.

Since then, I quite liked that she was the only one vocally town reading my slot as it gained votes, and it makes me want to nod along and call her town for it, but also, I am aware that that is just as likely to be a scum stance to take.

I then liked the way that she seemed like she was struggling to find the exact right words to explain why she thought that elle was town. It felt like she was repeatedly responding to people with something along the lines of "that is not quite what I meant, actually..." which made it feel like she had a Real Thought that she was trying to get across.

But then, SirCakez suggestion that she sounded informed did worry me, because if I did not know Elle's alignment, I do not think I would have been town reading her, so it gave me pause.

I think that overall, I would not be interested in voting her because of the explanation thing ringing true to me like she had Specific Throughts that she felt it important to be clear on.

I am also mellowing on Pooky (moved the vote and everything lol). It struck me as odd, I said that, and then answered the follow up questions. But those were my immediate thoughts on reading the interaction.
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:53 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 430, GuiltyLion wrote: @Luke - I don't really think any of you, Dunn, or catboi have been townie, so I am indeed trying to get a feel for Dunn's alignment and challenging Ydra on why she TRed your slot

it's kinda disingenuous to frame that as "weaken early town reads" as opposed to, y'know, scumhunting
Your line of questioning with Dunn did not appear to lead to you voicing any thoughts on Dunn's alignment wrt his Catboi read, nor did you seem to argue that Catboi was scum. It was just "but scum catboi COULD do that too, so you should not town read him." And that being the where that conversation led, left me with that impression.

I also, just, in general do not trust that sort of argument as genuine, because it seems to set a precedent that in order to think someone is more likely to be town, you must believe that their actions could not be replicated. And that is a very silly bar to set for town reads.
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I have caught up to the point where I repped in, and already feel like I have been staring at this game for too many hours today :skull:
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:05 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 420, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 417, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: yea the point is i dont know
And I am trying to say that the way you went about sorting the question did not feel genuine.

I did not see a gut reaction scum read, and I did not see an analytical take on why she would do that as scum (You never voiced a reason to think she was town before the post you just made).

You just pushed back at her half heartedly when she pushed you, and then dropped it.

And that feels off to me.

And thinking about it from a scum POV, "tell me a flavor that makes sense as a miller" into "sure that flavor makes sense" into "pivoting away from the double miller claim" seems like a reasonable plan of action given the situation.

ok what else should I have done to sort her other than asking for her flavor
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:08 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like I don't even consider "miller" to be a "counterclaim"

in my mind a counterclaim is when there's room for only one thing in a open setup or a closed setup that has plausible limits on power.

there can be any number of millers in a micro. two millers is not something that's impossible - it could be that there's only one miller and meuh is mafia. But I'm not going to sort her alignment based on her claim because her claim doesn't show me anything about her alignment.

Guessing whether there's two or one millers in this game is just trying to outguess Prism.

Guessing whether Meuh would fakeclaim miller immediately as mafia is just trying to outguess Meuh.

She is basically a claimed VT to me and if I think she's mafia it will be because of her play not her claim.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 429, catboi wrote: The ydrasse read felt too free, too easy, assigning credit to a reaction that doesn't seem especially alignment indicative and I think most people wouldn't read anything into. Going after pooky there just feels like...trying to manufacture something but I don't think it looks like especially well thought out reasoning, just a very simplistic point about him backing down too quickly.
I feel like this whole take ignores the context of the fact that I just repped in away from the posts.

Because, yeah, that would be a super weak reason to town read Ydra, on the 5th irl day of the game. But that was my page 1 town pings, posted 5 mins after I repped in, when I had read exactly 1 page of the game.

And the thing with Pooky was my first vote of the game. Made 1 hour into catching up.

I think it is pretty common knowledge that I spew my thoughts into the thread, as I am having them, so I am not really sure why you would expect more nuanced takes from me at the 5 min or the 1 hour mark tbh.
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 438, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 420, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 417, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: yea the point is i dont know
And I am trying to say that the way you went about sorting the question did not feel genuine.

I did not see a gut reaction scum read, and I did not see an analytical take on why she would do that as scum (You never voiced a reason to think she was town before the post you just made).

You just pushed back at her half heartedly when she pushed you, and then dropped it.

And that feels off to me.

And thinking about it from a scum POV, "tell me a flavor that makes sense as a miller" into "sure that flavor makes sense" into "pivoting away from the double miller claim" seems like a reasonable plan of action given the situation.

ok what else should I have done to sort her other than asking for her flavor
Not sure tbh.

Like I said, I don't think that I would have questioned a "scum would be less likely to take this path, so meuh is +town" take from you. Or a gut reaction scum read from you.

But it was the way you went from joking/cordial when she first claimed, into telling her to flavor claim or its a scum claim, into dropping, that just did not sit right with me.

But, I have been swayed as I read more of the thread and thought more about it. I have you back in null territory at this point.
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:20 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

well first I wanted to play 20 questions with her where we give crumbs/hints about our flavor for fun and try to guess who each other were

then when she ignored me I thought she was being cagey because she didn't have flavor so I went to pressuring for an immediate flavor claim

then after that her claim was basically uninteresting to me as I have no idea what Prism's impression of their legal research and writing class is.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Pooky, what is your read on me so far?
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:51 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I kind of think scum!you would have a better entrance than this but you could be devious scum who fumbled their own entrance just to throw me off the scent

tho the risk/reward is pretty off.

I think I can read you if you actually do shit like hunt down bad guys but rn you feel like you're floundering
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:57 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 427, Lukewarm wrote: Here, with Dunn's town read on catboi.
Spoiler:
In post 255, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 177, Dunnstral wrote: Napkin thoughts: Millers town, catboi town, Bell town
why is catboi town?
In post 271, GuiltyLion wrote:@Dunn - I get that you like the post but you really believe that's sufficient for a townread? and reads as though you're POEing via your townreads and that feels kinda rote and simplistic. I don't think mafia is incapable of producing catboi's ISO so far

And then here with Ydra's town lean on my slot.
Spoiler:
In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 198, Ydrasse wrote: the point is that i think she could like... dunno. i feel like mafia would be a little less all over the place about it and less overtly... intense? i don't know if that's the right word but maybe dealing with it head-on. it doesn't feel like the correct response as mafia to me.


I feel you that this reaction is a bit disproportionate and a lot of mafia would probably be playing it more cool here, but I also don't really know her that well and don't know what her scumrange is or what she's capable of. some people do like to smash the AtE button cause it's easier for them to sound genuine, especially if the suspicion isn't exactly 'fair' despite being correct

idk did you have any thoughts on the aforementioned phone point?


Neither of these come across to me, as GL trying to get a feel for Dunn or Ydra's alignments, or to see if they are swayed by their arguments, but more to weaken early town reads that they have forming, which feels like a weird town priority for page 11

VOTE: Guilty Lion
like I have trouble with this read and you believing it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like I don't really get how you reread the game to here and came to that as the most noteworthy thing to push on

it feels like its been cherrypicked out of GL's iso to fit a specific narrative that is not actually even that convincing tbh
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
User avatar
User avatar
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back
Posts: 40885
Joined: August 17, 2003

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:58 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

but if you're town I expect you to actually catch baddies Lukewarm <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR


"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I asked because you seemed very focused on convincing me that you are town. But you are also voting for me.

But I liked your response well enough.
In post 446, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: like I don't really get how you reread the game to here and came to that as the most noteworthy thing to push on

it feels like its been cherrypicked out of GL's iso to fit a specific narrative that is not actually even that convincing tbh
What do you think is the most noteworthy thing to push on at this point, if not that?

I don't really feel like anyone has jumped out and claimed scum yet at this point, do you feel like I missed something?

I have bell and meuh as both likely town. Soft leaning town on Ydra.

I thought a lot about you, but the passion behind that scum read went away.

Cakez posts have largely felt like ones that I don't know how to sort one way or the other, although I did like his take on Ydra seeming informed (even if I am not sure I agree) as a reasonable suspicion that he could have in the moment that he voiced it.

Dunn and Catboi, I don't have either down as town, but did not see any particularly noteworthy reason to suspect them either.

And then there is my GL suspicion, so that is where my vote is.

Where should my vote be, if not there? what did I miss in my catch up?
User avatar
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
User avatar
User avatar
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Posts: 9588
Joined: March 21, 2021

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Setting you up.
Locked

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”