Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3099, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3096, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 3093, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3090, Ranger wrote:
In post 3083, Dannflor wrote:eh
is kinda towny
It’s very much not.
Posts like that is far from their actual town behavior's if one knows what it is and what to look out for.
Ok. I know you'll probably keep dodging this, but here's town!you voting town!me in Open 870. Which is the only game playing with town you I can remember.
Bad example. I only voted you because Shirou, one of my bestest friends kept pushing me to do it.
That's demonstrably false even just by the post I quoted - you thought I bussed and then used it to towncase myself.

What game have we even been in together apart from that? You were scum in this one, so you can't really claim to have a perfect meta read based on this game.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Didn't you just link Team Mafia which we were both town in.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2904, Enchant wrote: I probably just say that's it's hardly possible and this theory builded out nowhere and like "hey look i am so uninformed". Accusations of being 3p are senseless mostly so no one will follow them.
I was spitballing about 3p because I feel the number of slots implausibly defending CCS in the face of BlueSnakelet being caught in a lie is really strange, and more likely to happen if mafia team knows he's not one of theirs
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3101, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Didn't you just link Team Mafia which we were both town in.
Yes, as an example of a towngame after my playstyle became less wacky/more reserved. I mean, look at this post from the game:

TM game back in April
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:48 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3073, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3064, RCEnigma wrote: Dude what? Well for one, Titus threw the first vote down but didn’t do much to build the case against ranger. I’d say that is Dusa, dann, and myself who also spent the day advocating Ranger and pushing the wagon near e-1 before you shuffled off the wagon.
When did Furtive shuffle off the Ranger wagon

Or am I misreading this
Their unvote was off snivy’s wagon…my bad.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:51 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3102, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2904, Enchant wrote: I probably just say that's it's hardly possible and this theory builded out nowhere and like "hey look i am so uninformed". Accusations of being 3p are senseless mostly so no one will follow them.
I was spitballing about 3p because I feel the number of slots implausibly defending CCS in the face of BlueSnakelet being caught in a lie is really strange, and more likely to happen if mafia team knows he's not one of theirs
Was he really caught in a lie? He could be town, think that other people should study according to his rules, and decide to not follow his own rules.
I laid out another theory (that the entire post was his soft) which could explain why he's not following his rules.

A related point I have is that if he were scum and that's why he lied, then he wouldn't have submitted a study amount at all, so unless cCS has been theater'ing the entire time, why would cCS choose numbers like 100 and then 80 (numbers that make sense) when they would later implicate him?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:55 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I will say I don’t townread furitive but it’s the same reasoning as why I pushed him in boonytunes and I feel like the same thing is happening again
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:55 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Maybe his meta did change cause my booney read was a meta dive on him specifically of the hydra
Im a dog that quacks
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Dannflor »

BS probably didn’t pre-select the numbers he was gonna claim and post them in the scum PT ?

CCS probably just came up with numbers he thought made sense
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Dannflor »

That was @KKFC
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don’t know like

The claim stuff isn’t even really the biggest sticking point for me here
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:58 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3071, Dannflor wrote: am I being crazy about CCS, RCE? i didn’t see you comment
I don’t think you’re crazy and a lot of their play looks very anti-town. you did make me reconsider if they could just be 3p here, they join my shortlist of furtive/Ari/Norwee for possible slots.

I don’t know if it’s just that Snivy is that kind of player. I recently played as scum against town!Snivy in a game and it took FL hard defending him to not be limbait. So that is also part of my consideration.

I think his claim is plausible. I also don’t think it’s reasonable to expect snivy to know what Blue’s intentions with the role were.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

I’m not expecting snivy to know what Blue’s intentions were
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:00 am

Post by RCEnigma »

The bit about knowing scum had safeclaim names was interesting though. Because I was literally in that game and didn’t remember that.

So I don’t know what to make of it.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:03 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3086, Ranger wrote:
In post 3066, RCEnigma wrote: I wanted to get your take on Ranger sending us in completely different directions of their readslist despite us having the same issues with her slot and pushing the same points.

Idk how I reconcile the same case coming from 2 players but one of their process being townie and the other coming from scum.
Sounds like a question you should be asking me about, not furtiveglance.

If you wanted me to break down the differences between your cases, I could easily do so. The main difference is quite simple; your case is plausibly town and believably genuine (although I'm not convinced; you remain in my scum pool because at times it seems disingenuous/could be faked), whereas furtiveglance's isn’t.

However, your cases on me are largely irrelevant to my reads on your slots.

You, I've struggled to lock as any alignment. I don’t buy any of the towncases for you (
@Dannflor
), yet I also don’t strongly think you're scum. You go back and forth at different times.

When I see more genuine sounding thoughts, I think you more town. Yet, I doubt the sincerity of those genuine-sounding thoughts when faced with takes of yours which look faked. I can’t lock you down as either alignment; you wildly shift between a lock for scum and a slot I think town. I currently believe town more likely, as of this string of posts from you.

In contrast, furtiveglance I’ve caught scumtells from, where I feel he accidentally played his hand, betraying his alignment.

Even if your cases
were
identical (They’re not),
this
would be what separates you from him.

Your play hasn't clearly indicated a scum motive. I believe furtiveglance's play has.
The comparison was myself and dann.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:05 am

Post by RCEnigma »

But while we are on the topic do you have some examples of what you are talking about in regard to furtive? I feel like most of their posting is scum and then they have a town post that kind of throws me. This has happened twice now.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3105, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Was he really caught in a lie? He could be town, think that other people should study according to his rules, and decide to not follow his own rules.
I laid out another theory (that the entire post was his soft) which could explain why he's not following his rules.
but why do you want to give Blue this much benefit of the doubt

like you're inventing your own reachy and unjustified (in the sense of there being no evidence for it) idea that Blue wrote that post specifically as a giant elaborate soft rather than landing on the simplest explanation of Blue/CCS slot is not town.

I do not believe there is any reason to think Blue decided not to follow his own rules, especially when there's not even a plausible explanation of why Blue would think it's pro-town to ignore the rules he himself suggested.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3105, KatyKimFanClub wrote: why would cCS choose numbers like 100 and then 80 (numbers that make sense) when they would later implicate him?
the whole point is that 100 doesn't make sense according to what Blue stated. hence the simplest explanation is that the '100' number was a lie that CCS made up, not realizing that it would implicate his slot
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:18 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3113, RCEnigma wrote: The bit about knowing scum had safeclaim names was interesting though. Because I was literally in that game and didn’t remember that.

So I don’t know what to make of it.
Is that why you or someone else asked about when CCS looked at Datisi's Cafe?
I guess I could have overlooked that. I think I knew from looking at the review thread for the previous game.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think Ranger ignoring the study numbers argument for Blue/CCS being scum is off

there's a tremendously clear reason to think CCS lied that's been explained by three different players multiple times now, and Ranger doesn't have any particular thoughts on it, instead offering a vague ? not buying it.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:21 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3116, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3105, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Was he really caught in a lie? He could be town, think that other people should study according to his rules, and decide to not follow his own rules.
but why do you want to give Blue this much benefit of the doubt

like you're inventing your own reachy and unjustified (in the sense of there being no evidence for it) idea that Blue wrote that post specifically as a giant elaborate soft rather than landing on the simplest explanation of Blue/CCS slot is not town.

I do not believe there is any reason to think Blue decided not to follow his own rules, especially when there's not even a plausible explanation of why Blue would think it's pro-town to ignore the rules he himself suggested.
Yeah, I guess this is the point where it's hard enough to evaluate the probability of each of these things, and people (you, me, anyone else looking at the evidence) kinda just needs to go with their gut.

I think it can be pro-town to say something then do another. Especially as a protective role it could be good to mislead scum.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:22 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

I will concede that I'm probably in a personal blind spot here. I agree that the simplest explanation is that the Blue/cCS spot was lying when compared against the study guide post by Blue. I think it's just a bunch of other stuff I've talked about that makes me wonder things like if the possible lying by cCS could be unintentionally done as town.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3074, furtiveglance wrote: I think it's possible BlueSnakelet acted in a way that didn't line up with his advice to others
if you are town here then I would strongly encourage you to consider the last game we played together where scum!Alisae claimed to be a doc who somehow inexpliecably failed to protect the cop, and you spent a whole lot of time inventing explanations why Alisae might not have been lying thus missing the obvious and true and simple explanation where Alisae was scum.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:26 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 3117, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3105, KatyKimFanClub wrote: why would cCS choose numbers like 100 and then 80 (numbers that make sense) when they would later implicate him?
the whole point is that 100 doesn't make sense according to what Blue stated. hence the simplest explanation is that the '100' number was a lie that CCS made up, not realizing that it would implicate his slot
I see a world where CCS needs to say that he's accumulated 100 TPR after being kind of trigger happy with the idea of claiming earlier in the day.
I'm going to think more about this slot, but just like the accumulation of things I've seen from the slot still make me think town.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:27 am

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

Like one of the things that is stuck in my head is cCS mentioning that he would be on osuka permanently after claiming. That strategy just blatantly doesn't work if osuka is town, and unless there's another protective in the game then it's always a free extra kill. I'm wondering what alignment is prone to saying something like that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”