Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 223, Black wrote:
In post 222, usesPython wrote: Scumhunting wise though I don't think anyone's given off a strong "This dude scum fr fr" vibe yet
Dragon/Gimli/Kittie/Python in the townpool
Comet/VIP get a pass
Black's good enough at scum that we're not catching her d1
Knott's the hard to read aggro type player that can get away with a lot as scum but that's not really scum indicative
Tim isn't really giving off townvibes but that could be due to my eyes glazing over when I see wallposts with no quotes
This feels like my reads list put into words
Regarding VIP, I'm more wary here after he talked about his experience level. I was putting him in the same category as Kittie because I thought they were both fairly new players with the off the wall reads, but I don't think I'm willing to give VIP the same pass as Kittie anymore
Erm... Kittie clearly told us that she was new. I clearly told you that I'd back after 5 years. Knott and I even talked out our common meta. In what universe does it add up to put Kittie and me on the same experience level?
(Kittie, you may find me offensive, but this was no offense. It's more than enough to check the games Knott linked to see how "genius" I in this game can be.)

In post 224, Black wrote: Tim's response to pressure was ok enough to move on for now
VOTE: VIP
Is Chainsaw Defense still a thing?

In post 225, usesPython wrote: VOTE: VIP
Yeah, after putting me on the "can pass", saying that Black was good enough as scum not to get caught on Day1, this deserves a thorough answer from me. Because of its lenght, it's best to format it like this:

Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:33 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 226, Aneninen wrote:
In post 225, usesPython wrote: VOTE: VIP
Yeah, after putting me on the "can pass", saying that Black was good enough as scum not to get caught on Day1, this deserves a thorough answer from me. Because of its lenght, it's best to format it like this:

Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!
Black's also a good enough town player that we're willing to let her cook
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 226, Aneninen wrote: Erm... Kittie clearly told us that she was new. I clearly told you that I'd back after 5 years. Knott and I even talked out our common meta. In what universe does it add up to put Kittie and me on the same experience level?
Your early posts gave me the same vibe as Kittie's where the reads felt genuine but also a little convoluted and wrong. I typically associate that with new town but you clarified you're not new so I need to reevaluate
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:55 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Wow I think I promised a catchup over 36 hours ago (edit: it was "just" 33 hours ago) and still didn't do it properly. Sorry about that, I'm here now.

page 4:

Spoiler:
In post 81, TimmerRC wrote: VIP did a group read on post 59. Most of their thoughts seem fine, I'm personally not willing to label individual posts as townie or scummy yet as I don't know the site meta, but the "things noticed" were indeed things to be noticed.
I didn't fully get this post but whatever.
In post 77, Afrayed Knott wrote: I don’t care if you lean scum on me. I play scummy all the time even when town. Which you’d be surprise to hear that I am. So lean away.
Eh, I guess this could be a towny reaction.
In post 77, Afrayed Knott wrote: FYI everyone - My TZ is GMT plus 4, so I’m playing when the majority of you are asleep, or about to wake up. As far as I can tell anyway..
Do you mainly play in the morning? Because I would assume that if you play in the evening I (UTC+2) and Comet (UTC+1 IIRC) would also be awake, at least.
In post 83, Cometbright wrote: Dragon it's page two lmao this is a pretty wild gambit to be doing this early. I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen you do stuff like this as town before so I'm not reading it scummy as I would have with anyone else, but I doubt Python is going to have a solid position on you this early. Feels strange to do a self-vote play when the cases are nowhere near confident yet.
Okay looking back, I think what I didn't like here is Comet calling it a "gambit" when it wasn't a "gambit" but I think it's mainly a semantics thing rather than Comet actually scumreading it.
In post 87, Cometbright wrote: I do find it interesting that you clearly grasp the idea of using votes to pressure people and then proceed to vote yourself. New scum players do tend to be a little scared of starting any conflicts so plays like that come across as a little people-pleasing and non-confrontational. Who's your biggest scumread right now?
I also don't like this very much because I feel the logic here is flawed. Does Comet actually think that the self vote is scummy? It's super NAI.
However her saying it's scummy is probably not scummy in itself because this doesn't read as Comet shading for a push. I'm not sure what this reads as to be frank.
In post 88, Kittiesecret wrote: I dunno we will have to wait and see :) seems everyone is leaning town on Gimli, but is that what he wants us to think?

Although Python was quick to jump on the bandwagon with a follow up vote.

I know I know I read the newbie game play thingy, and RVS is a thing... buuuuuut Python was very bandwagony following votes, not just against me but others as well. very shifty...

OK that's all I'm going to reveal for now.

UNVOTE: Gimli
VOTE: Python
This is the post that gave me IcetFeelsPain vibes, To those not in the know, IcetFeelsPain was the mafia in my first game on the site, and he had this simultaneously cheeky and meek/noncomittal attitude about reads that I feel Kittie also has. This may very well be just a personality thing, but I think it's something to watch out for.
In post 90, Cometbright wrote: Actually I find that new scum loves to utilise exactly this, asking questions etc. is a great way to appear active in a thread without actually doing any proper reading/content.
This is actually something I strongly agree with.
In post 99, usesPython wrote: Yeah that's intentional, we don't actually care who gets wagoned this early on so we just jump on whatever wagons are happening to make number go up and let the people with actual opinions duke it out until we have something to work with
I don't think scum!Python posts this.

Also I like Knott's page 4 posts.

Conclusion:
Still feel weird about Comet but I wanna see where she's going
Knott feels maybe town
Python feels town
Kittie I suspect

Page 5:

Spoiler:
Okay I get Comet's line of thought behind that readlist maybe?
In post 107, Aneninen wrote: Those posts you mentioned didn't give me the same feeling.
Considering you claim to much more scumreads than the rest, well... don't you think maybe you are missing trs?
In post 107, Aneninen wrote: As for the end of your post, are you usually that cautious?
Nah I'm playing very differently here to how I usually play, and it's a conscious choice.
In post 119, Black wrote: I wanted to make a readslist like the cool kids but I don't have any scumreads yet so it looks weird

Comet

Gimli
Python
VIP
DE70

Timmer
Afrayed
Kittie
Actually in context this feels a bit forced and I'm not sure I like it.

Conclusions:
I like Comet a bit more. I like Black a bit less (but not enough to scumread).
VIP is fine.

Page 6
- I already read it so I'm skipping it.
I will note though that in context Comet looks slightly better.

Page 7:

Gimli looks slightly opportunistic in their approach to Comet's wagon in context. Not enough to cancel my townread but I wanna pay more attention to his slot.

- Kittie calling VIP correct for his shade on her is weird. Like normally I would say it feels brazen and towny to do that, but in this scenario it feels like she's kinda forcing it? Or at least the whole vibe of her posts just doesn't sound like how a confident/brazen town post would sound. And it definitely gives newbscum vibes.
In post 163, Cometbright wrote: Because I have actual reasons to townread Python and Pigeon outside of our amicable truce here. For Python I have been consistently agreeing with their posts and even the ones I don't agree with I think their logic is sound. Pigeon I townread because as mentioned I thought his big post was, although I didn't agree with bits of it, still a genuine effort at content and sparked some good discussion with multiple people.
hmpphh fine.
In post 164, Cometbright wrote: As for why I'm hedging you it's because like I said some of your plays here have been kinda questionable to me - I'm not inherently reading them as scum because I know you do this as town as well but it's weird enough for me to put you in the middle for now and see if you sort yourself further as the game goes on.
This I don't understand because you should know that I do this as town and there's literally no reason to think it's scummy of me - I don't think I've ever done that as scum, ever.
BUT I will admit that you being suspicious of this is not NECESSARILY scummy for you as you could just be a town that's unsure about it.
BLEGH.

Still liking by Python. Also .
In post 173, TimmerRC wrote: Dragon #125, "What do you think about usesPython and Afrayed Knott? And what do you think about Comet?" I'm not loving Afrayed at all, and frankly let's just VOTE: Afrayed while I'm sitting on this vibe. I'll get back to you on the other two in a minute, I'm still getting used to reading a game that moves like this, keeping organized is an effing challenge, lol.
Can you please explain what don't you like about them?

I like by Timmer even though it could be faked.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:28 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

page 8:

In post 176, Kittiesecret wrote: From my post, Python and Gimli seem to have a little something going on. feels like more than "we have played together vibes."
This is a weird read to me. Can you please explain it?
In post 176, Kittiesecret wrote: but also... comet seems to be overly helpful with all their reads... VIP also seems to be concerned with being read as town. both have lots to say with out saying much just lots of round and round about the same players.
I can see the Comet thing, can you point me to where VIP does that though?

by Gimli is a good post. If Gimli is scum here, he has exceptional thread awareness as scum. Either way he deserves some town points for this post.

- Hey, look! My last engagement with the game. Hiiiiiii I'm back!

Meh I don't really enjoy reading Knott's posts here. I think he should be town but I don't feel like I want to bother reading his posts.
In post 190, Afrayed Knott wrote: You seem very absorbed in this campaign, and its pretty repetitive. Of course the worst thing I could possibly do is defend Gimli, but I'm not, as I have no idea about him, other than in the last game I played with him, which is ongoing so I can't really go there at the moment. Then of course if I say anything to refute your comments you could turn that around and say, "see defensive". But its strange that only after 4 posts you feel I am being defensive. Maybe ask yourself why that might be, maybe it might be based on what I have said previously. Anyway, don't want to hang around trying to divert this attention away from me and towards others, as I can see what it is doing now. I am just playing into scums hands. and it doesn't help town at all. So that's where I am now.
Who is the scum into whose hands are you playing? I didn't fully understand this.
In post 193, Aneninen wrote: Also, I can't see Gimli trying to make us believe that he's town.
This I strongly agree with.
In post 193, Aneninen wrote: Can anyone tell me whether Kittie's playing in this way all the time?
Huh? That's her first game.
In post 194, Aneninen wrote: Gimli, 177 - Wellshirt, you're not the only one without scumreads here
Explain?

- VIP, I am not sure why but I can't decipher this post. Could you please explain to me what you mean here?

Conclusion (for Pages 7-8):
VIP, Knott and Gimli pretty towny
Timmer has slight towniness
Python is towny
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I'm really tired so I'll read Page 9 tomorrow, but here are my current reads:

Gimli
VIP
Knott
Python

Black
Timmer
Comet

Kittie

VOTE: Kittie

(Oh no this is my first triple post this game :()
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:39 am

Post by usesPython »

Hey DE how much of Normal Idea Mafia did you read when you replaced in that game?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:47 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 232, usesPython wrote: Hey DE how much of Normal Idea Mafia did you read when you replaced in that game?
actually how much of it have you read in general
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:44 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Why you asking?

I'll answer anyway
Spoiler:
When I replaced, not a lot.

I read as much as I could which basically adds up to a summary of the claims, the start (page and a half maybe?) of Day 2 (or Day 3? - the one where the mafioso was voted out and Bianco was the first person to vote them), a bit of the day STD was voted out, and most of the VCs from Day 1 but zero actual content from it.

And obviously I read everything that happened after I repped in.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:49 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 234, DragonEater70 wrote: Why you asking?

I'll answer anyway
Spoiler:
When I replaced, not a lot.

I read as much as I could which basically adds up to a summary of the claims, the start (page and a half maybe?) of Day 2 (or Day 3? - the one where the mafioso was voted out and Bianco was the first person to vote them), a bit of the day STD was voted out, and most of the VCs from Day 1 but zero actual content from it.

And obviously I read everything that happened after I repped in.
In post 229, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 99, usesPython wrote: Yeah that's intentional, we don't actually care who gets wagoned this early on so we just jump on whatever wagons are happening to make number go up and let the people with actual opinions duke it out until we have something to work with
I don't think scum!Python posts this.
In post 65, usesPython from Open 880 Notes PT wrote:
In post 64, usesPython wrote: Being universally townread while basically openwolfing is pretty funny
Python: "yeah our cases are there exclusively to be townread"

Everyone else: "damn this dude town as hell"
I was gonna point out that we absolutely would openwolf like that and that we did and noted it day 1 that game but if you didn't read it then nvm
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by usesPython »

No wait you read our Notes PT that game you should have seen our comment on that
In post 2042, DragonEater70 in Open 880 wrote:
Quoting these so that I will read them when I have time
In post 180, DragonEater70 in Open 880 usesPython Notes PT wrote:
In post 1, usesPython wrote: Table of Contents
I'm impressed by you having a table of contents for a notes PT
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by fferyllt »

V1.3

Slavic Fairies

In Slavic mythology there were many different types of fairies. They were considered demons, but not necessarily malign. Spring fairies were similar to Greco-Roman Naiades. Ship fairies protected ships and boats. Hill fairies lived in trees, cloud fairies lived in clouds and rain, and plant fairies lived as you'd expect. The most important way of classifying these sprites were "good" and "bad". In early Slavic folklore, fairies were described as magical creatures who appeared in groups of 3s to 9s, and didn't have individual names.

Kittiesecret (3):
Gimli, Aneninen, DragonEater70
usesPython (2):
Kittiesecret, Afrayed Knott
Aneninen (2):
Black, usesPython
TimmerRC (1):
Cometbright
Afraid Knott (1):
TimmerRC,

Not Voting (0):
No One

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to eliminate

Deadline: October 15, Midnight US Eastern Time. Please note this falls on a Saturday and plan accordingly.

countdown: (expired on 2023-10-14 23:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Please let me know if you see any problems with the vote counts
  • Afrayed Knott is v/la until October 8
  • :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

Going to work to catch up on this tomorrow, sorry, long day of work and Canadian thanksgiving.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:24 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 236, usesPython wrote: No wait you read our Notes PT that game you should have seen our comment on that
In post 2042, DragonEater70 in Open 880 wrote:
Quoting these so that I will read them when I have time
In post 180, DragonEater70 in Open 880 usesPython Notes PT wrote:
In post 1, usesPython wrote: Table of Contents
I'm impressed by you having a table of contents for a notes PT
Yes, I did read a bit from your PT - that's where I took the term react YouTuber from, lol. But I don't really understand why is that important. Do you think it's alignment indicative for me to have missed something you said?
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:02 am

Post by Cometbright »

Hello! Back home - a little exhausted from shepherding about ten drunk people around the place but I'll set aside some time for today.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:08 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 229, DragonEater70 wrote: This I don't understand because you should know that I do this as town and there's literally no reason to think it's scummy of me - I don't think I've ever done that as scum, ever.
I know you do it as town, but why does that make a play I would normally attribute to scum/scum-aligned no longer scummy? It's not a full one-on-one comparison but lets say someone has a habit of fake-claiming and they do this as town too - if it later came to light that they fakeclaimed in a game then you'd still be justified seeing it as scummy, no? I've only seen one scumgame of you (and it was a late-game replacement, if I remember right?) so that's not really enough of a sample-size for me to know it's something you wouldn't do as scum.

Like, I have taken that you do it as town into account - that's why I left you in the middle of my readlist as opposed to lower down.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:14 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 239, DragonEater70 wrote: Yes, I did read a bit from your PT - that's where I took the term react YouTuber from, lol. But I don't really understand why is that important. Do you think it's alignment indicative for me to have missed something you said?
Nah I don't think forgetting is alignment indicative, we were mostly just posting that to see if you'd react with anything that isn't "I forgor :skull:"
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:16 am

Post by Cometbright »

Hmmm... this is a weirdly passive day 1. There's been some stuff slung about but nothing that's really stuck or held for long, I'm kinda tempted for everyone to share their current elimination pools (list of people you'd be okay with executing today) and seeing if we can establish some common block here just so we can prompt some more pointed poking here and narrow the focus further. Thoughts?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:48 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 241, Cometbright wrote: I know you do it as town, but why does that make a play I would normally attribute to scum/scum-aligned no longer scummy?
Because of context

For example, some people might consider being quiet/meek in larger Avalon games towny (because you have less of an agenda and are uninformed and therefore sometimes don't really have anything to say). But if a person is quiet over and over again as scum, I won't think it's towny for them to be quiet.

Other people think that basing your reads on nitpicking and weak reasoning is scummy. But if a player constantly does it as town, then you shouldn't say "oh well I guess I should suspect him
less
because it's him", you should say "oh, he's just doing his usual thing, I shouldn't care about that unless I see something
else
scummy he does".
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:06 am

Post by Cometbright »

I'm not sure I'm wrapping my head around what we're discussing Dragon. What's the point of contention? My post #83 where I said the thing you did was, from my opinion, scummy but not as much in your case because I know you do it as town?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:09 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm kinda zoned out of this game and don't remember anything anymore sorry

I think this is a gamestate in which town loses the majority of the time btw
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:13 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 246, Gimli wrote: I think this is a gamestate in which town loses the majority of the time btw
I've got a short set of notes I have written up to help me keep track of things and this was something I added (albeit in different wording) when I got back and read over the thread an hour ago lmao
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:14 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 243, Cometbright wrote: I'm kinda tempted for everyone to share their current elimination pools (list of people you'd be okay with executing today) and seeing if we can establish some common block here just so we can prompt some more pointed poking here and narrow the focus further. Thoughts?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Gimli »

yes let me think about this

I have you and DE as townies, let's hope I'm right.

7 players to parse through, clear 3 for the win

(checks the playerlist)

Im pretty sure I'm just gonna be null on everyone but I'm doing ISOs now I guess.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”