Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:42 am

Post by Cometbright »

I actually missed the Anen posts regarding Knott, my bad - I'll respond to the pertinent bits.
In post 489, Aneninen wrote: So, Comet, does this mean that it wasn't only me whom that question had given bad vibes?
Yep. Not a strong point or anything but it gave me vibes of someone overly concerned with how they were being read and was the proverbial last straw for me to hop wagons.
In post 489, Aneninen wrote: There were about 13 minutes difference between Knott's #394 and #395, but only 3 minutes between #388 and #394. So he pre-wrote all the posts but not the conclusion? I don't think this is informative in itself. Is there anything I miss regarding this topic?
I think my reasoning at the time was that since #388-#394 were all put up as they were written it makes sense for them to be super clumped together whereas #395 was the post that in my head had subsequent alterations made to it (voting for VIP) so it would make sense for it to have a delay from the others.

But then would there really be that extended gap just to add in a vote without the explanation for it? Maybe if he was reading over the thread or even scum pt to discuss shifting wagons onto VIP...? I'm not entirely sold on this point. I feel like there's still something here about timeframes that I need to figure out but I acknowledge it's not really a strong or grounded point at this moment.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Cometbright »

In post 496, Black wrote: Alright alright I'll get up. I lost my job yesterday so I'm just slightly depressed
Oh Black I'm really sorry to hear this :(

I hope you're taking care of yourself.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 am

Post by Cometbright »

I feel like the Kittie Gimli push is scumreading Gimli's post/'narrative' style as opposed to actual scum behaviour. Yeah he's flip-flopped a lot but afaik there's always been stuff happening in between the flip-flops (e.g. going from 'I'm on board with a comet wagon' to 'rescind liking the comet wagon' when there was a response by me to Dragon's push in between said posts) so I can't say I've seen any of them as particularly scummy. A quick glance at the Python case doesn't reveal anything I find too concerning either.

Still, it's nice to see scumhunting content from you Kittie.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by Cometbright »

In post 540, DragonEater70 wrote: Wow I LOVE kittie's case on Gimli. kittie has really won me over as being town.
This is interesting to me because I felt like a lot of Kittie's case on Gimli was to do with him flip-flopping/backpeddling with his wagons and votes then immediately afterwards...
In post 540, DragonEater70 wrote: I disagree with this, this is how town players often play. If you look at my own play for instance, I went from townreading to scumreading to townreading Comet a bunch. It is entirely believable that Python would vote Gimli (in RVS!) and then think he's townie.
You pointed out that doing exactly that is something town players do. Not saying this is scummy but can you explain which bits of Kittie's Gimli case you liked? I might've missed something on my end.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by Cometbright »

In post 543, TimmerRC wrote: Quick follow up to my earlier post about being overwhelmed... I had signed up for this thinking it was in a way a newbie game, which to my mind meant it would be a bit more low key, is.... this... what is considered simple and straightforward on this site, lol?

Like, the level of posting and the sheer amount of words in what is essentially nothing? Is this a quieter game by the site's standards?
I think this Day 1 is shaping up to be longer than the other newbie Day 1's I've been in. I think the sweet spot is usually somewhere in between like 20-25 pages? Just as an explanation it might seem weird that there's this much discussion on day 1 despite there being no 'hard facts' but a lot of day 1 is going to be establishing the groundwork, a person's playstyle, activity, behaviour and interactions with other players which can then be read over and examined later when we have actual hard information to work with. E.g. if a scum flips we can look through their earlier posting to try and establish their partner/people they were pushing and if it a town flips we can look through their posts with 100% guarantee that their analysis was done with a townie outlook to hunt scum.
Cometbright
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Cometbright
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Cometbright »

Alright I should have gone to bed a while ago - sorry for the compressed and slightly disorganised posting - it was a busy day today! If I missed anything then holler at me and I'll respond tomorrow. Night all.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:35 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 549, Cometbright wrote: I'm probably going to drop it for now though because I feel like my last 10 posts on the matter have just been me repeating and rephrasing myself and there doesn't seem to be much support for it right now. I wish I could see the strong town vibes from Knott's posts that others seem to see - I'm just not getting it.

Moving onto the Timmer wagon that follows, arghhhhh... Timmer's still in my limpool but at the same time there's this vibe with him that he's the classic newbie!town who gets executed day 1 for not conforming/fitting into the gameplay as well as others. Yeah he's not posted much and when he does post there's not much to it so for that alone I don't think a lim on him is *awful* but... I dunno. I think if it comes to like the final three days and we're settling on a lim I'd be okay with it but I don't think he's scummy enough for me to be actively pushing at this point.

Now Timmer if you could post more and give me a reason to either more firmly townread you or scumread you, then that'd be awesome.
That's the plan, I'm going to work on the game this evening after work !
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:56 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm lock clearing comet
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:57 pm

Post by Gimli »

comet I want you to know I'm sheeping you, whoever you think is mafia I trust your insticts with it

I don't think I can find them
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Black »

In post 557, Gimli wrote: I'm lock clearing comet
I did it before it was cool
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

I still haven't caught up, and I am not sure when I will have time to fully catch up (I do intend to do ot as soon as I can), but I skimmed Comet's posts from this page and 2 things:

1. Regarding kittie/Giml: Yes, that's true that town changes their opinions, however I don't see how this should affect my read on kittie? I just liked the thought process and critical thinking there, and Idk if I'm actually scum reading Gimli based off that.

2. I think you are wrong on Timmer being "classic newbtown". Unfortunately I am phone posting and tired so you don't get links, but please go check patchwork's and OMIGRON's ISO's in newbie 2112 or even Comet's, and compare to Timmer's ISO here.
Then have a look at elpis's ISO in newbie 2114 (elpis was scum) and also compare it to Timmer here. Please tell me which ISO Timmer feels most similar to.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

Okay, so my bread and butter when we are in an early part of the game is looking for inconsistency in people's gameplay, especially surrounding votes and timing of votes. Normally by now I' be in day 3 or so and I've had a lot more to work with but I'm adapting!

So looking at the votes so far in the game, I'm curious to ask about a few shifts in patterns.

@python, you were vote-crazy in the early stage of the game, 10 of the first 31 votes were from you, 32% of them. And you were placing votes consistently through your posts, never making more than 9 posts between voting changes. But then you pulled back from voting, it seems.

From the moment you voted VIP (for real, not the hammer gambit), you made 30 posts in the game before moving your vote to me, and since that point you've made 15 posts without moving it again. And only one of the last 20 votes (5%) in the game was from you.

Are you moving away from RVS?

@Dragon, you are a different story.

You weren't quite as vote-crazy early on, making only 4 of the first 31 votes (12.5%), but you've made 8 of the last 20 in the game (40%).

In fact in those 20 votes, no one else has made more than 2. And of those 8 votes, 7 of 8 were votes for people who already had votes against them. Please double check this, but:
- you voted Kittie when VIP's vote was on them,
- VIP when black and python were on them,
- back to kittie, same scenario,
- on Black, a vote that i think was the only one on him but it lasted only one post of yours, and then...
- on yourself(!) when VIP was on you,
- then Gimli when Knott and Python were,
- Knott when Comet and I were on them,
- on me when Knott and Python were on me...

From what I can see your only vote in that streak that was an original vote was your vote for Black, and you changed that vote in your very next post, self-voting instead.

So my question for you is why are you making so many votes than everyone else in this stage of the game, but only 1 of them is an "original" vote that wasn't following an established lead, and that lasted all of 1 post of yours?

Since we use votes to show where we're at, i'll VOTE: Dragon
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 560, DragonEater70 wrote: I still haven't caught up, and I am not sure when I will have time to fully catch up (I do intend to do ot as soon as I can),
Considering that i just found that you are basically voting more than the rest of the game combined right now, I would say that you are posting a ton and know very well where the game is at? You are def my top scumread at the moment.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:25 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

That'll do it for me for this evening, that was an hour and a half of studying vote patterns and my eyes are falling out, goodnight!
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Not feeling very hot right now, coming down with manful. So my posts maybe 1. Erratic, 2. With little thought and 3. short

Ok, just for my fandom, I have spent the last 1 hour reading the posts since I last posted and these are my response
You're Scummy! I'm Afrayed Knott..
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Does no one else find this passage of interaction strange?

then again here to .

almost like, "Hey your wagon is rolling we need to deflect it away, so this is what is going to happen" or am I being paranoid?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:32 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

I Like Kitties reappearance, which is unnerving as it to me seems full of good observation, but I will reread it as I see others pulling it apart. Meh now my lim list has an issue.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

@
Black
- I didn’t vote for Commet as there was nothing moving on her, and then one of my other lim listers stared to role so I jumped on it. I voted for VIP to put a little pressure on as the game was IS going slowly. Nothing but big walls and lurkers, until now. seems the lurkers have awoken
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

Meh I have to agree with Gimli at 514
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 517, Aneninen wrote: Two quick votes for the same player close to each other. The same happened in 395 and 400. Knott first, Dragon next.

did it, I wasn’t conscious of it, Dragon is sheeping my votes? Hmmmmm
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 539, DragonEater70 wrote: Honestly my eyes are glazing over when I try to read VIP's 1v1 with Knott. Does it even have a point?
maybe, maybe knot, but I see your point. it's getting tiresome for me. that's why I am trying to shift
focus, but he keeps pecking away
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 548, Cometbright wrote: I'm not entirely sure what this is saying. Yes, town!Comet would react this way but also scum!Comet would react this way too potentially so picking up on a mistake and pushing it is scummy? I'm not saying that scum!Comet could not also point out a mistake you've made and push you over it - I'm saying that the act itself of pointing out you've done something that looks scummy and pushing you over it is not something you can really say is 'scummy behaviour' given you've also acknowledged that it's understandable why it would seem that way (if I've interpreted your posts right?)
about so yes
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 548, Cometbright wrote: Think it through logically. The further a game goes on, the less room there is for mistakes/misexecutes. Tactically speaking you do not want people you have a lot of trouble reading to be there in the final three because you're going to be in a lot of trouble as you'll have to now try and read them to judge if they're town or scum and getting it wrong is game over. I'm not saying you being a hard real is the sole reason for me wanting a lim on you since that'd be pretty weak reasoning, but if I have a set of people I feel I'm more able to read/get a grasp of then yeah there is incentive for me to want to keep those people around as opposed to people I cannot read, right?
Yeah I get it, when I asked what POE was….

quote tag fixed ~f
Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

ah shoot I screwed my quoting. @Mod can you fix that for me?
Afrayed Knott
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Afrayed Knott
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by Afrayed Knott »

In post 548, Cometbright wrote: I know it might seem like I'm leaning in too hard here but the last game I was in I found scum day 1 in a similar manner where I pushed them as part of a group involved in something scummy and their subsequent reaction and attempts to push back and accuse me of being scummy in return felt so ingenuine and weird that I kept it up and sure enough following a roleclaim fiasco they were exposed as scum. I suppose in a way you're giving me similar vibes.
but I didn't push back on you, I instigated the feel. You had virtually ignored me until I put you on my Lim list, as far as I can recall that is

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”