pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:53 am

Post by pisskop »

telling me hes a traitor and telling randoscum hes a traitor is essentially the same thing. its the actions that matter, why would gob faking a cop guilty or even joking about a cop guilty on me affect that, ss?

seems unnecessary narrow and completely dodges the performative nature of it
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:55 am

Post by pisskop »

P: the action is intended to inform people by its irregularity, and it needednt even be a single motion but could be one in a series
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:56 am

Post by pisskop »

How would a theoretical traitor!psyche let his partners know he was a traitor, psyche? what signal types do you use?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:03 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 902, pisskop wrote: How would a theoretical traitor!psyche let his partners know he was a traitor, psyche? what signal types do you use?
You…talk…to them…
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:11 am

Post by pisskop »

So how is gob claiming cop with a fakeclaim with a conviction somewhere between a joke and a farce more contextually relevant to my slot as SS said
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:11 am

Post by Psyche »

the logic seems to allow any "irregularity" itt to be interpretable as a traitor trying to clue in their allies
You can't step in the same river twice.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:13 am

Post by pisskop »

I think fakeclaining out the gate day1 and then faking a guilty out the gate day2 is a little more pronounced than 'any old irregularity'
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:15 am

Post by pisskop »

it's repeated at regular intervals , intentional, and it's eye catching while typically being dismissed as nai or only slightly off skew for anyone uninformed
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:16 am

Post by pisskop »

essentially its exactly a signal. a sort of 'dog whistle' to steal the term
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:18 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 902, pisskop wrote: How would a theoretical traitor!psyche let his partners know he was a traitor, psyche? what signal types do you use?
feel the only way a traitor could do that is by acting scummy and then hoping only scum notices it's scummy. generally self-defeating w/o extra information. and also hard to distinguish from scumminess in general.

i guess your idea is that a traitor will look scummy, but almost like they're being scummy on purpose? kind of like a jester tell but without the commitment?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:22 am

Post by Psyche »

ok sure

it's around as speculative as my overwrought interpretation of this day's opening posts imo but not totally off the wall
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:23 am

Post by pisskop »

is big if true though
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:31 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 900, pisskop wrote: telling me hes a traitor and telling randoscum hes a traitor is essentially the same thing. its the actions that matter, why would gob faking a cop guilty or even joking about a cop guilty on me affect that, ss?
My understanding is that, at least in theory, a traitor signal should tell a specific person that you know they're scum, in a way that uninformed townies wouldn't pick up on. Not just broadcast to the whole game. Maybe that's not how traitors play in practice; I don't know, and gob is from another site so all bets are off probably.

My other point still stands though that it's a mechanical blunder to target someone specifically because you think they're traitor. In the best case (unless they're randomly groupscum) you've barely advanced the town wincon, and in the worst case you've killed a townie and gained no info.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:32 am

Post by pisskop »

Thats a leap to make from a pressure vote
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:47 am

Post by gob »

In post 895, Black wrote:
In post 711, gob wrote: I don't think it's Roden.
In post 879, gob wrote:
In post 877, Black wrote: @gob why do you townread Roden?
I'm not townreading Roden, but I think they get scumread early because of their avatar.
Can you elaborate why you don't think Roden is scum and why you don't consider that stance a townread?
I was saying that to get people to look elsewhere
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:34 am

Post by Black »

VOTE: gob
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:35 am

Post by pisskop »

can i ask why, at the risk of you repeating something you may have said and I glazed over
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:37 am

Post by Black »

I think gob has been scummy and I think the Cop claim could indicate he's Informed

I'd be ok with a Roden fade too
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Psyche »

I really hate fakeclaiming. Seems particular harmful to fakeclaim cop in a setup like this. What would gob have done if someone had CC'd him? Say "woops sry" and go on w/o any shame? But otoh it's hard to see mafia doing something that irresponsible either, even accounting for the traitor tell rationale.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:45 am

Post by pisskop »

gob is somewhat fast and loose as a playstyle
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:21 am

Post by gob »

In post 918, Psyche wrote: I really hate fakeclaiming. Seems particular harmful to fakeclaim cop in a setup like this. What would gob have done if someone had CC'd him? Say "woops sry" and go on w/o any shame? But otoh it's hard to see mafia doing something that irresponsible either, even accounting for the traitor tell rationale.
If the real cop did that then they would be bad. Not on me.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:23 am

Post by gob »

In post 916, pisskop wrote: can i ask why, at the risk of you repeating something you may have said and I glazed over
You talking to me here?

Anyway pisskop if you are town then who is the mafia here?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Alisae »

I don't think it's gob guys
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:02 pm

Post by pisskop »

kinda agree.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by gob »

I don't like Alisae or Pisskop here.