Open 889 | Secrets of the Anuket Topaz | fin.

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by gob »

In post 4519, Prism wrote: On the real though, between the two it looked like you were leaning jjh.

I think T3's posting around Fire was bizarre and perhaps forced distancing yesterday, but I think Fire's vote is a bit +town and I'm a bit confused as to why T3 leaves over Fire unless they both expected me to harddefend the slot.

I think Fire leaving makes a lot of sense if jjh is the one intended to go deep. The biggest + here for jjh is a combination of his and camel's reciprocal pushes on each other Day 2. I also want to credit stalling out Day 2 for partner interactions a little bit, too, even though that's sketchy.

I'd lean jjh right now but it's a close call for me, at least, if you have any thoughts.
I don't really think T3 leaves over Fire. Fire was getting more heat at EoD than T3. T3 has been not scumread a lot throughout the game. I wasnt scumreading them, you werent scumreading them, I don't think Shirou was (iirc wasnt T3 SRing Shirou at one point?).

T3 hammered Andres after Firebringer. If T3 was partners with Fire, then T3 would have incentive to end the day at that time since Fire was getting heat. I am not really sure about their interactions at EoD. You'll have to show me those. I may be imagining things but I feel like Fire and JJH had weird interactions.

With all that said, JJH was off wagon. I find it more likely that the mafia is off wagon. Since if imaginality is town, which it is looking like they are, then it was a TvT wagon scenario and the mafia were probably hedging their bets between the two. I don't really know why T3 would implicate himself so heavily by voting right after Fire.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Prism »

jjh, the triple ISO has swooped down like an angel. The conversations with Titus are like being stuck in an infinite townpoint loop in a pinball machine.
In post 2719, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2072, camelCasedSnivy wrote: speaking of which, {jjh927, std, andres, imaginality} are in my poe, i could compromise on {T3, Prism} but i dont think we'll get there
Yeah one of T3 and Prism is definitely scum here
I forgot about this. Do you have any thoughts on it?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 4525, gob wrote: I don't really think T3 leaves over Fire. Fire was getting more heat at EoD than T3. T3 has been not scumread a lot throughout the game. I wasnt scumreading them, you werent scumreading them, I don't think Shirou was (iirc wasnt T3 SRing Shirou at one point?).

T3 hammered Andres after Firebringer. If T3 was partners with Fire, then T3 would have incentive to end the day at that time since Fire was getting heat. I am not really sure about their interactions at EoD. You'll have to show me those. I may be imagining things but I feel like Fire and JJH had weird interactions.

With all that said, JJH was off wagon. I find it more likely that the mafia is off wagon. Since if imaginality is town, which it is looking like they are, then it was a TvT wagon scenario and the mafia were probably hedging their bets between the two. I don't really know why T3 would implicate himself so heavily by voting right after Fire.
Shirou was scumreading T3 at the end of day and was the one who started the T3 wagon to begin with. You had some heat on the Fire slot, but most of it was from T3 and Shirou. Obviously Fire doesn't have to worry about those if he's scum with T3 and kills Shirou.

I'm definitely not voting tonight and will think more deeply on things in the morning, though it will be tough since I have class and then a meeting with a friend. I will absolutely not miss deadline at any rate.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by gob »

In post 4526, Prism wrote: jjh, the triple ISO has swooped down like an angel. The conversations with Titus are like being stuck in an infinite townpoint loop in a pinball machine.
In post 2719, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2072, camelCasedSnivy wrote: speaking of which, {jjh927, std, andres, imaginality} are in my poe, i could compromise on {T3, Prism} but i dont think we'll get there
Yeah one of T3 and Prism is definitely scum here
I forgot about this. Do you have any thoughts on it?
camel is scumreading jjh. JJH is placed first in the reads list too. I'm not going to but you could probably look back at camel's scum games and see where he places his scummates in his PoEs.

If T3 was scum here, then camel and Fire would be setting T3 up to leave first and to get towncred... idk maybe a plan that they gave up on.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Prism »

I've read so much that I've truly lost my mind. That 1200 posts was a journey. I went from jjh scum to jjh town to back again.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Prism »

prism brain tied up in little knot
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:02 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4508, Prism wrote: Very bad post
How
In post 4508, Prism wrote: I don't get this one. You instantly went from two scumreads to two others.
Your quotes of the progression I show between 4032 and 4071 misses this post:
In post 4062, T3 wrote: tbh reading Shirou's ISO I did see some towny stuff though.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4508, Prism wrote: You instantly went from two scumreads to two others.
Also, iirc in I arrived at Shirou/imaginality scum by joint-ISO'ing imaginality and Shirou - admittedly I was a bit tunneled on Shirou and I guess I almost 'wanted' him to be scum.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 4528, gob wrote: If T3 was scum here, then camel and Fire would be setting T3 up to leave first and to get towncred
FWIW I've been playing decently as scum recently, save for that Micro Normal in May that I coasted through.

In Frog Images I was universally townread but lost due to completely incorrect PR reads and deadweight teammates.

In DEFCON I was widely townread, albeit because my reads were incredibly absurd and I struggled to make real content and people saw that as towny. I could have endgamed 25% of the time had my scumpartner not dayvigged me for the lulz.

In Booneytoonz I was universally townread, controlled the entire game from start to finish, led a mislim every day, and reacted to pressure very well.

Booneytoonz was going on at the same time as this game, and I was on the high of playing a very good scumgame and effortlessly making content. I know that I would trust myself to endgame far more than I would trust camel.
gob
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
gob
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by gob »

I wasn't in those games so doesn't really matter to me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by Prism »

I've worked myself into a knot and I can't untie it when I'm tired unfortunately.

As things are I'd still vote jjh, which hurts because I do see some reasons for every other slot too.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm bad at going to bed.
In post 2779, T3 wrote:
In post 2767, Save The Dragons wrote: i thought people were like "scum would never bus in this game" what happened to that
didn't we literally say that scum bussing is a good strategy earlier
In post 2781, T3 wrote: VOTE: Firebringer

I'm gonna go here for now
If T3 is scum these posts being 30 seconds apart is so funny
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:15 pm

Post by Prism »

I've had fun today. I've really tried my best, and I'm annoyed that it still isn't enough and that every answer feels wrong, but it's fun to hit my limits.

This game is so far out past jjh's previous scumgames that it's crazy. I think it's slightly out of T3's, but not by much. I still think Dragons sandbags but he's sold me. I'm pretty sold on imaginality through the voting records.

Thank you for the great game, everyone.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4536, Prism wrote: I'm bad at going to bed.
In post 2779, T3 wrote:
In post 2767, Save The Dragons wrote: i thought people were like "scum would never bus in this game" what happened to that
didn't we literally say that scum bussing is a good strategy earlier
In post 2781, T3 wrote: VOTE: Firebringer

I'm gonna go here for now
If T3 is scum these posts being 30 seconds apart is so funny

There's actually one of those this phase too
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:24 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Oops I posted in your quote
Oh well

But yeah
In post 4341, T3 wrote:
In post 4339, imaginality wrote: scum T3 probably doesn't want to townread Ydrasse today.
Yeah, probably not. Maybe I'd wait to see what Prism does too.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:51 am

Post by imaginality »

Interested to hear other's thoughts on jjh's response to the votecount on page 177.

I have a bit of a hard time imagining a townie at E-1 as jjh was, on an elo day, calmly continuing a conversation with Prism (, , ) rather than, at the very least, commenting on it or reacting in some way?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:03 am

Post by Prism »

My voting preference right now would be jjh -> imaginality -> T3 -> Dragons. I'll be back to talk after 1 or 2ish EST.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:05 am

Post by Prism »

In post 4539, jjh927 wrote: Oops I posted in your quote
Oh well

But yeah
In post 4341, T3 wrote:
In post 4339, imaginality wrote: scum T3 probably doesn't want to townread Ydrasse today.
Yeah, probably not. Maybe I'd wait to see what Prism does too.
T3 was actually the first mover on a Ydrasse townread. He did a big meta wall.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:06 am

Post by Prism »

In post 4540, imaginality wrote: Interested to hear other's thoughts on jjh's response to the votecount on page 177.

I have a bit of a hard time imagining a townie at E-1 as jjh was, on an elo day, calmly continuing a conversation with Prism (, , ) rather than, at the very least, commenting on it or reacting in some way?
I wasn't too fazed by that one, though the "it's out of my hands" later was strange to me. I also wondered if he knew it was E-1 before the VC and intentionally didn't point out the clears.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:42 am

Post by Prism »

These two VCs haunted me all night.
In post 2300, Dannflor wrote: VC 2.5

imaginality [4]:Titus, Save The Dragons, gob, Prism
camelCasedSnivy
[2]:
jjh927
Firebringer

Titus [1]: imaginality
Shirou [1]: Andresvmb
jjh927
[1]:
camelCasedSnivy

Not Voting [3]:Shirou, Ydrasse, T3
In post 2714, Dannflor wrote: VC 2.8
Titus [7]: imaginality, Ydrasse, Prism, T3,
jjh927
Firebringer
camelCasedSnivy

imaginality [4]: Titus, Save The Dragons, gob, Shirou
gob [1]: Andresvmb
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:42 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4540, imaginality wrote: Interested to hear other's thoughts on jjh's response to the votecount on page 177.

Why is that hard to believe, and why do you think it's alignment indicative in any way?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

I hadn't actually looked at the VC until Prism drew attention to it

By the time he had, he and Ydrasse were confirmed town

I'm relatively happy knowing that the two outcomes here are that either Prism figures out I'm just town here or he doesn't and we lose
It's possible we lose anyway because knowing my alignment does not make this game any easier
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:47 am

Post by Prism »

I mean help us out here. What silver bullet are we missing about your alignment? I had several in mind for me that I was ready to point to if the time came.

You suggested earlier that Fire was intentionally distracting you. I didn't see that, but maybe it's there. Are we not giving enough weight to the circumstances around your camel push and camel's initial push on you Day 2, or some other interactions between you and Firebringer?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:55 am

Post by Prism »

You speculated earlier that the issue was that you weren't skeptical enough of me. While I did expect some initially, that wasn't the sticking point. It got worse as time went on because it seemed to me like you were intentionally subverting my expectations with the aim that I'd townread that in and of itself.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:11 am

Post by jjh927 »

Fire straight up went to talk about anime half the time I was gonna bounce reads with him from my personal recollection

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”