Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Black »

In post 748, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: Hmmm...
Yeah I meant to say townread
In post 748, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: I feel this game is kinda going nowhere. Like most Day 1's, there are a bunch of viable wagons. Here I feel most wagons are like dead inside and no one really feels like they are being pressured, and also no wagon is especially attractive to me. So I think doing something different might be a good idea, regardless of whether that something different is an amazing strategy or just a meh strategy like mine.
Why is the Celebloki wagon not attractive to you?
In post 748, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: What kind of agenda do you think this has? My only agenda is to actually get a serious wagon going on someone who is not consensus town so that reactions and reads happen, and more importantly, we get a flip and can start analyzing stuff.
Why do you not consider Celebloki a serious wagon? This doesn't really feel like a valid reason to push for everyone to list off their townreads
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 561, Hu Tao wrote: Playerlist:
Gamma Emerald
Celebloki
Naerys
Guillotina
Keyleth
TimmerRC
Elements

Posting this for myself to look up later. List of people I have suspicions on for one reason or another.
Towny
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:50 am

Post by Elements »

In post 753, Dunnstral wrote:
Gamma Emerald
Celebloki
Naerys
Guillotina
Keyleth
TimmerRC
Elements

Posting this for myself to look up later. List of people I have suspicions on for one reason or another.
Towny
Really?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Broccoli Quest 2 »

In post 752, Black wrote:
In post 748, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: Hmmm...
Yeah I meant to say townread
In post 748, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: I feel this game is kinda going nowhere. Like most Day 1's, there are a bunch of viable wagons. Here I feel most wagons are like dead inside and no one really feels like they are being pressured, and also no wagon is especially attractive to me. So I think doing something different might be a good idea, regardless of whether that something different is an amazing strategy or just a meh strategy like mine.
Why is the Celebloki wagon not attractive to you?
In post 748, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote: What kind of agenda do you think this has? My only agenda is to actually get a serious wagon going on someone who is not consensus town so that reactions and reads happen, and more importantly, we get a flip and can start analyzing stuff.
Why do you not consider Celebloki a serious wagon? This doesn't really feel like a valid reason to push for everyone to list off their townreads
It's not attractive because I think pushing someone for their RVS votes this late into Day 1 is absurd in the extreme.

I am still voting Celebloki because he's by no means a townread of mine, and technically voting him could be an expected result of following my proposed strategy anyway.

Still, I would love to vote someone else because it doesn't feel like we're going to get much reactions/associations out of this wagon.
Even my signature is green :)
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:00 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 719, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
I would like to propose a plan:

Every person list 2-4 people they are sure are town with higher than 90% certainty.

Then we make a pool of 4-5 people who never get voted today.

Then we just wagon a random person who's not in the pool, and repeat the same tomorrow. If the reads are accurate, that gives 33% chance to hit scum each day, or about 60% chance to to succeed on either.

My 2 are Gamma and Nurse btw.
You mean we do this process every day but starting over every day right?

If so, im game.

Black
Broccoli
Hu
Kyouko

Also (everyone), unless you are mech clear im gonna apply the
Guillo Bam and Aid
technique every day.

How about we give Celebloski some time to breath and apply some pressure on this though, Naerys looks a little frozen and only posts to defend themselves.

VOTE: Naerys
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 738, Celebloki wrote: Do you guys legitimately get scum tells that pan out solely based on an RVS vote? Maybe I need to learn this skill.
Yes, it is a skill you acquire by playing social deduction games like Mafia that emphasize in well social deduction instead of mechanics. If you wanna develop that skill, i suggest you play mountainous games or game with only one or two roles (light games).
Broccoli Quest 2
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Broccoli Quest 2
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Broccoli Quest 2 »

In post 756, Guillotina wrote: Guillo Bam and Aid
What's that?
Even my signature is green :)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 574, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 549, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 343, Gamma Emerald wrote: He left the site under unfortunate circumstances iirc so I think he wishes to maintain distance from those past issues but for me, the constant questions about what ratios of scum in a game make sense just make it harder to not think of that since I always process that I believe his main knew such things which ofc brings me back to thing about his main
Random Nurse asked one question about the ratio of town to mafia. Framing it as constant questions seems disingenuous to me.
It’s not just this game that made me say that
The rest of us have no context for what you are talking about then.
In post 623, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 552, Dunnstral wrote: This is a weird post. Acknowledges it is based on playstyle and is very vague... it doesn't actually say or explain anything.
My kind sir, let me explain:
I think your tone is one that comes more often than random from scum. Probably like 60% of the time. I'm referring to, specifically, the complete lack of interest in any fluff and the overly trying hard attitude. Still, it's possible it's just your playstyle. I don't really care because I don't have any other reason to scumread you right now. K.
In post 567, Gamma Emerald wrote: This feels manipulative
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary wrote:Manipulative: serving or intended to control or influence others in an artful and often unfair or selfish way
I fail to see how calling you town over not wanting to do what I hoped you would do is somehow an attempt to control or influence you. Unless you think I am trying to manipulate you into NOT being in a town core with Elements and me, which is frankly preposterous (I like it!)
I don't agree on this reasoning being a good indicator of mafia.

Every person list 2-4 people they are sure are town with higher than 90% certainty.

Then we just wagon a random person who's not in the pool, and repeat the same tomorrow. If the reads are accurate, that gives 33% chance to hit scum each day, or about 60% chance to to succeed on either.

I disagree with this plan.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Black »

In post 756, Guillotina wrote: Naerys looks a little frozen and only posts to defend themselves.
I disagree with this assessment. Skimming over her ISO I'm seeing attempts to solve and sort people

Broccoli's responses are fine. I'm not sure who I want to wagon atm
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 731, davesaz wrote:
In post 121, Celebloki wrote: Elements is a champion baffler for sure.

I'm not inclined to vote for the millers. I think I agree with Gamma's take.
trivial, not AI
In post 122, Celebloki wrote:
In post 113, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 98, Black wrote: I'm not sure. Dunn's claim felt like a joke with it being the first post of the game. Kyouko's feels more real but I'm not familiar enough with her to tell if it's coming from scum
I feel Duun's claim is genuine, millers often claim miller in their opening posts. Duun's miller claim feels straight up, unlikely that mafia plays this directly. Kyouko feels real/potentially opportunistic, shielding herself behind the initial miller claim if she is mafia

VOTE: ssbm_Kyouko
Kyouko claimed miller in her opening post too, it seems unfair to say her claim is illegitimate just because Dunn got to the game first. Not everyone can have the opening post of a game.
I could count this as a post.
In post 198, Celebloki wrote:
In post 168, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 61, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 14, Hu Tao wrote: VT
I understand why people claim miller early on, but why throw out a VT claim on page 1? I'm coming to this site mostly from a background where claiming was against the rules, so I would love to hear how claiming this helps the town.
So scum will not target me and I can last till end game. I believe in myself to find scum as long as I'm alive long enough. Now I just need to be towny enough to not be voted out. I've eliminated half of the work.

You understand why it's generally anti-town to openly claim VT though, right?
True but how does it progress the game?
In post 199, Celebloki wrote: It seems like some people are being overly-critical, but maybe it's just people eager to get the game out of an RVS mindset.
Does this progress the game?
In post 436, Celebloki wrote: And I guess follow-up question, why do you think Kyouko voted me and quoted 217?
I'd have to look at 217 to know whether this is related to RN or not, but suspect it is.
I don't think "it doesn't progress the game" is a very strong indicator of mafia here
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Guillotina »

In post 758, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 756, Guillotina wrote: Guillo Bam and Aid
What's that?
Very glad you asked.

The Guillo BAM and AID technique is the process in which everyone has to earn my townread every day as opposed to secretly giving you a score high enough to towncore you for the rest of the game based on your performance on a specific day.

Pros: Keeps the game dynamic
Removes the possibility of scum buddying me once to ride on my favor forever.
It catches deepwolves.
Makes me unpredictable and mafia cant plan around it.

Cons: Very difficult to build a towncore this way.
Builds a level of distrust amongst the actual town as it could be seen as scum keeping the PoE wide instead of narrowing it down.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 754, Elements wrote:
Gamma Emerald
Celebloki
Naerys
Guillotina
Keyleth
TimmerRC
Elements

Towny
Really?
Yes because mafia don't tend to call a lot of people suspicious at once, IMO.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.12

Celebloki
(E-5): , , ,
Naerys
(E-6): , , ,
KawaiiKame
(E-8):
Andresvmb
(E-8):
Broccoli Quest 2
(E-8): ,
davesaz
(E-8): ,
ssbm_Kyouko
(E-9): ,
Guillotina
(E-9):
Keyleth
(E-9):
Elements
(E-9):
Hu Tao
(E-9):
Random Nurse
(E-9):
Black
(E-9):
Gamma Emerald
(E-9):
Dunnstral
(E-9):
Cat Scratch Fever
(E-9):
TimmerRC
(E-9):

Not Voting
: , , ,

With 17 alive it takes 9 to eject a player from the Game.

Deadline is (expired on 2023-12-07 23:00:00).

Mod Notes: Elements is V/LA until Wednesday, December 6th.
Last edited by Jingle on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:19 am

Post by Black »

In post 763, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 754, Elements wrote:
Gamma Emerald
Celebloki
Naerys
Guillotina
Keyleth
TimmerRC
Elements

Towny
Really?
Yes because mafia don't tend to call a lot of people suspicious at once, IMO.
I tend to agree with this. Scum generally have a harder time providing a lot of natural scumreads
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Towny: ssbm_Kyouko, Black, Broccoli Quest 2, Elements, Gamma Emerald, Hu Tao, Guillotina, Keyleth, Random Nurse
Null: Cat Scratch Fever, Naerys, TimmerRC
Scummy: davesaz, Celebloki, Andresvmb, KawaiiKame
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 681, davesaz wrote:
In post 675, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: No bloops
VOTE: ssbm_kyouko
I disapprove of anti-bloops too. No intentional pagetops.
:yawn:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:26 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 717, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 672, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: 640 bothered me because it was so "mediator-ish" without really adding anything thoughtful. I think we could all see both sides, even if personally we would agree with Gamma or with BQ2: Electric Boogaloo. I don't think it's hard to see that Gamma felt the behavior was manipulative and also that BQ2 did not mean it in that way (or at least says he didn't, which feeds more into it feeling manipulative to Gamma)
And it felt like he had not posted in a while so I went back to see when he posted last and what happened.

So since it's apparent what the situation is, why post at all? 640 feels like a long post about... nothing.

And I didnt remember dave posting recently so I thought "hmm, I'm going to go back and check what has happened between 640 and the last time dave posted because that seems like a scummy "I'm not lurking" post to me. So I did... and while checking when he last posted I read Dave's ISO. It's mostly shading Keyleth, but not trying to start any pressure directly on her.

I think dave is slitherin' rn
VOTE: davesaz
First, while I get whatchu sayin, what exactly does davesaz gain from posting 640 as scum?
The appearance of thread presence/activity
Second, I think the reason for making it as town is an attempt to diffuse a TvT. To me it looks like it worked, since Gamma is no longer voting me.

Additionally, I must emphasize that I believe that davesaz is town. I have read two of his scum games and he was extremely easy to spot as scum in both. He does not feel similar in this game.

In post 673, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Also Gamma feels like town here after that argument with BQ2. Could be TvT, but BQ2 is gimmicking so it's naturally harder to read his side of things
In post 674, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: Like if he wasn't gimmicking I'm inclined to say that's TVT
How does my gimmicking affect your ability to read me? Can't you read through the gimmick?

Or differently put: what is town indicative about my play, and why is it not town indicative in light of having a gimmick?
Knowing that you're gimmicking means I can't really accept the tone of any of your posts, because they are edited through the lens of the broccoli. I know this sounds really dumb but I don't think your posts are unedited if that makes sense. Like you're going to make sure when you post that you sound like Broccoli Quest 2 and not like [insert main name here] - that's fine, but your tone can't be taken at face value because it is certainly faked.

As an aside, I dunno if you noticed but my pronouns are "they". So I would appreciate if you use them. Though I am aware that a certain type of users (colloquially known as "alt hunters") may derive immense pleasure from ascribing gender/sex characteristics to a broccoli. If you are one of them, please proceed with using "he".
Yes, sorry about that, on the phone it doesnt show them next to profile pictures in the thread and I should have checked elsewhere first
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:32 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Being generous and assuming we get a pool of 5 to not be limmed that contains 1 scum because its D1 and reads are gonna be bad overall - the odds of at least one success over 2 days should be closer to 40% not 60, I think. If mental math isnt hard now that I'm old

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:33 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Actually no even lower because I was thinking 5 scum total, 4 of 12, should be 4 scum in this game

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 711, Keyleth wrote: I want to just put Elements as town as bad
???
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:36 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: Dunnstral
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Looks interesting
<Embrace The Void>

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:43 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 751, Elements wrote: Brocoli can be town too
Why do you TR Broccoli?

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”