Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1820, Dunnstral wrote: Lastly I think Gob lied about their reason for replacing out being that they were in too many games. Point being they joined a new game right after replacing out of this one and have posted nearly a hundred times on the site since then.
Hosts modkill players for reads like this one where I come from.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1833, Hu Tao wrote: For fun
No, you were under a lot of pressure when you did.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1834, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 1795, Keyleth wrote: Well I did openly claim so you're always free to check me!
What did you claim?
In post 1818, Dunnstral wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1053, Celebloki wrote: I don't
b
elieve the claim at all. I also don't believe for a second that Hu Tao thought she was actually hammered so the claim itself was no way a twilight-esque spew. It was a calculated gambit.
In post 1110, Celebloki wrote: I was waiting for Guillo's opinion on the Hu Tao claim. He's a bold person and if he doesn't think a Hu Tao lim is the play I'll sheep that I guess. I still think Hu Tao is probably scum so the only way she'll go is through limming.

Can I also just say, love it or hate it, having gob in the game really spices things up.
In post 1231, Celebloki wrote: Even though she wants me dead, I still don't think Kyouko's the play today.

This might seem completely out of left field, but I am just pondering scenario's. In a game this size, and considering Hu Tao's claim of Complex Indecisive Doctor, is a second town protective role likely balance-wise or would that be too town sided?

Here is why I thought Celebloki was softing bodyguard. They capitalize a b in the first post here, and in the next post they make they use the word 'bold'. Their third post asks if a second town protective role would be likely.

By the way, I also capitalized a b in

It seems they are instead claiming some kind of a rolecop role, which is confusing to me given their behavior above.
Yeah I also noticed that bolded B and thought it was probably a crumb.
In post 1819, Dunnstral wrote: Also the context of those first 2 posts is Celebloki saying they don't believe Hu Tao's claim so it made sense to me that they were also a protective in distress.
Yep.
In post 1821, Naerys wrote:
In post 1820, Dunnstral wrote: Lastly I think Gob lied about their reason for replacing out being that they were in too many games. Point being they joined a new game right after replacing out of this one and have posted nearly a hundred times on the site since then.
VOTE: Dunnstral
Gobs reason is his own and this post is really bad.
Naerys, I agree with you that it's not cool to speculate on replacements, but that post is not even mildly scum indicative for Dunn.
In post 1822, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 1739, Broccoli Quest 2 wrote:
In post 1731, Celebloki wrote: I’m certainly not going to listen to Hu Tao. I suppose she could have lied to cover any other PR and avoid getting limmed, but I think it’s more likely she’s a goon.
I am telling you she's a VT who fake claimed doc. I wasn't buying her claim for a second.

If Hu Tao flips Scum I want this slot examined next.
Why exactly? Do you think my persistent SR of Hu Tao Day 1 was just an act? And do you think I'd say the above as a partner?
In post 1824, Celebloki wrote: My plan originally was to investigate the millers. If I live to and through tonight I plan to do that. I won't go further on what my crumbs meant. They do have a purpose, but it's not beneficial to town to go into them right now.
Um, I think it IS beneficial to town to explain the crumbs because you're kinda under fire.

Though I will admit my gut reaction is to believw your claim (just like Hu Tao), so maybe I should just silently let you go on with it.
In post 1825, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1815, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1733, Naerys wrote: Since i have seen town!Tao lie about being doctor, i suppose she could be town.
I dont see what scum!Broccoli would gain from defending town!Tao - more likely he would support the easy lim. Defending Hu Tao makes sense only in case of both town or both scum. Both being scum is something to think about.
They are still trying to confuse things by saying they protected Gamma when they didn't. Where is the town motivation there?
Are people not reading the game... like actually.
Yeah I'm really baffled here
In post 1829, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1712, Hu Tao wrote: Oh wait I understand. Black did the first one. Protected gamma and they both died. :lol:
I guess I misinterpreted this post?
No you understood it perfectly. Black used her babysitter on Gamma which resulted in Gamma's death.
In post 1816, Dunnstral wrote: I'm confused as to why people think Hu Tao is town and lied.
Oh that's easy.

She didn't even try to sound like she's a real doctor and her VT claim was much more genuine. Also Gamma flip makes Hu Tao very town, Gamma was opportunistically trying to ride on my Hu Tao wagon yesterday for a miselim.
I don't think you are scum here if Tao is scum, but I do think you could be scum with TMI if Hu Tao is town.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I am claiming role cop, not any other kind of cop. It returns whatever the slots role is, but I don't get alignment. If the slot is VT, Goon, whatever, I'm supposed to get something to indicate it's a generic role so I don't get alignment. For Hu Tao I got Vanilla. This could mean VT, Goon, SK, whatever the basic role for a faction is.

I was excited when the game started and we had 2 Miller claims, because if I check one and get Miller, that's pretty set what it means.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1839, TimmerRC wrote: So Hu lied about their claim but it's cool because they are obv-town, Dunn can't understand Black's role and how it resulted in Gamma's death, Celeb soft-suggested a protective role and apparently crumbed some clues but now says they are an investigator and yet we are believing them as well even though they will explain itall tomorrow, does that sum things up?
Why is Hu obvious town?
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Celebloki »

In post 1901, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 1896, Naerys wrote: Yeah well not my best play i admit. I am bouncing between you and Cele bcz idk whom to trust. Nurse i believe town and i am inclined to listen to him. This whole situation is a mess. Yeah plus the fact that i kinda fell for your trap with "Cele softed protective". Either you are trying to discredit Cele or Cele is lying and is scum PR. But lol, why would scum PR oust themselves like this? With still so many people alive? More than likely scum is hiding in lurkers.
You lied, Hu Tao. Thats a fact. To get best info from this situation without mislimming potential important PR is to lim you. Or, pushing a lurkers.
It would be neat if some lurkers bothered to come here, tbh. I hate this mess and my thoughts are messed up.
Cele and I agree. So why are you making it Cele vs me?

What are we agreeing on? That you're vanilla? I don't think I agreed with you on anything. I'm calling out your claim and you agreed that I caught you?
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1928, Celebloki wrote: I am claiming role cop, not any other kind of cop. It returns whatever the slots role is, but I don't get alignment. If the slot is VT, Goon, whatever, I'm supposed to get something to indicate it's a generic role so I don't get alignment. For Hu Tao I got Vanilla. This could mean VT, Goon, SK, whatever the basic role for a faction is.

I was excited when the game started and we had 2 Miller claims, because if I check one and get Miller, that's pretty set what it means.
Then why didn't you?
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1858, Random Nurse wrote: I don't buy someone claiming Vanilla, then doctor after being pushed, and then someone else claims to have a result that Hu Tao is Vanilla.

Too much murkiness to allow that slot to go unresolved Day 2.
Correct
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I fought with myself nearly up to the deadline about that. I was pretty certain Hu Tao was lying and I was thinking there might even be a great chance she was a scum PR and was going to hide behind a town PR. I was hoping I'd get back something like Roleblocker that would be more clear cut. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get back doctor. I was happy to at least get back Vanilla and know she lied about the claim.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1925, Guillotina wrote:
Hosts modkill players for reads like this one where I come from.
If you'd like to educate yourself with the rules for this site, this link will take you to the site-wide rules, this link will take you to more specific replacement rules, and this link will take you to this game's rule set.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: Hu Tao
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1872, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 1824, Celebloki wrote: My plan originally was to investigate the millers. If I live to and through tonight I plan to do that. I won't go further on what my crumbs meant. They do have a purpose, but it's not beneficial to town to go into them right now.
This is what I mean. Yes I left crumbs but I won't explain it, but I'll check the Miller's? Checking a claimed Miller is the easiest path for a fake cop to try to keep the ruse going.
I don't understand this logic
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1886, Naerys wrote:
In post 1885, Dunnstral wrote: You made this post and I wonder how you could reply to this without realizing Hu Tao was a Doctor claim:
Celebloki claimed role cop and claimed that Hu is Vanilla. Pay attention, please.
This could be scum disconnected from game. I got my eyes on you.
????
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Guillotina »

I'm constantly flip-flopping on Naerys, sometimes they have great towny posts and some other times she has level 0 scummy posts.
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 1923, Roden wrote: VOTE: Hu Tao
Nice naked vote there
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by Guillotina »

Ok Ive caught up, now time to back read for Gamma's spew.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1929, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1839, TimmerRC wrote: So Hu lied about their claim but it's cool because they are obv-town, Dunn can't understand Black's role and how it resulted in Gamma's death, Celeb soft-suggested a protective role and apparently crumbed some clues but now says they are an investigator and yet we are believing them as well even though they will explain itall tomorrow, does that sum things up?
Why is Hu obvious town?
I don't believe they are, I was referring to players suggesting that on their end. At least one person has indicated very strongly that they believe Hu to be town regardless of the lies.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 2.3

Hu Tao
(E-2): , , , , , ,
Elements
(E-4): , , ,
Dunnstral
(E-8):
Broccoli Quest 2
(E-8):
Keyleth
(E-8):
ssbm_Kyouko
(E-8):
Celebloki
(E-8):
Roden
(E-8):
TimmerRC
(E-8):
Andresvmb
(E-8):
Naerys
(E-8):
davesaz
(E-8):
Guillotina
(E-8):
Random Nurse
(E-8):

Not Voting
: ssbm_Kyouko, TimmerRC, davesaz, ,

With 14 alive it takes 8 to eject a player from the Game.

Deadline is (expired on 2023-12-17 14:00:00).

Mod Notes: None!
This is a Parachute.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1936, Guillotina wrote:
If you faking a cop-type role, the easiest path to establishing credibility is to "investigate" players that we all already kinda know. So Celeb is saying they want to investigate the millers, well there's 2 of them, so to me, that's basically saying "i'll just show back up on day 3 and say yup that player is a miller" and then on day 4 "yup, that other player is a miller".

I don't like it as if someone asked me before this game day started "what would you do if you were going to try to establish a fake cop claim, I'd say point blank "say i'll check the millers" :? It's just utterly convenient.
There are 2 kinds of people in the world... those who can handle incomplete statements
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1931, Guillotina wrote:
In post 1928, Celebloki wrote: I am claiming role cop, not any other kind of cop. It returns whatever the slots role is, but I don't get alignment. If the slot is VT, Goon, whatever, I'm supposed to get something to indicate it's a generic role so I don't get alignment. For Hu Tao I got Vanilla. This could mean VT, Goon, SK, whatever the basic role for a faction is.

Then why didn't you?
^this is what I mean, you basically are seeing the same thing. (This is in reference to my last post)

And FWIW, I feel like several people in the game indicated that they suspected Hu Tao's doctor claim was obv-false to the point of not even feeling that the lie was indicative of anything, so theoretically a bad-Celeb declaring Hu to be vanilla would be an easy gambit to pull.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Celebloki »

In post 1943, TimmerRC wrote:
In post 1936, Guillotina wrote:
If you faking a cop-type role, the easiest path to establishing credibility is to "investigate" players that we all already kinda know. So Celeb is saying they want to investigate the millers, well there's 2 of them, so to me, that's basically saying "i'll just show back up on day 3 and say yup that player is a miller" and then on day 4 "yup, that other player is a miller".

I don't like it as if someone asked me before this game day started "what would you do if you were going to try to establish a fake cop claim, I'd say point blank "say i'll check the millers" :? It's just utterly convenient.

Yeah but if I do that, and me and the millers are still alive, elim me and confirm the millers. I don't suspect I'll make it through too many more nights though.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

So what was your plan if your result for Hu came back as doctor? Stay silent?
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Celebloki »

Idk, I may have confirmed it. I mean at that point she already claimed so I don't know what good it would be for me to stay quiet about it. If she's a town Doc it would have sorted itself out from a NK. If Scum Doc it's probably better everyone knows she's some kind of Doctor and how suspicious it would get if she continued to remain alive after each night.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I suppose the only reason I may have stayed quiet about it is to not fully claim myself and stay somewhat hiddem. Yesterday I only softed being a PR, I didn't say what I was. I'm sure a big topic today would be what all my crap was about end of day yesterday and I probably would have become today's elim if I did stay quiet. At the very least I would get wagoned and be made to full claim today anyway.
TimmerRC
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
TimmerRC
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by TimmerRC »

In post 1928, Celebloki wrote: I am claiming role cop, not any other kind of cop. It returns whatever the slots role is, but I don't get alignment. If the slot is VT, Goon, whatever,
I'm supposed to get something to indicate it's a generic role so I don't get alignment. For Hu Tao I got Vanilla.
This could mean VT, Goon, SK, whatever the basic role for a faction is.

Last thing I'll mention for now because I'm at work and it's getting a bit busy, but if I seem to be fixated on Celeb's claims the bolded part in the quote is part of it. That just reads like someone read the wiki and tried explaining a fake claim from that, and not someone checking their role PM.

From the wiki: "Vanilla players have role names that vary by faction; a Role Cop scanning these will get "Vanilla" as the response, again anonymising the win condition. Thus, a Mafia Goon or a Serial Killer should give the same result as a Vanilla Townie (unless they have extra abilities). "

they even mention all three examples from the wiki, VT, Goon, SK.

So for the moment, I do not trust Celeb at all. Following my gut.

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”