Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Fenrir your play rn feels fangless
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 519, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 515, T3 wrote:
In post 513, ssbm_Kyouko wrote: T3 - What do you think of ?
I thought that there was a chance you could be disingenuous scum but I buy your explanation
In post 516, T3 wrote: Subject: Hollow Knight Mafia [game over]
In post 2139, Klick wrote:
In post 2135, Firebringer wrote: wow klick not gonna even bother asking ME about my petapan fanboy townread.
Rude af

Klick honorary scum.
If you can convince me petapan is town I'm also happy to hear it!
The other fire has a way of speaking to my soul though
Here's Klick using the same language as town in a past game btw
What do you think my explanation was? Are you talking about ?
Yes.

I was under the impression that you were saying "Klick has a scum mindset because he said 'convince me' rather than 'explain to me'"
I thought this was a bad read, and perhaps disingenuous, but I buy your explanation of "I've seen that phrasing be used many times, but I can't say with confidence it's from both alignments" (or something to that effect)
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:39 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Cakes is town
Im a dog that quacks
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 550, Gamma Emerald wrote: Fenrir your play rn feels fangless
How is this different to his towngame in general?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:09 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 551, T3 wrote:
In post 515, T3 wrote:
I thought that there was a chance you could be disingenuous scum but I buy your explanation
In post 2135, Firebringer wrote: wow klick not gonna even bother asking ME about my petapan fanboy townread.
Rude af

Klick honorary scum.
Yes.

I was under the impression that you were saying "Klick has a scum mindset because he said 'convince me' rather than 'explain to me'"
I thought this was a bad read, and perhaps disingenuous, but I buy your explanation of "I've seen that phrasing be used many times, but I can't say with confidence it's from both alignments" (or something to that effect)
that's not what I meant at all - I don't think he's scum for the wording, I don't doubt he could use those words as either alignment. In the game you linked, he's been playing from the start.

My point is, one of the first things he did on replacing in, was ask to be convinced that the leading wagon is on scum. This makes sense when the VC is more contentious (think competing E-2 wagons), when the game is longer, and reading a lot of pages will be time-consuming, or when the deadline is shorter, and there isn't enough time to read.

None of that applied here which is why I thought it was scummy. What bugs me maybe even more though is your defense of Klick. I dont know why you're first assuming my read is based on Klick's verbiage, and then why you decided to pull meta on Klick to support town!Klick when as far as I can tell you haven't expressed a TR on me (wanting to steer your TRs the right direction) or Klick(wanting today defend your TRs). I'm thinking there's a possibility that my playstyle is being discussed in the scum PT and I'm being targeted for pocketing, which would mean someone on the scumteam is very familiar with me. That brings Gamma and Koba to my mind right off the bat
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 531, Sakura Hana wrote:
@BGC
: Did you ever answer Gamma's question in .

I feel from SC is fake, coming into the thread asking why Pooky isn't at E-1 when he never explained why he scumread pookie makes 0 sense if he expects sheeping.

@BGC
: Did you also ever explain what vibes you got on ?

from BGC feels iffy. I also disagree with .

After re-read i got a TR on Dunn, and leanscum on Cakez. I also want BCG to answer my questions, im not gonna followup on 523's question for now since it was directed at Ceph, I think overall BCG doesnt look like scum, but some posts made me go "????" so im hoping to get a satisfactory answer.

VOTE: Cakez
What do you mean by BCG does not look like scum, and why so?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 555, T3 wrote: What do you mean by BCG does not look like scum, and why so?
I feel like asking for attention and asking people to participate is not something scum would do here, specially the former.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 554, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 551, T3 wrote:
In post 515, T3 wrote:
Rude af

Klick honorary scum.
Yes.

that's not what I meant at all - I don't think he's scum for the wording, I don't doubt he could use those words as either alignment. In the game you linked, he's been playing from the start.

My point is, one of the first things he did on replacing in, was ask to be convinced that the leading wagon is on scum. This makes sense when the VC is more contentious (think competing E-2 wagons), when the game is longer, and reading a lot of pages will be time-consuming, or when the deadline is shorter, and there isn't enough time to read.

None of that applied here which is why I thought it was scummy. What bugs me maybe even more though is your defense of Klick. I dont know why you're first assuming my read is based on Klick's verbiage, and then why you decided to pull meta on Klick to support town!Klick when as far as I can tell you haven't expressed a TR on me (wanting to steer your TRs the right direction) or Klick(wanting today defend your TRs). I'm thinking there's a possibility that my playstyle is being discussed in the scum PT and I'm being targeted for pocketing, which would mean someone on the scumteam is very familiar with me. That brings Gamma and Koba to my mind right off the bat
I assumed your read was based on Klick's verbiage, yes. I don't see why my misunderstanding of your read makes me scum. I do not have a strong read on either you or Klick, and I defended him from you because I thought your point was illogical. And how does this connect to pocketing you at all?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 556, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 555, T3 wrote: What do you mean by BCG does not look like scum, and why so?
I feel like asking for attention and asking people to participate is not something scum would do here, specially the former.
The first point is part of the reason why I scumread them - yes, they asked for attention, but not much content came out of the attention they received, which is why I think it was performative. In a vacuum I'd say both of these are towny though.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 557, T3 wrote:
In post 554, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 551, T3 wrote:
In post 515, T3 wrote:
Rude af

Klick honorary scum.
Yes.

I assumed your read was based on Klick's verbiage, yes. I don't see why my misunderstanding of your read makes me scum. I do not have a strong read on either you or Klick, and I defended him from you because I thought your point was illogical. And how does this connect to pocketing you at all?
FWIW I am townreading you off of this post :lol:
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 523, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 522, Cephrir wrote: Can't believe I whiffed that opportunity to post the entire player list. I'm rusty
So you telling me you couldn't buy what I was selling was just projection, got it ;)

We can start by removing 1, jjh. Because by that omision you admit you were just blustering and just saying things :)
there are numbers that are lower than zero.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 524, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: Now let's do my bottom 4 excluding jjh...
Kage/klick, Luka, STD, cakez. I wanna hear what puts me under these names :)
oh, it's probably that i think you're scum

i know better than to meet you on a battlefield of your choosing, but at least this frustrating version of you is closer to what i was expecting
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 558, T3 wrote: yes, they asked for attention, but not much content came out of the attention they received
You could be right, we'll see what happens with my offer of engaging with them.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 531, Sakura Hana wrote:
@BGC
: Did you ever answer Gamma's question in .

I feel from SC is fake, coming into the thread asking why Pooky isn't at E-1 when he never explained why he scumread pookie makes 0 sense if he expects sheeping.
clearly not serious
Bartleby the Scrivener
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Feels like i have a hard time differentiating serious from not serious huh
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 544, SirCakez wrote:
In post 520, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 508, Cephrir wrote: VOTE: bcg

im just not buying what this slot is selling
OK so which slots are townier than mine? Out of every slot
scummy ass reaction, "why fry me" esque
In post 545, SirCakez wrote:
In post 542, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 541, SirCakez wrote:
In post 477, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 471, Klick wrote: He seems kinda confident and is saying things that make me go 'hm okay I could see you having this train of thought as town'
bruh im not even sure if he has a train of thought
bruh I caught you in the first 24 hours
Could you explain your read?
I don't believe his confidence (I know he's always blustery and faux confident but I don't buy it here) or his reads, they feel made up and this was strengthened when he immediately attacked me when I entered voting him, he knows hes not gonna get anywhere with me on his ass so he has to get rid of me first. y
Would Cakez really have such poor analysis as scum???
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 565, T3 wrote: Would Cakez really have such poor analysis as scum???
Don't you have it backwards? I imagine people have better analysis as town than as scum in general, since as scum they have to lie while as town they are genuinely analyzing things.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by T3 »

I don't think he'd continue to play in such an attention-grabbing way if he were scum because of the wagon on him, but I don't know his scumrange.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 566, Sakura Hana wrote:
Don't you have it backwards? I imagine people have better analysis as town than as scum in general, since as scum they have to lie while as town they are genuinely analyzing things.
I'd imagine that there would be a voice in his head telling him "hey, you really shouldn't post this, you should try a little harder to make better analysis" if he was scum.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 568, T3 wrote:
I'd imagine that there would be a voice in his head telling him "hey, you really shouldn't post this, you should try a little harder to make better analysis" if he was scum.
You saying this made me go back to re-read Cakez ISO on FFXIV ARR which is the last game i had with scum Cakez and also the last game i had with Cakez period, which i didnt wanna do coz it's like 2 years old. His analysis of players in that game werent really good (in fact worse than what im pointing out here) so it only reinforces my idea that town players have better analysis than scum players unless they are really skilled at lying.
However it also means it's likelier he's town here coz his analysis of people on that game were worse. I'll still wait for replies anyway, it's not like we're in a hurry rn.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 569, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 568, T3 wrote:
You saying this made me go back to re-read Cakez ISO on FFXIV ARR which is the last game i had with scum Cakez and also the last game i had with Cakez period, which i didnt wanna do coz it's like 2 years old. His analysis of players in that game werent really good (in fact worse than what im pointing out here) so it only reinforces my idea that town players have better analysis than scum players unless they are really skilled at lying.
However it also means it's likelier he's town here coz his analysis of people on that game were worse. I'll still wait for replies anyway, it's not like we're in a hurry rn.
I've also been looking at some of his meta just now and I can see a pretty strong difference in the level of analysis in his town and scum games, at least in the 3 games I've looked at so far
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:05 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I've also generally not been into meta lately, so it's not something i wanted to go and research, but i guess i wanted to find out if wether you were right or i was right in my belief.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Either way, i'm still in my belief that unless you're really skilled at lying your analysis as town is gonna be a lot better than your analysis as scum. I have seen nothing to disprove this.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 570, T3 wrote:
In post 569, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 568, T3 wrote:
I've also been looking at some of his meta just now and I can see a pretty strong difference in the level of analysis in his town and scum games, at least in the 3 games I've looked at so far
Nvm this wasn't true for MBOS 15
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 547, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 545, SirCakez wrote: I don't believe his confidence (I know he's always blustery and faux confident but I don't buy it here) or his reads, they feel made up and this was strengthened when he immediately attacked me when I entered voting him, he knows hes not gonna get anywhere with me on his ass so he has to get rid of me first. y
I see, can you explain why you entered voting him? As in, what gave you impression of him being scum? You can link posts because to me it felt a bit early to have that "confidence" you showed.
In I voted him bc I always have to enter approaching him as if he's scum bc we are rarely the same alignment and he completely bamboozled me one time in 3p once so I can never trust him again <3
But then I read on and noticed posts that I actually found objectively scummy in and nothing since has made me feel like "okay maybe I can trust Pooky a tiny tiny bit here"
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”