Eminence in Shadow: Season 1 [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

:shifty:
<(") | (")>
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Big Chungus Gaming »

In post 1071, Firebringer wrote:
With a made up story he told the girl that she had been cursed. A group known as the Diabolus cult had been hunting her down for her possessed blood. Little did he know...it was true.

Day 1 - Our Story Begins
Vote Count 1.10

Big Chungus Gaming [4][E-5]-T3, Cephrir, Penguinpower, SirCakez
Save the Dragons [3][E-6] Klick, Sakura Hana, Dunnstral
Sir Cakez [2][E-7] - Alisae, Save The Dragons,
ssbm_Kyouko [2][E-7] - Gamma Emerald, jjh927
T3 [1][E-8]- KawaiiKame,
Gamma Emerald [1][E-8] - Luka,
jjh927 [1][E-8] Big Chungus Gaming
Klick [1][E-8] - Whemestar
Dunnstral [1][E-8] - PookytheMagicalBear,

Lurking in Shadows (Not Voting - 1) : ssbm_Kyouko,

With 17 Alive, It Takes 9 to Eliminate.
Deadline is (expired on 2024-01-07 15:45:00)

Mod Note: STD has been prodded he has 24 hours to post. T3 is currently V/LA for 2 days. Sakura Hana is V/LA for next 3 days
mkay VOTE: Save The Dragons
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:42 pm

In post 561, Cephrir wrote:
In post 524, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: Now let's do my bottom 4 excluding jjh...
Kage/klick, Luka, STD, cakez. I wanna hear what puts me under these names :)
oh, it's probably that i think you're scum

i know better than to meet you on a battlefield of your choosing, but at least this frustrating version of you is closer to what i was expecting
ive been patient, cephrir, but I am certainly finding it difficult to track any sort of thought process that actually led you naturally to finding me as scum. This post in particular was a big red flag at the time, but I opted to not comment at the time. It felt very "oh great you're trying to do something thats effective for you" but like theres no reason to think this is some scum plot.

When relooking at this ISO and holistically tracking your mentions of my slot, and looking at the context of my content - I find your read on me to be forced to some degree by some aspect.

Now - I want you to tell me what shortcut read you made because otherwise the only other conclusion I draw here is that you are scum who pulled the read out of your ass.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 883, Cephrir wrote:
In post 857, T3 wrote:
In post 782, Cephrir wrote: I still want to see meta of t3 doing fucking anything as town

I'm sure it exists but I just want to see it
viewtopic.php?t=91787&user_select%5B%5D=35441

This was my 2nd most recent town game
Thank u

This feels significantly more chilled out to me but I'll worry about it later
I’ve lost 6 towngames in a row so I’ve been trying to win more and I realized that in the game I linked I had meh reads but hammered two of my correct townreads because I was anxious about the thread’s consensus and I doubted the quality of my reads. In addition I voted a correct scumread during Day 2 who no one else had voted before then but I eventually just shrugged and decided to go with the thread consensus. In this game I’ve been trying to be more forceful because of that.
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:43 pm

In post 1050, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1046, Cephrir wrote: All I have to offer right now is why isn't bcg dead yet
Why should bcg be dead?
i think this question is weird but i cant put a finger on why and im too lazy to ISO gamma rn
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:44 pm

In post 1078, T3 wrote:
In post 857, T3 wrote:
In post 782, Cephrir wrote: I still want to see meta of t3 doing fucking anything as town

Thank u

I’ve lost 6 towngames in a row so I’ve been trying to win more and I realized that in the game I linked I had meh reads but hammered two of my correct townreads because I was anxious about the thread’s consensus and I doubted the quality of my reads. In addition I voted a correct scumread during Day 2 who no one else had voted before then but I eventually just shrugged and decided to go with the thread consensus. In this game I’ve been trying to be more forceful because of that.
losing should not bias you towards never reevaluating :yawn:
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:44 pm

i wonder if im being pushed bc i was pushing town and pushing a tvt is obviously good for scum

big thonker
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:47 pm

bc like also PP comes to mind as someone who mismatches my view of what pings them when theyre town - something I experienced personally before when we were both town before. I find it odd that the first wagon PP likes is on me - where I feel I have not fit that profile of a slot PP would push earlier on.

there is another slot that I find odd that wasn't pushed by PP but I have to reread to reremember which one it is.
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:48 pm

STD/Gamma/PP/Cephrir would b a funny team tbh and imma double check to see if I actually am leaning towards that rn
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:50 pm

@alisae why cakez scum i cant see it fwiw. i find his play annoying(bc he scumreads me at a fairly high rate early game mainly) but idt he comes off as fake here
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:51 pm

also if i am trending towards the right answer i will say that mafia is largely a game of endurance game :pray:
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:53 pm

ssbm_Kyouko
Sakura Hana
Whemestar
Alisae
KawaiiKame
Luka
Pookythemagicalbear
T3

Klick
Dunnstral
jjh927
SirCakez

Gamma Emerald
Cephrir
Penguinpower
Save the Dragons

hilariously I think this is the middle tier I had in the list I made earlier lmao
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:54 pm

In post 417, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: ssbm_Kyouko
pookythemagicalbear
Alisae
Whemestar
Dunnstral
T3
KawaiiKame
Sakura Hana

Cephrir
Penguinpower
Gamma Emerald
SirCakez

Save the Dragons
Luka
jjh927
Duelist Kage

it would be hilarious if the exact scumteam was the 2nd tier bc it would be extremely on brand for my d1 reads but here is where im at, actually fully ordered without forgetting anyone
bruh moment LMAO
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:56 pm

regardless if my gamma playing "deepwolf" read is wrong and it is just cakez im only 3/4 if it is STD, big sadge.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1057, jjh927 wrote: I think I'm dropping the chuuni bit but oh well

But yeah why is anyone still focused on STD at all? Dude is never going to say anything that is alignment indicative or that is going to convince anyone of anything.
I didn’t really see much change your posting by way of the bit
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1079, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1050, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1046, Cephrir wrote: All I have to offer right now is why isn't bcg dead yet
Why should bcg be dead?
i think this question is weird but i cant put a finger on why and im too lazy to ISO gamma rn
You were nulltown at that point for me
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:48 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1077, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 524, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: Now let's do my bottom 4 excluding jjh...

i know better than to meet you on a battlefield of your choosing, but at least this frustrating version of you is closer to what i was expecting
ive been patient, cephrir, but I am certainly finding it difficult to track any sort of thought process that actually led you naturally to finding me as scum. This post in particular was a big red flag at the time, but I opted to not comment at the time. It felt very "oh great you're trying to do something thats effective for you" but like theres no reason to think this is some scum plot.

When relooking at this ISO and holistically tracking your mentions of my slot, and looking at the context of my content - I find your read on me to be forced to some degree by some aspect.

Now - I want you to tell me what shortcut read you made because otherwise the only other conclusion I draw here is that you are scum who pulled the read out of your ass.
Patient for what I clearly stated I had no intention of answering your question

Your posturing does not scare me
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1086, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: ssbm_Kyouko
Sakura Hana
Whemestar
Alisae
KawaiiKame
Luka
Pookythemagicalbear
T3

Klick
Dunnstral
jjh927
SirCakez

Gamma Emerald
Cephrir
Penguinpower
Save the Dragons

hilariously I think this is the middle tier I had in the list I made earlier lmao
ngl i think the 2nd tier in this list is more likey to be the scum team than the other list
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:55 pm

In post 1091, Cephrir wrote:

Patient for what I clearly stated I had no intention of answering your question

Your posturing does not scare me
I mean its like blatantly obvious to me at this point you won't engage in any questioning on holistic reads because of my theory that if you are town, you're taking shortcuts, which you are double downing you aren't doing - or you are scum who's ass pulled read would get exposed if I start to nibble at your logic.

Feel free to refuse to engage with my questions - it only speaks volumes about your own slot rather than convincing anyone that I'm scum.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1080, Big Chungus Gaming wrote:
In post 1078, T3 wrote:
In post 857, T3 wrote:

Thank u

losing should not bias you towards never reevaluating :yawn:
It’s not that I’m never reevaluating but previous I feel like I kind of just shrugged and went along with thread consensus instead of actively arguing against lims on my townreads
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1036, KawaiiKame wrote:
In post 1035, KawaiiKame wrote: Sakura feels the most naturally town to me with her questions/playstyle, I really like this,
In post 572, Sakura Hana wrote:
Either way, i'm still in my belief that unless you're really skilled at lying your analysis as town is gonna be a lot better than your analysis as scum. I have seen nothing to disprove this.

I want to focus in on who is and isn't lying/who has the greatest potential to lie.
I fear T3 has the greatest potential to lie, this is why I'm voting him
What
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 1037, jjh927 wrote: Interesting that you think Kyouko comes off more believable in the Kyouko/T3 interactions

Kyouko's 582 is specific, but comes out at a later point in conversation where the layers have built up and scum could reach for a conclusion like that. The point itself doesn't hold up to a very basic level of scrutiny either. The idea that someone would specifically give T3 extra advice about Kyouko's towngame to handle that interaction is entirely outlandish, but makes sense from the perspective of scum actively trying to include "I am town" in their line of reasoning.

The bit that actually concerns me on the flip side is the recent exchange where T3 backs off and deescalates. I am aware T3 has a fairly good scumgame and he's around the middle of my list of people I want to have a conversation with
I think that entirely outlandish conspiracy theories are more likely to come from town, no? I also think that Kyo would be a lot more self-aware at how poor her logic is if she was scum, and she doesn’t seem like the type to deliberately say outlandish things in order to get townread (eg. gob).
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by SirCakez »

c'mon I can't buy this, I often find it tough to read Cephrir but this game I have been able to figure out where his heads at pretty easily
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1088, Big Chungus Gaming wrote: regardless if my gamma playing "deepwolf" read is wrong and it is just cakez im only 3/4 if it is STD, big sadge.
how is Gamma playing like a deep wolf?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Big Chungus Gaming
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Big Chungus Gaming
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:56 pm

In post 1097, SirCakez wrote:

c'mon I can't buy this, I often find it tough to read Cephrir but this game I have been able to figure out where his heads at pretty easily
okay can you explain for the class?

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”