Mini 2332: A Mid-scummer Nights Dream II | GG

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:45 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: kyoko kirigiri
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:46 am

Post by Hu Tao »

VOTE: sunflower
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:06 am

Post by morph the cat »

PSA:
unvotes
count as content posts.
Vote: no elim
does not count toward the 100 content posts.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:14 am

Post by morph the cat »

We've been asked if flips will include the complete role pms or not.

Flips will include the role cards.
Bad Dream
role cards will have redactions.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:34 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okays so my posts are gonna be divided, for organization's sake, such that at the the top of the post will be general notes/comments that are probably relevant to everyone, followed by game-advancing responses to other players / game-advancing observations about other players, followed by really unimportant stuff in small red text which I encourage you not to read if you have a limited amount of time.

First, I would like to try to get a wagon to E-1
before
we reach 50 content posts so that in case of a PR claim, there's plenty of posts for a possible counterclaim, etc.

Second, let's try to keep it to 7 content posts for each player slot please. I will policy vote anyone who makes more than 12 content posts (cause you are literally stealing posts from other players).

Third, please consider me as preemptively giving intent to hammer on any slot except the following: [Gimli, Sunflower, Catgirl Chipotle, Klick, Aureal]. This is so I don't have to waste content posts for intent to hammer. I encourage you all to compose similar lists.

Now, for game advancing stuff:

I disagree with you fire that Hu Tao's ignorance of the setup/mech, or the fact that she's confused, is unusual. In this game she wasn't even aware it was multiball until like very late in Day 1, even though it was announced in signups. In other games she had similar setup dumbtells. I don't think it's even slightly readable as alignment indicative for her. I will say though that her insistence on asking for the "name of the VT role" is quite weird since she'd have no use for it as a TPR and wouldn't need to ask for it as a VT. Not really sure what to make of it. I have a very slight suspicion she was trying to bait people into slipping that they are VT / not VT but IDK if that's realistic. Overall null on her.

Regarding ActionDan I do find your case quite convincing and it reminded me a bit of the game I had with him as scum, so yeah I'd like to lim there.

@Prism - You are right, I guess I did somewhat overexplain why I'm playing differently instead of just saying "well it's a different game so I'm playing differently". I could see why that'd ping you. Why did I react differently is not something I can explain, I guess i just felt like overexplaining it... But also I thought it'd be taken for granted that I play differently every game, so why even mention it? Like have a look at these two town games and tell me that their Day 1's are any similar to Pizza Kids' (they're not): viewtopic.php?t=92058 viewtopic.php?t=91754
Regarding your other point, not really sure what you mean by emulate the basics. I didn't give anyone early pressure because in Pizza Kids I had a very strong scumread on one specific slot and in here I had a very strong townread on a specific slot. So I mirrored that but there's only so much you can "pressure" with a townread. I didn't and still don't have a very strong scumread so I am simply unable to push one with the same ferocity as in Pizza Kids, cause I don't have one.
But understanding your thought process is making me scumread you less I guess.

I kinda agree with you that the tone of Aureal's posts is... IDK. Like I do feel it's a reaction I'd expect from Aureal to have, but at the same time it doesn't really fit the context of what I was actually doing and I can see a world where Aureal, as scum, decided to post AtE because she knows I'm weak to her AtE when she's town and wanted to pocket me. I still, on balance, prefer not to lim her Day 1. Especially because I'm weak to AtE, sadly (or fortunately, depending on your perspective).

@Ravens - I thought Prism was ignoring things such as the fact that I am confident in my reads, etc. But as she has now addressed this, I do not think she's ignoring evidence anymore. Regarding you, IDK seems like you were reaching in order to SR Gimli. And I also didn't really feel like any of your posting has substantially contributed to or advanced the game very much so far. No offense meant, but like all of I remember of your slot is a bunch of witty one liners without actual insight. Maybe I'm misremembering.

@Klick - are you voting Prism, my scumreader, over me? Curious.

Now for some idle non-game advancing stuff:
Catgirl, why are you saying that Aureal of all people should restrict her posting? She's a low poster already...

Jupiter, I personally forgive you for that pagetop post.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:39 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i debated making this post because of the post cap because it’s not going to be terribly informational but i haven’t read that much (i’ve been playing toontown rewritten instead) but i will read up soon. this may come in the form of my one content post if i don’t do it before we hit post cap.

i don’t feel like obligated to use up the ~13 or so posts that would be mine in a fair and equally divided world so if someone has stuff to say steal from my pool and i won’t be mad lol
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Gimli »

Writing another big text and hoping to find my footing in this game.

I think I should have a strong townread on Prism. I consider how early and often Prism was right on mechanics and their eagerness to parse out alignments as indicative of just a townie player trying to win. I agree with actiondan: it's a townie doing everything a townie should do, unlike us mortals. I do understand their scumread on DE because DE probably does look scummy in this game from an outside perspective, and so I'm fine with #84 being a town early read on the game.

I think #49 is something DE can only write if he is a townie. he noticed I was openly assessing kirigiri and already working with her in real time to get a better grasp of the game. he knows when I'm towning. everyone who found it weird skimmed a real time interaction that was meaningful and probably correct t^t^t between me, kirigiri and DE (yes I'm voting her, I'll change that in a bit - kirigiri come play), botched what the meaning of it was and then showed up complaining that 'nothing happened how can these townleans exist'. but they are clearly there, and for me they're a very important piece of how I'm gonna find where the scum are.

ydra is towny energy af, everyone noticed it so its probably true

kirigiri is almost definitely a townie, flowing very naturally like normal kyoko. every single post I read of her was gut town to me.

I am concerned about the awkwardness coming from aureal. 'something towny' was kind of a defensive joke response to DE's demand, as in if aureal is scum then 'say something towny' puts her on a highlight very early. I don't think town!aureal would be concerned about it, but if aureal is scum, then 'something towny' happened because the question threw aureal out of character.
or something idk im no psychologist
. but Silver Ravens first instinct here is just right in #38. I do think that points to aureal scum, considering how she played the entire moon phase.

I still very much dislike Von Payne's entrance and I'm surprised black started the game like this, but I guess I'll keep reading. in #96 she is talking about thinking it was a 11p, maybe I shouldn't read into it cause faking not knowing anything about the setup is a tired scum move. Don't care much about her replies to me either. This is the slot I need to parse out the most.

I don't think maria wastes her time talking down an early townread like #102. that's a scummy filler post and I think she is scum for it. #112 was bad mech directions that fits well with the rest of her bad and scummy entrance posts. I'll add that maria is hanging onto that one scumread on me from page 3 and has added nothing of value to the game. that's not her towngame, she is scum, let's flip it.

sunflower is a townie, right? I think so. I really liked fireisred's posting today, especially his scumread on me. it makes perfect sense to think I'm scum cause I'm 'talking to a crowd'. that's just how I play mafia, and what he identifies as my scum tells are me replicating my town self as scum. since he played with scum!me a whole lot, he can't find me when I'm town easily. it's definitely comprehensible, + the hydra dissonance between their evaluations of me make is almost certainly a genuine interaction between hydra townies.

townies:

kirigiri
DE
Prism
GIF+dunn
jupiter+fire
ydrasse

probtown?

klick

2 scum in
AD
hu tao
Von Payne
aureal

1 scum in
ali+maria
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:06 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: catgirl chipotle
I'll tie your legs
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Ydrasse I'm gonna steal one of your posts to say some random stuff hope you aren't mad (if you are then I'll return it):

Wow I missed wallposting but also kinda didn't. I hope to never make a post this long again unless it's a scumcase on implosion or something.

Also Prism an additional detail regarding your scumread on me: you're unsatisfied with me not pressuring people early but A. I didn't see anything that I'm like, actually really scumreading this game so I don't have anything to pressure, and B. It's kinda useless to try pressure people during Moonrise phase since votes were useless (yes I was unaware of it but I was aware that people weren't voting). But also idk what you call my vote on Klick if not "touches of pressure" (what you claimed I was misisng). And yeah by the time you first brought up this argument, there weren't many of these because I was focusing on other stuff (mech and forming a townblock), but later they did happen and you elected to ignore them or disagree with them (and then ignore them as evidence). So I actually revoke understanding your thought process until such time that you acknowledge this inconsistency or address it satisfactorily. That being said I will gladky continue to pressure you and others to prove a point even though I don't have strong scunreads on you. Okay bye hope you enjoyed your weekend btw.

Hu Tao why the hell would you ever vote Sunflower. Like whaaaat. They are super town. But please like don't spend a post on a one sentence answer. Either give a detailed answer or just don't say anything and I'll assume it's because of the scumread of you.

Also if anybody wondering why I soend so much effort responding to Prism it's cause I don't have anything better to interact with, literally most of high posters I townread so I am expecting scum to be in low posrers and there's only so much to say about low posters.

Post 27/100

Pedit: I love Gimli's analysis and if I want to sy that Gimli is locktown once again. Especialky the real time thing ia very true. Oh no is this becoming abother wallpost, it was supposed to be a short one. Anyway, nice catch on Aureal Gimli.

I get why you dislike 102 and I get the mindset that voting for that dream is scummy but I don't want to vote Catgirls today. Need more non-mech posts from them.

Actually post 28/100
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:16 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VOTE: Catgirls
Kyoko Kirigiri
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Kyoko Kirigiri
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:18 am

Post by Kyoko Kirigiri »

Alright, this is a terrible game mechanic. I'm gonna apologize for this super mega-long post as I'm trying to put everything in one place. 100 posts for 13 players means everyone should only max post 7 or 8 times to let everyone engage equally and get their share which is super important for day 1 so please don't post more than 8 times.

I do not actually have many strong thoughts but a few things alarmed me and some stuff pinged that I'm gonna gather in one place here, and I sort them player by player.

---

Hu Tao's heavy hint on them being a PR by that vt question on last page with their overall lackluster game with bunch of appealing to different slots and showing disinterest in-game is just feeling fake to me. Like it feels too much at the same time. it just feels like they trying to appear as someone who just started mafia and is having their first themed/complicated game? No idea about their meta, yet, they dont seem super new. I think this slot is actually red for real with this start and the way they acted in last page with claim and the way they were disengaging
In post 36, Hu Tao wrote: I got a Red PM this game. Hopefully it works out!
----
In post 571, Prism wrote: I did mention Vi was known for scumsided mechanics...

Mechanically, that is two neutral/useless dreams and two negative dreams. Basic balance essentially requires dreams to be net +EV, but I'll drop that assumption for now.

But the most important part is the voting. I am extremely annoyed at that power because I was looking to kick into gear with daystart, not slow down. I am unlikely to get Dragon today and don't think I want to even if I could: I think the chance of misreading him by late Day 2/3 is extremely low.

I don't have strong reads right now. I'd put my preference at:

1. Hu Tao
2. Kirigiri
3. Dragon
4. Sunflower
5. Ydrasse
6. Ravens
7. Von Payne
8. Aureal
9. ActionDan
10. Klick
11. Gimli
12. Catgirl Chipotle

There is a gap between my top 2 and the rest. 4-8 are pretty interchangeable. I am for now taking the townreads on Gimli for granted. Catgirl Chipotle is my only townread because I don't think Alisae would continue to disagree with Dunnstral and I mechanically as scum. (Well, maybe if Ravens is scum too, but not going there)

I'm not really confident in my top 2, but Hu Tao is still trying to be a dollarstore Firebringer, and I think Kirigiri's early banter was meh and really disliked the Ravens townread in particular. As much as I wish lower participation wasn't a part of this, it is when I don't have very developed reads. (Kirigiri's headache is especially unfortunate).

VOTE: Hu Tao

Spoiler: Response to Sunflower
In post 247, Sunflower wrote::sunny: like prism points out that he didn't expect people to suspect him. frankly I wasn't really paying attention to anything until after page five but i'm pretty sure dragon not expecting suspicion is like in line
Most people don't expect scumreads. You missed both of the points here.

First, Dragon bristles against disagreement and is quick to read bad faith into it. Exhibit A, B, and C. He didn't start doing this here until I pointed out the absence. Instead he was nervously acquiescent.

Frankly, I'm grateful that Dragon accepted my refusal to back-and-forth, but it surprised me because he's usually more of a hound.

Second, and this is more speculative, is that Dragon knows his meta as far as early townreads go. Hypothetically, the townread on Gimli would be keeping in line with it. When I say he didn't expect the skepticism, I mean that some of the nerves/meta break in #1 is because he expected the "Typical Dragon town" lines to roll in, not Black's grilling.

Two separate points you might have missed: Dragon normally pressures more early, didn't happen here, and his reaction to Black still reads as awkwardly adjusting on the fly based off what gets townread and what doesn't.
There is nothing here about your high scum read on me. You say there is a huge space between your top 2 read and next ones. Was it only cause I was disengaged with game since rvs or is there an actual reason for the gap there? Your last posts seems to continue suspecting hau tu yet you vote me instead. still no reason posted for your read on me over a scum read you deliberated on. can you get me through your progress there?
In post 208, Prism wrote:
In post 200, ActionDan wrote: However I don't find the difference between DE and Kiri / Gimli substantial. Why not throw these two in similar buckets?
My early Dragon read was personalized. I haven't played with either of Kirigiri/Gimli. I didn't townread either, and reviewing still don't.

I think Kirigiri's Silver Ravens read about mech solving is bland and underinclusive, though. Do Klick, Catgirl Chipotle, and I all get the same treatment?
Not sure if this is what granted that progress or if it makes sense, but assuming this is your reason, as you put it, it was just a bland observation and a gut feeling, not even a read as you put it.

Just felt like them observing 11 to 12 might be revive is more likely from a town persuing mechanics for town than scum thinking about various manipulations these dreams might cause.

ultimately the dream names dont seem to have any relationship with the stuff they do and I dont think it ultimately means too much what people think about them or what they observe, but the spirit of solve and guessing might feel genuine or not genuine and I felt this particlar one felt fine or whatever?

but yea bland

------------

DE's start felt invested, then it felt like he is attention seeking and trying a bit too hard to be main topic, which I feel from a pattern of behavior was naturally reached.I mean, the posts way of him heating up and getting invested/entitled/aggressive feels like a natural progression.

I find his reaction to klick and prism a bit too reactionary at times but at this moment I think its more from a town de feeling they need to attention seek/engage back/react than a scum de making an emotion up if it makes sense? then

I dont like this post though:
In post 357, DragonEater70 wrote: I actually post less when I'm townread.
This feels too self aware as he is adjusting to uphold a self meta? Im not sure If I'm explaining it well. It just pinged me so I'm gonna put it here or as one would call it a bland observation?

----------

gimli calling hau tu lamist is so on brand for him analyzing similar type players, but I don't agree with you. I think they are on purpose going for a too scumy to be scum approach more than likely to just be throwing random garbage to disengage.

gimlis general approach to that "first post is advsing choosing slide" so this should be coming from scum is something I expect more from a town gimli than a scum one in analyzing stuff.

town lean here for me

--------
In post 206, Silver Ravens wrote:
In post 204, Sunflower wrote: i feel like the gimli meta vs not meta argument has reached the end of its usefulness

:blossom:
No it hasn't. I think that Gimli is being disingenuous in their posting, making them more likely to be mafia.
I wanna hear more about this. what part of their post feels disingenuous to you?

I have a null town lean on raven and Von Payne. their posts feel naturally progressive? but I need more to get anything there.

--------

I get positive pings from this reaction DE's situation there:
In post 537, Ydrasse wrote: is dragon known to be this entitled. is this town behavior
but overall not much here to work on.

---------
In post 200, ActionDan wrote: 45: they didn't either.

46: It's null.

47 and 48: actually having these opinions would be scummy.

49: see above.

50: Oh really? Willing to bet you can't identify what that effort consisted of. Have you had a thought to what alignment your and raven's posting might be linked to from DE? He didn't specify town or scum. I'd call your evaluation presumptuous.

51: How strange it is that you showed quite good judgement in our last game and now you post something like this. Gimli has yet to solve in any particularly serious capacity. Calling Kiri town? Is that the solving you are lauding?

63: Good for you

82: Choosing a few dreams is not exactly game breaking regardless of choice, why wouldn't scum attempt to make a best effort to truthfully mech solve if the result only minorly effects their gameplan if at all?
In post 84, Prism wrote: DragonEater70, whose eagerness to discuss and find townreads on people feels like a hamfisted ingratiation attempt. There are no touches of pressure scattered throughout, and these are tools are best used in conjunction.
I agree with the read. However I don't find the difference between DE and Kiri / Gimli substantial. Why not throw these two in similar buckets?

131: I don't disagree
In post 143, DragonEater70 wrote: And also I think, if I'm allowed to indulge in usesPython imitation, that questioning that read is cringe and mafpilled.
No it isn't. Your read was and is trash. Even if you consider yourself to be a Gimli whisperer without fallibility you should think others might question your read, rightfully so.

144: Yet he leaned into Kiri's pretty much immediately. And yours too.

146: This more or less seals Prism's towniness to me. Assuming the sentiment had to do with alignment too which is borne out in later posts.

There's some black and gimli posting I've only skimmed and I will dive into to get better reads on both but my general thoughts right now is that {DE, Kiri, Gimli} are scummiest (and of those DE scummier) and everyone else looks decently good in comparison (aside from Klick who is as lame as he was last game).

Briefly about Dreams and such. I would advise picking dreams that both look best and look like they DONT have global effects. I think rule 8 kills off the useless Slide dream. I think whatever or whoever caused the reveal to be pro-town. My Dreams selections will be 11-12 dial, Vi, Car Seat and I hope everyone chooses these.

VOTE: Dragon
I am thinking about this but cant conlclude if the points here are attempt at early solving/getting reactions or faking busy work. its so obvious that post 47 and 48 are just me and gimli saying we "hope" that the other is town more than actually saying the other is actually town. its just been a while we played with each other and we like each others game. to then dump a comment saying " its scummy to have this opinion" on the no opinions that were made is just saying something to have it said more than actually feeling the context and trying to solve it.

and then claiming its a town block based on it?

then rest of those reads sound "angry" ? Like I think there is a bit of aggressiveness there that feels unnatural? how can you post a bunch of notes about those many different posts and only say bad things about them and in ways like "good for you" ""Oh really? " "How strange it is" etc... it just feels toooooooo aggressive for commenting on early posts that it doesnt feel like its even an attempt to get reactions of.

I actually am alarmed by this post in different ways.

--------

need more from catgirl and sunflower and Aureal and klick

catgirl feels analytic enough at start of this phase and I like their insisting on slide mechanic talk there but alisaw is there and there isnt much to analyze. I like the reactions they did

sunflowers last post feels ok but before that, it feels they just wanted to react to stuff to announce they are here more than doing any influence in game. I like some of their takes in last post. not too hard reads to forge overall but some make sense stances and thought process and clearly explained bits.

Nothing about Aureal tbh.

klicks votes need more context for me? their push on slide and sheeple is too out there for it to be from a scum pushing it with scum agenda? but yeah overall, not much

I might have missed someone but this post already took 2 hours and half from me. Its so hard posting a big take of these many pages.

Not too much shit from me as I dont have my usual ammunition to engage, take out a pattern and see reactions this day phase, but I think from all options hu is actually decent bet for flipping red here and they been more performative than actually lost. and I hope people to post some wall posts like this about other slots so I can analyze some read progresses and get some opinions sorted, in mean while I agree with you all even before you say it that all my reads are bland and weak as I don't vomit reads and it takes me more to make some..

edit: This post is made without reading like last 8 posts cause I need to eat and I dont have time to read them before submitting this
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:32 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:33 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

VOTE: ActionDan
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Aureal »

VOTE: Ydrasse
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:06 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I'm sorry I just can't do long posts. I'm more of a react player than a thought player I think. Umm. So I think catgirl or sunflower I would like to eliminate.

Dragon I think is town. I can understand why he is weary of me based on past games.

I think I wouldn't be this lost as scum since scum always has all the info. I guess you can say I could be faking not knowing stuff but that seems lame.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:14 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Okay. So actually I have a theory based on the mod post.

This might be dumb, but scum likely asked if just unvoting would count toward the post count, and scum likely knew before mod posted here that it would. So it got me to look at who did so.

Gimli based on last death note game I just checked never really used unvote before, he would just vote his next person without doing unvote. The only time he actually posted unvote was when he was about to win anyway at the very end of the game.

So yeah, it's probably silly but I think gimli could be scum. Based off that. Dragon do you think I'm looking into that too much? You don't have to reply to this directly, just reply on your next big post you make I suppose.

VOTE: Gimli
Catgirl Chipotle
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Catgirl Chipotle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:20 am

Post by Catgirl Chipotle »

VOTE: actiondan
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:32 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: hu tao
I'll tie your legs
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:46 am

Post by Prism »

Hu Tao should know the scumteam didn't pick the dream nor have extra time to ask about the one picked by the dreamer. She's digging the dumbtell hole very deep but unfortunately I'm convinced I should jump in. I don't for a second agree with the read, but I am sold for the moment that she isn't in a scum PT.

I oppose the vote now. There is one further irony I will discuss in a later gameday.

I'm on my phone right now. I'll include my responses to Kirigiri, Gimli, and Dragon in a later large post.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:06 am

Post by Prism »

My interpretation is wrong after further thought and review. Hu Tao thinks scum asked after the fact to find a strategy to burn posts, not that they asked during dream selection.

I am still inclined to townread the post. It's creative. I don't really buy it, but if I did, Silver Ravens is a better candidate on this front because Ravens "tested" a vote that clearly counted under the ruleset and immediately unvoted afterwards.

I'll stop posting for now, but I didn't want that error to sit.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:15 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 619, Prism wrote: My interpretation is wrong after further thought and review. Hu Tao thinks scum asked after the fact to find a strategy to burn posts, not that they asked during dream selection.

I am still inclined to townread the post. It's creative. I don't really buy it, but if I did, Silver Ravens is a better candidate on this front because Ravens "tested" a vote that clearly counted under the ruleset and immediately unvoted afterwards.

I'll stop posting for now, but I didn't want that error to sit.
Yes. This is what I mean. So I noticed their post first. But I've never played with GIF before so I am not sure if that's how they usually act.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 615, Hu Tao wrote: Okay. So actually I have a theory based on the mod post.

This might be dumb, but scum likely asked if just unvoting would count toward the post count, and scum likely knew before mod posted here that it would. So it got me to look at who did so.

Gimli based on last death note game I just checked never really used unvote before, he would just vote his next person without doing unvote. The only time he actually posted unvote was when he was about to win anyway at the very end of the game.

So yeah, it's probably silly but I think gimli could be scum. Based off that. Dragon do you think I'm looking into that too much? You don't have to reply to this directly, just reply on your next big post you make I suppose.

I feel like this deserves a response on its own, and I'm sorry for using 4 posts already. I'll try to put up another wall of text today or tomorrow, and then I'll stop using them, hopefully.

in my first post in this gameday that wasn't a vote, I said how important it was for us to not be wasteful with our posts, how many each of us had if we divided it equally, etc. I've been keeping it tight myself, and I see most townies doing the same. I did not know that 'unvote' would count as an extra post. unfortunately I unvoted hu tao. the reason? she was self voting and other people were voting her - I did not want the gameday to end unexpectedly, and since we're getting no votecounts and I didn't want to count, I had no idea how many votes she had. It's my bad, but in my defense I couldn't know 'unvote' counted as a post.

I have, with this one and with the unvote one, made 4 posts this moonphase. hu tao, the person saying I'm scum for sneaking that one filthy post in, made 8. 4 of those 8 posts are him asking what does a VT look like in this game,
complaining that ain't no one answering her
- a piece of information that's in the very first page - and another one of her posts that counted is a self vote. She is already posting more than her fair share. her first (?) content post the whole game is this scumcase against me,
asking dragon's permission to make it
on top of it.

if this player is genuinely thinking these things as a townie then I really can't read her. For me the entire thing is fake busywork, doing bad things for the sake of it as a scum player, and I'm never rescinding this.

I think its hu tao/chipotle/????

could be aureal, could be AD, could be black+drew. gun to my head? I think its just aureal.
I'll tie your legs
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Von Payne »

I don't have many reads yet. I'm hoping I can find the time soon to sink my teeth in more

Sunflower is probably the slot I feel the best about so far. reads really townie to me and in general I think both fire and Jupiter have both seemed pretty townie this game. Part of me is reluctant to townbin fire so early but I've been steadily punching that part of me in the face. I think they're just town

The Gimli/Dragon slots have been a focal point in my mind since they were the main ones that interacted with me over the weekend. I don't have a confident read on either player but if I had to take a guess for post-game cred I would say town!Dragon and scum!Gimli. Dragon is definitely within his town meta, we just need to figure out if he's faking it or not. To me it feels
mostly
natural. I think there are some moments that seem a bit over the top and even more theatrical than usual but I think there are explanations for why that is that don't involve his alignment. I don't like his Gimli read at all but what can you do

I'm leaning town on Hu Tao. I think she's capable of dumbtelling as scum but she does it fairly often as town and they generally come across as genuine feeling. That's the vibe I'm getting here

I remember feeling good about Silver Ravens but I couldn't tell you what gave me that feeling and I can't look rn. Will get back to this later

ActionDan/kyouko/Klick/Prism/Aureal/Catgirl/ydra all fall into a blurry category of people I have no meaningful thoughts on

~B
Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Von Payne
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Von Payne
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am

Post by Von Payne »

Hydra of Doctor Drew (he/him) and Black (she/her)
Sunflower
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Sunflower
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:43 pm

Post by Sunflower »

:blossom: hi this is a collaborative post. sorry that it's kind of a mess. jupiter is gonna be mad that i am posting this as one post away from a pagetop but he's in posting jail and can't stop me. this is his punishment

~~~

:sunny: this is a foreword from jupiter. look at this little baby. Image
this is actually me. when you hurt me this is who u are hurting

:sunny: ummmm hi sorry for the pagetop post and the other things- i’m naturally a stream-of-consciousness poster so i post things as i think of them. in my defense i didnt think the pagetop post would be considered as a content post since i skimmed the warnings the mods gave us at the beginning of the day and honestly i didnt think three posts would be that bad (:blossom: side eye) but i guess they are so i’m sorry about that. i will try to be less annoying but i am not sure if that is possible
:sunny: this is the only post i will write since i’m stuck in no-posting jail (:blossom: where you belong. jail for one thousand years.), which is probably for the better, and i will go back to spamming thread when we’re done with this horrible fucked up day phase
:sunny: and i will read the first five pages. eventually. if i make another post ill talk about it

:sunny: ok so i’m gonna talk about my reads in more depth.
i think prism and hu tao are partenered. idk why i feel this way. i just feel like they are. they’re probably both scum
and i used to think black and dragon could’ve been partnered but fire thinks it’s dumb (:blossom: sorry)
ravens, klick, and kyoko kind of feel like radio silence null reads to me. i liked klick at first but then they disappeared off the face of the earth. hu tao, ydrasse feel like white noise to me

tbh i dont tryust myself to talk about reads, i forgot 50% of these people existed. w

on individual players for the record most of these are gut
→ catgirls is super town to me tbh. i think the way they post is very good and i really like it it feels like they are getting into this. i dunno how to reallyu read hydras esp because they dont sign but i liked the stuff
→ i initially townread ydra but tbh i think i don’t like it as much anymore. as i said earlier on her behavior came off as more towny to me but the longer it goes on the worse it looks, and i think that still applies. no fucking clue why fire townreads them tho. (:blossom: vibes are hard to explain but they're there imo) null.
→ i really dislike hu tao for the same reasons. the play here is kind of bad. partnered with prism, more likely scum (:blossom: i don't really think prism treats a partner like this but i agree the handling is kind of weird) (:sunny: i don’t know prism but i think this partnered)
btw hu tao, why do you scumread us and catgirls
→ btw when i played genshin i literally used so much primogems up, got to 87 pulls and lost 50/50 to diluc and then in my next one-pull i got hu tao. (:blossom: lmao nice) one of the most memorable and most frustrating gaming experiences of all time.
→ conflicted on the gimli spot- i scumread them earlier and then it looped randomly back around toa townread and now gimli is sitting at tnull. fire doesnt like gimli so i think i will sheep fire
→ had a really strong bad gutread on black in particular. i’m not sure what specifically caused it beyond some things i saw about dragon but it was mostly in the dream-voting phase and has mostly disappeared now, i think i’m willing to drop her into the townbin. i think drew was okayish though
→ do people actually townread actiondan i saw one post from them that i didnt get and forgot about their slot forever for the rest of time. fire cased him i think i agree with it (:blossom: let's go!!)
→ i dont likeprism. i dont know how i townread her initially. rancid vibes dude. rancid. rancid scum vibes. i dont like one bit of it.
→ dragon town
→ i forgot about aureal what did she even do lol

okkk thats all, fire’s gonna be talking about the stuff he wants to talk about now. i hate this. free me from no posting jail please (:blossom: no. stay) (:sunny: BOOO TOMATO TOMATO TOMATO TOMATO BOOOOOOO) augh
*takes 1d6 psychic damage* ough *the dice keeps rolling* *i am taking perpetual psychic damage* * please let me psot one liners again i miss them…… *

:sunny:

~~~~

:blossom: ok hi thank you jupiter. (:sunny: YOU’RE WELCOME)

from recent stuff there's not a ton to add but i didn't really love gimli's . i kinda was swayed at first by the paragraph in response to my scumread but maybe i am once again falling for the “wow you're so towny for scumreading me. great job”. and i don't really like the catgirls scumread, i think maria has felt more like her town approach to me so idk why gimli is saying it's clearly not her towngame. it feels sort of to me like when decent-good level scum feels like they don't want their strongest scumread to be on low content posters and so they kinda force a scumread on a bigger name. the paragraph on prism is slightly awkward also imo. idk. overall im not sold by the post

kirigiri's catchup post was solid and alleviated some concerns i had there. ik she's good at wallposting as scum too but this one reminded me more of the way she approaches games as town. i guess i haven't really directly seen her as scum but my impression is there's more action and control. she feels like she's figuring things out and not working as part of a team.

this might be a dumb take and im not sure how much weight im willing to give to this but i think black putting 7 people in null is actually like extremely towny for her

prism’s read on dragon, especially with the elaboration, feels really precise and surgical and that worries me a little bit. i know she said at the start that her focus was going to be very directed this game but the analysis doesn't feel as holistic as i expect, i guess. ive seen prism be extremely towny in the way she approaches solving a game and i feel like im still waiting to see that.

im not really interested in pushing or eliminating her today and i was a little hesitant to bring up any suspicion but she's observant anyway and has probably noticed. it may be self centered of me to think that she's ignoring me on purpose but i think she is, especially after not responding to a direct question. there's definitely a plausible world where she's town and doing that to see how i react to try to sort me but it does feel really unlike how she approached purgatory w.r.t. me although yes yes i know that was a marathon and it was completely different mindset. still

anyway idk i would probably sit on this read since it's undeveloped which i know is generally a mistake to share early against strong scum players but jupiter wanted to talk about her anyway so i guess we can. i am also kind of interested in hearing more from klick about his read/vote there and that's part of my motivation for talking about this

ImageImage

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”