fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

for instance, let's say he's partnered with me or halfasleep or thom as proposed. the three of us are experiencing very little pressure, and whoever he's with, together we can help shape and control the game

replacing in and setting himself up to antagonize the t/t jackson/kay social duo is a horrible idea. it locks in their scumreads on him and suddenly he's fighting a huge uphill battle when he literally could have just not done that

he can just buddy up to them and appease and immediately have 40% of the game on his side, while having tons of room to direct things towards miselims on purple, ming, or jake, which should be very easy to accomplish especially with a well-positioned partner helping him out

there's only 9 players in this game and every relationship that you establish is incredibly valuable as scum. burning bridges and continually prodding in new directions and potentially upsetting new people because you can't settle on one direction to push is just very counterproductive to scum win condition. but it does match up fairly well with what town would look like trying to solve
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

jackson i know you think that i am trying to maintain the division in town which is kind of fair bc i was annoyed at the game and didn't really do much to try to heal it

but i am fairly confident in gimli town, and i know that mathematically there has to be at least 1 town in kay/jackson/jake, and gamestate read i think there's probably two

if that town can find gimli as town then suddenly this game becomes much more playable and solvable. so currently that is my goal

i do additionally believe there is probably 1 scum in that group of 3 but i don't particularly care about them right now, id rather try to talk to whoever is town there and hopefully they're open to listening
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:30 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

He was originally townreading me when he replaced in but shifted when he realized my scumread didn’t disappear. It felt like he was trying to get townread, realized it wouldn’t work and changed to scumreading me to try to get who he could on his side. Maybe it’s “counterproductive” to keep changing reads but it doesn’t mean it’s not AI, and by that, I don’t mean town.
Purplemango
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Purplemango
He/him + any neos
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him + any neos

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:32 pm

Post by Purplemango »

In post 1181, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’d rather die than jake/kay.
Why?
According to your claim, you are a town, assuming they are also a town, What is the difference? Especially since you should be completely sure what your role is, and less about theirs
Or is it like metaphorical Thing
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:33 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1202, KayJayQueue wrote: He was originally townreading me when he replaced in but shifted when he realized my scumread didn’t disappear. It felt like he was trying to get townread, realized it wouldn’t work and changed to scumreading me to try to get who he could on his side. Maybe it’s “counterproductive” to keep changing reads but it doesn’t mean it’s not AI, and by that, I don’t mean town.
he started prodding at you in his 8th post which was less than an hour after his first content post

that would be a pretty quick shift based on that narrative i think
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:35 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1201, fireisredsir wrote: jackson i know you think that i am trying to maintain the division in town which is kind of fair bc i was annoyed at the game and didn't really do much to try to heal it

but i am fairly confident in gimli town, and i know that mathematically there has to be at least 1 town in kay/jackson/jake, and gamestate read i think there's probably two

if that town can find gimli as town then suddenly this game becomes much more playable and solvable. so currently that is my goal

i do additionally believe there is probably 1 scum in that group of 3 but i don't particularly care about them right now, id rather try to talk to whoever is town there and hopefully they're open to listening
I am open to listening, I’m not interested in following logic based on PoE or arguments against myself obviously. It’s going to be difficult to convince me against kay/jake and now halfasleep so if you want my brain. Look outside of that for today. If you don’t want gimli, there’s a second wolf we can look for them together.

I do agree with halfasleeps conclusion, I am fairly okay with labelling you town for now. I saw one possible avenue for you being scum, I wanted to shift the town to a more productive place so
I started pushing that but got convinced against it pretty quickly lol which I expected
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1203, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1181, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’d rather die than jake/kay.
Why?
According to your claim, you are a town, assuming they are also a town, What is the difference? Especially since you should be completely sure what your role is, and less about theirs
Or is it like metaphorical Thing
Hyperbole to make a point

wiki // GTKAS
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1198, halfasleep wrote: - if i've learned anything in this game so far it's that i may be even more annoying than i thought i was -
fwiw i think your posting has been very measured and reasonable and pleasant and not annoying at all, if you are indeed new then welcome and i hope to see you around in more games

this is a pocket attempt
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1207, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1198, halfasleep wrote: - if i've learned anything in this game so far it's that i may be even more annoying than i thought i was -
fwiw i think your posting has been very measured and reasonable and pleasant and not annoying at all, if you are indeed new then welcome and i hope to see you around in more games

this is a pocket attempt
Seconded, I needed a voice like yours and you humouring my idea like you did and ISOing fire was hugely appreciated. I respect it a lot, thank you

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:39 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Also a pocket attempt

wiki // GTKAS
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i was just going to joke that you were scum because you seconded the pocket attempt and you beat me to it

foiled again. we'll get em next time
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:42 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1210, fireisredsir wrote: i was just going to joke that you were scum because you seconded the pocket attempt and you beat me to it

foiled again. we'll get em next time
Haha!
You can’t catch me!!

wiki // GTKAS
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:52 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

VC 1.15
Votecount 1.15

Gimli (3):
KayJayQueue, JacksonVirgo, Jake The Wolfie
JacksonVirgo (2):
halfasleep, fireisredsir
awesomeming327 (1):
Gimli

Not Voting (3):
Purplemango, awesomeming327, Thomith

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in
(expired on 2024-03-26 01:07:06).

Mod NotesNone!
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1179, JacksonVirgo wrote: There isn’t scum in Jake/Kay. You say there’s no scum in Gimli and obv yourself. I’m not a wolf. It for sure isn’t halfasleep now. Unless the scum is specifically in ming/purple/thom one of us is wrong. That pool Is almost entirely PoE aside from Thom.
we should flip ming
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:57 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1197, fireisredsir wrote: the thing is that if gimli was scum he could have gotten largely townread and also flipped a town by now

so true bestie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm the only one voting for a potential scum atm
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:00 pm

Post by Gimli »

I hope DE is sitting in his mod PT, proud of his buddy
I'll tie your legs
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:26 pm

Post by Thomith »

In post 1123, JacksonVirgo wrote: I don’t like Gimlis approach to this game. To put it simply it all feels like he wants to push a particular conclusion and builds a case around that instead of what town should be doing which is the exact opposite.
When you say you don't like the appraoch to the game, are you saying that you think this is a scum!Gimli approach? Or is this a more geenral statement?

In post 1179, JacksonVirgo wrote: There isn’t scum in Jake/Kay. You say there’s no scum in Gimli and obv yourself. I’m not a wolf. It for sure isn’t halfasleep now. Unless the scum is specifically in ming/purple/thom one of us is wrong. That pool Is almost entirely PoE aside from Thom.
Why are you so sure there isn't a scum in Jake/Kay?

Rereading/comparing Purple/mings ISO now
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.

I have a Micro Normal currently In Signups (7/9).
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:31 pm

Post by Thomith »

On a reread, I guess I see a difference.
Primarily, Purple tends to be asking questions of other people in an attempt to read people, which on a reread does look like he could genuinely be trying to solve.

ming makes "solving" statements like the below:
In post 83, awesomeming327 wrote: Hot take Purplemango scum
In post 96, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 94, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 91, JupiterXV wrote: gamers do yall think jake voting purple is scum-motivated or not
The comment before the vote makes it seem like an excuse for jumping on a bus (that was only 2 votes at the time, so not even a bus)
Bad answer
VOTE: KayJayQueue

The correct answer is:
3rd vote scum theorem
In post 131, awesomeming327 wrote: oops
anyway jupiter is scum
In post 134, awesomeming327 wrote: stop ateing
But it takes him a while to actually elaborate on any of this, which on a reread makes me question this slot more, as these hard stances are rarely explained it feels like, making them easier to explain away later?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.

I have a Micro Normal currently In Signups (7/9).
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:10 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 1217, Thomith wrote:
In post 1123, JacksonVirgo wrote: I don’t like Gimlis approach to this game. To put it simply it all feels like he wants to push a particular conclusion and builds a case around that instead of what town should be doing which is the exact opposite.
When you say you don't like the appraoch to the game, are you saying that you think this is a scum!Gimli approach? Or is this a more geenral statement?

Why are you so sure there isn't a scum in Jake/Kay?

Rereading/comparing Purple/mings ISO now
Don’t like = I think it’s scummy.
I was planning on going in depth about Jake, I’ve explained Kay.

wiki // GTKAS
halfasleep
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
halfasleep
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:28 am

Post by halfasleep »

In post 1208, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1207, fireisredsir wrote:

this is a pocket attempt
Seconded, I needed a voice like yours and you humouring my idea like you did and ISOing fire was hugely appreciated. I respect it a lot, thank you
In post 1209, JacksonVirgo wrote: Also a pocket attempt
*frantically on the phone to my mum, trying to explain what mafiascum dot net is so i can tell her i'm finally popular*
An optimist would say that I'm half-awake.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1195, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1191, fireisredsir wrote: @halfasleep, for further context, 983 came right after gimli did a dive on purplemango and towncased him which i think was an incredibly unproductive move for scum!gimli to pull there, which is why i had that reaction to it

that was basically the point that pushed me over the edge into thinking he was very likely town, prior to that i was still slightly wary
983 also came after my posts defending purple and possible reasons for his iso vs ming when they were said to be similar.
Something I notice Gimli does is take other people’s ideas and rework them into his own posts to appear to be solving but it’s usually nothing overly original when you take into account the flow of the game whenever he makes posts you read as town
(and I believe he does that for that exact reason, to be town read)
this is absolutely false when it comes to this game btw

my townread on mango, the specific reasoning for the townread on jake, my pretty elaborate scumread on ming, the specific reasoning for the townread on thimoth slot, the evaluation on jacksonvirgo and the locktownread there - and those just from memory - are all blatantly things I brought up alone to the thread. if I'm ever adding anything from other people to my reasonings, it's because I'm solving, not building an invention. I would like to know, tho, the posts where it looks like I'm reworking other people's thoughts into my own to appear towny.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Gimli »

also a lot of what I said about people, if it was said before by someone else, can just be a mindmeld and agreeing to things and looking at the game similarly.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:00 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1220, halfasleep wrote: *frantically on the phone to my mum, trying to explain what mafiascum dot net is so i can tell her i'm finally popular*
*mom I'm popular with the mafia scum*
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:04 am

Post by Gimli »

I would like to point out that KJQ failed at showing anything resembling a coherent reasoning for scumreading me and then said something completely and blatantly false about my posts (which, even if true, wouldn't even be scummy, and can be said about everyone at any given time).
I'll tie your legs

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”