open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 am

Post by tired person »

In post 713, May wrote: HURT: Implosion HEAL: the worst?
I hope implosion just posts something townie and the slot feels like really good occam's razor town again

If I wasn't cooking too hard because it already is
going from healing my strongest scumread to my third strongest scumread is a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.
also have i mentioned i am going to sheep may?
HURT: Implosion HEAL: the worst
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:57 am

Post by tired person »

In post 708, the worst wrote:
In post 697, May wrote: Hot take it is a mistake to try to guess the exact team at this point
Fairly strongly agreed, I think my solve isn't experience/Aventurine as a team so much as 1-2 scum in experience/Aventurine and I wonder who im townreading incorrectly.
that's what's baffling me bc u seem to not be actually concerned with finding out all that much.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:58 am

Post by tired person »

In post 719, the worst wrote: confession time. Black should be town but has relentlessly scumposted since I replaced in :lol:
that might actually be tru tho
I'm tired.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:04 am

Post by Black »

In post 719, the worst wrote: confession time. Black should be town but has relentlessly scumposted since I replaced in :lol:
You are tripping. You don't know how to read me lol
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:04 am

Post by Black »

I'm down to leave Implosion out of the list tbh. Kinda paranoid there
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:06 am

Post by Black »

In post 588, Black wrote: Hi new people!
In post 623, Black wrote: The replacements have definitely reinvigorated this game
In post 624, Black wrote: So many new posts and so little time to read them. I'll try to reevaluate after work
In post 643, Black wrote: Ok I'm fine with the Moros list for now

HURT: Tsawwassen
HEAL: May
In post 673, Black wrote:
In post 671, Tsawwassen wrote:

Are ya lost girl? You never healed me according to the VC 2 posts above :lol:

And I don't know about putting Aventurine in the coalition, I haven't really felt their presence lately
Yes I am lol. Replacements gave me whiplash
In post 675, Black wrote: HURT: all

I'll reset and dedicate some time to this tomorrow
How are these scum posts?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 am

Post by the worst »

In post 728, Black wrote:
You are tripping. You don't know how to read me lol
I'm not even thinking ur scum tbh but read the last 10 posts of ur iso lol
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 am

Post by the worst »

In post 726, tired person wrote:
In post 708, the worst wrote:
In post 697, May wrote: Hot take it is a mistake to try to guess the exact team at this point
Fairly strongly agreed, I think my solve isn't experience/Aventurine as a team so much as 1-2 scum in experience/Aventurine and I wonder who im townreading incorrectly.
that's what's baffling me bc u seem to not be actually concerned with finding out all that much.
I feel like I should reply to this but idk how so just gonna say:

ok
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:19 am

Post by the worst »

In post 730, Black wrote:
In post 623, Black wrote: The replacements have definitely reinvigorated this game
In post 624, Black wrote: So many new posts and so little time to read them. I'll try to reevaluate after work

And I don't know about putting Aventurine in the coalition, I haven't really felt their presence lately

I think maybe it's a joke for an older generation of players I might be out of touch

these are exactly on brand lurker scum posts :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:31 am

Post by the worst »

For the record I think tired is very likely to be town because while I stand by everything I said previously, I think their play here is necessarily a charismatic one and I think playing anti-charismatically against my very loud replace in is a fairly strong indicator of a town mindset

unless tired is scum with someone else who is widely townread in which case 2 scum in the coalition isn't even a bad outcome!! but I think it's town indicative
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:32 am

Post by the worst »

HEAL: Moros

prefer this to the coalition w me in it but I'll sign off on either.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:35 am

Post by Black »

In post 733, the worst wrote:
In post 730, Black wrote:

I think maybe it's a joke for an older generation of players I might be out of touch

these are exactly on brand lurker scum posts :P
It's also on brand busy town posts but go off king :lol:
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 am

Post by the worst »

I was born going off and I will die still going off. :crown:
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 am

Post by Black »

I have a small window before work to skim and a small window after work to really sit down and put some thought into the game. Unfortunately I haven't felt like playing Mafia after work this week but I'll try to at least sheep someone else's list
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:37 am

Post by Black »

In post 737, the worst wrote: I was born going off and I will die still going off. :crown:
SLAY
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:42 am

Post by the worst »

:nail_care:
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:44 am

Post by implosion »

I mean if there is large paranoia of me then i'm okay not being on the coalition but i do think i can assuage the paranoia in principle. i'm just sort of having trouble getting back into the game since the lull tbh.

I don't think black is scum, i do agree that her posting fell off in some way but i remember feeling like there were consistent townpings at the right time that i don't think that falling off is particularly likely to be meaningful
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 8:46 am

Post by the worst »

I think folks subbing you out of the coalition is probably a temporary mass hallucination or something.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 am

Post by tired person »

In post 733, the worst wrote: these are exactly on brand lurker scum posts :P
that's what i also thought but i think the rest of her posting is town enough to just ignore that.
In post 734, the worst wrote: For the record I think tired is very likely to be town because while I stand by everything I said previously, I think their play here is necessarily a charismatic one and I think playing anti-charismatically against my very loud replace in is a fairly strong indicator of a town mindset
i genuinely have no idea what u just said here with my play being both charismatic and anti-charismatic. however i can agree that it's town indicative for me to approach your slot as well as implosion's in a stubbornly obstinate manner (i think that's what u meant by playing anti-charimatically). would u be amenable to unhealing implosion and healing urself and calling it a day? or even healing black if u deign to townread her.
I'm tired.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 am

Post by May »

In post 724, implosion wrote:
In post 711, May wrote: maybe this is paranoid but I feel like implosion is finding too much comfort zone in a vanity town read on umlautslot.
At a certain point it's more organic to be relieved that maybe you got more info about something that was maybe a mistake on a low volume positive content slot (this is kind of how I feel about cutter B becomes tired person).
A mafia!implosion knows that the side project has become classified as an earnest thing and all focus becomes good focus
I don't really see how I've gotten "maybe more info" about anything. I've gotten no info on that slot since I declared it hard town on like page four because I don't really consider lurking to be alignment-indicative. I consider it to be an annoying information vacuum. Most games I play, I play through PoE, and it's pretty normal for me to get annoyed at slots that I feel aren't doing anything to allow me to possibly take them out of the PoE. The fact that I hard townread the slot earlier is just icing on that.

I have more to say on the game and stuff but in a meeting atm
It's written in past tense because it's hypotheticals and the verb tense for a hypothetical doesn't matter. I thought the parallelization to tired person's rep-in would make that easier to parse

You made a post specifically hoping that in the future, Umlaut's replacement comes in and posts in a townish way. I would expect you to equally hope the new player open wolfs if you're town.
Do you see how at least on the surface this would look like a lack of curiosity to me? Like yes it's null but it's not "gee I wonder why he dropped of the earth was I right?" it's " gee I hope I get some stuff I can use to maintain my platform of my hard umlaut townread [so I can look like I'm doing things again]"
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:09 am

Post by May »

Maybe this is stupid it's extremely level zero

But it bugs me
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:12 am

Post by May »

Repping out isnt exactly AI but when the repout is the reason you can't see four more "I'm having trouble getting a foothold on this game, can someone spoon-feed me that May is scum?" some essays that weren't turned in needed to be graded F ykno
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 am

Post by implosion »

In post 744, May wrote: You made a post specifically hoping that in the future, Umlaut's replacement comes in and posts in a townish way. I would expect you to equally hope the new player open wolfs if you're town.
Do you see how at least on the surface this would look like a lack of curiosity to me? Like yes it's null but it's not "gee I wonder why he dropped of the earth was I right?" it's " gee I hope I get some stuff I can use to maintain my platform of my hard umlaut townread [so I can look like I'm doing things again]"
I might just not be understanding the point but like, my feeling on that Umlaut read at the time I acquired it was "this is something I want to be obstinate on". Like, I don't remember exactly when but I think some recent game I was thinking about the idea of reading people off of single posts/things and relying on a particularly impactful single thing to rely on for the rest of the game, but like, it isn't *literally* that, obviously. So I felt pretty obstinate about it for a long time and then I guess that obstinance turned into my feelings toward the slot aggravatingly fizzling out. I don't really know why i would have wanted the new player to open wolf, i'm not sure what you mean by that, like, the comment i made about wanting experience to be town was sort of a mostly-joke about protecting my own ego, and i think that me believing someone to be open wolfing is something i can think of like twice off the top of my head i've ever felt that way in my history on this site and one of them was wrong
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:22 am

Post by May »

The point is that you should be equally interested in positive and negative info about the slot
Did you genuinely misunderstand that the open wolf hyperbole was shorthand/rhetorical device
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:27 am

Post by the worst »

In post 743, tired person wrote:
In post 733, the worst wrote: these are exactly on brand lurker scum posts :P
that's what i also thought but i think the rest of her posting is town enough to just ignore that.
In post 734, the worst wrote: For the record I think tired is very likely to be town because while I stand by everything I said previously, I think their play here is necessarily a charismatic one and I think playing anti-charismatically against my very loud replace in is a fairly strong indicator of a town mindset
i genuinely have no idea what u just said here with my play being both charismatic and anti-charismatic. however i can agree that it's town indicative for me to approach your slot as well as implosion's in a stubbornly obstinate manner (i think that's what u meant by playing anti-charimatically). would u be amenable to unhealing implosion and healing urself and calling it a day? or even healing black if u deign to townread her.
ur saying u don't understand my point then restating my point in ur own words which further PROVES my POINT AAAHHH

sure whatever, I'm about to fly, my preference there is implosion >>> myself > black I think

increasing the urgency of sorting black feels stressful if that's a failing coalition

including myself increases odds of a successful coalition fmpov significantly

I think implosion is town and don't see him getting harder to read if the coalition fails

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”