Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 949, SnowStorm wrote:I actually feel like a newb here... Sometimes even at Westeros. It's your read on me that is wrong, Regfan. I don't know what else I can do to prove it. Yeah, I can scumhunt, that's easier said than done, and it's not like I've tried, but it seems most of you ignored it. In fact, I think most of the you are just parking your vote on the biggest wagons and relieved that the wagon is not on you.

This response right here is a really good reason not to lynch SnowStorm today.

P-Edit: Wow, you guys actually made him claim? *sigh*
Permanent V/LA.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Yes, we want a nameclaim + the partner to vouch for him. Then we'll see about swinging this elsewhere.

PEdit: MoS, is that a claim?
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:55 pm

No comment.
Permanent V/LA.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by Benmage »

MoS you haven't done shit today... and everything I said was true.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 974, Benmage wrote:Oh nameclaim I guess cant hurt...

I'm Little Walder Frey.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 pm

In post 978, Benmage wrote:MoS you haven't done shit today... and everything I said was true.

There are better options out there, and there were before. You parking your vote on the largest wagon was a dumb move.
Permanent V/LA.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Benmage »

I highly doubt scum go hailmairy D1 when there's likely other killing entites... I see no harm in the partner claiming.

Unvote vote bvoigt
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 980, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 978, Benmage wrote:MoS you haven't done shit today... and everything I said was true.

There are better options out there, and there were before. You parking your vote on the largest wagon was a dumb move.

I disagreed beforehand that Sala was better than Snow. So there was really no alternative for me.. and I don't think Sala was a viable alternative prior to this anyways.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I think it's safe for me to go to sleep now...
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

I still want a partner claim, but there's no point in stalling this and give time for one of my town reads to get wagoned.

If you're SnowStorm's mason buddy, this is your time to claim. Otherwise your Frey friend eats rope.

UNVOTE: SnowStorm
VOTE: bvoigt

In post 957, bvoigt wrote:This is actually a good point. SnowStorm is definitely a better lynch than Minimum, though
obviously
Sala is my first choice.
While I have hardly paid attention to bvoigt so far, I really dislike the smug wording in this line. (
Emphasis
mine.) And it's by far the least awful of the main wagons.

My
sword
gentle words
sprigs of hemlock
vote is yours, Plum/Nacho. Use it wisely.
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:21 pm

No comment.
Permanent V/LA.
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Good thing I'm asking 24 other people besides you, heh, MoS?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Post by BBmolla »

UNVOTE:

And I thought I could bus my Mason buddy :(
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 pm

In post 986, Tyene Sand wrote:Good thing I'm asking 24 other people besides you, heh, MoS?

They're not going to say anything either.
Permanent V/LA.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 988, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
In post 986, Tyene Sand wrote:Good thing I'm asking 24 other people besides you, heh, MoS?

They're not going to say anything either.

And they shouldn't.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:51 pm

Exactly. Good to know you're town in this game, Tammy.
Permanent V/LA.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by Feysal »

Finally. The end of the thread.

In post 619, greenknight wrote:In fact, isoing Feysal, he leaves the Starbuck vote there for a while before switching to Snow with another dubious tell - IMO town having trouble settling on scum reads day 1 is reasonably common, and I don't see how it is valid to use the example of a scum in another game who had trouble finding reads for the entire game vs half of day 1. Again this sort of going after easy targets is not what I expect from town Feysal, in the two games I've played with Feysal as town he went aggressively after whom he perceived to be the biggest threat (MoI), with better reasoning.

As a matter of fact, Mikujin ceased to post halfway through day one and then replaced out, so it was a fair comparison. In any case, I was thinking the same thing kortul said in post , namely that if SnowStorm is used to short and highly active days, and not using meta while scumhunting, there is no town reason for him to have been this passive.

I don't read MoI as scum this game, and when I have gone after him in past games it was not because I saw him as the greatest threat, just my strongest suspect. And do you seriously think I suspect Starbuck over a mere theory disagreement, or that she would be an easy target? It amazes me how she has been able to get through the day doing nothing without any more suspicion on her, and seeing people call her town for her absurd self-choice is infuriating. Fortunately that is about to end. In her last big post she slipped up at last and contradicted her own story, but that case deserves its own post.

In post 653, Plessiezarus wrote:People have already pointed out that Post 247 is a bad post. There's no good reason to choose somebody you think is a bad lynch (and Tyene's stance on choosing had earlier been that you should choose people you'd want to lynch; see for instance Post 45). Her responses when challenged about this post (see Post 261-, Post 569) seem disingenuous - she spends a lot of time focusing on things other than the incongruity of choosing somebody you've just called "a bad lynch".

This has already been resolved, but I am surprised it ever became an issue. After the way she switched her vote and choice in post I thought her meaning was obvious - that while choices should be used as a second lynch, the choice should be on the more capable shot, or lesser suspect. I'm not sure why she would have trusted me with a kill, since I don't think I've ever succeeded at targeting scum when I've had a killing role, but I agree with her on not trusting redFF with it.

In post 710, Lyanna Stark wrote:
Feysal
Can you explain for me your town read on MoI? Are you not the least bit paranoid?

I answered this one already I believe.

In post 720, Shadow1psc wrote:Welcome to day 1. I like swords.

Congratulations, this post effectively summarizes the entire day so far.

In post 750, Shinori wrote:Town reads on, Feysal

This surprises me, and I think besides Regfan you're the only one. Mind explaining why?

In post 798, Tyene Sand wrote:The jabs between Tammy and me are (currently) playful and rather evident of that. Look at our flavor alts, look at the Houses, look at a certain Targaryen with rubies in his armor. Dorne does not have particularly good relations with Winterfell. It's RP banter, because that's
fun

I'm actually not very knowledgeable about the flavor at all, having neither read the books or seen the series. I looked up Lyanna Stark in a wiki when I had a free moment, but I don't know a damn thing about Dorne or the Sand Snakes. Anyway, I get role play, having played those games myself, but post seemed to imply there was something more to it, so I asked.

In post 798, Tyene Sand wrote:I really don't like how you're devoting so much time to things that are null in nature and proven by interactions in previous games; this is not something I could conceivably lie about as either alignment, as the forums are riddled with proof of what I think about this subset of people. So how do you think this is helping you get a read on me, Feysal?

I don't. I ask about things that catch my interest or confuse me, and don't stop to think about how useful the answers will turn out to be. They either are or not. It may surprise you that your responses have given me a better read of you. Not quite the obvious town so many others call you, but better.

As for checking the forums for proof, has it escaped your notice that this is the first time since
page three
that I have been able to post while completely caught up? I may look at your meta in some days if we both live that long, and there are other things I would like to do such as dismantle this wagon of village idiots, lurkers and replacements who have parked their choices on me, but I haven't been able to do any of that while all my free time has gone into trying not to flake out of this runaway train wreck waiting to happen. I noticed you pulled an all-nighter earlier, which speaks well for your motivation. I have just pulled my second one this week to catch up with this, and hopefully get something done.

In post 913, Shadow1psc wrote:I don't know that I've seen town benmage exasperated at the amount of content in a game before.

Maybe not exasperated, but I remember him struggling to keep up in Court of the Gods.

As for current reads, BBmolla is town. That reaction test with Tammy was just another reason why, I could have said earlier this was not the scum BBmolla I saw lynched in another game recently. I'm slowly warming up to Minimum, and of the other hydras Plessie and Pandora are obvious town. Not Dredd though. I don't like the repeated contradicting reads and lack of effort to sort out their differences, for example Arthur casually listing Pandora as a town read after Alek loudly proclaimed they were my scum partners. Tammy, Regfan, Mockingjaye and Plumamma are all strong town reads, kortul, Jal and StefanB are weaker ones. Benmage is playing like his usual self. I also like the point BBmolla made about Shinori, and I think the tell is made stronger rather than weaker by Shinori admitting his friend is not new to mafia and offering meta on him.

That is it for now. Time to pass out and be dead to the world for a few hours.

Preview edit: the last page is 40 now? Two new pages just while I was writing this. I'll deal with that later.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

It wasn't a reaction test.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Okay then, what was your purpose for calling me scum for teasing MoS/Tierce for bickering and talking to Mina about a perceived disingenuous statement. Because really those were two really odd things to pull out of my entire contribution to call me scum for.
Winter is Coming

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 892, Regfan wrote:Lyanna, I'll admit the fact the hydra-partner of Shinoris isn't 'new' does weaken the town-tell but while he may be nervous and weak as scum I don't think his solution to counter that would be bringing into it another player he has to have hydra-interactions with since they'd have to fake read disagreements ect.

Tierce, redeeming factor of Amruns slot is that it was Pappums and I had a town-read on him. Need content from her soon though, like real soon.

DCL, the point and comments you were trying to 'catch yourself up with' were useless and spending time trying to try and get aquainted with it is and was pointless, the time would be much better of served actually reading the game. And I don't expect 28 reads at all but 5 reads with 1 of them being entirely a sheeping of a town read is literally no contribuition and content whatsoever, there's no need to post snippets here and there when you're not caught up with the game. Natural town thought process is catch-up, then post reads. Not post 1-2 reads then catch-up, the later is more likely from scum wanting to seem contributory and active. The "Adding more later" does nothing for me, especially when your reads and post insinuated you'd read a decent portion of the thread which isn't the case if those were your only reads that you had to elaborate on. Oh and also can you link me to a town and a scum game where you've replaced into please.

Re: Shinori - That was my gut reaction to seeing his hydra post. Although, it might be a little unfair of me, admittedly, but I've yet to see him (or a slot he was assigned) as town. However, his admitting that his friend hasn't been playing that long and is probably not as good as him at scum seemed very natural. As scum, he has a tendency to get a little over defensive and answer in really overexplanatory ways (as in the recently completed Leprachaun mafia.) I did like him offering up his friend's meta, but he did do that with his own meta as scum in Kingdom Hearts when he was scum. But, even though I haven't liked a couple of his posts, I'm sensing a feeling of relaxation in his posts which has me leaning town.

Re: SatanCat - I don't exactly think that's a fair assessment of replacement strategy (idk on the proper word. It's late and I'm tired.) Any way, I've replaced into quite a few games over the past few months and I don't always read the game thread first and then give my reads. It really all depends on my mood/game state/who's around when I replace in/whatever when I replace in. I've been known as both town and as scum to skim the last couple pages and interact. I've been known as town to jump in and interact before reading anything. I've been known as both town and scum to read the entire game and give a list of reads before doing anything. It just really all depends. I can see your point on the rest of it, but the replacement strategy seems like you're applying your thought process to his and that doesn't work for everyone.

In post 897, Starbuck wrote:So I'm leaving for Atlanta here in a bit for Dragon Con, so I'll be V/LA until at least next Weds. I will have my laptop and be able to check in.

Can someone sum up the current wagons for me?

Yeah, it's call ISO's.

In post 905, Plessiezarus wrote:
@ the Stark-Girl:

We have a fairly strong read on both ScumStorm & MiniScum (I've been wanting to use that name for a bit xD), the former being in the OMG-SO-SCUM tier for both of us, while the latter I have a weaker confidence about (mostly because Mina's annoyance reads as legit to me, and I don't feel confident about hypo-MinaScum going about poking MoI as much; my opinion on CES' remains unchanged, though). Anyway, your comment "still can't get to town on SnowStorm" in , seems to imply there's something about him making you hesitant about considering him obvscum here. What is it?

~.Zar

Nothing I can put my finger on and if his claim is a real claim then hmm... There are several reasons why I could tell you why he's scum, but there are little flashes of the SnowStorm that I know who gets intimidated and tends not to contribute much at times and becomes easy lynch bait. He hasn't given me any good reason to think he's town, but I also get caught up on calling him scum, and it could just be as simple as him seeming genuinely baffled that people think he's scum. By logic he's scum, but it just feels too easy somehow.

I know that it's past this question, but what do you think about his mason claim?

I don't see any reason why hypo-MinaScum wouldn't poke at MoI though. Maybe a weak scum player, but I don't view Mina as a weak scum player.
Winter is Coming

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 993, Lyanna Stark wrote:Okay then, what was your purpose for calling me scum for teasing MoS/Tierce for bickering and talking to Mina about a perceived disingenuous statement. Because really those were two really odd things to pull out of my entire contribution to call me scum for.

I thought you were scum. It gave me scummy vibes.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 995, BBmolla wrote:
In post 993, Lyanna Stark wrote:Okay then, what was your purpose for calling me scum for teasing MoS/Tierce for bickering and talking to Mina about a perceived disingenuous statement. Because really those were two really odd things to pull out of my entire contribution to call me scum for.

I thought you were scum. It gave me scummy vibes.

So, when I'm having fun, you think I'm scum :( Do I really come across like a stick in the mud who's always super serious?
Winter is Coming

Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Post by Pandora »

>.> i don't think they have the First Amendment in Canada..

I glanced over here and saw 'claim'. Well shit. Tierce, why is MoS the one talking sense here? We're anticipating a ton of deaths tonight and the nights after. Can we try to make it a choice instead of putting up 'comf town shoot here' signs?

bvoight wagon seems like it would just be a deadline rush. I've never had good luck with these but ugh I don't want to run Salamance up either. I hate everything. -_-
##Unvote
##Vote: bvoight

I also put forth the suggestion that if people want to start up practically void wagons that there's a cat right there begging for votes.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Re: Greenknight - I remember thinking he was scum during the beginning of day one in the game we played together, and he's kind of reminding me of that here. As I said before, I'm not a big fan of his posts, but I'm not reading him as scum either.

So so so tired of Shadow doing nothing but sniping from the sidelines. Like really, I suppose according to he's got some magnificent ~role~ he knows will keep him off the lynch/choose wagon but does that mean we have to be subjected to an entire game full of sniping/cutesy gifs/gloating type posts??? Like seriously, can we just lynch/choose him and be done with it? Please???

VOTE: Shadow

I realize this votes means nothing and I'll be moving it tomorrow, but if I had my ice cream and dreams of lynches it would be this one.

Meh, I don't know what to make of bvoigt. We just finished a game together in which he was scum and I got a scum read on him pretty quickly but that might have been due to his reaction to a reaction test. I don't like his responses in regard to satancat though. Feels natural enough, but the bit about town not defending themselves...eh...he used this as part of his case against me being scum when I wasn't in the game we just finished. I'm not sure I can be partial here...but he doesn't feel the same as when he was scum. But, I've seen him make a case against someone (me) when he was scum and it didn't look like his reasons for voting Sala.

Bvoigt - I talked about Shinori a bit, but since you were his partner, you should know more. Anyway, he seems much more relaxed than any of the times I've seen him as scum. But, he hasn't posted enough for me to get a real read on him yet.

In post 984, Tyene Sand wrote:
In post 957, bvoigt wrote:This is actually a good point. SnowStorm is definitely a better lynch than Minimum, though
obviously
Sala is my first choice.
While I have hardly paid attention to bvoigt so far, I really dislike the smug wording in this line. (
Emphasis
mine.) And it's by far the least awful of the main wagons.

:? Someone saying obviously is indicative of smug wording?

In post 991, Feysal wrote:
In post 798, Tyene Sand wrote:The jabs between Tammy and me are (currently) playful and rather evident of that. Look at our flavor alts, look at the Houses, look at a certain Targaryen with rubies in his armor. Dorne does not have particularly good relations with Winterfell. It's RP banter, because that's
fun

I'm actually not very knowledgeable about the flavor at all, having neither read the books or seen the series. I looked up Lyanna Stark in a wiki when I had a free moment, but I don't know a damn thing about Dorne or the Sand Snakes. Anyway, I get role play, having played those games myself, but post seemed to imply there was something more to it, so I asked.

Meh...the RP banter is fun, but you're right to read more there admittedly especially in , and while I could say more on the topic, I'll just say that some people can't let past in game conflicts go and feel the need to assert their own sense of superiority over others. It's sad, but some people just can't understand that people are different than they are and feel the need to assert they'd rather not have them around than deal with the minor discomfort of having them around (and not recognize that they aren't perfect themselves...it's kind of weird). The utter sadness over the situation and the pity I feel for her as a person right now is amplified by her statement that her feeling over the subset of us is written all over the forums. meh...whatever.

Yes, you already answered about MoI. The reason I asked was because in GvE, you went after him day one even though his hydra seemed pretty obvtown. And then the next day when Pine said he investigated MoI and others were giving him a hard time for his investigation, you said that you'd never fault him for investigating MoI due to the shameless lies he's known for. So, it struck me as odd that mid-day one you were saying he was town as I thought that you were just legitimately paranoid him as a player.

I felt like there was something else I was going to say and it's gone now...it's late.

Choose:Minimum

If you're SnowStorm's Mason Buddy keep your mouth shut. Don't listen to the rabble. Snowstorm can give us the name of his buddy if we need it, but if he's really a town mason, his days are numbered. There's no reason to make the other mason be the other night one choice if we lynch/choose scum or killed before his time. We can revisit this in a couple days. The only people/person that should
maybe
speak up is anyone who can disprove the claim.

-----------------------

I'm going to be as active as I can until about 9 pm est on Friday. This is my birthday weekend and I have friends coming to visit and celebrate. I'm going to be trashed. I'll do what I can, but can't promise much. They think it's rude for me to play mafia instead of be attentive for some reason :?

Panshadow - <3
Winter is Coming

kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kortul »

While all the points why i think that SnowStorm is scum are still valid for me, mason claim during early stages of the game is one of those cases where i am willing to unvote even without some kind of proof/confirmation. Even if this is a gambit, if we have several scum parties one of them will shut him down just in case he is some PR of an opposite scum team.

UNVOTE: SnowStorm

But i do hope, that if Snow is town, he will wake up and become more alive now, since he is experienced enough and should realize, that with this claim his days are limited one way or another.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”