BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3800 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 am

Post by BBmolla »

In post 3797, Minimum wrote:BBmolla, have you ever read A Dance with Dragons?

Nope.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3801 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Minimum »

Randyll Tarly as a JOAT makes a lot more sense than Kevan Lannister as an...I...don't even know what. The "plot armour" is stupid in itself (although...he...does survive to the epilogue). But I need to reread the epilogue of ADwD, and I don't recall Kevan having any knowledge of Aegon's forces being divided. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I also don't think it's completely unheard of to give someone a one-shot ability similar (although I agree that multiple roleblocking-jailkeeping interactions are ugly, and Faraday hates that).

In fact, the claim only makes sense as a fakeclaim if someone on 4nxi3ty's scumteam coached him to make it. There's no way he'd coincidentally claim the same thing as Pine last game (although the abilities are different).

I also don't have particularly strong suspicions of 4nxi3ty anymore, and it feels like this wagon came completely out of nowhere. No one so much as looked at him until it gained momentum, and all of a sudden: "Ooh, a mislynch just fell from the sky! Let's sheep Nacho and quicklynch him."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3802 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:02 am

Post by BBmolla »

I don't know what to tell you, it just says I know this kingdom inside and out and explains the stuff about Aegon being split.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3803 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

Unvote

@Minimum - your current issue seems to be 'speed' paired with an 'I agree the role doesn't seem to pan out' so...? What do you wish to discuss exactly?
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3804 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:33 am

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 3801, Minimum wrote:Randyll Tarly as a JOAT makes a lot more sense than Kevan Lannister as an...I...don't even know what. The "plot armour" is stupid in itself (although...he...does survive to the epilogue). But I need to reread the epilogue of ADwD, and I don't recall Kevan having any knowledge of Aegon's forces being divided. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I also don't think it's completely unheard of to give someone a one-shot ability similar (although I agree that multiple roleblocking-jailkeeping interactions are ugly, and Faraday hates that).

Flavorwise, it makes sense for Kevan Lannister to be a threat to Aegon-scum.
So, how exactly are you going to do that? Give him information about Aegon, and make sure that Aegon isn't able to kill him immediately. Cool. It also makes sense because Grand Maester Pycelle will not be able to save Kevan in role interactions in the game, most likely. It's a one-shot ability, and plot armor wears out on N4, so most likely, Kevan will be vulnerable and no one will be able to save him. THIS makes sense flavor-wise.

Setup-wise, it makes sense to put the non-consecutive roleblocker with the Torturer. The torturer is a powerful role, and because it is so powerful, it most likely will not survive late into the game. But late-game is where roleblocking excels, so the non-consecutive roleblocker is added in so it can get a couple of innocents once the scumteams go down. But a JOAT? With a rolecop, a roleblocker, and a one-shot bulletproof that isn't used up when it doesn't work? That's to make sure one player doesn't have strong reads that can fuck you over, kills one power role, and makes sure you survive one crosskill. And AV's rolestopper can specifically work to fuck that one-shot roleblock over.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3805 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Magua »

Holy fuck people, if your argument begins with, "Well, in the flavor..." then it is a
bad argument
. Faraday gives out safeclaims. Woop de shit. It's either going to be a real claim or a safeclaim.

BBmolla's claim is weird, and I can't help but feel that he's leaving something out. But 4nxiety's has all the hallmarks of a scum that's claiming parts or pieces of their actual role.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3806 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Minimum »

...actually, no, unless Faraday has changed his modding style.

Faraday gives safe NAMES, and writes you flavoured PMs when you ask for it. He doesn't actually suggest a particular ROLE for you to fakeclaim. So if Anxiety is fakeclaiming JOAT or BBmolla...whatever he is, they personally came up with the roles themselves.

There probably is scum in {BBmolla, 4nxi3ty, AurorusVox}, though.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3807 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Minimum »

Magua, is there a reason you never answered this:

-Magua, explain your current read on Thor. Explain your PREVIOUS read on Thor. Also, I don't think you ever explained why we dropped off your suspect list (or at least, why you stopped mentioning us as a potential scumread). Lastly, do you think it's fair to say that you aren't playing at all as protown or as engaged as you usually do, and that you're going through the motions? Do you believe that you're playing this game the way you would as scum in multiball?
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3808 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 3806, Minimum wrote:...actually, no, unless Faraday has changed his modding style.

Faraday gives safe NAMES, and writes you flavoured PMs when you ask for it. He doesn't actually suggest a particular ROLE for you to fakeclaim. So if Anxiety is fakeclaiming JOAT or BBmolla...whatever he is, they personally came up with the roles themselves.

There probably is scum in {BBmolla, 4nxi3ty, AurorusVox}, though.

AV has the only active protective role in the game.
BBMolla has claimed bullshit flavor for Kevan Lannister. BBMolla is smart enough to ask for a flavoured PM if he is scum, but doesn't really care that much because he's town so he's going to heavily paraphrase. Also has bulletproof.
AV has the only active protective role in the game. HE IS NOT SCUM.
4nxi3ty has claimed one-shot powers that THREE OTHER PEOPLE have claimed/been proven to have before him.
The choice is as clear as day.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3809 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 3805, Magua wrote:BBmolla's claim is weird, and I can't help but feel that he's leaving something out. But 4nxiety's has all the hallmarks of a scum that's claiming parts or pieces of their actual role.

There is nothing else there except some flavor text.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #3810 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 3808, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:BBMolla has claimed bullshit flavor for Kevan Lannister.

Explain?
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3811 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 3810, BBmolla wrote:
In post 3808, Plums Yo Mamma wrote:BBMolla has claimed bullshit flavor for Kevan Lannister.

Explain?

bullshit flavor = "lazily given" flavor
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3812 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 3807, Minimum wrote:Magua, is there a reason you never answered this:

-Magua, explain your current read on Thor. Explain your PREVIOUS read on Thor. Also, I don't think you ever explained why we dropped off your suspect list (or at least, why you stopped mentioning us as a potential scumread). Lastly, do you think it's fair to say that you aren't playing at all as protown or as engaged as you usually do, and that you're going through the motions? Do you believe that you're playing this game the way you would as scum in multiball?

I never answered it because I missed it. When are you referring to current/previous reads?

My previous read on Thor was town because he was shit-stirring and making trouble for himself in a situation where it seemed more advantageous for scum to, well, not do these things. He's continued essentially picking fights with just about everyone who was considered town or confirmed town.

Current read is mitigated more scummy because of his tunneling on Zdenek who is town, and the actual physically repulsion to the reading of the back and forth between him and Zdenek.

As for me, game's been a bit of a drag. I hate large games (20+ people) because the signal-to-noise ratio is much higher than I can stand, and I replaced in here because Faraday was begging and whining about the number of replacements and I wanted to cut him a break. So I never really started off and I've only picked up and gotten emotionally invested in specific parts, one of which was Timeater, which I was wrong about.

If I was scum, I'd play exactly like this except I would've shot the fuck out of Regfan the first goddamn chance I had because he can read me just about instantly (see: Strategy Mafia).
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3813 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

magua can you please tell mina she is being paranoid as fuck and need to get on this sweet wagon and let AV hammer
I would prefer we go out with an all town wagon on scum, just because that would be super fucking sick
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3814 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Minimum »

Nacho, isn't a one-shot jailkeeper that's part of a JOAT's toolkit essentially the same amount of protective power as a one-shot rolestopper? Never mind that I'd argue a one-shot (or four night) bulletproof is a lot stronger in the way of protective power than a single-use rolestopper. With masons, I could see Faraday relying on passive ways to block the nightkill rather than a doctor.

(But we could rationalize anything by set-up speculation. My opinion is based in large part on my finding 4nxi3ty's play less scummy than AV's and BBmolla's--although the latter gets some town points for the sheer WTF-factor.)

In post 3803, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote

@Minimum - your current issue seems to be 'speed' paired with an 'I agree the role doesn't seem to pan out' so...? What do you wish to discuss exactly?

Um...that last part is pretty much the opposite what I said, given that my post was mostly reasons in
support
of 4nxi3ty's claim (although given the game state, of course I'm not confident about it)...

...but you're still scum, so it's all good. :P
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3815 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 6, Votecount 7

Zdenek (1) - 4nx3ty
Thor665 (2) - Minimum, Zdenek
4nx3ty (4) - Magua, Plums Yo Mamma, Tyene Sand, BBmolla

Not Voting (4):
kortul, AurorusVox, Pandora, Thor665

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: 13th November at 19:00pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-11-13 15:00:47)
kortul is V/la
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3816 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

Minimum wrote:Nacho, isn't a one-shot jailkeeper that's part of a JOAT's toolkit essentially the same amount of protective power as a one-shot rolestopper? Never mind that I'd argue a one-shot (or four night) bulletproof is a lot stronger in the way of protective power than a single-use rolestopper. With masons, I could see Faraday relying on passive ways to block the nightkill rather than a doctor.

No. A one-shot rolestopper allows a claimed PR to use their power for one more night (no roleblocks, no redirects, no NOTHING) and still be protected, which is HUGE when we're talking about a role as powerful as the Torturer. Bulletproofs are not as powerful because it's a crapshoot; will the bulletproof fall into a strong town player's hands, or a weak town player? It makes too much of a difference, so there needs to be *something* that can actively protect that outed PR claim.

Minimum wrote:(But we could rationalize anything by set-up speculation. My opinion is based in large part on my finding 4nxi3ty's play less scummy than AV's and BBmolla's--although the latter gets some town points for the sheer WTF-factor.)

Rationalize Anxiety's role using setup speculation.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3817 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3814, Minimum wrote:
In post 3803, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote

Um...that last part is pretty much the opposite what I said, given that my post was mostly reasons in
support
of 4nxi3ty's claim (although given the game state, of course I'm not confident about it)...

...but you're still scum, so it's all good. :P

"Thor is being silly by suggesting I don't really support the role.
By the way, I don't really support the role.

Thor iz scumz!"

Totally accurate paraphrase.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3818 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Okay, so here's my current take on this Anx business.

The badish.

1. MockingJaye does fit in with any scum team.

2. The fact that he supported a mass-claim while both not intending to claim himself, and not wanting to Minimum to claim. This shows cognitive dissonance. Considering the amount of power that's already flipped/claimed and his bulletproof claim, I think that this could easily be him trying to get a doc outed provides scum motivation.

3. The Rolecop/roleblocker aspect of his role in the presence of the torturer and the Frey-cop.

In post 3067, 4nxi3ty wrote:I am randyll tarly, basically a joat, last night I investigated regfan and got back cersei lannister as a character name.
had a one shot roleblock that mockingjaye used on dolorous edd.
there is another aspect to my role that was used night two and night three that I do not want to reveal if possible.

In post 3747, 4nxi3ty wrote:I don't have 6+ abilities, I only have 3, one of which that was active the other nights but hasn't been used up.

In post 3785, 4nxi3ty wrote:dammit nacho, i am town, and i have a one shot bulletproof that can't be used the same night as other abilities.

That could be a miswording, but it might also just be him being lying scum using the possibility of having another action to cover for the possibility gf begin tracked, and then forgetting that he did it. Shinori was still in the game when he claimed first.

The goodish:

1. MockingJaye was rather aggressive in her pushes.

2. He's been pushing this garbage case on me, which makes me angry, but it's not scummy. The fact is that as scum, he'd be loathe to eliminate me as a potential buddy to his partner (who may or may not exist considering there's a traitor), so should he be Stannis, this is irrelevant.

3. Some of his reactions seem really legit. For instance his reaction to me wanting to lynch Regfan if Tyene was scum over his defense of her, after he role copped him as Cersei.

The bottom line is that I am fine with this lynch. God knows I've been wrong before.

Unvote
Vote Anxiety
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3819 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Minimum »

The hydra partner and I are currently arguing about something, but silly question. Plum's Yo Mamma, I assume using our day action on you would be a waste of time, right? (Well, not like it's less of a waste of time targeting someone else.)
Plums Yo Mamma
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Plums Yo Mamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3820 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by Plums Yo Mamma »

In post 3819, Minimum wrote:The hydra partner and I are currently arguing about something, but silly question. Plum's Yo Mamma, I assume using our day action on you would be a waste of time, right? (Well, not like it's less of a waste of time targeting someone else.)

It would be a hilarious waste of time.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3821 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Minimum »

GUYS.

STOP THIS LYNCH. WE'VE JUST BROKEN THE GAME.

THOR IS MOD-CONFIRMED SCUM.

WE TOLD YOU SO!

AND MAGUA IS ALSO GUILTY.

QUICKLYNCH TIME!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3822 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

How am I mod confirmed? Because he's lying to me in my confirmation info.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3823 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by Minimum »

...yeah, and there goes Tammy's dying action. Are you proud of the use you put it to?

EBWOP:

*headdesk*
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3824 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Wait, what, Minimum?

UNVOTE: 4nxi3ty

What exactly is happening?
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”