Newbie 1368 - Will there ever be a title? (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:38 am

Post by homertve »

In post 423, LnGrrrR wrote:If you all have me as scum Im obviously not doing the job I should be as town, so Id at least like to help in some way.
For the record, I didn't think you are scum, so there was no need for that role claim.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 am

Post by Grimgroove »

What do you think about the events on page 18?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:47 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

In post 446, Grimgroove wrote:But "the town" doesn't have a say in when the claim comes. That's up to the claimer.

@Syryana: Are you drunk? :cop:
Technically yes. But except in rare cases (certain power roles/game states), it does no good for a townie not to claim at L-2. The town should have a vested interest in making sure the person claims at L-2, for quick and self hammer reasons.

And while I haven't played many games, the ones I have have been bigger groups, so perhaps claiming at L-2 isn't a hard and fast rule here. I assumed that was expected since Syr pointed out that his vote was L-2.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:58 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Okay, that settles that I guess. But page 18 really didn't make me feel any better about you, to the contrary. Maybe your reads will change my stance.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 am

Post by homertve »

Some crazy hour :)

Well, it sounds to me like three people not understanding each other. Or perhaps, if my theory about Syryana being a cum is correct, like two confused people (you and LnGrrrR) with one motivated scum trying to make you want to lynch the other one.

Grim, at this point we are in a not-so-happy crossroad: Two (three?) nonactive slots, only two days before DL, and with your trip, we can make a terrible mistake and lynch an innocent townie. Since at this time we both think (at least I do) each other to be town, I think we need to work together, at least until the end of this day, to choose wisely.

Earlier, I said I have three suspects: Syryana, Ravenpaw's / Bane's slot, Rach. Since Rach did told us her reads (finally), and lynching Bane's slot will give us nothing, I suggest you would at least consider voting Syryana. David already said he would go for this lynch. What do you say? I know he was on your scum pile, at least before this:
In post 315, Grimgroove wrote:I somehow find Syryana's defense strangely convincing, despite the lack of actual arguments. It just sounds very genuine.
So, what do you say?
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:04 am

Post by homertve »

My previous post was regarding this:
In post 451, Grimgroove wrote:What do you think about the events on page 18?
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:10 am

Post by homertve »

In post 439, Syryana wrote:I'm not exactly thinking the straightest in the world right now teehee
This is exactly why I think we can get nothing by trying to learn anything from the events of page 18.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:22 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Yes, you are my main townread, so us working together right now does make sense and it's what we're supposed to do as town, but "working together" works in many ways, and the way I see it, we already are. We just happen to be on different rajectories, where I'm on the LnGrrrR path right now, you're on the Syryana one.

The thing is, I understand your request and to answer straightforwardly: right now I don't feel like moving my vote to Syryana, away from LnGrrrR, because I'm personally still more conviced about this being a correct lynch. I know how this sounds: Grimgroove thinks he's right and doesn't want to budge. This isn't entirely true. I really do see your points about Syryana, but ever since that debacle he's given me no reason to believe he's scum, and I see possible town-motivations behind the scumslip-debacle itself. So I'm just not convinced enough.
That said, you're right, with two inactive slots, every vote is important, including mine. Since mine already has to be fixed tomorrow, it doesn't make things easier for you guys, so I want to be flexible as I can, but it requires forward thinking from all of you as well.

See, if I'd be around for the end of this daystage, and saw Syryana on L-1, I'd hammer in absense of a PR-claim. I would really want to avoid a no-lynch situation best as I can. That's why, yes, under these circumstances, I guess I would move my vote to Syryana if town asks me to do this.

However, right now, I'm still more a fan of the LnGrrrR route, and I find it too early to leave that route. I want his reads at least. Sorry if this comes off as inflexible, but it's the first time in this game I'm starting to get somehow convinced on a scumread so I'm not inclined to just let that go.
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 am

Post by homertve »

I understand.

Any idea for a solution? David? Other players?
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:09 am

Post by imkingdavid »

*Sigh*

Okay. I just woke up and saw two more pages of posts over the span of 2 hours. Activity = good, but the discussion especially on page 18 gives me a headache because it's... wierd, to say the least, and because I'm not quite fully awake. Give me a few minutes to write up a reply.
Naughty little fly, why does it cry? Caught in a web, Soon you'll be...
eaten!
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 am

Post by Candillan »

Bahahahahahahahahahaha
Syryana, you're hilarious when you may or may not be intoxicated.
More later, gotta get to class, but
@Homer, why do you see LnGrrrR as town?
homertve
homertve
Goon
homertve
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:41 am

Post by homertve »

I think his behaviour wasn't scummy at any point of this day and I really liked this post:
In post 186, LnGrrrR wrote:Besides the yep vs yes argument, which felt extremely forced and somewhat scummy, Grim has been acting in a very townie way for the reasons listed above. (I'm willing to accept Grims yes vs yep argument as non-scummy because a) I believed him when he stated he felt like there was a legitimate difference between the two; the explanation didnt feel forced even if the original "gotcha" was, and b) he pointed out last game that he started a semi-dumb conversation to get out of RVS (the "color" thing with Rach) which mirrors the forced arguments in this game early.)
It feels like a player who's trying to read people.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:01 am

Post by imkingdavid »

@mod
please re-replace Bane and mkfuba during Night 1. I've given up on expecting anything out of those slots anymore.

------

So given the quick addition of pages, I figured another unofficial votecount would make things a bit easier to understand. As always, point out any mistakes I made:
LnGrrrR (3): Candillan, Grimgroove, Syryana
Candillan (3): LnGrrrR, imkingdavid, RachMarie
Syryana (1): homertve
Not voting: mkfuba07, Bane

------

Okay. We have 2 people at L-2. We are effectively working with 7 players because two of the 9 are AWOL (once again), but unlike a Day 2 situation, where the lynch requirement of four votes would reflect a 7 player game, we still need 5 votes to lynch anyone.

I don't feel particularly strongly about a LnG lynch right now. But I think the only support a Candi lynch is going to get at this point is the support it already has.

-----
(Note that in the following I am leaving out both AWOL's because I think it's unrealistic to expect anything from them before Day 2.)

Okay. So for a LnG lynch, two of the following three people have to vote for him: myself, Rach, and homer. It's
very unhelpful
that Rach decided to omit LnG from her reads list because I don't know where she stands on him. Homer is obviously not going to vote LnG because he feels he is town.

For a Candi lynch, two of the following three people have to vote for him: Grim, Syr, and Homer. Homer also feels Candi is town. Syr, in #356, feels that Cand is "100%" town. Grim doesn't feel strongly about a Candi lynch.

And homer's still trying to push a Syr lynch, which I feel is even less likely, though I would definitely go for it if it had any chance of happening.

So we're at an impasse.

What I am about to do, I do not because I particularly suspect LnG, but because we need a lynch, and if I don't do this, I don't see how we're going to get a lynch. I am going to put him at L-1 and I expect
no one to hammer
until either 1) he provides his defense and we have some time to talk about it, or 2) we get too close to deadline for it to matter if he says anything.

UNVOTE: Candi
VOTE: LnG
eaten!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Aside from a defense, the main thing I want from LnGrrrR is his reads list on the other players. The sooner, the better.
Edosurist
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Edosurist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 am

Post by Edosurist »

VC 1.10

LnGrrrR
(4): Candillan, Grimgroove, Syryana, imkingdavid
Candillan
(2): LnGrrrR, RachMarie
Syryana
(1): homertve
Not voting
: mkfuba07, mothrax

With 9 alive, it take 5 to lynch.

Searching for Bane and mkfuba07's replacement.
I think I'll grant a few days at your suggestion/my discretion.

UPDATE
: mothrax replaces Bane.

Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2013-06-07 22:43:00)
Last edited by Edosurist on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The name's Edosurist. People call me Edos.
I'm back from hiatus (again), so please don't make me leave again (x4) by calling me
Edo
Edoist
(pronounced E-do-ist or e-DOIST? I'm not quite certain), or
Endoperson

Wiki (will eventually get updated) | Looking for a reviewer for a 24-themed (slightly) bastard mini.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by mothrax »

Heya! I'm replacing Bane... As the lovely Mod will confirm shortly. I haven't read anything but the latest vote count, so give me a bit. Tonight or tomorrow.

@Mod: request deadline extension please :-)? I'll be your friend!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Woot an active player finally in that slot

hopefully we will get one for the other slot too.

I did not skip LGR on purpose I already explained that.

I am going back to ISO him and do my read on him.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Ok after reading through LGR's ISO he goes in my leaning scum pile too.

The whole soft defending Grim and saying well yes he was scum last time and felt towny and I see him as towny now and he COULD be scum again but then everyone who feels towny would be scum... that WIFOM want some cheese with it?

That being said... Since we will be getting an extension for replacements, I would prefer we hold off a bit longer before hammering LGR or anyone else. The Bane now moth slot and the mk and whomever replaces him are awfully murky and need so badly to be clarified.

I often use PoE when scum hunting and looking at patterns and interactions tween all the players. which is hard to do when 2 have basically not existed all game :(
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Candillan
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Candillan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Candillan »

Okay so I forgot today was my school's prom and uh
I just got home, lol. I'm pooped.
Tomorrow for sure!
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by Grimgroove »

I wouldn't mind another extension of the deadline either. Not only because I'm currently going on V/LA until Sunday (:p), but also to get some content for the two empty slots.

LnGrrrR, will you be presenting your reads today?
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Grim, yes I will. Was planning on doing it last night, but the Bruins game ran a little long.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 305, Syryana wrote:
In post 291, imkingdavid wrote:No big deal, but for the record, the last quote in your post (#289) you have attributed to yourself, when I actually said it.
I'm not interested in credit. Stuff happened, Grim townread resulted.

While walking I was suddenly reminded of this bit. (yes, I sometimes think about you guys when I'm walking, scary stuff come to think of it)

Why did the fact that the scumslip you thought you saw me make was no scumslip at all, automatically (?) result in a townread on me? Why couldn't I be scum who simply didn't slip?

@mod: V/LA until Sunday starting from now!

My vote remains on LnGrrrR. No reads, no switchereeswitch, sorry but I was pretty clear on that.
See you in a few days.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:07 am

Post by mothrax »

In post 139, homertve wrote:Cran,
I think Candillan leans town. His posts seems like he's trying to scumhunt and I have a good feeling about him. Grim and Syryana - as I said earlier I have a feeling they are scum, but after some more posts from them I'm not so sure about that anymore. I don't have a read on you yet, and I do want to know what do you think about these players.

Ravenpaw, why did you unvote Cran?

All the rest - if you don't start posting (and by "posting" I mean "posts with some content"), I'm afraid I'll have to switch my vote to one of you. Right now a wagon on shaboo seems useless cause he has a good chance to be replaced (I think), so I'll have to target another silent player.
I usually don't do this but this post really really stuck out to me...
The "I'm afraid ill have to switch my vote line" is bad. It's making excuses to hop onto a lurker wagon, and its avoiding taking concrete stances.

In other news I'm retreading but gotta go to a graduation. Ill try for tonight but no promises.
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by imkingdavid »

Glad to see a replacement for at least one person. Looking forward to your reads.
eaten!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 473, imkingdavid wrote:Glad to see a replacement for at least one person. Looking forward to your reads.
QFT
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”