Newbie 1449: Return of the Van [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 398, Trisania wrote:It's too early to claim. In other completed games I scanned, they do that on D3 when it's already MyLo or LyLo. In our case, we're far from that yet. Let's not put the PRs in a dangerous position.
²
In fact, let's stop talking about that plan right now.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 392, Trisania wrote:Grim, if you don't mind my asking, why am I your strongest townread? Hayato reads me as scum and even voted for me, while others place me at null.
It's mainly a negative argumentation: I'm reading you as town because I see no scummy intentions behind the large majority of what you post. It's not an argumentation that can be presented in bulletpoints, it's just a big ball of thoughts surrounding your posts and that ball is marked TOWN.
"What truffles are to pigs so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity." - Frasier
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:29 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 393, fferyllt wrote:GrimGroove, why do you think zipperflesh was the kill target?
Now that I've answered this, I want to ask you: What was the use of this question?
Coming right after me mentioing your drop in inquisitiveness compared to other games I saw you in, that looks like a question more for form rather than content.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:32 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Votecount 2.5Cervantes
Grimgroove - 2 (thiscantgowrong, WBO)
Nobody Special - 1 (Grimgroove)
hatatoBL
thiscantgowrong
Trisania - 1 (hayatoBL)
WBOCampfire1104

Not Voting - 3 (Cervantes, Nobody Special, Trisania)

Players in need of prods have been prodded

With 7 alive it's 4 to lynch. Deadline is 11/28 at 5PM EST.

thiscantgowrong is being replaced
Last edited by Untrod Tripod on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 402, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 393, fferyllt wrote:GrimGroove, why do you think zipperflesh was the kill target?
Now that I've answered this, I want to ask you: What was the use of this question?
Coming right after me mentioing your drop in inquisitiveness compared to other games I saw you in, that looks like a question more for form rather than content.
The use of the question was to see how you are considering the NK wrt to your scumpile.

I'm a little perplexed about your observation about my inquisitiveness. I feel like I almost overwhelmed the thread after replacing in, and put the brakes on a little yesterday.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:38 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 344, fferyllt wrote:
In post 338, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:ISOS:
TRISIANA
I really don't have anything to say about Tris's playstyle. I don't know why. So I'll
NULL
it.
THISCANTGOWRONG
Seems to be an overly excited or nervous voter. He rants a lot, but It's all in the name of good scumhunting.
TOWN

CERVANTES/FFERYLIT
He seems like hayato-7, which will make sense later. He asks quite a few of questions with good reason.
NULL

MONTOSH/HAYATOBL
He seems to be that guy that rocks everyone off balance. He asks TONS of questions (hence "hayato-7") and seems like scum concerned to rock everyone off balance.
SCUM

GRIMGROOVE
Always takes the weirdest wagons. Constantly starting new ones, he convinces with good, orderly reasoning.
NULL

GUYINFREEZER/NOBODY SPECIAL
Somebody, I think Grimgroove, said this guy was a lurker. He kind of pokes around uselessly, reminding me of zipperflesh, kind of. But GIF's playstyle was entirely different in this game, compared to 1339, a scum game. So
NULL
In post 339, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Heh, all nulls. Here's an order:
thiscantgowrong
Trisiana
Grimgroove
fferylit
Nobody Special
hayatoBL
You're comparing me to hayatoBL here, saying that I'm questioning with good reason. But, you're saying that hayato's asking tons of questions to "rock everyone off balance".

Why do you think asking questions and rocking other players off balance is scummy?

What are you doing to scumhunt?
WDO, re the bolded, if you answered these questions, I missed it. Plz answer or tell me what post addresses them.

Idic
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:39 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 401, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 392, Trisania wrote:Grim, if you don't mind my asking, why am I your strongest townread? Hayato reads me as scum and even voted for me, while others place me at null.
It's mainly a negative argumentation: I'm reading you as town because I see no scummy intentions behind the large majority of what you post. It's not an argumentation that can be presented in bulletpoints, it's just a big ball of thoughts surrounding your posts and that ball is marked TOWN.
....which is a fancy way of saying 'gut.'
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Grimgroove »

Trisiana has posted 75 (!) times. And she's a newbie. When a newbie doesn't give off any scumvibes and only puts out townsignals, that is more than just gut.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:00 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 407, Grimgroove wrote:Trisiana has posted 75 (!) times. And she's a newbie. When a newbie doesn't give off any scumvibes and only puts out townsignals*, that is more than just gut.

*in so many posts
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 am

Post by hayatoBL »

@NS

Nevertheless, I would like you to give those retro-analysis. I have a reason, which I will provide after you answer. So, please take a stab at it.

@ffreryllt

I don’t think WBO is scum. WBO-scum would know that Zip and TNE were town. WBO-scum’s changing vote from Zip to TNE doesn’t make sense. He put Zip on L-4, unvote Zip and then he put TNE on L-1. Isn’t that very counter-intuitive?

@Tris

Explain to me, why you think I’m buddying Grim. I am unaware of it because, I’m not doing it.
To 2. It feels like you’re trying to indirectly protect yourself.

@Grim

You didn’t explain to me about the numbers. Please do.

I’m OK with this vote. But what happens to TCGW? Does NS’ scuminess outweighs TCGW’s?

Are you saying NONE of my points shows, that Tris is giving off scumvibes? Post . Post .
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 409, hayatoBL wrote:
@Grim

You didn’t explain to me about the numbers. Please do.
Oh right, sorry :mrgreen:. The number point you to which word of the sentence following the sentence that has the number in it you should look at. From that word you need to take the first letter.
For example, when talking about page 1, you should be looking at the word "because", and take the first letter from that. Because that's how the trick works.
When talking about page 2, you need to look at "is", and take the first letter from that. That is the trick.

If you do that in the game I pointed you to, you get the word deputy. I gave an extra hint by capitalizing that leeter in some of the instances.

I’m OK with this vote. But what happens to TCGW? Does NS’ scuminess outweighs TCGW’s?
It does. Even though I don't like his Day 2-post at all, he did build up some credit during day 1. And he's AWOL, getting replaced. PRessuring him right now doesn't make much sense.

Are you saying NONE of my points shows, that Tris is giving off scumvibes? Post . Post .
Let me get back to you on that. I didn't get into it because I always prefer to person himself defending himself first.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 am

Post by WBOCampfire1104 »

@TRIS
I'm not saying, claim your role, I'm saying look for clues that might imply roles being involved, and see what part of the matrix 6 we have.

thiscantgowrong being replaced will be interesting; him being scum is as important as grimgroove, so I'll analyze the NK.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 am

A new scumorder: Town-->Scum
fferylit
Trisiana
hayatoBL
Nobody Special
thiscantgowrong
Grimgroove
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Post by Trisania »

In post 411, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:@TRIS
I'm not saying, claim your role, I'm saying look for clues that might imply roles being involved, and see what part of the matrix 6 we have.

thiscantgowrong being replaced will be interesting; him being scum is as important as grimgroove, so I'll analyze the NK.
So you're suggesting that we rolefish? Or at least post our assumptions on everyone's alignment, as well as their supposed roles?

@hayato:
1. Sorry, but that was my gut feel on your convo about his softclaiming tactic at another game. Either you were truly interested in figuring out his method, or you're trying to feign interest to please him.
2. No, it never crossed my mind. I detached myself from the situation while writing that post. If I wanted to protect myself, I would not have mentioned anything at all.
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Post by Trisania »

And yeah, if I am so scummy to you, hayato, then who is my scum partner?

I'm glad I unvoted Cervantes, because fferyllt is proving to be very town to me.
An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she tells you isn't the one you think you hear.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 405, fferyllt wrote:
In post 344, fferyllt wrote:
In post 338, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:ISOS:
TRISIANA
I really don't have anything to say about Tris's playstyle. I don't know why. So I'll
NULL
it.
THISCANTGOWRONG
Seems to be an overly excited or nervous voter. He rants a lot, but It's all in the name of good scumhunting.
TOWN

CERVANTES/FFERYLIT
He seems like hayato-7, which will make sense later. He asks quite a few of questions with good reason.
NULL

MONTOSH/HAYATOBL
He seems to be that guy that rocks everyone off balance. He asks TONS of questions (hence "hayato-7") and seems like scum concerned to rock everyone off balance.
SCUM

GRIMGROOVE
Always takes the weirdest wagons. Constantly starting new ones, he convinces with good, orderly reasoning.
NULL

GUYINFREEZER/NOBODY SPECIAL
Somebody, I think Grimgroove, said this guy was a lurker. He kind of pokes around uselessly, reminding me of zipperflesh, kind of. But GIF's playstyle was entirely different in this game, compared to 1339, a scum game. So
NULL
In post 339, WBOCampfire1104 wrote:Heh, all nulls. Here's an order:
thiscantgowrong
Trisiana
Grimgroove
fferylit
Nobody Special
hayatoBL
You're comparing me to hayatoBL here, saying that I'm questioning with good reason. But, you're saying that hayato's asking tons of questions to "rock everyone off balance".

Why do you think asking questions and rocking other players off balance is scummy?

What are you doing to scumhunt?
WDO, re the bolded, if you answered these questions, I missed it. Plz answer or tell me what post addresses them.

Idic
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:44 am

Sorry, I'll answer the question.
I think it's scummy because as town, you're trying to find scum. If a guy comes and asks tons of questions, you aren't scumhunting. the questions can manipulate your votes whether you answer or not.
-IF ANYONE'S MAFIA CRASHED LAST NIGHT, SAY CHUCK NORRIS-
Chuck Norris.
Trisania
Trisania
Goon
Trisania
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:12 am

Post by Trisania »

Really? Chuck Norris?

Chuck Norris.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

Asking questions can help a player find scum. The answer to a question will either come from a town pov, a scum pov or a neutral pov. Rocking a player off balance is also helpful in figuring out their alignment.

Is it a particular type of question that you find scummy?

Idic
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:36 am

FFerylit, have you alwaws had mistletoe on your avatar?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

It's holly, and no, I added it a couple days ago.

Idic
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:02 am

Post by Grimgroove »

I'm getting the impression WBO isn't putting much effort into it all anymore. Pity.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:27 am

In post 421, Grimgroove wrote:I'm getting the impression WBO isn't putting much effort into it all anymore. Pity.
Shut up. You can't get grumpy just because I foiled your master plan.
hayatoBL
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
hayatoBL
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:05 am

Post by hayatoBL »

@ Grim

DEPUTY! Now I get it! It was impossible for me to see that. I think the suspicions you had for me were genuine.

At first, I thought your buddy-test was too easy. At that time, it felt like, you were purposely making an easy buddy-test, so that you have an excuse to drop your suspicion towards me. I mean, who could have missed those deputy-related words ‘at ease’, ‘unwarrant’?

@ Tris

1. I did ask Grim partly because I was interested in it. If it was only because I’m interested in it, I would have asked post-game.
2. Well, I guess there’s no more point in arguing over that. Neither of us can prove nor disprove that ‘it never crossed your mind’.

TCGW or Ffreyllt might fit well. NS or WBO, perhaps. But Grim very unlikely.

Anyways, people. Deadline. Those who suspect Tris, let’s get on board.
Other wagons that I like is NS or TCGW. I promise, I’ll help push those wagon, if somebody can put any of them on L-2.
WBOCampfire1104
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
WBOCampfire1104
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:21 pm

*facepalm*
Well, Tris, the psychiatrist thing was intentional. He's trying to cleverly fake-PR-claim!
So, cop or doctor, or maybe he's suspecting of those. So that means we have the Matrix 6 side with cop, doctor, and mafia roleblocker. Uhoh. And hooray. So, which role is he? Of course, I'd say roleblocker, but with the town roles: cop, he makes too many random, unsteady votes. Doctor... generally is under someone's protection. But I still think we have the Doctor/Cop/Roleblocker side.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”