Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count 1.02

Not voting(5)
- RachMarie, Pieisgoo, Bitmap, drmyshotgun, Acidic_TACO
Bitmap(1)
- Dessew
Acidic_TACO(1)
- TeedyKay
RachMarie(1)
- TwilightsCall
TeedyKay(1)
- T S O

Vote History:

Pieisgoo - ,
Acidic_TACO - , , , ,
T S O -
TeedyKay - ,
TwilightsCall - , , , ,
drmyshotgun - ,
Dessew - ,
Bitmap - , ,
RachMarie

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, December 10, which is in (expired on 2013-12-10 11:00:00)

Mod notes:

Deadline extended for an extra day because of Thanksgiving. Y'all better leave me some turkey
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:20 am

Post by drmyshotgun »

In post 74, Bitmap wrote: Also, why not put your vote at Rach?
Yes she sorely lacks in content at the moment, but perhaps its just her being an IC and all. So I'll wait for her post that contains something relevant and take it from there.

Also, you sneakily trying to control my vote without actually commenting upon Rach at this point is noted.
I haven't forgotten how good a scum Bitmap can be.
Acidic_TACO wrote:Ah...well if I live the night through I'll prove it and then hide from the scum the rest of the game...hopefully...
Please stop being miserable to yourself and hunt the scums.
Your claiming does not give you the right to sit there and talk useless things in a sorrowful voice.
TeedyKay wrote:Firstly as RVS has ended

UNVOTE: RachMarie
In post 54, Dessew wrote:
In post 27, TeedyKay wrote:
In post 19, TwilightsCall wrote:That question is, of course, hypothetical. Please don't think I'm recommending it lol
Yet you were seriously considering risking a quick lynch of a possible Townie in pretty much the same manner?!
Lynching a townie is really not a big deal, especially on D1. Nice discredit, though.
Not what I was saying, obviously the lynching of a possible Townie is no big deal, however the quick lynching of a possible Townie is, to risk a quick lynch with no convo/questions or any sort of discussion to draw out scummers is bordering ridiculous, especially in a newbie game where the hammer may fall from basic lack of knowledge of how a game may work. Highlighted further by an awful roleclaim already in this game (but please read on for my take on that). No discredit, a gen question to see where the hell TC was going.

Still a little unsure with the plays he’s making too, DMS pretty much sums it up with his ‘Fence Sitting’ stance, just reads as unwilling to start a wagon for fear of being highlighted further in the game.

Acidic Taco is highly conspicuous, again all points do seem to have been picked up by others so won’t repeat, but the hiding behind “It’s a newbie game, he may not know” does seem somewhat illogical especially with the following:
In post 73, Acidic_TACO wrote:It might just be his attitude, I dunno. I might be misidentifying a personality I wouldn't get along with for scum, other games I played had much more RP stuff in it so people would adjust their posts to match the character given in their roles.
As for me being conf-town, I appreciate your trust but it might be a bit too quick to give to me, I haven't shown any proof other then saying I'm the tracker to get myself out of a lynch and into being killed at night by the scum.
If they don't block my power I'd be happy to share paraphrased results as validity of my claim.
UNVOTE: drmyshotgun
You overanalyzing everything is your hobby apparently, I thought it was aggressive at first and thats how I used to tell scum from town in games.
Wherein he outright claims to have already played this game before so really shouldn’t be making the errors picked up already, and really does make that roleclaim especially dodgy.

Within the above quote, there’s also a reversed WIFOM moment, where he subtly alludes to he may be scum, it further adds to the confusion of his early claim.

I’m reading the roleclaim as desperation, he OMGUS’ed the entire wagon, he possibly may have drawn further claims of roles because of it, and now there is an element of power in his hands.

We “can’t” lynch him because of his roleclaim

He can provide bogus information for a Town lynch next day phase.

If he is Town (and I’m highly unsure) scum can attempt to eliminate him anyways.

His “claimed” role is now possibly void of any use, other than to further himself in the game.

It’s ropey, I don’t like it, and I think we could get results from looking back at defences made for him from others here too, should he turn scum.

VOTE: Acidic Taco
Yawn. Just no.
Even with the very slightest chance of him being Town, his claim earns him a life guarantee for today.

We can afford a mislynch today. We can afford one tomorrow even with TACO's "bogus information". In current state, we ain't lynching him.

And I'm inclined to believe TACO's claim anyways.
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:08 am

Post by RachMarie »

Sorry Thanksgiving

Catching up now
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:36 am

Post by Dessew »

I'll post in the morning. (CET)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:52 am

Post by T S O »

In post 92, TwilightsCall wrote:
In post 83, T S O wrote:If there is a Town Cop or a Town Jailkeeper in this set-up, you cannot exist with Acidic's claim and you should immediately reveal yourself so we'll know Acidic is scum.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like if Taco was scum, this is exactly what he would be aiming for by claiming tracker. And that makes me feel like someone counterclaiming him is a very dangerous thing to do.
No, someone counterclaiming is the correct play here and has far more positives than benefits.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by Dessew »

In post 79, TwilightsCall wrote:I'm not willing to lynch a claimed PR on day 1 without some solid evidence.
What do you think about this line, considering that he may or may not believe tacos's claim?
For some reason, reading through the thread again I'm getting a bad feeling from Rach. I don't like that all of her posts have essentially been coaching, and though I appreciate that might be one of her roles in the game, that's not her
only
role. She made a sort of info-digging post at least near the beginning, but I find it hard to believe that a question about an RVS wagon would be expected to generate much in the way of useful information.

A lot of people seem to be saying that she's quite lurky, but I don't see that as meaningful either way. I can't bring myself to not vote someone because they don't post, and while I don't feel happy about lynching someone just for being a lurker, I have no problems running them up to try and pull some information out of them.

With that in mind,
VOTE: Rach Marie
I don't lime it, either, especially AFTER shotty brought up this matter. (And it seems to try mishmash away the shotty-part.)
Aside from that:

I like Teedy's post on Taco. It does a fairly good job of explaining my gut feeling on him, though I'm not convinced we can get much in the way of associative reads from him flipping scum at the moment. Thinking about that can wait until we have something to associate though, I don't think worrying about it now has much of a point.
I'll just make my post by quoting TC, it's quite convinient this way.
Teddy did make a fairly good job defending himself, indeed. Lynching taco is suboptimal, though.
Acidic_TACO wrote:...
other games I played
had much more RP stuff in it so people would adjust their posts to match the character given in their roles.
My emphasis added.

This makes me feel really not good about you Taco. Unless you've been playing some games completely different from the mafia I've seen everywhere else, your plays are looking more and more like acting to me.[\quote]
@taco: I quess you've read the rules but read it again, please, for the sake of integrity. Your mentioning of 'hiding' bothers me, to be specific.
With that out of the way, DMS's posts make me feel a bit better about him, though I don't necessarily agree with many of the points he's making.[\quote]
Which points, exactly?
Bitmap seems to be trying for a lot of info digging, but I don't see any attempts at an analysis from him other than to write off two people as town. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on anyone else. Similarly looking for more content from Pie, who also hasn't really said much other than 'he could be scum, or he could be bad.' I understand that complaining about lack of content on page 4 is kind of meh, but this is just me putting my thoughts down, not trying to make a case.

Dessew...like Rach, a lot of his posts seem to just be coaching, but at least he's actually interspersed opinions and reads throughout. I'll tag him as town for now, since I like the content he has provided.
Making a case would be terrific, tbh.

TSO has a point regarding PRs. It had to be said because someone with a jk or cop role might not even put the picture together, it can be hard to decipher the matrix (with all seriousness, in both my newbie games there were players for whom it was not trivial.)

I am ok with lynching (aka: scum- and leaningscumreads:) Bitmap, pie and maybe TC, given his last post.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by Dessew »

By last post, I mean the last long post, the one I quoted.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:16 am

Post by Dessew »

In post 105, Dessew wrote:
In post 79, TwilightsCall wrote:
Acidic_TACO wrote:...
other games I played
had much more RP stuff in it so people would adjust their posts to match the character given in their roles.
My emphasis added.

This makes me feel really not good about you Taco. Unless you've been playing some games completely different from the mafia I've seen everywhere else, your plays are looking more and more like acting to me.
@taco: I quess you've read the rules but read it again, please, for the sake of integrity. Your mentioning of 'hiding' bothers me, to be specific.
With that out of the way, DMS's posts make me feel a bit better about him, though I don't necessarily agree with many of the points he's making.
Which points, exactly?
Bitmap seems to be trying for a lot of info digging, but I don't see any attempts at an analysis from him other than to write off two people as town. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on anyone else. Similarly looking for more content from Pie, who also hasn't really said much other than 'he could be scum, or he could be bad.' I understand that complaining about lack of content on page 4 is kind of meh, but this is just me putting my thoughts down, not trying to make a case.

Dessew...like Rach, a lot of his posts seem to just be coaching, but at least he's actually interspersed opinions and reads throughout. I'll tag him as town for now, since I like the content he has provided.
Making a case would be terrific, tbh.

TSO has a point regarding PRs. It had to be said because someone with a jk or cop role might not even put the picture together, it can be hard to decipher the matrix (with all seriousness, in both my newbie games there were players for whom it was not trivial.)

I am ok with lynching (aka: scum- and leaningscumreads:) Bitmap, pie and maybe TC, given his last post.
Fixed the quote tags, I've been using TeX a lot lately, y'know.
Also checked: Pie, Teddy, how come you registered so long ago and neither of you have any completely complete games?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:04 am

Post by Bitmap »

VLA till monday.

Noted.
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

TeedyKay has been prodded
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

*Whistles*
I've waited long enough.
VOTE: RachMarie
My GTKAS!
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

Sorry about that silence, my wife gave birth to my second gorgeous little daughter on Friday.

As for my sign up date and first game date, used to play MS on another forum so signed up here, never got round to playing here, remembered this place a few weeks ago so started playing again.

I knew my vote would get this sort of a reaction, and I know it bucks Mafia Scum trends, but the trends were bucked at the time of the role claim. My vote will stay where it is for now, I will change it if a solid case is made, but it appears the only case people have on others is their silence.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Dessew »

Congrats Teddy!
Well, Idk. "Quickclaims" happen, I have to admit that they're rare but they undeniable do happen and I doubt that sitemeta shows lynching the PR-claiming player. On the other hand, there are cases or case-like things, actually. But if you don't like any of them, then post who you think is scum. Here's an other thing: if we do lynch taco and he is tracker, it does any good only if we can analyze the wagon and discussion over it. But as you said, activity is quite bothersome, so there's a major flaw in the plan.
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 am

Post by drmyshotgun »

In post 111, TeedyKay wrote:Sorry about that silence, my wife gave birth to my second gorgeous little daughter on Friday.
My my my, Congratulations man! You sure you ought to be playing puny mafia at a wonderful time like this?!
I wouldn't mind your frequent absence.
My GTKAS!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:27 am

Post by T S O »

In post 111, TeedyKay wrote:Sorry about that silence, my wife gave birth to my second gorgeous little daughter on Friday.
Congratulations!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:55 am

Post by RachMarie »

LOL Shotty still got that conf bias eh :P

Case if you please?

Keeping in mind there was an American holiday and I have been extremely busy.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:57 am

Post by RachMarie »

(off game post)

CONGRATS on the wee baby girl, Teedy ♥

drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by drmyshotgun »

In post 115, RachMarie wrote:LOL Shotty still got that conf bias eh :P

Case if you please?

Keeping in mind there was an American holiday and I have been extremely busy.
Little to virtually no content from you..?
Lack of involvement, opinions, in the game.
My GTKAS!
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Just asking but is anyone interested in RPing with the story to fill in the time? Get to know eachother and stuff :3
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:47 am

Post by T S O »

No.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:47 am

Post by T S O »

This game is a joke. 5 pages?

ACTIVITY.

Mod, prod everyone.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Dessew »

shotty: TSO also hasn't provided much content (it's almost nothing), it isn't an excuse for Rach, though, as far as I know, Thanksgiving was onThursday and it's Monday now.
Taco: newbie and normal games, like this one, usually don't have any RP element, tbh.
TSO: are you suspicious of Teddy?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:58 am

Post by T S O »

No, Teddy is very readable.

And I can't provide content until I have posts to analyse. That means activity.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

That sucks...oh well, next game I hope I land in one with some RP.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Dessew »

Taco: I don't want to say anythimg stupid, since I'm not familiar with themed games, but I guess there might be some themed with RP elements. Of course, you should learn the basics of them game and sitemeta, for instance in newbie games, let's say, in this newbie game. Please play the game. Answer this: who's scum?
TSO: I get that there isn't much content to react to and activity is certainly ridiculous, I even get that there might be some plan in your head about pacing scumhunting, but if everybody is waiting for everybody, we don't get to anywhere.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”