NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 1148, Yates wrote:
In post 1091, Porochaz wrote:
vote zekrom
the more we extend this day the more Im wondering the point in this whole vig shot deal. I dont trust him to do whats right if he's town, which I have never really felt and I don't see the big advantage of doing it is.
Wait. Why would Town be worried about a vig claim? Why wouldn't you let scum worry about Zek? The way I see it he's either the vig, as he claims, or he is scum and the real vig is [properly] not countering. You know why? Vig's counter claim with a shot in the night. Bottom line; if Zek is scum he is likely killed tonight. If Zek is NOT scum, he is NOT killed tonight and proves his role in the morning.

Am I missing something here?

FoS: Porochaz

It's the weekend and I'm doing a lousy job of catching up but in reading backwards this popped up as crazy.
You are saying that if he is not shot tonight he is confirmed. There is no way you rationally formulated this idea with logic. What then did fuel this accident of a post?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 1151, Yates wrote:
In post 1052, Ythan wrote:How does it feel to know that you have to cut part of a post out when you reply in order for you response to fit? Does it feel bad? It should.
Stop it. If he is changing context, you have an argument. If he is making his point more obvious by using fewer words [ie. being concise], you have no argument. I do this ALL THE TIME. In fact, I just did it.
Noted and summarily disregarded. Not relevant to the game, as my post was. Next time just don't.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

All this other shit is why we should just lynch zekrom~
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Ythan »

Three more who wants to be town for a day.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1108, pirate mollie wrote:dear star,

I know you have always taken care to make sure that your ruthless lying, buddying and subsequent abandonment to watch me get mislynched was as painless as possible and because of that I will be gentle with you. I am sorry you once again got a scumrole it makes me sad.

love,

mollie
Dear mollie,

I understand. My recent spate of scum wins was bound to cause at least one mislynch. I had hoped it wouldn't be day 1 for vanity reasons. Just promise me that next game we play, you won't expect this level of anger from me as a towntell; it's a result of the playerlist. Good luck solving this one.

warmest wishes,

sthar

In post 1117, Nikanor wrote:it is about him calling me an idiot. he doesn't even know me. :cry:

skeevy-as-fuck is my middle name. i never said it was
hard
evidence. >_>
:facepalm:

Nikanor-

I'm sorry that your sarcastic and vapid posting gave me the impression that you are a moron. Given the levels of idiocy in this game I'm having trouble distinguishing actual idiot from pretend idiot, and for that I sincerely apologize. I'm sure you are a lovely human being who is pleasing to all of the senses, and I value your unique input.

I've been trying to get a conversation going for days, but mollie's too paranoid and everybody else is too stupid or too frustrated. I don't think Marquis is ambivalent towards the zek read, I think she is trying to push the wagon without being seen to drive it. The method of objection to UT's plan was also incredibly sketchy, not the fact of objection itself.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote: I don't like sthar.
I think you're an idiot.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:He posted a read list "in the interest of transparency" meaning he's more concerned with peoples' perceptions of him than posting reads because they convict him into lynching/defending certain people, etc.
Evidence.

In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:Also he's got like a third of the playerlist chalked up to VI (including myself, which I can't remember playing with him but whatever) which normally indicates a town read (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all), but in the case of someone like fish, who he says he doesn't really believe the claim, meaning he's reading him as scum, it's either a mislabeled null-read or intentional dissonance. Either way, his dismissal of so many players as VI is some indication that, again, he's more interested in looking actively engaged than being so.
more evidence.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote: zekrom's 959 is more typically dull posting from him but I think he accidentally tripped over the discovery that sthar doesn't actually have much at all and for a full playerlist reads post, it leaves me at least still quite unsure of what sthar thinks.
even more evidence.
In post 1135, evilpacman18 wrote:Oh well in 987 sthar specifically says "VI is not a read"
well
1. yes it is (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all)
2. so you completely avoided posting reads in your read list
This just suggests that you can't read English.
In post 1157, Yates wrote:
In post 1007, sthar8 wrote:I don't like it when I can't predict the vig.
:eek:

:facepalm:

Need to know if you guys should block him tonight or let his shot go through on Town?
Yes. Which is why I suggested that he shoot from a pool that I didn't pick. Obviously. I mean, can I be any more blatant?

Vigs are negative utility. VI vigs are a liability. I'm not trusting the class of player who would fake cop as town not to shoot universal townreads 'just in case.'
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Post by sthar8 »

@ everyone
So it's valentines weekend and I just don't give a fuck about this game. So here's what's going to happen:

Somebody's gonna take this post as a scummy appeal to pity (which is fair, because afayk it could be) and use that as a justification to push me harder. If I'm not quicklynched, I'm gonna claim my role and show my extensive breadcrumbing. Some idiot's gonna say that they don't believe my crumbs, mollie's gonna point out that I fakecrumbed as scum in antihero mafia, and claim fatigue will result in my lynch. Over the night phase, I'm going to send desp a pm apologizing for my performance this game and lamenting that his games always seem to be full of the worst players on the site. I'm going to ask him to publicly confirm that he asked me to replace in over scumchat, and that I asked to hydra with my brother to counteract my temper. At daybreak tomorrow, someone's going to justify my lynch by saying that I deserved it for not engaging the game earlier (which is true). I'm going to hopefully learn that however much you like a mod and one or two players, you should account for the entirety of the list before replacing in.

Sound like a plan? Let's get to it. Give me a yell when you're ready for the crumbs.

btw, I'd vig RC. Defending me at this point might be scum looking for cred, and even if he has a town pm he's not protown. RC, if you're legitimately reading me correctly then I'm sorry and thanks for trying, but it's gonna take some doing to live down the faked cop thing. Also someone go read tman's ISO, there might be something there.

Prozac- I know you don't remember me, but it's nice to see you again. If you mod ever give me a yell; I'd love to play in one of your games again.

UT- If you want, send me a pm about the cyberpunk game. I'll be looking for something new shortly.

PV, Gooner, DN, Yates, mollie, UT, mala, Elyse, Ythan, Prozac- Thanks for the effort, good luck to your teams. I hope to see you in better playerlists :D
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Post by pisskop »

lul. if only there was a better playerlist I wouldnt be dwadling with 25 minutes to go.
Instead I wish the lynchers I know goodbye as I resign myself to their mercy.

Maybe your death isnt even important because its you. your death allows air to clear, is a stepping stone, an expendable the wandering masses settled on. Woe to you whos death is due to apathy now tipped with self pity.

Why dont you make a list for Zek, or convince us UTs plan to use his vig is wrong?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1181, pisskop wrote:
Why dont you make a list for Zek, or convince us UTs plan to use his vig is wrong?
Fuck you. I agree with UT's plan and I've given zek three lists. Read the fucking game.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

you mentioned you doubted his ability. did you ask him if he undeestood?

Its not my job to be a nanny, or to pretend I understand the clear history many itg share. This AtE is actually kinda believable.

But why are you reseigning yourself. Hell according to the vc Im townier than you. I cant be so bad if Im not the one singing my own threnody.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by Ythan »

Acknowledging that your post doesn't look good and predicting people talking shit doesn't make it a better post.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1183, pisskop wrote:you mentioned you doubted his ability. did you ask him if he undeestood?
Did you read the game? Because, yes, I fucking did.

In post 1183, pisskop wrote:Its not my job to be a nanny,
No, it's your job to play the fucking game, which you are not doing.
In post 1183, pisskop wrote:But why are you reseigning yourself.
I explained this pretty clearly. I don't care to put in the effort when I know what the outcome is going to be.
In post 1183, pisskop wrote:Hell according to the vc Im townier than you.
What is the purpose of this? Did I hurt your feelings? Let me break down why I'm getting wagoned:
1. There are two players who have played with me before BoP-ing me, because I'm not engaged in the game
2. There are two half sheep players whose 'cases' suggest that they need someone to remind them to breathe every few seconds.
3. There are a couple of players compromising for a deadline lynch because reading the town suck in this game would make any sane person want to cut their own eyes out.
4. And there are shit spewing fountains like you who are willing to sheep without reading and vomit garbage into the thread for everyone else to have to wade through.
In post 1183, pisskop wrote:I cant be so bad if Im not the one singing my own threnody.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just dont confuse being painful to read with catching scum, the game certainly doesn't need that.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1184, Ythan wrote:Acknowledging that your post doesn't look good and predicting people talking shit doesn't make it a better post.
That's fine, its an 'I-don't-give-a-fuck' post. Do you want me to claim now or wait for another vote or two?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Ythan »

Oh wonderful the best part again. We have less than two days yeah? I'd say get to the point.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Damnit Sthar... reading your posts takes freaking forever.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Sorry, you guys post too much.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 826, sthar8 wrote:
In post 823, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 819, sthar8 wrote:
In post 817, pirate mollie wrote:star and I have never been on the same team
are you scum this game?
are you freaking kidding me

this is more along your likeable scum game than the 1 time I saw you as town
:neutral:
The only time you saw me as town was when I replaced into a 100 page game right before lylo. I had to get serious there fast. I was just wondering if we get to be on the same team finally.

Your reaction looks good though :D

(also I totally sent a bitch-pm to desp when he sent me a town role. You can check with him in post. I was kinda hoping to be scum with you. Then I realized that ABR wouldn't have replaced out if he were scum.)
I dont know guys... this is the only post of Sthar's that really bothers me. I suppose his interaction with Mollie... like any time he talks with her... kinda rubs me wrong. Why are you so concerned with mollies read on you? It seems like you are investing more in this game on placating her then actually scum hunting. Marquis is your scum read, correct?

But the posts that you quote and the case you make doesn't really show me why you think Marq is scum. I mean... I agree, I think Marq is a great lynch but I don't really understand why you think that.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Ythan »

My understanding is that it is because Marquis had the second most votes.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by DeathNote »

In post 1191, Ythan wrote:My understanding is that it is because Marquis had the second most votes.
lol

This is a very snide game I am playing....
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1191, Ythan wrote:My understanding is that it is because Marquis had the second most votes.
:roll: Fish had the second most votes when I decided I wanted to lynch Marquis.

@DN- Marquis hasn't been scumhunting and her push on zek sounded like she knew he was town and didn't want to be in the driver's on his wagon. And her objections to UT's plan were vague scare tactics rather than attempting to determine optimal town play. I'm doubting the marquis wagon right now because of the 'scum vig' thing, and I really want someone to look into tman but if I do it nobody will take it seriously. I'm also certain there's scum on my wagon but I'm obviously biased there (although even if you think I'm scum there's probably at least one bussing me).

Ythan- Just for you, I'm gonna wait until I get one more vote before I claim. :wink: (I don't think the deadline is relevant, because I'm pretty sure I get lynched. Your last post was picture perfect claim fatigue. First you'll be mad that the power roles are shitty enough to get wagoned, then you'll tell yourself that not all the claims can be real. Finally, you'll decide that I'm the lynch because my wagon already exists. I own my part in this, and I'm sorry for letting it get this far.)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Post by Ythan »

By all means prolong it and ensure your death.
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Ugh, I don't want to lynch sthar today. I want to give him more of a chance. Marquis is a much better lynch.

@sthar why do you scumread me? You still haven't said.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

it pains me to do this...

VOTE: star
whew!
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I'm a Roleblocker.

Crumbs:
In post 792, sthar8 wrote: Seems to me like a hasty
r
oad
b
lock to stave off his impending lynch.
In post 807, sthar8 wrote:
R
eally?
B
ring it fool! <3 I'm about due for a policy lynch.
In post 816, sthar8 wrote:Just come with me and we can shake your blues right away.
You'll be doing fine when the music starts.
Rhythm of the Night, by DeBarge (an
R
&
B
song)
In post 919, sthar8 wrote:
P
irate,
r
eally?
I'm a
r
eally
b
ad day 1 lynch.
In post 944, sthar8 wrote: Mollie, go read my posts slowly.
Because I'm crumbing.
In post 944, sthar8 wrote:This is me trusting you.

R
emember
B
owser?
In post 1007, sthar8 wrote:And I don't like it when I can't predict the vig.
Because I might have to block him. Especially if he thought I was suggesting myself as a target.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

star those are pretty terrible crumbs
whew!
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:51 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

@sthar8
i don't know if you are fake claiming or a scum rb'er
sthar8 wrote:
I'm a Roleblocker.

In post 1007, sthar8 wrote:And I don't like it when I can't predict the vig.
Because I might have to block him. Especially if he thought I was suggesting myself as a target.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”