NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 267, talah wrote:I never said anything about scum buddying regarding Pere/Admiral. I lean town on both, Admiral more strongly than Pere right now.

I'm not buying the "fake vig". Nor the "town reaction". But I'll have to take a look back to see what exactly irked me about it.

I saw Zdenek's vote coming from halfway around the map.

My vote is still on Doc because I've got no reason to move it unless he answers my questions.

I am 100% conflicted on Mister. I see effort; I see questions; I see pushing the game forward by way of this, and a *lot* of posts. I was waiting to see what was going to happen with the questions he was asking and something about the way his reads are being formed is irritating me. I don't know - it may just be hangover from feeling ganked at gamestart.

And this, is a prod dodge until tomorrow. I have a headache.
Take medicine and post better. And feel better.

And post better.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

I'm not going to argue with you over your great desire to create naked town reads. Its scumtastic.
"Won't you be my neighbor?"
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

How about I join Yates and adovcate your lynch until you stop trolling or leave the game at the end of a rope?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 285, Mister Rogers wrote:Pere throwing out as many town reads as he possibly can and retaining his focus on BJC's 1st post is not the quality I needed to see. He is downgraded to
null to scum

There is a sort of bizarre dynamic here because he only has two votes and both people are voting him for a scummy reason; there are still ways it can make sense though.
Meh, I consider both votes to be RVS based. We'll see how Yates responds and how Rach steps up before assuming anything about thier votes.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:40 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Ok.
Mister Rogers
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mister Rogers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Mister Rogers »

Sorry if I overreacted. Carry on.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 302, Mister Rogers wrote:How about I join Yates and adovcate your lynch until you stop trolling or leave the game at the end of a rope?
Why do you think I'm trolling? Because I disagree with you?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 293, bjc wrote:I already offered a few thoughts Saturday, I believe. Did you not read them?
I did. I think I read them twice, and quoted them at least once.

I also asked this:
In post 229, PeregrineV wrote:
Why bjc?

He claimed scum with his first post. Maybe to distract from that very fact, maybe to assuage his guilt over the fact.
Maybe he's town and he's trying to catch scum. For everyone assuming he's town trying to catch scum, analyze the total sum of his followup to his scum claim. Then analyze the total sum of the rest of his play. Explain how it is town. Use charts, graphs, links, etc. Use his own words and yours. TIA.
Responses so far have been underwhelming, but I eagerly await your (further) input. Anything you can do to erase the scumvibe I have from your posting would be appreciated.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 297, Mister Rogers wrote:
RE: Pere

Why was BJC low hanging fruit

Because he made a post that was very easy to attack.
Yes. Ask the logical question, and then think through each answer.
In post 297, Mister Rogers wrote:
Why was BB_replace_scum "faulty analysis"

Well I like how it brought people to attack you. Yes you are making a good point here. You were low hanging fruit too. I have Rach as scum for that (among other things). I am not liking Yates for it especially because he hasn't moved an inch while the "thread has exploded". Although again, a bizarre dynamic, but you haven't given him a reason to move either.
But their hasn't been analysis on it yet. I wanted to see who would react and how. But, both are players that reacted in a way that does advance my reads on them. If you get reads from their reactions, then I approve.
In post 297, Mister Rogers wrote:Very funny. At this point he is prod-dodge/lurking. Seeing his first post as null, I shall be judging him based on subsequent posts and/or lack thereof.
OK.
In post 297, Mister Rogers wrote:Throwing out a bunch of town reads with only one "scum suspect" is scumtastic. It is not genuine town play. This is a game with 19 other players and almost all of them have posted and a handful of them are scum (and probably not BJC imo).
On page 10? Your lucky I have any reads at all. And for me, "town" means I scumhunt them slightly less vigorously than my non-town reads.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 305, Mister Rogers wrote:Sorry if I overreacted. Carry on.
No worries. Everyone has a different way of playing.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Plessiez »

It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.7
Doc Holliday [4 votes] (DeasVail, bjc, Luca Blight, talah)
Damon_Gant [2 votes] (SnowStorm, mastin2)
PeregrineV [2 votes] (Yates, RachMarie)
Luca Blight [2 votes] (Damon_Gant, 4nxi3ty)
4nxi3ty [2 votes] (ThAdmiral, Mister Rogers)
talah [2 votes] (Doc Holliday, Zdenek)
bjc [1 vote] (Peregrine V)
mastin2 [1 vote] (BipolarChemist)
Yates [1 vote] (Nero Cain)
aptil [1 vote] (projectmatt)

2 players are not voting
: {aptil, Smudger}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:42 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 283, Mister Rogers wrote:@Anx: What prompted you to change your mind on DG?
I liked post , the overall tone, there's no panic in it despite being the largest wagon. He had his own individual take on Luca rather than solely agreeing with my previous reasoning. And the way he described his talah and doc read felt really genuine.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:28 am

Post by Plessiez »

In post 222, Plessiez wrote:
Doc Holliday hasn't posted for over 48 hours and hasn't arranged a V/LA. He has therefore been prodded.
Doc Holliday has not responded to this prod, which was sent over 24 hours ago. I am therefore looking for a replacement.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am

Post by talah »

In post 300, PeregrineV wrote:Take medicine and post better. And feel better.

And post better.
Yeah, thanks, in order to do that I probably needed to not have a headache, and to actually read through rather than just read along. But noted, and I've just read (properly) up to page 10 this morning.

I have a question mark on townreading you mainly because you seem a bit more proactive (or maybe 'pushy') than I remember and also don't remember you having scumhunted using PoE before.

Re-reading through the fake vig I can probably buy it, actually.

So anyway, bored with waiting for Doc to never come back. I don't see Damon as scum and we need more activity from the bottom two thirds. It's actually quite unnerving that so many players have posted only a handful of times.

VOTE: Luca

Ed: well there ya go.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 313, talah wrote:Yeah, thanks, in order to do that I probably needed to not have a headache, and to actually read through rather than just read along. But noted, and I've just read (properly) up to page 10 this morning.
I strongly recommend Excedrin Extra Strength. Let me work through a deafening sinus infection.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:25 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 313, talah wrote:I have a question mark on townreading you mainly because you seem a bit more proactive (or maybe 'pushy') than I remember and also don't remember you having scumhunted using PoE before.
It's a function of free time, as in "how much do I have?" that affects my mafia playing. And PoE is not super realiable, but it's a good springboard to start day1.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Plessiez »

AngryPidgeon replaces Smudger and pisskop replaces Doc Holliday.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:48 am

Post by pisskop »

I read a few pages.

Why am I scum? And why is the vote spread so large?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:55 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 317, pisskop wrote:Why am I scum? And why is the vote spread so large?
VOTE: Pisskop
The red letters in your role PM and the words you say.

/confirm
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 9, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: ThaD

You haven't posted in the neighborhood QT yet. What's up with that?
I'd be more concerned if Mr. rogers hadn't posted there ;)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:02 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 15, talah wrote:
In post 12, DeasVail wrote:I am talah! Are you town?
Yuppers, sure am.

Well this is good news! Perhaps if mastin is town too we shall be an unstoppable scumhunting force.
Or the first three nightkills ><
UNVOTE: mastin
VOTE: Doc
This is probably scum.

Post 17 by Rogers is ringing all the right bells. Promise me you aren't bussing Talah.

This game left RVS at the speed of light, wow.

Mastin where are you.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:04 am

Post by pisskop »

eww, I much prefer smudger to you.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 19, talah wrote:- I'm sheeping Deas to get a more solid read on him, and I think his vote on Doc was legit
So Doc posts a one line, pretty whatever vote on Molla and votes on Doc are legit because? What do you expect from DV to help you read him here?
In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm scum.
Town.
In post 24, ThAdmiral wrote:In other news I like being out of rvs within 3 live posts. While its sort of forced (what super early day 1 case stuff isn't) I still like rogers better for it.
No opinion on Talah's half of this?
In post 25, Doc Holliday wrote:There is no legitimate purpose to this as Town. bjc is either scum or not worth listening to. Obtuse gambits are anti-Town.
There is no legitimate purpose to it as scum. And still, its PAGE ONE. Joke posts are pretty par for the course. This post reads awfully forced considering you are ignoring that context.
In post 29, Doc Holliday wrote:My vote on BB was strictly random. It was, like, the sixth or seventh live post of the game. BB still hasn't said anything, so obviously RVS.
Ok, but it being Page 1 RVS excuses any actions you take. :igmeou:
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Yates »

In post 223, PeregrineV wrote:I'll say yes and let you prove otherwise.
:roll: I didn't make the allegation - I don't have the burden of proof. That said, I think I've only played with BB 3 or 4 times and I'm pretty sure he's never replaced out [not that I can find, anyway]. Why this strikes me as particularly shitty is because you are basically accusing him of dishonorable play. You'd think he would have a reputation for it if it were actually true.

The sad truth is, Nero has first hand experience with being called scum for replacing out [by me - in the heat of an epic argument - in my more wreckless days]. And he was Town.
In post 223, PeregrineV wrote:Someone claimed scum. Thoughts on that.
I gave my thoughts on that...
In post 217, Yates wrote:[@ThAd] I hate the fake scum claim as much as a self vote. I think you are overstating how scummy it is - since we were both in a game where Town did this - but it is annoying and frustrating and can be difficult to see past. Perfectly acceptable reason for an RVS vote. Not a great point to build a case on, though.
In post 231, Zdenek wrote:
In post 217, Yates wrote:This all happened in the span of like 15 minutes. This actually looks organic to some of you???
What does the time frame have to do with it?
Everything? The timing makes it look orchestrated.
In post 242, Zdenek wrote:Your thought progression here makes no sense to me at all.
What? Why do you think there are at least three people asking you how you jumped to these conclusions? I wasn't even aware of the chainsaw until I went to correct ThAd, looked at your ISO, and realized you called EVERYONE that called bjc scum scum. I absolutely agree with Pere here:
In post 238, PeregrineV wrote:I don't feel you can adequately assign alignments to reactions-to-bjc without assigning a bjc alignment...
In other words, you need to be Town reading bjc pretty hard to assume anyone calling him scum is scum. And this is something I pointed out to you and asked you about.
In post 246, Nero Cain wrote:
triplevote:Yates
Sad. But expected. Olive branch?
In post 250, Mister Rogers wrote:Just verifying, you read his post where he used the phrase, "Vote parking here until more people join the game" right?
On page 3? In a large normal? I guess it didn't bother me because a. half the player list had yet to vote b. I was one of those players and c. we still had pretty much the entire day phase ahead of us.

Do you still think this is a big deal?
In post 253, Mister Rogers wrote:Errrm, what? No vote? Meh. I guess there is only so much 1 guy can do at one time.
I was and continue to be voting Pere. For reasons...
In post 253, Mister Rogers wrote:Can't fault Nero here though.
That vote has nothing to do with our current game [at least I don't think it does]. I'll leave it at that.
In post 281, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 278, ThAdmiral wrote:...Bipolar sort of just jokes about it -
and the asking to see if he could post before the mod confirmed his "death" just
feels
reads genuine.
Ok, so here we now agree (with the appropriate edit).
Are you guys high? If you think scum have day talk, isn't that
exactly
something someone would do? Also, even if you think Bipolar is Town how does that in any way reflect on Zdenek's alignment? Like... scum never gambit? I mean... ever? I have way better examples but unfortunately they are on another site.

Plus, DV pretty much nails it here:
In post 286, DeasVail wrote:considering that the dayvig gambit has become so common that it's often used as a joke, I don't know if I trust his reaction.
In post 285, Mister Rogers wrote:There is a sort of bizarre dynamic here because he only has two votes and both people are voting him for a scummy reason
I'm voting for Pere. What's my scummy reason?
In post 297, Mister Rogers wrote:I am not liking Yates for it especially because he hasn't moved an inch while the "thread has exploded". Although again, a bizarre dynamic, but you haven't given him a reason to move either.
Oh. Well, that's just weak. You are condemning me for not unvoting Pere while I was away from the game? lol. Pere responded [kind of unsatisfactorally - as you note yourself] after my last post and before this one.
In post 302, Mister Rogers wrote:How about I join Yates and adovcate your lynch
Uh. How am I "advocating" a Pere lynch? My vote? You realize votes are scum hunting tools, right? My vote is on Pere specifically because I'm
in the process
of determining his alignment.
In post 303, PeregrineV wrote:Meh, I consider both votes to be RVS based.
Part RVS, part reaction fish, part information required.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 24, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 9, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: ThaD

You haven't posted in the neighborhood QT yet. What's up with that?
Lolz, I'll get on that :P

In other news I like being out of rvs within 3 live posts. While its sort of forced (what super early day 1 case stuff isn't) I still like rogers better for it.
Lemme guess: "reaction testing"?

vote: bjc

There you go, now you can call me scum for "taking the bait".
In post 27, talah wrote:Ffs, can you let me get back to cleaning my house for my rental inspection on Tuesday? I'll take any other interrogation on notice for the next 24 hours, kay?

Deas is a dude unless I have alzheimers. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED in large themes topic.

I think Deas voting Doc for (Doc) making a vote which was "fuck that guy", deserved pressure because it was a bad vote, but mainly I like the fact that he (Deas) latched onto it and naked voted because I think that he (Deas) tends to get over-explanatory as scum, dotting i's and crossing t's where town probably wouldn't. So I liked it fine and given my mastin vote was pure RVS and reaction-fishing, and mastin hasn't posted, switched quite happily to simultaneously get a better read on Deas, and find out what Doc was about.

No results yet because I'm being hijacked by you. Nevertheless I'm noting the Pere/Admiral interaction. Dunno what to think about bjc or Doc yet, maybe slight scum on Doc. You I'll abstain on for now.
In post 44, Damon_Gant wrote:
What a peculiar post. No meaning, no purpose, no humour. Everything else in this game thus far is smoke clouding my vision.
Vote: bjc

(Note: Kinda busy today and tomorrow. Home with my family for my birthday. Though I still should have enough access to post and keep up, I won't be able to make more substantive posts until Monday.)
In post 48, Luca Blight wrote:You can't read much from bjc's opening post; you have to question why scum would want to draw attention to themselves so needlessly early on, but it could be some sort of ridiculous bluff.

He comes across as apathetic, which I would attribute more to Town in the early stages of a game as opposed to scum.
In post 63, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 61, 4nxi3ty wrote:Roger, what specifically has zdenek posted that mirrors what's in your head?
1) Doc mudslinging the BJC wagon
2) Yourself fencesitting my vote
3) DV's bad queries/statements
In post 70, Damon_Gant wrote:
In post 64, 4nxi3ty wrote: you didn't agree with zdenek on damon gant? I thought it was decent considering damon thinking it was necessary to post something substantive weirded me out.
In post 66, Mister Rogers wrote:Hmmm, ZD's DG analysis didn't make my notes. Thanks for pointing it out but of course I agree there and specifically how DG is sheeping Pere's logic and not using his own. He also appears to be overjustifying his absence but happy birthday to him anyway.
You're going to have to excuse me for being stupid here. The only point I see zdenek making about me is "#4", which you'll forgive me if I don't find it to be spectacular analysis. Obviously I'm missing something here so can someone explain it to me? I'll pre-emptively point out that I barely read the post I was supposed to be sheeping. Honestly, there's only so much one can say about a post that says "I'm scum", so it's unsurprising we have similar things to say about it.

And yes, I guess I did overjustify my absence which is turning out not to be so much so anyway thanks to this nifty iPad keyboard I got today. I appreciate the birthday wishes, even if they are laced with poison!
vote: Yates

Because . Nope, that's a lot of not matching my limited experience with him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”