NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:32 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 768, PeregrineV wrote:Th only thing going for the pisskop wagon is Zdenek.
the only thing going for the Luca wagon is Gant (I read the sig)

Someone help me understand the Yates or Gant wagon.

Day 1 Mason QTI think Talah's posting the last few pages has improved, but only because I didn't look to closely at it. Why am I not getting the town feeling I want from her stuff?

Pisskop is sketchy but the wagon on him is pretty meh. I'd rather not vote there today, but could as a compromise. I don't get why people think Luca is scummy (except Talah is just pushing a mislynch on him in all likelihood, so there is that). I don't really get the Yates wagon either, pretty uninterested in voting that. Gant seems townish enough and the votes on him are super stale. Not sure what to make of that. Would you compromise lynch ThAdmiral?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:32 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 772, Nero Cain wrote:I think Luca could easily lurk it out as scum.
Yeah, there was more to his posts in my mind than in reality. We can lynch him after Mastin town-wows me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Yates »

In post 752, pisskop wrote:noted post is noted.
I note that you have noted noted post - and edited to remove context. :igmeou:
In post 753, Damon_Gant wrote:...you didn't explain at all how my reaction gives you any idea about my alignment.
You're right. I insinuated - which isn't the same as an explanation. So let me explain... I would have expected you to either shrug it off or ask me my intent. I wouldn't expect you to focus on it as a valid point unless you were feeling guilty about it - which is what you did. For an example of a Town reaction to something like this, take a look at how I responded to pisskop when he replaced in and voted me for "meta reasons."
In post 754, talah wrote:Why don't you ask piskop or aptil about him...
Well, aptil isn't really contributing yet due to "internet problems" and my read on pisskop isn't on the right side of null. Also, I don't really care too much about his meta since he isn't posting enough that anyone should be able to meta read him. Also also, as I've said before, screw meta.
In post 754, talah wrote:I'm genuinely interested in what you thought I would say.
I *thought* you were saying that he was posting bad and failing at logic - and THAT is what was making your "brain feel like it was out of sync with the universe."
In post 754, talah wrote:I disagree wholeheartedly.
Everything you said after this could really apply to ANY lurker. My point is that you shouldn't make it ABOUT the out of game reason unless you somehow KNOW someone is lying. If Mastin said his grandmother was dying and couldn't post but you saw him at a craps table in Vegas drunk posting in another thread? That's one thing. But don't challenge the excuse itself. Personally, I didn't post why my post count has been a little lower than usual because it's nobody's business that I was asked to help a film crew shooting a commercial at work. And I'm not going to go through the whole process of uploading video of the shoot to youtube and posting a link as proof because screw that. You see how questioning an out of game thing can get distracting and out of hand?
In post 754, talah wrote:How many scum do you think are in the lurkers?
Probably fewer than there are among the more active players, actually. I appreciate the impulse, though, and it's part of what's driving my vote on bjc. Of the lurkers, he's the only one that beetlejuiced and then used his "fuck you -ish" attitude to act like he doesn't have to post. Well... okay but I guess that means I don't have to unvote him. *shrug*
In post 755, talah wrote:Can I just ask placidly what kind of person you think is not aware of their scum meta, and adjusting accordingly?
What does this have to do with what I said to Gant? Because the portion of the post you quoted has nothing to do with the question you asked me or anything I have said or even hinted at.
In post 760, Plessiez wrote:
bjc has requested replacement.
This is annoying.

UNVOTE: bjc
In post 761, projectmatt wrote:I am not familiar with the beetlejuice tell.
It's when you call a lurker [or their attacker] scum and all of a sudden they post out of nowhere. Case in point; bjc hadn't posted in over 24 hours. Pere was driving the bjc wagon. Rogers calls Pere scummy for pushing bjc without actually scum hunting. An hour later bjc is suddenly on to agree with a point about the person driving his wagon [Pere]. Basically, it shows that the person is reading the thread and just not posting. In other words, a beetle juice tell illustrates intentional lurking.

TBH, it's kind of a null tell BUT it borders on scummy just enough that it's one of those things you can throw at a person to see how they respond to it.
In post 764, pisskop wrote:o.o bjc placed out.

i hope its a scumtell.
Is this a joke or serious?

Let me do this while I wait...
VOTE: pisskop
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I meant Aptil not Ap as in the angry bird.

So whats so scummy about Aptil?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:40 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 775, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 768, PeregrineV wrote:Th only thing going for the pisskop wagon is Zdenek.
the only thing going for the Luca wagon is Gant (I read the sig)

Someone help me understand the Yates or Gant wagon.

Day 1 Mason QTI think Talah's posting the last few pages has improved, but only because I didn't look to closely at it. Why am I not getting the town feeling I want from her stuff?

Pisskop is sketchy but the wagon on him is pretty meh. I'd rather not vote there today, but could as a compromise. I don't get why people think Luca is scummy (except Talah is just pushing a mislynch on him in all likelihood, so there is that). I don't really get the Yates wagon either, pretty uninterested in voting that. Gant seems townish enough and the votes on him are super stale. Not sure what to make of that. Would you compromise lynch ThAdmiral?

Check Luca's ISO. Apologizing prod-dodging and a defense of bjc. And talah could be bussing for towncred. Yates wagon is non-starter. My ThAd townread is hard-gut (see ), so, barring an unusual turn of events, probably not.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Yates »

Please pm me to pre-in
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

How do people feel about 4nxi3ty? Every reread of the ISO I do makes me feel worse about him.

Unvote: Luca Blight
Vote: 4nxi3ty

Happy to switch back to Luca if that's what people want, but we are at the stage of the day now where we need to be wagoning, so I want to try a new angle.

734 for reasons.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 778, Nero Cain wrote:I meant Aptil not Ap as in the angry bird.

Only real post of content is . And it's not delightfully good, either.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 777, Yates wrote:Everything you said after this could really apply to ANY lurker. My point is that you shouldn't make it ABOUT the out of game reason unless you somehow KNOW someone is lying. If Mastin said his grandmother was dying and could And I'm not going to go through the whole process of uploading video of the shoot to youtube and posting a link as proof because screw that.
SCUM!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 777, Yates wrote:Everything you said after this could really apply to ANY lurker. My point is that you shouldn't make it ABOUT the out of game reason unless you somehow KNOW someone is lying. If Mastin said his grandmother was dying and could And I'm not going to go through the whole process of uploading video of the shoot to youtube and posting a link as proof because screw that.
SCUM!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 782, PeregrineV wrote:

And that's scummier than Luca? I don't see how.

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 734, Damon_Gant wrote:Well who is the scum here then? If he believes that there is nearly always a scum involved with meta talks then surely this should be top priority line of inquiry for him.
nah, I'll leave that for later. Rather have mastin around before getting into that shit. Perfectly fine as a loose end, someone else can pick it up maybe, or I can if I'm still around.
Not sure how you feel? What does that even mean? It looks like he's just keeping it open to use this against DV later if he feels like it.
story of my life this game: be honest about my uncertainty->get accused of leaving my options open.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:30 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 785, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 782, PeregrineV wrote:

And that's scummier than Luca? I don't see how.
Not necessarily
scummier
, but scummy enough to lynch, yes.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 777, Yates wrote:Well, aptil isn't really contributing yet due to "internet problems" and my read on pisskop isn't on the right side of null. Also, I don't really care too much about his meta since he isn't posting enough that anyone should be able to meta read him. Also also, as I've said before, screw meta.
Pretty much this.
In post 777, Yates wrote:If Mastin said his grandmother was dying and couldn't post but you saw him at a craps table in Vegas drunk posting in another thread? That's one thing.
What if mastin is playing at the blackjack table?

Also, re Talah on Luca. Talah actually argued to me that I can't PROVE Luca isn't faking out of game issues. Like. That is such a contrived case to push on someone at all. And the double-justification Talah is giving for his reason to be voting Luca (keeps seriously scumreading him, but ALSO is just voting him for pressure admittedly at one point) is really bad.

Spoiler:

Check Luca's ISO. Apologizing prod-dodging and a defense of bjc. And talah could be bussing for towncred. Yates wagon is non-starter. My ThAd townread is hard-gut (see ), so, barring an unusual turn of events, probably not.

I've seen the ISO, I think its just null? I don't see apologizing for inactivity as scummy (DGB mislynches people for that frequently). Post 48
does
read a little weird, but I don't see why everyone thinks Luca is scumscumscum for posting a waffle on P2. If I were to vote Luca, it would be purely policy/compromise at this point. Would rather Bipolar, Thad (these probably aren't happening today) or Talah (also probably not happening). Pisskop lynch is better than most, I might prefer aptil to Luca?
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:40 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

vibeing on snow's ISO like it ain't right, like something to do with scumread of Damon
And I wish Yates had
a
comment about me or the events surrounding me, but there's alot going on in this game sooo maybe just paranoia there?

AP's certainty makes me want to recheck talah, but there were some comments I liked, I'll try to find them again
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Snow iso? I can check that.

Spoiler:

I've seen the ISO, I think its just null? I don't see apologizing for inactivity as scummy (DGB mislynches people for that frequently). Post 48
does
read a little weird, but I don't see why everyone thinks Luca is scumscumscum for posting a waffle on P2. If I were to vote Luca, it would be purely policy/compromise at this point. Would rather Bipolar, Thad (these probably aren't happening today) or Talah (also probably not happening). Pisskop lynch is better than most, I might prefer aptil to Luca?

Re:Luca-town guilt should necessitate a replace out, since he's effectively hindering a scumhunting townie but taking up the slot. Bipolar- nah. Thoughts on Talah bussing Luca? Pisskop, aptil, ThAd- not today
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Snow reads as town based on postings so far. I disagree with his bjc opinion, but like his posting.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:57 am

Post by Yates »

In post 789, 4nxi3ty wrote:And I wish Yates had a comment about me or the events surrounding me, but there's alot going on in this game sooo maybe just paranoia there?
Oh. You're playing this game?

I wish 4nxi3ty had a comment about me or the events surrounding me, but there's a lot going on in this game sooo maybe just paranoia there?
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Yates »

In post 789, 4nxi3ty wrote:but there's alot going on in this game
Alright. That was a little snarkier than I intended. Is there anything specific you want me to comment on? I really haven't been paying you much attention or you haven't made any posts worth commenting on so...
Please pm me to pre-in
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:25 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

not really, wanted to see what's up, open a dialogue

I disagree with you thinking talah's "townbjc for fuckyouishness" was odd, that was one of the comments I liked about talah.
(although the last time I saw someone bring up the beetlejuice tell they were town so shrug)

reaction to nero?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:33 am

Post by talah »

I think I misread Pidgeon just because he was pushing hard.

But it's at the point where he has to be an idiot, or scum. Every time I come back after posting something he's taking the opportunity to pull something I've said out of context and call it scummy. It's highly distracting to me, and I don't think he's an idiot.

VOTE: Pidgeon

@Pere - I don't know why you're scumreading me and I'm having trouble caring. But you *really* think I'm *bussing* Luca?

OKAY

The rest of the questions can wait till I'm "back" in a bit.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 739, talah wrote:So here's what's going to happen with my pet scumlurker over the next few days:

HAI LUCA

He'll post just around or after the next dodge with an opinion on one or two of the non-controversial but mentioned players, probably laying down suspicion on someone like bjc or a quizzical query on Admiral or Pere.

A couple of days later, he'll apologise for lack of content again, and promise a catch up in the next couple of days.

He'll come back with three or four days from deadline and post a strong position on a townie for bad reasons. Then he'll attack one or two popular alternatives, very gently mind you, and place his vote on said strong-positioned townie. Posting twice or three times in the process!

Then two days out from deadline he'll say his vote needs to change to the most popular town candidate for lynch, and if there's opportunity or division close to deadline, he'll compromise on whatever townie's available.

I'm an Oracle.
Best post 2014.
In post 751, Yates wrote:Reaction Test: failed. YOU have been playing mafia too long to be dumb enough to think that was an ACTUAL scum slip accusation.
If I were scum I'd push that point and call it a "slip" until you were hanged.
Point of that post, though, is that it's dumb to tell people what you would do as scum and to try to pretend that the fact you aren't doing that is why you are town even though you just showed that you are aware of your scum meta and could therefore alter your meta accordingly.
Wait. Aren't you doing exactly that? Saying what you would do as scum? See bolded.
In post 757, Nero Cain wrote:I don't care about Mastin...I don't care about Apitil...I don't care about Thad. The only thing I do care about is lynching your scum ass but this will be like Harry Potter where I peg the scum and derp town don't listen to me.
It would help if you read the entire game, posted more, and presented your case on mister rogers clearly and in dot points. I've got to say it's going to be a tough sell because rogers is on a lot of people's town-lists, me included.
In post 767, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya, thats pretty bad. People voting on a lone wagon should consider changing that.
Anx is my strongest scumread by far. I'm actually sort of bemused as to why I've been the only person voting him all game. I know 6 days isn't a lot but I still feel there's a little bit of time before we have to start condensing wagons and narrowing down our choice to just a couple.

Like of the wagons with more than 1 vote (and we're talking about a situation where the largest wagon has an almighty 3 on it, so its really no great difference anyway) I have no interest in voting talah or damon gant, luca blight is just a straight up lurker and that would be a cop out, yates and pisskop are in my null pile but I feel like I would like them to stick around a bit longer, leaving bjc as the only wagon I'd be happy with - but even there he's just replaced out and I feel the replacement deserves a chance to at least read up on the game and post some thoughts.
In post 781, Damon_Gant wrote:How do people feel about 4nxi3ty? Every reread of the ISO I do makes me feel worse about him.

Unvote: Luca Blight
Vote: 4nxi3ty

Happy to switch back to Luca if that's what people want, but we are at the stage of the day now where we need to be wagoning, so I want to try a new angle.

734 for reasons.
YES!

Good man.

More pls.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:28 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

ATTENTION EVERYONE

In post 786, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 734, Damon_Gant wrote:Well who is the scum here then? If he believes that there is nearly always a scum involved with meta talks then surely this should be top priority line of inquiry for him.
nah, I'll leave that for later. Rather have mastin around before getting into that shit. Perfectly fine as a loose end, someone else can pick it up maybe, or I can if I'm still around.
Not sure how you feel? What does that even mean? It looks like he's just keeping it open to use this against DV later if he feels like it.
story of my life this game: be honest about my uncertainty->get accused of leaving my options open.
Oh woe is me!

Do you see how he just complains about people thinking he's scum and STILL HE AVOIDS TAKING A STANCE. Look at the bit about Mastin. He's not even attempting to derive a scumread out of something that he himself brought up. He even suggest someone else doing it. Wtf?

This is what came up when I typed "anxiety wagon" in to google.

ALRIGHTY EVERYONE, HOP ABOARD!!!

(yes I'm campaigning now, its come to that)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I know what you're thinking: what will I get if I jump on board the anxiety wagon?

Well here are the benefits:

- you get to combine forces with renowned and venerable scumhunter Mr T. Hadmiral
- your avatar will be "photoshopped" on to the delightful picture of google's very own Anxiety Wagon, complete with what I believe is a small daschund
-
you will be voting for scum
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 am

Post by pisskop »

But . . . Yates.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”