Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 am

Post by acryon »

In post 567, farside22 wrote:
In post 565, SnugglyDuckling wrote:Does anybody think both Belisarius and curiouskarmadog could be scum together?

Not me. I thought CKD had put together a case on skelda most seemed to follow. Scum is on that skelda wagon.

But if Beli is scum, then CKD did a good job of badgering me off of his wagon.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:33 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 575, acryon wrote:
In post 565, SnugglyDuckling wrote:Does anybody think both Belisarius and curiouskarmadog could be scum together?

Not me. I thought CKD had put together a case on skelda most seemed to follow. Scum is on that skelda wagon.

Badgering? You mean questioning you?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:35 am

Post by acryon »

In post 576, farside22 wrote:

Badgering? You mean questioning you?

It's all about perspective. Maybe to you and everyone else it looked like questioning. To me, it felt like badgering so that's what I'll call it. Either way, I don't necessarily think that CKD is scum, just saying that given Beli scum, Beli/CKD team has a non-zero amount of merit.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:51 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 571, chaoslord54 wrote:

To be honest a little bit.

I love it when people say this. So has there been a time you havent been honest in this game?

In post 571, chaoslord54 wrote: The reasoning behind this is that if she's posting evidence against someone but then votes a different way it comes off fishy. If she had voted me at least it would make more sense since she seemed to have been trying to build a case against me. Her vote against Beli though just comes off scummy.

BUT WHY is is fishy/scummy? I want to hear your reasoning why you believe this.

In post 572, chaoslord54 wrote:

In all honesty
Beli never real came off as scummy to me.

MAN....there it is again.

If Beli is town, then I also did a good job "badgering" you off the wagon...does that mean anything?

do you take any responsibility for your vote on Skelda? Or did I bully you into it? Did you think Skelda was scum?

this post contained 4(now 5) questions, is this badgering in your perspective?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:02 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 500, chaoslord54 wrote:Okay so I was looking through what I miss and I do not understand why there is such a big wagon building on Belisarius...I mean the cases against him are not put together very well and the speed it built after there has not really been a large wagon on him the entire day is alarming.

Vote:Skelda

The biggest reason for my vote against Skelda is for this reasoning..Skelda did not bring up a lot of reasons for his vote on Beli and his comments and willingness to be lynched in and the way he sounds with his last posts and lack of posting now here just seems scummy to me.

This kind of makes me want to townread you.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:05 am

Post by acryon »

In post 578, curiouskarmadog wrote:

If Beli is town, then I also did a good job "badgering" you off the wagon...does that mean anything?

I didn't say it gave you general scum-points. Only in the case that Beli is scum.

do you take any responsibility for your vote on Skelda? Or did I bully you into it? Did you think Skelda was scum?

Yes, I do. I was between Skelda and Beli for my vote, but I did think Beli was by far the better vote, hence my consistent defense. I did finally decide to go on Skelda instead, because the traction just wasn't there for a Beli vote, and I'd rather vote for my lesser scum-read than no-lynch. If you read any of my other posts, you would know that I thought Skelda was possibly scum, and mentioned it several times. If you weren't wasting my time with some of your other questions, you certainly did with that one.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 579, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 500, chaoslord54 wrote:Okay so I was looking through what I miss and I do not understand why there is such a big wagon building on Belisarius...I mean the cases against him are not put together very well and the speed it built after there has not really been a large wagon on him the entire day is alarming.

The biggest reason for my vote against Skelda is for this reasoning..Skelda did not bring up a lot of reasons for his vote on Beli and his comments and willingness to be lynched in and the way he sounds with his last posts and lack of posting now here just seems scummy to me.

Really? This post is terrible. He is just repeating what others said and acting like it is some revelation he came to while reading through.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:07 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

But it's consistent with his scumread on me. Since I was the one leading the wagon it makes sense for him to be paranoiac about it.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:10 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

If he does turn out to be scum though there's a good chance of Beli being scum too.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:47 am

Post by farside22 »

What crack are you smoking and no the paranoia doesn't count.
The reason he found skelda scum are all null reasons.
Skelda willing to self vote, null. His lack of reason is hypocritical and now he's voting AFF!

In post 580, acryon wrote:
In post 578, curiouskarmadog wrote:

I didn't say it gave you general scum-points. Only in the case that Beli is scum.

Yes, I do. I was between Skelda and Beli for my vote, but I did think Beli was by far the better vote, hence my consistent defense. I did finally decide to go on Skelda instead, because the traction just wasn't there for a Beli vote, and I'd rather vote for my lesser scum-read than no-lynch. If you read any of my other posts, you would know that I thought Skelda was possibly scum, and mentioned it several times. If you weren't wasting my time with some of your other questions, you certainly did with that one.

You are voting beli and think he's scum right?
If so your first comment here to CKD is pretty bad.
You come off not sounding like you strongly believe beli is scum.

In post 583, FakedBlogger wrote:If he does turn out to be scum though there's a good chance of Beli being scum too.

So what took you off that beli wagon?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:51 am

Post by acryon »

In post 584, farside22 wrote:
You are voting beli and think he's scum right?
If so your first comment here to CKD is pretty bad.
You come off not sounding like you strongly believe beli is scum.

No, I think he is scum, but I'm not ready to say B is positive when it is dependent on A being positive(which it wouldn't be until the flip).
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

In post 568, chaoslord54 wrote:So I'm thinking my strongest scumvibe is Amy. My reasoning is that she pushed for a Beli wagon yesterday, but started to get off of it and lean towards me but then she disappeared for quite some time and then comes back, post evidence that seems to be against me but then votes Beli. It comes off a little fishy for me.

Vote: Amy Farrah Fowler

At which point did I attempt to get off it? My vote was there the entire time, pertinent to my highest scumread. While I was less active later on in the day due to a heavier workload IRL, I don't believe I received any prods yet, and therefore my activity would generally be regarded as sufficient.

I posted evidence against CKD, Beli and you, and voted for Beli. This was because out of those, if one had to be town then it'd be CKD, you're scummy but have a 10% chance of being a worse-than-usual village idiot, leaving Beli. So pay attention.

And what happened to your other scumreads? How did I suddenly get so big?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Skelda willing to self vote, null. His lack of reason is hypocritical and now he's voting AFF!

I didn't factor his reasons into my read.

But since it obviously bothered you I wonder why you didn't cause a shitstorm then. You probably could've gained enough traction to lynch him with 3 hours remaining (Skelda having 5 votes and Beli 4). Your push on him seemed premature and half-ass to me and it didn't climax when it should've. Come post in question you wound up talking about meta and your work instead. Maybe you were content with the way things were going.

In post 584, farside22 wrote:You come off not sounding like you strongly believe beli is scum.

Maybe he doesn't strongly believe it. What kind of argument is this?

In post 584, farside22 wrote:So what took you off that beli wagon?

A townie would've asked what brought me on in the first place, anyway. I think you're scum and should be lynched today.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:40 am

I feel like if I had to correlate flips and reads then if:
CKD = scum then Beli = scum (defence of Beli, deflected wagon)
Beli = scum then Chaos = scum (protectiveness, made up an imaginary wagon earlier in the game), a little more so than CKD (as mentioned above)
Chaos = scum then Beli = Scum (defence, as mentioned above)
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 am

In post 562, Belisarius wrote:Nope! I don't grok the case on chaos at all. Chaos is just lynchbait.

Do you feel that dismissing someone as lynchbait is always a good option? A village idiot or just someone who happens to be having a bad game can be dismissed by town for being
that
bad and can easily lounge through the remainder of the game.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am

In post 554, TobyLoby wrote:
In post 543, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:The Skelda lynch shouldn't have happened, and I don't know why it did.

I feel like right now if one of Beli/CKD/Chaos is scum then so are the other two.

Chaos was the largest BW in the game at one point (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). CKD came in and tried his hardest to change to a different bandwagon in order to avoid a scumbuddy getting lynched. He was successful.
Pretty early on in the game Chaos blatantly sheeped one of Beli's votes within two posts. Chaos is fairly new, so it's something that's not too unexpected.
In-thread they don't really pay too much attention to one another.

A Beli lynch should've happened yesterday. We were close. Let's make it happen now.
Vote: Belisarius

You just gave a bunch of reasoning of why Chaos and CKD are prob scum but not so much Beli. Why aren't you voting either of them over Beli?

Where did you disappear off to last day btw.

The Beli read is 10% gut, 10% associative tell based on the assumption that one of CKD and Chaos are scum, and 80% because of the fact that content-wise a lot of his posts have been wailing about a lack of reads or some crap like that, along with play that I'd categorise as 'generally scummy IMO'.

My absence was due to bad IRL time management on my part. I apologise, my bad and all that crap.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:02 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 587, FakedBlogger wrote:

I didn't factor his reasons into my read.

But since it obviously bothered you I wonder why you didn't cause a shitstorm then. You probably could've gained enough traction to lynch him with 3 hours remaining (Skelda having 5 votes and Beli 4). Your push on him seemed premature and half-ass to me and it didn't climax when it should've. Come post in question you wound up talking about meta and your work instead. Maybe you were content with the way things were going.

In post 584, farside22 wrote:You come off not sounding like you strongly believe beli is scum.

Maybe he doesn't strongly believe it. What kind of argument is this?

In post 584, farside22 wrote:So what took you off that beli wagon?

A townie would've asked what brought me on in the first place, anyway. I think you're scum and should be lynched today.

That's ridiculous. The thread was quiet despite my push and chaos comment.
I can't force people to come in the thread to vote if they either aren't around or don't think there is enough time.
Also I believe 2 people stated there wasn't enough time or traction for the lynch to happen.
Did you miss that for some reason?

Also, nice question dodge. Between your vote of beli, then me nothing happened so why did you jump off the wagon so quickly?

As for my question to acryon I note people have associate tells tend to push both players but scum will push one over the other.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:08 am

Post by acryon »

In post 591, farside22 wrote:
As for my question to acryon I note people have associate tells tend to push both players but scum will push one over the other.

That's fine if that's how you play, but it isn't how I play. Why would I split my pressure on 2 people(one of which depends on the other to be scum), when I can push it all on one?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 592, acryon wrote:

That's fine if that's how you play, but it isn't how I play. Why would I split my pressure on 2 people(one of which depends on the other to be scum), when I can push it all on one?

It's not how I play, it's what I see often.
That leads the question if true, who would you think is scum if beli flips town?

@naked: are you an alt?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:21 am

Post by acryon »

In post 593, farside22 wrote:
In post 592, acryon wrote:

It's not how I play, it's what I see often.
That leads the question if true, who would you think is scum if beli flips town?

Honestly I'm not so sure. He's my primary scum-read at the moment.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm in opposite land of thinking one of beli/chaos is scum.
I don't see them scum together.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 am

Post by acryon »

In post 595, farside22 wrote:I'm in opposite land of thinking one of beli/chaos is scum.

Do you not think that Chaos's WKing of Beli seemed really contrived?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:08 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 589, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:A village idiot or just someone who happens to be having a bad game can be dismissed by town for being that bad and can easily lounge through the remainder of the game.

1) "having a bad game" != "being
that
bad" and the way you phrased that shows you know it damned well
2) How is piling on lynchbait any better than lynching at random? Because I can tell you how it's worse: It provides camouflage for scum using lynchbait to protect themselves and their scumbuddies from the lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:37 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 596, acryon wrote:
In post 595, farside22 wrote:I'm in opposite land of thinking one of beli/chaos is scum.

Do you not think that Chaos's WKing of Beli seemed really contrived?

No.
Why do you?
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:22 am

Post by TobyLoby »

Spoiler: CKD quotes to Bel and stuff
In post 563, curiouskarmadog wrote:

In post 549, Belisarius wrote:Come to think of it, the Rule of Three applies here.

VOTE: curiouskarmadog

Wait what? Did you even read the game yesterday?

oh I get it reverse karma.

In post 313, Belisarius wrote:Alright, CKD, you win a sheep.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Skelda

I'm not happy about my lack of scumreads this late in the Day. There's
got
to be something usable here...

oh wait you did read the game.

--

So why a Dry fit kill?

His vote was on Chaos before he flipped to Bel (then Skelda) just to get a lynch.

Maybe farside is right.

Still think Bel is town…

Vote Chaos

CKD, this doesn't make sense to me. You shit on Bel and then call him town. What was the point of this conversation with him?

Tell me why you believe Bel is town.

Tell me why you believe Chaos is scum before his entrance today. Why do you think scum didn't kill farside who was also on Chaos as well?

Return to “Completed Open Games”