Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:25 am

Post by TobyLoby »

Like, use quotes. Chaos has a small iso. I want to see all the quotes of his that you read as obvscum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 673, acryon wrote:
In post 672, farside22 wrote:I really hate the too scummy to be scum mentality.
I said it once (not here) I will say it a thousand freeking times.
There is a difference between giving reads and making bad comments and lying down doing fucking nothing.
One is bad town, the other is skating by scum.

And which category do you put Chaos in?

The second. :neutral:

He sure as he'll isn't bleeding town.
If bel flips town who is scum? Who is scum besides bel?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:45 am

Post by acryon »

In post 674, TobyLoby wrote:Acyron, explain in your own words the instances where Chaos has looked obvscum to you.

I already said some of this in other posts, but I'll give it a go all in one place.

Post 2, , we have the first one that started it all. Strawman via non-existent Mr. Blonde wagon. Also included a blurb about Farside's early play that everyone had already said.
Posts 3, , and 4, both promise reads that night and don't deliver. Not scummy necessarily, but worth noting.
Post 5, , says how he now sees how his initial vote and reasoning could seem scummy, but then says the wagon on him is pretty bad. Once again promises reads that night and doesn't deliver.
Post 6, , says that he now thinks Farside is town, after everyone had pretty much already left that wagon. The rest of this post is the most town of his posts, as he seems to be providing his own ideas against the Skelda wagon and for a NakedJogger one. That being said, several people had mentioned his unoriginal content at this point, so this can easily be written off as trying to avoid looking scummy. Additionally, his reason here for the scum-feel on Jogger is almost exactly the same as the one for AFF later, and they aren't particularly good.
Post 8, , says he is waiting on replies from NakedJogger, but then never mentions Jogger or the replies again.
Post 10, , was already addressed by me, but again never gives any real details on the defense of Beli or why the wagon was bad. Votes Skelda for similarly weak reasons.
Post 11, , I don't buy this scum giving up thing he is saying. When has this ever happened? Maybe after a couple days of heavy railing, but never quickly like this.
Post 12, Vote: AFF. Nothing in-between, and the reasoning isn't nearly enough to warrant a Town-read-->Vote transition.
Post 13, , actually isn't terrible.
Post 14, , again has a very vague defense of Beli, and a vague explanation of what he thinks scum is up to.
Post 17, , now backtracks on his AFF and says in two different places that he might have been mis-reading. This post is waffle city.
Post 18, , now backtracks and says he can see how people have scummy vibes on Beli, but does sort of stick to his defense of Beli still. The second part isn't bad.
Post 19, , asks scrambles why he thinks he is scum, but he literally just said that he can see how people feel Beli is scum.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 am

Post by acryon »

I didn't necessarily indicate which are scummy, but pretty much everything I said that isn't followed by a comment about it being ok or good you can assume is bad.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 am

Post by TobyLoby »

I just want to make this clear and I will come off as a little meanie toby. I am being a meanie, but not being mean spirited.

I asked for obvscum posts by Chaos and you give me like every post man.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:22 am

Post by TobyLoby »

including one you called him previously initially townieishie on.

i just feel like you have been arguing a chaos scum along with a chaos town.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:23 am

Post by acryon »

In post 679, TobyLoby wrote:I just want to make this clear and I will come off as a little meanie toby. I am being a meanie, but not being mean spirited.

I asked for obvscum posts by Chaos and you give me like every post man.

Maybe that tells you something about his post history.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:24 am

Post by acryon »

In post 680, TobyLoby wrote:including one you called him previously initially townieishie on.

i just feel like you have been arguing a chaos scum along with a chaos town.

I have pretty much always been arguing that Chaos's posts are generally scummy, but I am admittedly somewhat torn between, as I said before, scum and newb/inattentive town.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:31 am

Post by TobyLoby »

In post 670, acryon wrote:
In post 668, scrambles wrote:Chaos is way too scummy to be scum.
even now given day 2 he should have at least altered his play a bit, but he's still saying suspicious things. Like hia exchange with me for example.

This.

Like I read this and it's saying, "I think Chaos is town."

In post 671, acryon wrote:
In post 669, TobyLoby wrote:Way too scummy to be scum is how way too scummy scum stay alive.

Agreed, but it's also how newb/inattentive town get killed.

I read this as arguing for a Chaos town read.

In post 673, acryon wrote:
In post 672, farside22 wrote:I really hate the too scummy to be scum mentality.
I said it once (not here) I will say it a thousand freeking times.
There is a difference between giving reads and making bad comments and lying down doing fucking nothing.
One is bad town, the other is skating by scum.

And which category do you put Chaos in?

this is you questioning farside on her obv Chaos scum read.

but before this you've been leaning Chaos scum today.

no sense, man. one of the few people who think chaos is town and argues it comes in and suddenly you're like "iiidddkkkkk."
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:34 am

Post by acryon »

I am being devil's advocate here. I have been part of towns that lynched obvscum that were actually town enough times to be very cautious of it. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure which side I stand on at the moment, which is why I want to discuss both sides of it.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 am

Post by acryon »

The "This" was me partially answering the question of yours about Chaos looking obvscum.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:36 am

Post by acryon »

I'm not trying to push an agenda; I am trying to have a discussion so I can reconcile the issues I have in my mind regarding Chaos that I'm sure are shared by others as well.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 664, TobyLoby wrote:Okay let's talk game once more.

Few things.

a) Why do you think a (scum) Chaos voted Skelda the defender over Beli the whatever?
b) What is farside's scum motivation for voting for (scum) Chaos when the wagon was waning?

Baby me through this.

I think beli is town.

From Chaos' view: at the time of Chaos' vote, beli was leading. IF Chaos votes Skelda (another town) it doesnt really matter. At the time it looked like beli was going to be lynched. When Beli (town) flipped town, Chaos can come in day 2 and keep his vote on Skelda (town) and not have to participate more than saying...I still think skelda is town. Plus...if Beli did get the lynch yesterday and flipped town...it was obvious that I was hell bent on the Skelda lynch. it would have been easy sailing for Chaos (Scum).

Farside is playing strangely this game. She is saying things that I wouldnt expect a veteran to say. That aside.

From Farside's view.

Farside (scum) votes CHoas (scum) and just doesnt leave the wagon...for nothing. She does like my case against Skelda (which by the way I still stand by, town flip or not)...she doesnt join the Bel wagon...she keeps her vote pat. Why? She doesnt have her votes on anyone town...it doesnt raise suspicion. If for some odd ball reason Chaos (scum ) does get the a lynch...then she looks great.

so in the night Farside/chaos scum team off someone who wanted to kill chaos (dryfit)..farside can come back and put her vote back on Chaos, without actually doing anything else in the game...and there is less pressure on Chaos. after Bel (town) was so close to getting lynched yesterday, it would now be easier to get him lynched.

I think, Chaos should be the lynch today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:54 am

EDIT: farside did hammer Skelda
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:03 am

actually going back to confirm when chaos voted I did note this.

now to not tunnel vision again, lets play devil's advocate.

if Bel is scum, and chaos is town.

In post 454, Baezu wrote:

Chaoslord54: (2) Snugglyduckling, Farside22
Belisarius: (5) Amy Farrah Fowler, NakedJogger, scrambles, Skelda, acryon
Skelda: (4) Curiouskarmadog , RoyalApe, Belisarius, Dry-fit
acryon: (1) Ranon

Not Voting: Chaoslord54, TobyLoby

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Bel leading Skelda 5/4

Chaos votes Skelda in 500.

5/5 tie.

Acryon changes vote 514

6/4 now skelda

Toby then add to the pile quickly in 516

7/4 Skelda

Then farside with the hammer

curious Toby, given that (Bel=scum) analyzes who looks bad?

I will answer it....Acryon does..and you some what...

lets play shits and giggles for a second though, why a Dry Fit kill? lets say Bel and Acryon was a team together? I know it is WIFOM...but when I play scum, I love it when town chalks up a night kill to WIFOM. When I am scum, and dealing with a silly or inexperienced town, I always kill for a reason......(please insert: "or you could be scum now, saying that to blah blah blah" here). Bel/Acryon have no reason to kill Dry fit, when most likely coming out today he was going after Choas (town) today...that would just make their job harder.

Still Chaos is the way to go today.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 am

given the above theory (Bel is scum, maybe on a team with Acryon) this vote count seems off.

In post 639, Baezu wrote:

Vote Count 2.03Farside22: (1) NakedJogger
Belisarius: (4) Amy Farrah Fowler, acryon, TobyLoby, scrambles
Curiouskarmadog : (1) Belisarius
Chaoslord54: (2) Farside22, Curiouskarmadog

Not Voting: Snugglyduckling, Ranon, RoyalApe, Chaoslord54

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-09-26 16:55:00)

Mod Notes:
Ranon has a few more hours to pick up his prod or I will start looking for a replacement
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:07 am

In post 689, curiouskarmadog wrote:

I could also go a farside lynch as well.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 am

Farside...thoughts?

In post 687, curiouskarmadog wrote:

Farside is playing strangely this game. She is saying things that I wouldnt expect a veteran to say. That aside.

From Farside's view.

Farside (scum) votes CHoas (scum) and just doesnt leave the wagon...for nothing. She does like my case against Skelda (which by the way I still stand by, town flip or not)...she doesnt join the Bel wagon...she keeps her vote pat. Why? She doesnt have her votes on anyone town...it doesnt raise suspicion. If for some odd ball reason Chaos (scum ) does get the a lynch...then she looks great.

so in the night Farside/chaos scum team off someone who wanted to kill chaos (dryfit)..farside can come back and put her vote back on Chaos, without actually doing anything else in the game...and there is less pressure on Chaos. after Bel (town) was so close to getting lynched yesterday, it would now be easier to get him lynched.

after this post, am I scummier to you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:13 am

Post by farside22 »

@ckd: I agreed with you, but said it wasn't a scum tell.....I thought? I'll look back later.

Also just a peeve I typically have people disagree with me and my reasoning. My scum views changes based on what I see happen recently.
Town bickering, scum lurking. Me showing why x is scum and either scum limping on the read or fighting depending on the player. Mostly under the radar players tend to be scum.
Like right now people debating and discussing, me, CKD, Toby and acryon.
As much as I thought acryon might be scum, he is coming across on why he thinks chaos is scummy but why he hesitates. I get that, I see a genuine thought process.
Anyone, besides Amy because I initially town read her, has played either non-commital, lurking or non participant falls under other.

curiouskarmadog wrote:

I could also go a farside lynch as well.

Because wifom?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 692, curiouskarmadog wrote:Farside...thoughts?

In post 687, curiouskarmadog wrote:

From Farside's view.

after this post, am I scummier to you?

I think your town.
I get why you come to the conclusion, but I'm a tunneler and if someone reads scum I can't shake it till they are lynched. Also as I said I thought I said skelda wasn't scummy......
I think a player killed at night is used for wifom.

This is what I said about skelda.

In post 277, farside22 wrote:CKD:

*Silently screams*
:evil:
I get it. People don't agree, people may have there own view on what I said about requesting replacement at the start. I have seen it exactly twice and both times it was scum.

WHY IS NO ONE SEEING THIS? “everybody is townie, I don’t like the speed of the chaos wagon, but think he is “scummy”….I don’t want to put my vote on him because….???? Uhhh….I don’t want to be associated with his lynch when people look at the votes later. But I am still going to push he is scummy in hopes I can get others to vote him”

I'm going to disagree.
I don't see scum avoiding fast wagons and calling everyone town. It typically leaves them with no one to lynch.
If chaos was town pushing the wagon is more typical or jumping on the wagon calling chaos scummy.

What was your thought in Toby? She bugs me to no end.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Oh and CKD: if you decide to lynch me based on crazy wifom, when I flip town please still lynch chaos.

Sigh.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:07 am

Post by TobyLoby »

All right I've thought about it.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Chaos
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:15 am

Post by TobyLoby »

In post 690, curiouskarmadog wrote:given the above theory (Bel is scum, maybe on a team with Acryon) this vote count seems off.

Mod Notes:
Ranon has a few more hours to pick up his prod or I will start looking for a replacement

Can you tell me how this seems off though?

Actually,

UNVOTE:

I need to think about Chaos more. I get what you are saying about Bel/acyron scum. But I can also see killing Dry-fit because they caught a whiff of him being a PR or they wanted to to add the fuel to two wagons. Question is, is Chaos at the level where he is able to realize, make the distinction, and play off the profit in saving a townie to be used as bait for tomorrow vs saving someone who had a town read on him and defended him?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:00 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 697, TobyLoby wrote:
In post 690, curiouskarmadog wrote:given the above theory (Bel is scum, maybe on a team with Acryon) this vote count seems off.

Mod Notes:

Can you tell me how this seems off though?

Actually,

UNVOTE:

I need to think about Chaos more. I get what you are saying about Bel/acyron scum. But I can also see killing Dry-fit because they caught a whiff of him being a PR or they wanted to to add the fuel to two wagons. Question is, is Chaos at the level where he is able to realize, make the distinction, and play off the profit in saving a townie to be used as bait for tomorrow vs saving someone who had a town read on him and defended him?

The issue with that theory is neither acyron nor bel are voting for chaos.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:18 am

Post by acryon »

Bel leading Skelda 5/4

Chaos votes Skelda in 500.

5/5 tie.

Acryon changes vote 514

6/4 now skelda

Toby then add to the pile quickly in 516

7/4 Skelda

Then farside with the hammer

curious Toby, given that (Bel=scum) analyzes who looks bad?

I will answer it....Acryon does..and you some what...

lets play shits and giggles for a second though, why a Dry Fit kill? lets say Bel and Acryon was a team together? I know it is WIFOM...but when I play scum, I love it when town chalks up a night kill to WIFOM. When I am scum, and dealing with a silly or inexperienced town, I always kill for a reason......(please insert: "or you could be scum now, saying that to blah blah blah" here). Bel/Acryon have no reason to kill Dry fit, when most likely coming out today he was going after Choas (town) today...that would just make their job harder.

This is interesting I guess, but you of all people should know I was pushing pretty hard for Beli vs. Skelda until I realized it wasn't going to get there. I only switched because I wasn't going to be able to post again before deadline, and I didn't want to risk us no-lynching.

Return to “Completed Open Games”