Open 577: Hope Plus One! (GAME OVER - SCUM WIN)

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Later, Rudolph, sorry I really have to sleep now!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Aneninen »

And wow, yet again I've managed to steal the pagetop with a contentless bullshyt!
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 846, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:There's a sense of enthusiasm from town Wake that isn't in scum Wake. That, and he provides much more thoughts, insight and content as town than as scum. Wake has an excuse to being on LA so not as many posts as usual that'd I expect from him, but I do see him as 110% town.

Right...

Please detail these "thoughts, insight and content." What impact would you say Wake has made on the game so far?
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 869, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:what?

no i mean this is relevant meta

you've been spewing vitriol in this thread all day, saying ppl are on crack, calling me dense whatever

i'm giving context into your actions to show that the anger isn't necessarily alignment-indicative

it's for the same reason i give ppl leniency when they're moving across the nation or when they have family emergencies or whatever

Bullshit. Your first post referencing personal details was a blatant dig at me using information I shared in good faith.

GFY.
Everybody lies.

... except me, of course.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 841, Cane + Able wrote:That he was so desperate to sell me as scum that truth became irrelevant told me he was scum, as I am pretty sure I have stated before.

I assume that you're talking about acryon here? Is that correct?

In post 842, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 601, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 598, acryon wrote:
In post 597, Cane + Able wrote:Yay for deadline extension.

This is why the GGG vote from Rudy seems especially curious. We have time, so why would you fall to your 4th suspicion and compromise, especially while acting like you were forced into it.

I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking.

Rudolph has also been WK'ing the fuck out of me. Surprised you didn't call him on that.

VOTE: Rudolph

So if Rudolph is whiteknighting you, what was MathDino doing and how is that different from what Rudolph was doing?
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 880, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 868, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 866, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 864, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:i mean like i'd bite back at you house but i'd feel bad talking smack to semi-autistic trucker

and like before i get warned or anything for this because of this forum's sensitivity to albeist words and whatever

house is a semi autistick trucker

How about just keeping shit that has no relevance to the game out of the game?

and actually this is just flat out posturing considering you wrote this in your GTKAS

In post 1, House wrote:Although I am a fairly high functioning individual considering my disorder, it is still a constant source of social awkwardness. So please bear that in mind when we are in a game together.

i.e. you literally said, in your GTKAS, that this has relevance to games future players have with you

so i think this "wounded puppy" act is something i am not buying

@mod: replace either orc or me.

Do you buy that, prick?
Everybody lies.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 903, Cane + Able wrote:
In post 869, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:what?

no i mean this is relevant meta

you've been spewing vitriol in this thread all day, saying ppl are on crack, calling me dense whatever

i'm giving context into your actions to show that the anger isn't necessarily alignment-indicative

it's for the same reason i give ppl leniency when they're moving across the nation or when they have family emergencies or whatever

Bullshit. Your first post referencing personal details was a blatant dig at me using information I shared in good faith.

GFY.

If you keep bringing this up I will reply.

I assume that you don't want me to, but if you're ok with continuing this I will
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:54 pm

Oh ok I suppose
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

AHA, I figured it out.

I was just looking over copper's ISO with the strangest feeling that
something really important was missing.
And I know what it is now.

copper, do you have any scumreads right now?
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

Wait a minute. I would rather not have us be replaced out but orc if he's going to continue his crap.

If orc wants to keep stomping as hard as he can on that thin ice then let him eat rope for being a dick.

- Wake
Everybody lies.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm going to let your slot figure out what you're doing because I received a PM from house just now which basically constitutes outside comm.

And I mean how many times do I have to say I stopped my line of questioning there?

More than three times is the answer I guess
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

As for the talk about yours truly, I basically started a new job that's very intensive. I haven't done much since my initial posts here, and I was hoping I could get more of a summary instead of having to slog through more than 900 posts of argumentation and speculation. It would aid me in catching up because, as it is right now, I have no idea what's been happening or where to even begin. If I can get a header on what's what, then I can start working from that point on. This is also my very first Hydra, so it's taking me some time getting used to it.

- Wake
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 910, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I'm going to let your slot figure out what you're doing because I received a PM from house just now which basically constitutes outside comm.

And I mean how many times do I have to say I stopped my line of questioning there?

From this point on you need to end it.
Now.

Don't bring it up. Don't mention. Just drop it.

What's your read on acryon?

- Wake
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 910, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:I'm going to let your slot figure out what you're doing because I received a PM from house just now which basically constitutes outside comm.

I asked you not to join any games I'm in in the future, and I encourage the mod to verify that statement.

I said nothing that had anything at all to do with this game.

- House
Everybody lies.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I mean then stop bringing it up like you do when you say
-Orc if he's going to continue is crap
-

Ok?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:59 pm

*his crap
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

In post 913, Cane + Able wrote:

I asked you not to join any games I'm in in the future, and I encourage the mod to verify that statement.

I said nothing relevant to the game.

- House

EBWOP.
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

I will say I'm curious who Rudolph is, since he says he's played with me when I was both Town and Scum. Speaking of my meta and all this chatter about how I play, you could always ask me directly here and in detail. You know, straight from the source. :mrgreen:

Since I'm looking to catch up and get a feel for the new developments, I'll start on page 34, posts 825-849.

Orc saying he doesn't care about Rudolph's alignment in sort of irks me, because generally in Mafia if you're Town you should be concerned about learning players' alignments. I do find it reasonable for Rudy to question why not.

Methinks TTH really, super honestly doesn't know much about this Wake freak. I, I think she's only played with me once, and I daresay she's not familiar with my six years of experience or the way I deliberately change patterns to try and be less readable. It does feel rather overconfident to deduce how I play from one game, but don't mind me, I'm just the dude in the corner getting gabbed about. :mrgreen: :P Ach, Rudy, never be so confident, guy. I know I'm not Scum this game but please, when you show so much confident over an extremely underrated player, it's a weakness to be worked on.

TTH should be asking me how I play as Scum, to be frank. I'm also hoping she'll talk to me directly about what's been on her mind. I'm not particularly fond of all this indirect business going on. At the moment I don't know why my hydra partner is voting: I need to catch up badly. In general I'm not inclined to vote frequently; if you glance at my past games I'm fond of being conservative with my votes.

So... acryon claimed doctor, and there's two doctors? I've never played Hope Plus One before.

Not sure if I should find flattering and partially-correct, or an attempt to placate someone who can be Scum's worst nightmare. For some reason I feel like he's been handing me these nice little cupcakes, where I simply say "oh yeah!," devour them, and promptly look the other way. Eh, I have a habit of not being fond of players who appear to even remotely seem to be trying to buddy me. It makes me feel paranoid, because for all I know the person nicest to me could be Scum hoping to can my ass later on in the game. :P

Once I get a better feeling of where people stand I can start descending upon fools and making damned good reads. :lol:
Everybody lies.

texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 764, Mathdino wrote:Misrep isn't a scumtell. It's a "I'm not properly reading the game" tell.

In post 850, Rudolph the Reindeer wrote:Who even does NK speculation anymore? As Orc says, it's a very safe fakeclaim for scum to make.

All these new rules! What exactly is a scum tell these days? Whatever happened to the easy rules of lynch all lurkers, lynch all liars, and third person on the bandwagon is scum? And I always do NK speculation, though I will admit that it seldom leads anywhere.

In post 843, Cane + Able wrote:I'm giving acryon's read of Rudolph credence because macho doc is a stupid fake claim coming from scum imho.

There is no way he's living until lylo with that out there, and I don't see scum cutting their own life span like that.

Am I mis-reading this? Just because Acryon is alleged town doesn't make his reads any better than yours or mine, it only makes them sincere.

In post 860, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:house do you have a finished scumgame?

Please tell me that you are not going to read some old game to do meta on House before you even bother to read this game!
Do you have any actual interest in scum hunting this game?
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

917 - Wake
Everybody lies.

orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Wondering what you plan on accomplishing when you ask me whether I have interest in scum hunting.

Do you expect me to say anything but "yes"?
Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

I'm inclined to believe acyron's claim. If you're Scum, and you have the option of fakeclaiming Cop or Doc (of which there is two), it makes more sense to fakeclaim Cop in order to draw the real one out. If the Cop hasn't claimed yet then I suggest you keep it that way. That being said, about believing acryon's doc claim, if he gets to LyLo I'm going to start feeling paranoid.

At the moment I am willing to believe him.

Acryon, fill us in on what your thoughts are so far, please.
Everybody lies.

Cane + Able
Cane + Able
Goon
Cane + Able
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Cane + Able »

- Wake

I keep forgetting to sign my posts! :P
Everybody lies.

texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by texcat »

LOL, no, it was an entirely rhetorical question. But here's some real questions. Have you read the thread yet? Do you plan on doing so? I will admit that at 37 pages it is somewhat of a slog. I found the 8 or so new pages today to be a little intimidating.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:46 pm

I skimmed through this entire thread, yes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”