Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1424, TheDudeAbides wrote:Aqua, you know I'm an alt. How come you haven't mentioned it in the thread?

It didn't seem relevant. I'd almost entirely forgotten finding out, for that matter. I don't know who you're an alt of.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Eelyse, could you bullet your case on metal?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1402, Metalcyanide wrote:I never said we didn't agree on these things. I'm just kinda annoyed the conversation has come to stand still and was hoping for something new, sorry

It really makes more sense for you to try to work with me than to try to alienate me.

In post 1425, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1424, TheDudeAbides wrote:Aqua, you know I'm an alt. How come you haven't mentioned it in the thread?

It didn't seem relevant. I'd almost entirely forgotten finding out, for that matter. I don't know who you're an alt of.

You don't think that people would read me differently depending on what they perceive my experience to be?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:15 am

Post by eektor »

In post 1427, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 1402, Metalcyanide wrote:I never said we didn't agree on these things. I'm just kinda annoyed the conversation has come to stand still and was hoping for something new, sorry

It really makes more sense for you to try to work with me than to try to alienate me.

You don't think that people would read me differently depending on what they perceive my experience to be?

If you thought being an alt was important, why didn't you mention it earlier? Who is your main?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:38 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote count is the same as 2.02 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p6709733. There have been no additional votes.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Aquanim »

Meh. I don't remember seeing anyone assuming you were a newbie - your posts don't read like you are one. Since I don't know who you're an alt of, "not a newbie" is pretty much the only useful information that your being an alt tells me.

It might have come up had you been wagoned or something but that hasn't happened.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

1st part yes it does make more sense to work with you.
2nd part you using an alt makes 0 difference to me personally
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 1423, Aquanim wrote:
In post 1406, mykonian wrote:the annoying thing is that towards the end of yesterday and today, eektor has been posting sensibly.

Which posts in particular are you looking at and calling sensible from eektor? Especially posts from today, though I want to see both.

Spoiler: too long
In post 1403, eektor wrote:UNVOTE:

I don't think me tunneling IL is helping this game. Hopefully, IL's replacement is more active.

I don't think the push on Boon is a good one. To me lynching him would be a policy lynch and I don't think his flip would give us any useful information.

I believe pisskop and Aquanim are town and I'm leaning town on Metal.

TDA is in a similar spot to Boon, in that he hasn't been that active and his flip wouldn't give much information.

I'll be looking more into Elyse, mykonian and tools. Moreso Elyse and mykonian as I feel their flip would give the most information.

In post 1363, eektor wrote:
In post 1337, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1290, RadiantCowbells wrote:Alright.

My target is Mykonian.

Keep in mind that chances of a RB on scum side are quite low.

Good luck.

Didn't notice this before. Anybody who has experience with RC, is RC the kind of player who would announce his investigation target just to mess with scum, then investigate somebody else during the night?

From my last game with RC, she likes to manipulate people's actions with her words. So, even if she said who she was going to investigate, I wouldn't be surprised if she checked someone else.

In post 1366, eektor wrote:@pisskop I don't like how a lot of people are forcing you to kill whoever they decide. I think it would be best if people just give you a suggestion on who to shoot and then you decide on your own what to do.

In post 1082, eektor wrote:
In post 1072, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 742, eektor wrote:Is it just me or is Boon just following everything that RC says and does? It makes me wonder if he is scum trying to latch onto an aggressive townie.

Why do you think RC is town?

In post 1073, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 742, eektor wrote:@Boon What makes you so sure RC is town or is right in his reads?

Oh, so you don't think RC is town.

RC's playstyle is similar to what I've seen when he was town in the last game. Also, I don't know why scum would create a counterwagon on metal when Taly was up for being lynched and when Taly claimed to be a PR.

I do think RC is town, but I was asking Boons to see why he thinks RC is town and really why he was sheeping RC. Just because I think RC is town, doesn't mean I agree with her reads and will sheep her votes.

In post 1003, eektor wrote:
In post 984, pisskop wrote:On Eek

9 is scummy
23 is town
57 is too cautious for my taste
97 is associations Metal/IL. Also Id wager town
278 is meh reads
373 RC and Eek. Would scumeek ignore RC?
539 is town
664 is something I agree with

Eek reads as townier than many But I would like an update on this:
In post 828, eektor wrote:
If you flipped town, I would think one of either Elyse or mykonian is scum and I'll be leaning towards mykonian. Another one would probably be Insidious Lemons and the 3rd is a toss up. About your prior claims and cases, I don't agree with both Elyse or mykonian as being scum buddies but now I see you are switching to mykonian and tools. I'm not sure about tools, but I could probably check him for a possible 3rd mafia. Now, how much help have you been to town. I'll give you one thing, your flip can provide us a lot of information about multiple players, but if you are a town power role that got lynched in the first day without using your powers ... I think its just a waste of a town power role.

If you flip scum, your reads won't be invalid but useful to find your buddies. If you flipped scum, I think Aquanim and Boons could be your buddies.

I still think there is at least one (probably 2) on Taly's wagon. I think one of either Elyse or mykonian is scum, but I can't really decide which one is more scummy. Elyse quickly votes for metal saying its the most informative lynch. I really think we should be focusing on finding scum on Taly's wagon instead of going for the "most informative" lynch. Then mykonian also doesn't pay attention to the people on Taly's wagon and tries to find interest in getting me lynched. It took him a while to vote for me, though.

The reason why I voted for IL is he has been shady all game I think and I think his vote on Taly was pretty low key and he did mention he wasn't sure that Taly was scum, but once Taly claimed he kept his vote on Taly like the claim made him want to keep his vote on Taly.

Other thoughts, I think RC is town, as well as pisskop. I'm starting to think Aquanim is town too. I'm wondering if Boon could be scum.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Mm...yes. Elyse has been totally okay lynching me this game. That is true.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Prod Warnings for pisskop and insidiouslemons, it has been about 2 days 10 hours since either has posted.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by pisskop »

. I will say things, I swear.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@Mod: You're looking for a replacement for InsidiousLemons, remember?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I was, but he started posting again after day 2 started.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:28 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1379, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 1370, InsidiousLemons wrote:Aaaaand I've been diagnosed with bronchitis. I can't do this right now, I'm sorry, if I stick around I'm just going to make the game worse for everyone by playing badly and posting sparsely. I'm extremely sorry to everyone, I won't try and keep playing games I can't be active in anymore. Lesson learned.
@Mod: Requesting replacement.

Seeking replacecment, hope you feel better.

He hasn't posted since this
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Just in case of ctrl-F consider the above to be prefaced by
@Mod
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Thanks for the reminder, haven't heard from anyone yet.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:22 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, rereading.

I think it's stupid to lynch boon.
I should have been more careful about the dude. I don't like him now I reread.
Don't want to lynch cyanide, IL still looks shifty.

Issue is that dude-IL scumteam doesn't make sense. We are likely looking at 3 since this is a mini, tool or elyse is likely sitting in my blind spot. Curious game, not enough scum.

vote the dude.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:41 am

Post by mykonian »

other possible person sitting in a blind spot is aqua, I guess.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:45 am

Post by toolenduso »

VOTE: eektor

Where did this come from? Like, why ask this all of a sudden?

In post 1441, mykonian wrote:I think it's stupid to lynch boon.

Why? And do you think he's not worth pushing? Because I'm kind of leaning in that direction.

In post 1441, mykonian wrote:I should have been more careful about the dude. I don't like him now I reread.

I'd like to hear more about this. I've found myself unable to get much of a read on him.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:13 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1369, eektor wrote:As for IL

In post 1330, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 1329, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 1324, pisskop wrote:Speculation on such things isnt going to yield fruit.

We need suspects. Not what-ifs.

I still like boon, hasn't said anything and he sheeped RC

Why are either of these at all reasons to like boon?

This is just filler, he took one post and decide to reply to it. He didn't take the time to see the context of the post in reference to metal voting for boon and pushing for a boon's lynch. Nothing town here, more like lazy scum trying to appear to be scumhunting.

Does IL being in the hospital not offer a reasonable explanation for this?

In post 1349, Metalcyanide wrote:Boon, you are the laziest scum I've ever seen. You skip the damn post which was 2 posts after that one where I say I want you lynched. If you flip town I'm going to be pissed and fucking recommend you be banned for playing against your win condition, if you are scum your damn teammates should be voting your weak ass for the same reason. Everyone vote this idiot please or Pisskop just shoot the fucker.

Am I the only one who finds this reaction weird? I mean, why get this mad at somebody you think is scum? For that matter, why get this mad at anyone simply for being inactive?

In post 1412, Metalcyanide wrote:Semi-crazy theory that i thought of, could you be scum. Your posts are very well thought out and read like you know a bit more than the rest of us. You wanted to kill both Odd and Taly D1 (but in fairness most of us did) and now your pushing me so 3 town pushes but are saying we need to ignore a boon lynch because it won't tell us anything. But that's just a theory

Why is it crazy (or semi-crazy) to think that Elyse could be scum?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:41 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 1444, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1349, Metalcyanide wrote:Boon, you are the laziest scum I've ever seen. You skip the damn post which was 2 posts after that one where I say I want you lynched. If you flip town I'm going to be pissed and fucking recommend you be banned for playing against your win condition, if you are scum your damn teammates should be voting your weak ass for the same reason. Everyone vote this idiot please or Pisskop just shoot the fucker.

Am I the only one who finds this reaction weird? I mean, why get this mad at somebody you think is scum? For that matter, why get this mad at anyone simply for being inactive?

In post 1412, Metalcyanide wrote:Semi-crazy theory that i thought of, could you be scum. Your posts are very well thought out and read like you know a bit more than the rest of us. You wanted to kill both Odd and Taly D1 (but in fairness most of us did) and now your pushing me so 3 town pushes but are saying we need to ignore a boon lynch because it won't tell us anything. But that's just a theory

Why is it crazy (or semi-crazy) to think that Elyse could be scum?

Maybe an over reaction but I don't like lurkers and I don't like when I'm the only one trying to put pressure on one to do something.

My theory was crazy because I literally pieced the whole case together just to see reactions. Really I liked the responses from Elyse, and that's why I didn't respond to the last post from her. I was hoping more people would say something about it but not sure what I would get from people at this point so my semi-crazy theory was in fact just a crazy reaction test for Elyse.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1426, TheDudeAbides wrote:Eelyse, could you bullet your case on metal?

Sure.

At first I townread metal for not knowing that the game wasn't open, but then he immediately believed that RC was an "adorable cop" or something ridiculous like that. I feel like scum are more likely to believe a townie's claim no matter what because they know the person is town and probably isn't lying. Him showing no skepticism whatsoever was very strange. So I think his ignorance wrt to general setup and roles is either a wash or leans scum.
Other things:
-votes RC for a "joke", but keeps vote there after realizing it was a joke
-calls tool, eektor, and myself lurkers, showing he's not actually that involved in the game
-wanted to lynch an un-CC'd cop Day 1
-willing to lynch anyone as a VT except for IL
-lots of complaining about there being no conversation, but not starting one himself
-misreps me by saying I am advocating we ignore Boon, then tries to pass it off as a reaction test
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

- I had a problem with RC all game and didn't believe the cop claim so I pushed what I thought was right. Plus RC was really playing this game well, went after 3 town Odd, Taly, myself, and claimed for no reason. Yep totally trusted him
- Called several people lurkers based off post count and time away. Just because you had a few long posts doesn't mean your not lurking (imo)
- Was also willing to be the lynch gave IL a break because he was in the damn hospital.
- I feel like I've attempted to get conversation going several times.
- Yes, I too can try reaction tests. Unfortunately no one commented besides you, but I liked your responses at least. :mrgreen:
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 1447, Metalcyanide wrote:- I had a problem with RC all game and didn't believe the cop claim so I pushed what I thought was right. Plus RC was really playing this game well, went after 3 town Odd, Taly, myself, and claimed for no reason. Yep totally trusted him

Um, you did trust him when he claimed "adorable cop" sooo
In post 1447, Metalcyanide wrote:
- Called several people lurkers based off post count and time away. Just because you had a few long posts doesn't mean your not lurking (imo)

That's funny since
In post 669, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 667, Aquanim wrote:I don't understand how a townie reading the thread would come to the conclusion that Elyse is a lurker, post count or no post count.

Just going by the post count. She defenitly has a good amount of long posts though

In post 676, Metalcyanide wrote:A)I didn't do a word count on everyone and if you look back a few posts I did make a mention of that.

Do you still want to hold onto this new stance that I was lurking early in the game?
- Was also willing to be the lynch gave IL a break because he was in the damn hospital.

We needed a lynch close to deadline and you didn't vote for your counterwagon. That's bizarre. I don't know if it's because he's your scumbuddy, you preferred a no lynch to give town no information, or you're stupid.
- I feel like I've attempted to get conversation going several times.

Really? You just said this before:
In post 1412, Metalcyanide wrote:
The conversation thus far has been where is Boon and we think Pisskop is town. I'm not good at leading town or getting conversations going probably why you think I'm scum, unless your scum trying to get a mislynch but ignoring that for now. My entire game relies on being able to comment on others arguments.

- Yes, I too can try reaction tests. Unfortunately no one commented besides you, but I liked your responses at least. :mrgreen:

What you did was misrep me, get called out on it, and pretend it was a reaction test. It clearly wasn't one and anyone on a 1st grade reading level can see that.

If metal isn't lynched by the time I wake up tomorrow morning I'll be pissed.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I'm still okay with this.

VOTE: Metalcyanide

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”